>miata pics and vids
>miata feels
>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ:
can I fit?
>yes i am 7'2" and fit easily

can I daily drive one?
>yes most people can daily drive a miata no problem i have put over 900,000 miles on mine and still using the same engine and trans

even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive very well in the snow. the light weight of the vehicle improves traction

Other urls found in this thread:

charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5988612551.html
chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6010747452.html
chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5985933068.html
madison.craigslist.org/ctd/5977044862.html
xtube.com/video-watch/Fucking-a-Miata-17591942
youtube.com/watch?v=SwAG_GIRdVg
youtube.com/watch?v=dblejR8Tg24
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6009394516.html
instagram.com/p/BOFdVJ5jZu7/
instagram.com/p/BNsf9QjjN6U/
autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=447675978&zip=32601&modelCode1=MIATA&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=32601&modelCode1=MIATA&mmt=%5BMAZDA%5BMIATA%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&startYear=1981&makeCode1=MAZDA&firstRecord=0&endYear=1998&modelCodeList=MIATA&searchRadius=100&makeCodeList=MAZDA&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&makeCode1=MAZDA&firstRecord=0&endYear=1998&searchRadius=100&makeCode1=MAZDA&modelCode1=MIATA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Street tires on car
>Street tires in trunk
Explain this shit.

>see tailgater in rear view mirrors
>pull ratchet strap release
>no more tailgater

>rollover accident
>keep driving

>not wanting to die when your Miata™ rolls over

frolo pls

charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5988612551.html
Looking at this this week.
Hoping to get it for $5k even.
i know that's 'spensive for a miata but as far as I can tell the cheap miata ship has sailed and those are the wheels I want on an unmolested low mile car

why do people like these things besides them being cheap

they handle very well, are qt, and you can customize them to be your own little special snowflake car for very cheap
and they have just enough power to be usable

>they handle very well
wont know til I try I guess
>qt
no
>just enough power to be usable
>100hp

Duno, bought one to flip a couple years ago and now I've put 20k miles on it.

What's the verdict on the mx-5 RF? They turned a lot of heads at the reveal, but I'm not seeing many on the road. Is it the price that's hurting it? I feel as if the RF does well we could see Mazda start seriously looking at a faster version of the Miata. Maybe an enthusiasts model.

I live in Columbia and I'm about to put my 99 on the market for 5,500. She's sitting on 15x7 Kosei K1's, Flyin Miata coils, and has Hard Dog roll, door, and harness bars. Shit tons of maintenance too, t belt and water pump, new oem clutch, new soft top and rain rail, oem battery, lots more. Only downside is the mileage (163k) but she's in decent condition all things considered

Your average small commuter has sub-100 HP, what are you on about?

I fucking hate miata fags so much

M8, you aren't going to see a lot on the road because if I remember correctly the RF is just a made to order special edition. Only the elite autists who have connections at their dealerships are going to get their hands on it. It's not a mass produced model like the ND

I live in charleston. Post pics pls. I actually wanted an NB but was settling for an NA.

>people treat the miata like the god machine
>100hp
I don't care about the average commuter but I never understood why this thing got so much praise for anything other than price

The 1.8L has 130hp. It still gets to 60 in 7.5 seconds which is quick enough not to be annoying. My BMW makes 225HP and still only gets to 60 in 7 seconds, and it feels fast.

not all of ours have just 100hp

I'll post a few pics along with the list of parts and maintenance I typed up, hold tight

That's interesting. A dealership near me has two RFs. I wonder if their the launch editions.

The front bumper is plastidipped and the rear bumper has some cracked paint. The driver seat is pretty aggressively foamectomied so my tall, fat ass can fit inside. Other than that and a few paint chips here and there she's golden

you have greatly piqued my interest
Is the front bumper plastidipped for protection reasons or does the paint suck?
Can I get a shot of the interior?

The previous owner was trailering the car to his summer house in Myrtle Beach and pulled it too far into one of the posts of the trailer and cracked a lot of the paint off. I didn't care for the first couple of months but it started blowing off, so I pulled the bumper cover and sanded the areas down before dipping it. No shots of the interior but it's black on black with door bars, a foamectomied driver seat, fold out cup holder, and a Mazda3 shift knob. Too dark for pics but can snap some tomorrow

Dipped front bumper here, not the prettiest but it works

Fuck it. Email me. [email protected]

just signed you up for nambla

thank you

>people treat the miata like the god machine

I've never heard anyone brag about its power.

sent ;)

I know nothing about miata,but I have money and want to smile. What the hell is an NA,NB,ND?
Let's say I can make 8000 freedom points disappear? What do I look for?
What if only 5k? 3k?
My goal is fun. Will sell it off and not worried about a slight lose. Only requirement is that it has a clutch.
What to avoid?

