QTDDTOT

Post question that don't deserve their own thread here.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VbESyGe8Xd8&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

How do I get a 2D girl into my 3D car for a drive date?

My cars master cylinder won't stop fucking leaking. I took off the old cylinder and inspected it and thought it was the issue, so I got a new one. However the new one leaks in EXACTLY the same way. It leaks at the bottom of the plate that bolts up to the brake booster. I'm thinking of putting some sort of gasket there to force it to stop. Does anyone have experience doing something like custom gaskets? Could I just tighten the part down on an o-ring and call it good?

This shit is fucking up my paint and I'm tired of it.

Why is this weeb trash in the OP?

Believe in reincarnation to any universe of your choice kys and live your dream

My car has OD, and i cant get it past 3k rpm in any gear. Trying to figure out if this is an issue, or just the way its meant to be. Thinking its an issue as usually once it hits around 2800 or so i can sometimes smell something burning. If i get to 3k i almost always smell it, and earlier i floored it at 3k for a second just to see and obviously the smell got worse and my rpms stayed the same. It sounded like the car went up a gear when i did it

are you lost?
>>>/Reddit/

Just plug the leak. Make sure it's air tight

Plug it with what, exactly? Silicone?

>engine starts, but wont continue to run.
>sputters and chuggs a bit before dying.
>no problem with the plugs, wires, coil, points, timing
>new fuel filter, new fuel pump, carb bowl is full, accelerator pump is working
Anything else I can check?
It just stopped working all of a sudden and I cant figure out why.

So I just got my first car, a Camry, and I'm trying to not be a boyracer but I kinda wanna be a boyracer. At the same time, because my folks are financially involved in it, I can't get a new car for quite some time...it might even be easier to just buy a second one. Should I spend money on upping my Camry's horsepower, or just buy a car on the side? The Camry is autotragic, and yes, I want a manual

Dude, save your money.

And do nothing, or save and buy the second car?

Is there a list of factories in America that produce cars and trucks? And has the numbers of vehicles produced each year? Is there a government or business promoting agency that keeps track of this like they do in other countries?

youtube.com/watch?v=VbESyGe8Xd8&feature=youtu.be

not my volvo, but i have a C30 with the same problem. anyone know what this could be? starter motor? ignition switch? battery?

Why do I see Kia Souls everywhere?

is KBB accurate in its private owner sales values? Because if it is it seems like everyone overprices their used vehicles. (trying to buy my first car)

What do rednecks in the deep inbred south, think about all those foreign car factories set up there. Krauts, Gooks, and nips must not get a warm welcome down there.

What's the best (or a good) water repellant windshield coating that actually lasts?
My Rain-X applications only last like 2-3 months depending on how much rain there is.
By comparison, I've seen new car windshields have repellency for over a year. What the fuck do they put on there?
Sadly, my new car didn't come coated like my previous ones have. I always thought it was a factory coating but I guess it's actually the dealership that does it.

I'm loking for a pre-2000 Toyota and am also interested in doing my own work as much as possible. Do all toyota cars, even US/CA models, require metric tools?

What are the best sendans for uner $8k which have great mpg, are very cheap to maintain and have room for others. Bluetooth if possible.

I'd like to keep said car for at least 5 (or hopefully 10) years.

When using my bluetooth radio adapter in one of my cars it doesnt get good signal (if it gets signal at all) but it works perfect in my other car. Why would this be?

Also, when I mess with the fade and balance knobs on the headunit it crackles A LOT and I basically go deaf, would getting an aftermarket head unit fix this?

your radio is shit, i guess. If potentiometers cause cracking when moved, it's all more probable for your radio to be shit. Cracking potentiometers are clear sign that audio hardware is super old, last time i encountered this problem in hi-fi amp from eighties.

is it worth getting an aftermarket steering wheel such as pic related for my gsi integra? I fucking hate my oem one. its too thin, too wide and i hate the 4 spoke design.

bike fag here, so sorry if this seems like a dumb question

i just got a truck and i have the battery on a charger and i have it set at 2amps trickle charge
is that fine for a big truck battery?

I was reconnecting the terminal on my battery. The wrench accidentally touched the positive terminal and the metal strap that holds the battery on and bunch of sparks shot out. How did this happen? As far as I can tell the strap isn't touching the negative terminal at all

If you're okay with keeping and reinstalling the stock wheel every time you need to pass inspection. Also, if you don't care about dying in the event of a high speed collision.

My corolla was built in the US and everything is metric

It's bolted to the chassis and the chassis is earthed. Always disconnect the earth terminal first so if you do happen to touch the positive terminal to the chassis, there's no circuit.

Yes but it'll take quite a while to charge.

I know absolutely _nothing_ about cars, anyone have some good resources for the most basic of basics?

Ok thanks I'm retarded

Chrisfix on YouTube. Can't recommend him enough for beginners. Also your make/model likely has a forum or two online

Why do rally cars have one shift paddle on the right instead of two, one on each side?

what is something you anons wish you had known earlier about cars?

Kinda specific but how to handle an overheating car. Turn that fucker off and leave it off until it's fixed.

