/indie/ - Indie Games General

Fascists Get Out Reeee Edition

Last thread:
>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l7ZVjOHqIDI
youtube.com/channel/UCbQaM-5TjqTjbkbmHhrI9mA)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=847436149
community.playstarbound.com/threads/no-friendship-decay.108278/
youtube.com/watch?v=EZRYmW_x7Vo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What game are you playing op

None because I've been working

Have Devil Daggers and the Dragon Fantasy games on queue for my next indie forays though

Was gonna give ROM a shot eventually, but, well

youtube.com/watch?v=l7ZVjOHqIDI

"We didn't get the turn out that we thought we'd get so instead of a top 10 we have a top 6"

STORYTIME:
>start making a dreamcast/ouya rpg over 14 years ago
>somehow manage to raise over 300,000 dollars through kickstarter and ouya funding
>game is already passed a year late, almost everyone quit the project
>nobody cares about it anymore, CEO is openly ridiculed (see: youtube.com/channel/UCbQaM-5TjqTjbkbmHhrI9mA)
>can't even get 10 fan submissions

Is this the most pathetic indie game project of all time?

I asked this in the previous thread and someone suggested Blue Lacuna. I do plan to play it, but I'd like some more recommendations as well:

Hey, /indie/. I need more casual-but-not games. What I mean is, games I can play casually but not "casual games" in the sense of Angry Birds.

Things like point-and-click adventure games, Stardew Valley, Choice of Robots. Basically games that (generally) don't require reflexes/acting in real time and that don't involve strategizing. Puzzles, lore, and moments that tug on the heartstrings are all a plus.

If you're looking for point and clicks, Beneath A Steel Sky is pretty much the golden standard.

Also a fan of Gemini Rue, Time Gentleman Please/Ben There Dan That, the Deponia series (to an extent), Machinarium, and the Monkey Island 1 and 2 remakes.

Reminder that thecatamites' Magic Wand is on Steam Greenlight, good

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=847436149

Someone please recommend long-ass comfy Indie games without stressful parts, like Stardew Valley.

Knytt Underground

Hey /indie/, I am a relatively new Stardew Valley player who would like to make one minor tweak to the game's mechanics. I want to remove the thing where you lose friendship with the townspeople for every day that you don't talk to them, because ever since I learned that was happening the game has been significantly less enjoyable.

Obviously there is no mod out there that fixes this since it is such a small and specific tweak, so I am coming here asking how I could get started with making the change myself, maybe through some kind of program that allows for changing of parts of the game through, say, a text document.

Any information would be much appreciated

Utter failures at life, disproportionately common among indie devs!

How adverse are you to Diablolikes?

Cool might play it now

I'm playing Tales of Symphonia again while I binge on podcasts and /mu/ recommendations. This is New Game++, I get lots of experience

I'm not, unless they're stupidly expensive.

Can I get a quick rundown on these guys?

I'd look into some of them like Path of Exile, Grim Dawn, or Marvel Heroes

Dont worry, its a very minimal drain that would require not talking for a year to notice. I think the drain is weekly, not daily.
There are a number of mods that remove it but I dont remember which one works on the latest version.

I have noticed the drain, and it is everyday.

But that's okay, because I found what I was looking for. Here it is if anyone else was interested:

community.playstarbound.com/threads/no-friendship-decay.108278/

They are not in any place where mutants should be, nor in any place where mutants shouldn't be. They were added with the first experimental patch, and their oddity at least has a slot. As far as I can tell the only new map added since that patch is that one tiny room next to Hardcore City Bar, so this is not a Black Crawler situation.

The hints (mostly paraphrased from memory since unfortunately the thread archives are incomplete):
>The secret of the mutant lies with the game's mechanics. Once you understand them everything will become clear.
>(in response to the above) This is technically correct. The best kind of correct.
>as far as the poster is aware no one has found the mutant yet (Day 21)
>some kind of comforting crap about how there is no need to sudoku over this, or worry about this, or some shit like that, also things will become clear (easier?) once there will be a precedent, and anyway all shall be revealed in time but for now no spoilers
>((not a hint) epeli, I beg you, if the time comes put me out of my misery and put it on the wiki. I don't care how simple the solution is, I don't want to suffer the disgrace of having to find it out from a Codex thread. Anything, but that.)
>(in response to the above) Technically there is a chance someone on codex might stumble upon it. After all, they do complain that the game is too easy. But they won't understand the exact conditions that easily. I will spoil nothing! All will be revealed in time.

As you can see my memory is kind of fuzzy on the middle ones, for reasons I will not go into. If anyone remembers anything more specific from those post, now would be a good time to share.

I have experimented with respawns, crits with different weapons, OHKOs with different weapons, respawns after OHKOs with different weapons, and a long list of things connected to gassing drones, without any success. But I have no idea how to interpret the hint about the difficulty.

Like, seriously now, what the fuck kind of mechanics can even be related to spawning some shitty mutants? And not just simply mechanics, but mechanics that require understanding?

Of this list, only combat and stealth mechanics seem like actual candidates. Unless Styg is on weed and it's somehow connected to achievements, or even worse, fishing.

Why does adding a lot of SMAPI mods tank framerate in Stardew Valley? Is it running a million checks every frame instead of however games are normally optimized?
FarmHand when?

>*sprints up to you*
Fuck this guy's energy shield
If I kill him can I loot it?

Sure, as long as you have enough APs left to loot. Adrenalin might help.

Bumping with decent music from a shitty indie game.
youtube.com/watch?v=EZRYmW_x7Vo

user who is interested in adventure games, stay away from this crap if you know what's good for you.

Idunno how "indie" it is anymore, but there's always Scribblenauts.

>5th Cell is doing mobile kusoge now

Good job staying alive so far, keep it up.

>indie games with nommy ear foxes...?

fnaf

I'm loving Dawn of War 2. Apparently this game was maligned when it came out for not being your standard RTS? Boo! It's pretty great