>What the hell is an NA,NB,ND?
something that's not as good as an NC

NA = 1st generation
NB = 2nd generation
do the math on the rest
>what do I look for?
An NB. 1999-2006.

>stack 2 on passenger seat
>1 behind
>1 in trunk

How bad of an idea is it to buy an MX5 with 200,000+ kms/ 120,000+ miles on it?

I'm having a hard time finding one locally will anything other than excessive mileage.

thats because we all love ours and would never sell it

I really want a turbo miat and I'm debating between these three. I don't mind them being molested.

chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/6010747452.html
pros: 1.8L, Rotas, hardtop
cons: 120k miles, 5 speed
>I'm leaning towards this one

chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5985933068.html
pros: 5k miles on rebuild, dyno, lots of low mileage mods, hardtop
cons: 5 speed, 1.6L, guy told me there was a clunking sound coming from a rear coilover (being fixed)

madison.craigslist.org/ctd/5977044862.html
pros: 1.7L, lots of documented work, 40k on rebuild, 6 speed, torsen
cons: $10k, dealership, softtop

What about the owners that die of aids?

xtube.com/video-watch/Fucking-a-Miata-17591942

Second generation is 99-06?
Hmm, so even an old version is kind new.
Just to be straight na=1st gently nb=2nd gently and so on... Right?

The first guy just added engine and interior shots and now I'm a little hesitant.

Gently was supposed to be second.
NA 1st generation NB 2nd and so on, is that right.
Running out of cute pics...

Just realized,this dog has an eagle tattoo on his chest, he's not cute, he's in a prison gang! I apologize for posting that pic, so irresponsible of me.
May poor mileage and heavy traffic be laid upon me.

correct

Go for the second one, looks far cleaner and has been rebuilt unlike the first. Engine work looks like it was done properly and interior is much nicer.

>Want miata
>realize all miats except the ND need modification to look good

>want NA miata 1.8
>every example is over 3500 except for one in town for 1200 that has no bumper, mismatched paint on the hood, doors, quarter panel, engine bay, stripped interior and can't be driven because somebody crossthreaded the brake lines on the distribution block

How much should an NA 1.8 cost that is in decent shape?

In my area, 4-5k. I paid 5k for my 1.6 with 90k miles.

>realize the ND needs an gattling-gun transmission changer for launches

Goddamn, you can still find older ones with under 100k miles?

I'm coming from being a saab 99/900 enthusiast, where the engine is a brick shithouse, the transmission is made of glass and your front a-arm mounting points love to rust out and collapse while you're driving.

After driving my friends 243WHP NB turbo miata before he wrecked it, I'm fucking hooked. All around wishbones handle like a dream, and the miata seems to be the only sporty car with them these days.

>When you see a bare canvas, do you see an empty piece of fabric or the possibility of a revolutionary work of art?

youtube.com/watch?v=SwAG_GIRdVg

youtube.com/watch?v=dblejR8Tg24

And many, many more.

The appeal of the Miata isn't what it is, it's the range of possibilities that it can be.

Same can be said of any car or similar hobby. Once again the appeal is possibility from price I'm assuming

i agree with that but he was right about the miata having a ton of potential. you can make one into a drift missle an autocross car and ive even seen one be used for rallycross. then theres always the fact that it makes a very fun affordable daily driver.

I got into miatas after I was a Volvo guy, so I understand a little bit where you're coming from.

Good condition miatas are out there with all kinds of millage. I would happily buy one with 200,000 miles if it was well kept. Getting up to 250ish whp is pretty easy, but you're in the range where you might want to start looking at improving your cooling system and adding a dedicated oil cooler. You won't need to build an engine, but if you were feeling up to it forged rods for about $400 could be worth some real peace of mind.

Spend some time on miataturbo.net and don't stop reading. Pick up a 94+ miata with a torsen rear end, put some wheels on and lower it. Then throw in a megasquirt ECU and start looking at going turbo. You'll love every second of it.