Browsing through his videos it seems to be more practical guides. I was leaning more towards things like what an ABS does, how an engine works, what is oil for, etc. Really retard tier basics so I have a general understanding of what makes a car work before I go fucking around with anything.

bump pls

Start from wikipedia, expand to wikipedia's sources once you got the basics

That's what I was afraid of. Wikipedia for something youre completely ignorant of is like trying to read an ikea manual in sanskrit. But I guess if there's no other way I'll just have to get along. Thanks user.

Rain x makes wipers that are coated with rain x. They've lasted me a while

The way I learned that stuff was by lurking car forums a lot. You pick up on stuff like that

Aftermarket parts are trash 98% of the time.

I've used them before, it extends the coating's life a little. These are factory new wipers though so I'd rather not flip them yet.
What I'm really after is a coating that will last longer rather than a way to slightly extend the life of a Rain-X application

it is if you're accurate in describing the vehicle
>protip: no ever does

buy a Civic, STFU
>alternative: buy 8 Corollas, STFU

they're Scion xbs for boomers and casuals who didn't get on the Sciron boat and can't handle the 80's aesthetics of the Nissan cube
>basically the new pt cruiser, except less crap
>avoid at all costs

>can't handle the 80's aesthetics of the Nissan cube

80s box cars had corners, the Cube just has weird rounded parts. It's like they wanted to be 80s but had to Iphone it at the last second.

VIN lookup please?
1FTZR15X8XTA25102

i didn't say it was an 80's car, i said 80's aesthetics
>asymmetric, rounded windows
>rounded corners
all it needs is a pink zig-zag and a palm tree silhouette

yeah that's ok

i could put it on 15amp fast charge but i'm not in a hurry and the garage, charger and battery are a few kms away from where i live so i don't want anything bad to happen while i'm not there

Okay how dumb is?:
Smart Fortwo 2006
Diesel
162km
$500
For sale from a poo 2 the loo dealership

Thing drives like a Geo Metro but the 162km feels very fishy for a 2006

He shoots in P and Not M what a complete Faggot

Is it bad if I expose spark plugs? I removed the tubes for a few seconds each while they were working to understand which spark plug had 0 compression. I found out, but I was wondering if removing the tube from spark plug and exposing it do air does damage?

Considering engines are expendable part and they usually last 60-80k kilometer. Expect you have a lot to do after you buy it and possibly a new engine is needed (1k€)

I heard some sputtering on idle when warming up. It's the first diesel I've driven and I'm not sure if that's okay for a diesel. Sounded very sketchy.
Definitely not getting, thanks

4R70w trans.

Shifts 1-2 fine. Will not shift into 3rd but will shift into OD (4th).

Why would it not shift 3rd?

Is doing a snorkel delete and drop-in air filter a silly idea for a Focus SE? I want to do it to make the car feel more alive/fun, and possibly get some more mpg out of it.
Got it as my first car a year or so ago, don't have the funds for another vehicle.

no inspections in aus unless going for roadworthy. ofc i would be putting the oem back on if i were to sell that car. being in a crash is not part of any plan of mine haha.

What's the retail on one of those?

No, they are fine, there is nothing that can't be exposed to air on spark plugs.

>have old car
>blows heat at low speed but gets lukewarm at high speed
>if you turn it to low or off it will build heat back up but when you turn it to high it slowly cools down
>coolant is full, no bubbles, car stays at 180 always, coolant valve that lets hot coolant into the heater core is zip tied open
Does this sound like a plugged heater core? Because that's what I'm thinking the issues is.

What under 5k car has the best mpgs?

5 seater sedan

In my experience, the reservoir was leaking from where it joined to the cylinder. Go to your local autozone/advance/pep boys and buy some "gasket paper" it's a porous paper that you can cut with scissors and you can make a custom gasket to fix the leak. To find out what's leaking, clean the master cylinder thoroughly and place a rag under it and go for a drive. More likely than not, it's leaking from one of the fittings on top but you can't see the trail because brake fluid is clear and thin. After the drive inspect with a light and find where the cylinder is wet. That should help
Downsides to o rings is the fluid will usually eat them unless you find a special kind.

Save and think about what you want to do later.
In the mean time find a cheap go kart on Craigslist and it should satisfy the need to go fast on a budget.
It will also teach you the basics about tinkering and engines and what it takes to become a boy racer

It can often be useful to start by learning about small engines (weed whackers, motorcycles, chainsaws) as they're much simpler and are the same fundamentally. Look on YouTube of teardowns or people'personal projects and you should be able to pick a lot up

Can changing your clutch decrease shift time? Or does it not make a difference since you still need to wait for the RPMs to drop?
Also, can better tires increase the torque/power on the wheels on an otherwise stock car?

It won't really change shift times, that mostly depends on how fast you are with your foot and hand, because the clutch will take car of the difference in RPM as fast as you release it.

About tires, they won't make your car more powerful if that's what you are asking, but they will raise the grip limit compared to worse tires so you can take turns faster and accelerate more aggressively before they start to slip.