What went wrong

just to ugly and big for a rotary

They made an ugly, impractical, unreliable and slow car.

In truth they couldn't have fucked up harder if they'd tried.

Renesis suffered from too little oil injection, too restrictive cats, and a myriad of other little niggles. Rest of the car was fantastic for what it was. People want to think next number = continuation and are disappointed it's not an FE RX7, but the RX8 was doing its own thing as a 2+2 hardtop NC Miata with a rotary.

ignorant owners
is a great car

nice busrider.

It was good, but not good enough. Not like the RX7 was.

This
I agree it's ugly, but it was pretty practical for a sportscar and not slow, it was just not fast. The chassis in particular was excellent and rigid as fuck, twice the torsional rigidity of the FD. That being said, the FD was the better car in every other way.
They thought they could get away with a restrictive exhaust just because it had 0 port overlap. They were wrong.

It's ugly, it's slow, it's unreliable, it's the worst rotary ever made.

>worst rotary ever made
Are you sure about that? Have you seen Russia or France's rotary powered cars? Look them up

it's the worst rotary mazda ever made.*

I won't argue there. It was NA but had more problems than the FD. They were fixed but there were just too many.

>restrictive cats
>shitty OMP
>faulty coil packs
>somehow more fragile internals

>had more problems than the FD
Not in your wildest dreams son

No FD has a chance of going 200k miles
The renesis does it no sweat

>4 doors
>No turbo option
There ya go

I might be wrong but didn't Mazda just build the RX8 on a modified NC MX5 chassis?

>suicide rear half doors and no b pillar
>bad
Kill you are self

The problem is in the cabin, not the engine bay.

Yes. Its aesthetics are questionable, but it's incredibly stiff (well into supercar territory), and widely considered to have exceptional handling characteristics.

>Designed by dog eating slant eyed fucks
>What went wrong

>The renesis does it no sweat
The 2009+ revision to be specific.
It was quite reliable, problem is that everything around it wasn't.

>what went wrong

New emissions standards that prevented Mazda from reusing the 13b-rew as they intended to do in the first place.

wtf where's the driver

They sold a rotary to people who don't know how to maintain a car

>rotary motor
found the problem

ahahahaha are those times legit?

NO TURBO
O
T
U
R
B
O

Blank OPs should be bannable.

Not a coupe

Rotary engine which blows up every year and mad expenses to rebuild it, also it drinks a mix of fuel and oil.

Get a real car.

Blows up every year and mad expensive to rebuild

Lmao fuck off clueless underage buss rider

>Rotary rebuild
>Expensive

Get a load of this cuckboi

>2017
>Not driving your RX8 on LPG

Wrong image

apparently they killed any rumours of an rx9. I want a coupe Miata at least, is there any hope

Miata RF m8

Styling department is talentless, renesis is shit

this

Emissions.

Community suggested cosmetics.

Less.Fucking.oil.pressure

Damn, I was actually very tempted to purchase one of these. I like the rotary concept and I love the style. Call me tasteless, but what's the main reason I shouldn't get one?

If you only have one car and your daily commute is 5 minutes long and you live in a very cold climate.. not the best idea
Otherwise go for it

well I drive at least an hour every day, so I should be good, and I live in GA where we have very warm and humid year round climate.

The owners didn't watch the handy informative DVD at the start of their ownership experience which explained all the shit you need to do if you don't want to replace apex seals.

JUST

it wasn't just producing more rx-7s