It should cost $2k honestly. My friend and I have bought multiple for that price or less. Usually less. People just hype up the price. My current slut cost me $1k, and $300 to get it running. But it had a decent body and a lsd. You just have to look hard for the deals and jump on them in a snap. My friend and I drove 2 1/2 hours at 10pm at night, put a slave cylinder on some ladies miata at 1am, bled it and test drove it, then paid her and drove it 2 1/2 hours home. Its how you get the deals. That's how you get a 95 M edition with a hardtop for $1800. Just have patience, but throw down effort when needed.

I really want to try and pick one up as a first car this spring to bang around and learn stick, but insurance for a 19y/o where i live in NY is a steady 600 a month :_:

COILS ARE ORDERED AND ARE OTW
>HYPE

It depends on the car.
My Miata has 202xxx km on it (bought with about 193xxx) and it generally runs great. Few points I need to fix here and there, but that's because the previous owner was a shithead.

There are plenty of Miatas here that are well kept, and even if not, they generally can take some abuse in my experience.

The biggest thing you need to worry about is rust I guess.

Quick question, what's the average mpg's on the '98-2005 models?

cleanest Miata for sale in the Northeast.

Someone from Veeky Forums should pick it up.

>1995 Mazda Miata
>LSD
>1.8l
>Rust free
>107k miles
>$5.2k

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/6009394516.html

They're rare because they just came out, they're expensive compared to the soft top and they fill a weird niche.

I've been thinking about getting a ND for awhile now and as much as I love the look of the RF, it weighs over 100 lbs more than the sport trim and costs almost 6k more.

r a r e pepe

It's 2020. During the day, I ride self-driving cars.

During the night, I hunt them.
._._._.

The Night has finally come.

I waited patiently. I am used to it.

No one thought of me as a threat.
After all, I only drove a Miata. It has no EcoBoost.

Taylor Swift got into her self-driving ecoboost car. It was a tight fit because the car was so small and her legs were long.

Her ecoboost car took off efficiently and drove towards her next venue.

I wielded my stickshift Miata efficiently, darting between all the self-driving cars.

Too polite and full of defensive driving algorithms, the Tesla, FCA, & GM self-driving cars made way for me as they tried to avoid collisions. I took advantage of that.

I praised the inventors of the Miata. "Thank you for not filling the world full of EcoBoost"

After all, if the world was full of EcoBoost, I would be at a disadvantage on the road.

But the road is not only for ecoboosted cars. Those with skill are able to coax success from non-boosted cars by driving cleverly.

I often am forced to drive cleverly on the Road.

After all, I only have a Miata.

Pulling alongside Taylor Swift's self-driving car, I noticed the model type was known to be one that refused to run over people-shaped objects or trolleys.

I moved in front and pushed the button to send gas from the canisters to several blow up dolls.

They inflated immediately.

The wind picked them up and dropped then into the road in front of the self-driving car.

True to its algorithm, Taylor Swift's self-driving car preferred to crash the car gently into the road barrier instead of running over people or trolleys in the roadway.

Take that you ecoboost Bitch!

Sure, Taylor Swift was known to go through boyfriends at a prodigious rate.

But why did she have to drop me as her boyfriend? She didn't drop me for personality or looks. The reason stung.

She dropped me as her boyfriend
when
she
found
out
I
drove
a
Miata.

I don't like it, too clean. No character.

>I praised the inventors of the Miata. "Thank you for not filling the world full of EcoBoost"
>EcoBoost is a Mazda-designed engine
Kek.

I'm now a 97 Miata owner, 93k miles on it and I picked it up for $2700

Problem is it has a high idle. It idles at 800rpm until I tap the gas then it sticks to 1500rpm until I unplug and replug the IAC then it drops back down to 800rpm until I tap the pedal again.

Would that be a stuck IAC? Any way to clean it?

What happens if you manually open and close the throttle (from the engine bay, not the gas pedal)?

Same exact thing, the rpms stick to 1500rpm with the slightest movement of the throttle body until I unplug and replug the IAC connector then it goes back to normal

sounds like it's sticking, try shooting some carb cleaner through it

its the perfect car to start working on.

no rust or anything.

I think the issue is usually with the electronics so you're probably better off replacing it than trying to fix it.

I was gonna give that a shot after work, already cleaned the throttle body.

I hope not, from what I know a new IAC is expensive for these cars

let me give you guys a pro tip.

