Get 2008 Dodge Avenger as hand me down from awesome step dad

>get 2008 Dodge Avenger as hand me down from awesome step dad
>he put on new paint job, tinted windows, spoiler for keks plus new tires
>want to see what i can do in regards to performance
>don't want to get a new car considering all the effort anonstepdad put into the car just for me
>get heavy into cars
>see Dodge Neon SRT4
>see car forums talking about engine swap with Neon SRT4 engine, which would allow me to slam a big turbo on the bitch and put down 500 horses
>4 cyl to slightly better 4 cyl with turbo
>obviously not that simple, but if i were to do it, what would Veeky Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM
youtube.com/watch?v=I2Qf5Bi1U3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not worth it at all.

but imagine the face on a mustang fag when i destroy him in a family sedan

Not going to happen

First and foremost

youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM

Seriously, your headlights look like pidgeon shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=I2Qf5Bi1U3I

yeah this was back when I first got it so they're taken care of now

Just get a srt-4. It's lighter and no swap needed.

I feel you so much man. I got this just before really getting into cars. I'll never make power with it. I'm getting help learning to wrench on it at least, have a really based cousin.

I'm just going to have to drive it until I can upgrade, but I might do an exhaust at some point, the 5cyl are supposed to sound good, and at least it's manual

Sorry to break it to you user but the Dodge Avenger is just about the worst of the worst if you want to get into cars and heavily modifying them
The Srt4 Neons are pretty nutty with their T4s but swapping and engine from one into an Avenger would be pretty lame and not worth the time or money to do so. The suspension is not sporty at all, and the platforms they were built upon were heavy, unlike the Neons which were pretty fun to toss around even in their non turbo versions.
Plus, it's mid 00s Chrysler car, which is means it's about as rock bottom as it gets in terms of reliability, build quality, and desirability.
Still, a free car is a free car. Enjoy it as much as you can, learn to wrench on it, and save up for something more worth while.

You know why he gave you this car? Because it's a piece of shit and he couldn't stomach it anymore and he knew you were too poor to get something actually good yourself.

In all honesty, that's possibly the worst idea I've ever heard.

>it's an underage op got triggered by a college dropout in a v6 stang and now he's fantasizing about engine swaps so he can extract his revenge episode
>mfw

this is a joke, right?

nah just want to build a sleeper lmao

Has there ever been a worse car than the Dodge Avenger? I'm drawing a blank here.

Nissan versa

Blow the engine with nitrous and swap in something better

I'd say just get an SRT 4 but you know man, fuck all these dudes, follow your dreams

Can you use anything from an exo 10 on this?

I can already do that.

Absolutely retarded idea that you would never actually finish. The only reason you would do something this stupid would be if you were loaded and we're bored with regular sports cars.

>we're
Confirmed retard. Do the exact opposite of what he says op

Use it as your daily and save up for another cheap cash car to mod or get yourself in a position to finance something nice. Not the best option but I mean what can ya do

Listen to this man. Buy a fun project car and fall back on the Avenger whenever the other car needs fixing

I see what you're saying, though the problem is, according to anonparents, I'm going to have to pay insurance on a car that I won't even be driving, which will sap the cash from my wallet.

However, IF I were to do that, I was thinking of getting a Neon to fuck around with, or going and getting a Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4 to tinker with. It's already going to be putting down around 300 horses and most can be bought for around like 5-10K, so IDK. I'm just really afraid of standing out too much and having the cops constantly watching everything I do just because I have a fast-looking car. That, and I don't want to totally rice it with shitty exhausts and cheap body kits, so I'm being as careful as possible.

if this is your first project car, get a sub 2k$ shitbox. you ARE going to fuck something up, and using your daily to learn how to wrench is a bad idea. your "nice" project car is still 2-3 projects away.

Alright filthy Frank

nah, Papa Frank has a Dodge Stealth TT.

I like the way the avenger looks. An SRT4 motor and a manual transmission would make it a fun car.

However;

It's going to be complicated. You may as well buy a neon because you're going to need the parts from it to do the swap. Pretty much need to swap all the electronics, transmission and engine, likely needs custom mounts, maybe custom driveshafts.

Would be neat but it's a pointless, expensive project that yields you nothing. If you could get a garbage avenger and a junked SRT4, I'd say go for it because you wouldn't have that much money into it.

In terms of swapping a good condition avenger? Nope. Drive it till you get a good job and can afford another DD, then fuck with it if you want.