"rust free" doesn't exist when it comes to drivers cars like the miata. this guy thinks that just because it doesn't rust in the typical spot like the wheel wells and rocker panels that its rust free but go look at the undercarriage. go look at the frame rails. go look at the jack point. rust free doesn't exist with any driven NA miata, period.
yeah rust free doesn't mean a fucking thing I have come to find out. go look at the undercarriage of any of these supposed "rust free" cars. It's all gone to shit

Here's a story for you guys. I hope you feel my pain cause it fucking sucks.

>own a 94 silverstone grey NA with 200k km on it
>rust on the rocker panels which I badly tried to fix and have to do again this summer
>painted daisy wheels
>owned it since last september (barely six months)
>getting married this June to my qt gf who i honestly do love
>I am a eurobro, she is Canadian
>moving to Canada after the wedding
>Gotta sell my car because I can't drive it over there
>Looked at shipping costs but I can't justify shipping a €1500 ($1582) car because it's almost as expensive as the car itself, without registration and import fees
>have to sell my miat and use the money for a fucking immigration jew lawyer
>looked at miats in Canada but they're way more expensive
>I just want to drive around with my gf riding shotgun with the top down and the warm summer air in my face while we listen to music from my crappy stereo.
>tfw i at least got to experience the joys of having a miata
>tfw probably never miata again

I know some of you will say women arent worth it, and how marriage is my first mistake. I'm just gonna miss my miat.

touching story bro. real touching. how much are miats in canada?

Currently i don't think there are any for sale so I'm not sure but I'm fairly sure last time I looked it was around 4500 canadollars. Not like I'll have that kind of money for a while anyway, since I need to get a work permit after I move anyway.

you can grab anything you want from the US market np

also their stupid fucked up moose bucks inflate everything +30% over USD

>everyone on craigslist that says their miata or car is rust free, actually has rust.

i agree with you that you should always look under the car no matter what the seller says. BUT that car looks pretty clean.

holy shit what did i just read? is this pasta?

No it really happened to me last week

but last week was still 2017, wtf are you on?

It has some clever ideas and a warning. Probably, VIP and rich people will be able to qualify to subscribe for self-driving features not available to the general public. It will probably be something like "Anti-Kidnapping Mode" which allows the car to run over people as it gets away.

bomp

You can buy another miata but a girl that truly loves you is hard to find

i also heard you can import cars easily in canada, so theirs always better cars

>a girl that truly loves you is hard to find
get a load of this fag

let's go champ

to where

>friend gives me scrap lamix
>fall in love with mx5 all over again
fuck mazda for making every possible part of the NC as rice as possible

LET'S GO CHAMP

instagram.com/p/BOFdVJ5jZu7/

instagram.com/p/BNsf9QjjN6U/

>Florida Pl8
Any tips on finding a good NA in North FL?

Open your eyes and look for one

Or Craigslist

Craigslist isn't working out. What, like just ask random NA owners if they're willing to sell the only fun thing they have?

Bought an SE pedal box to replace my repaired NA6 one. Any differences i should be aware of (Other than the pedals)

Also, O2 sensor removal tips?

Also anything i should know about doing a full brake overhaul?

Also, i'm putting a new softtop on a frame and i've gotten to the b pillars but there's no pocket to stretch or holes to rivet? i'm not really sure what to do about it now.

Accidentally duped this in another thread so i have to wait to post.

Anyone ever tried to put NA tailights in an NB? I've seen it done with the NC (Looks great) but i haven't seen anybody do one for the NB yet.

yea actually, go look around some rv parks

i bought my NC from some old people that literally just towed it everywhere

very cheap and totally mint

craigslist a shit

Soak the sensor in penetrating oil and use a flare wrench if you have one.
Speaking of o2 sensors anyone converted to a heated sensor for god tier cold starting?

Don't have a flare wrench, have been WD-40ing it for a few days so far. (Which is then all burning off when i drive anyway so idk)

I've only seen NAs be driven by other uni folk.

I only see older people driving NB+. I'll look around though.

clean your throttle body.

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=447675978&zip=32601&modelCode1=MIATA&referrer=/cars-for-sale/searchresults.xhtml?zip=32601&modelCode1=MIATA&mmt=%5BMAZDA%5BMIATA%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&startYear=1981&makeCode1=MAZDA&firstRecord=0&endYear=1998&modelCodeList=MIATA&searchRadius=100&makeCodeList=MAZDA&startYear=1981&numRecords=25&makeCode1=MAZDA&firstRecord=0&endYear=1998&searchRadius=100&makeCode1=MAZDA&modelCode1=MIATA

Am I getting myself into some deep shit or is this worth it?

>pls hlep