/fhg/ - For Honor General #7

Open Beta - 9th-12th of February.

>fhg Discord (Request codes here)
discord.gg/5aPmPgD

>Competitive For Honor Discord
discord.gg/MVMAXFc

>Wiki
forhonor.gamepedia.com/For_Honor_Wiki

>pastebin.com/EAQwjvki (embed) (embed) (embed) (discord a shit join the other one)

Rules:
1. Be nice
2. Discuss For Honor
3. Don't be a weeb

Previous thread:

Thanks mom

me in the middle

>don't be a weeb
>thread pic is nobushi
ztop

ol' 'cide

you can join the knights and play weebs
it's koo

Just no reddit

I can't wait to play Lawbringer again, because even in his weak state he locked down assassin characters pretty well.

>They do a lunge at you
>Block it and push them back with an instant shove
>Parry it and fuck 'em

why wasn't he playable in the closed beta?

>Parry it and fuck 'em

You can't do this though, none of the Lawbringers moves after a parry were guaranteed hits.

Hopefully they've changed that.

They aren't going to fix "Whoever attacks first loses", do they?

he, Valkyrie, and fat guy are or were still being rebalanced cause they were all UP

Because he sucked ass in the alpha 2.

The next open beta looks like it's going to have all the characters, so we get to see how he was changed.

>Valkyrie
>Underpowered

More like so overpowered it made PK and Nobushi look well designed.

boss battle tier armor design, ubisoft is appealing to my fetish for power.

Hopefully they don't nerf her into being useless because of that. The devs don't seem too bad at balancing though so hopefully it'll be fine.

source on that? i love dwarfs

I'd be happy if her attack speed was lowered. That was the main issue I had, she had all these tools to blind, knockdown, stagger etc. yet had the attack speed of Peacekeeper.

t. shitter that couldn't dodge the leg sweep

Valkyrie was a bit overtuned but still more balanced than Nobushi

You'll love it, his higher level pollaxe designs look like they're out of Warhammer or some shit. Bronze skulls and iron crosses lined around the head, for example.

Basically all her damage comes from either chaining light attacks, which can be stopped by simply blocking one of them, or doing a heavy after a leg sweep, a move that is extremely easy to dodge.

Not if you're blinded and they mix up.

Not that user but you got my attention a bit.

Are there purity seals?

Can I download the game while waiting for the Open Beta?

I got an update on PS4 to the closed beta today. So if you already have that it's probably the same client. If not, probably not.

Are they going to reset everything after the open beta too?

Yes.

reckon I'll play for honor during the open beta

Cool, thanks.

I'm on PC and I haven't participated in any of the other betas so far.

Then I guess you're just gonna have to wait, user. Sorry.

reckon I will too

>Reminder that if you're a weeb, you're the scum of the earth

can't see the webm, but Im sure it is you killing an orochi or nobushi

Weird, worked last time

>bored
>For Honor isn't out
>load up DS3
>cheat engine
>max out all stats
>set soul level to 70
>invade people and bully them like an asshole
>kill myself IRL
>resurrect myself on February 13 at 11:59pm
>have fun being the LAW

I'm sure you thought this was funny while typing it out.

Indeed, a terrible post was made

POST WEEB DESTROYING WEBMS.

Slavs when?

>caged
>not down a giant pit of refuse

I have these strange dreams. Battles that I have never seen. The seer tells me that they are from a past life, but I am not sure. With shield in hand, I face odd opponents. Some clad in iron and golden ornaments, dedicating their deeds of war to a single god without name. The others dress themselves in studded leather and carved masks, wielding skinny blades. For whom they fight I do not know.

We fight, unbound by time. For what I cannot say. As I look back on my dreams, I can see the all-father smiling upon me and my brethren - he blesses us with such a world where we can live for what we were born to do. War.

Thor has abandoned his skyanvil, and now puts Odins blessing to work. The rumbling of his hammer, so close that I feel each strike vibrating through my bones... The earth is splitting apart beneath our feet. The gods are remaking the world in our image. Is this still Midgard?

As the world serpent releases his hold and the earth sunders at Thor's strikes, I feel no fear. Only joy. For I know, as my dreams unfold in front of me now, that my life is fated. I shall not fall until the gods will it. And before I join my brethren in Valhalla, I will kill all the fucking weebs.

I got you covered.

Can you change factions whenever you want?

You will never have you slavs in this game, user. Go squat in your track-pants somewhere else

You can, but I read somewhere that you won't qualify for faction war rewards if you do this.

Thanks senpai.

For the whole season

I am feeling generous today.

*Unless you're an honorable Kensei

Does anyone know what the fuck Raider is yelling when doing zone attack?

dueling with raiders will be annoying

Raider is actually stupidly simple to beat, they have limited tools to be aggressive and their (((unblockables))) are slow as shit

:^)

>Katana can't cut through
FIX THIS UBISOFT

Is beta ded?

I don't get the nobushi hate. None of the ones I saw streamers play against because I didn't get a fucking invite seemed that they would be better off over PK

Until the 9th to 12th.

Read the OP.

>The female heroes have the worst emotes

Can't do anything that makes you laugh or lust after a woman.

What do you want them to do? Strike a pinup model pose in full armor? Prostrate themselves on the ground? Blow a kiss?

The buddies I played with all unanimously hated the Nobushi the most, coming from a peacekeeper main, raider main, and warden main.
Granted as a Conqueror main I just thought they were stupid for getting wrecked consistently by nobushi's.
Basically:
>Nobushi are fast with great poke
>The poke does bleed damage
>They have superior reach
>They dodge out when you get close
>And they go back to poking and jumping away when you get close
So yeah, kinda OP except-
>Squishy as fuck
>Pretty much only attack in a straight line
>Dodge left/right, live, run at them and pummel their ass
Or you know, just fucking charge them after blocking, fucking casuals...

People say Nobushi is hard to fight because they are shit themselves. That's all. People need to git gud. Literally all you need to do to beat Nobushi is to block and stay close.

hopefully they nerf the peacekeeper by next beta. i really don't wanna keep dueling them every 9 out of 10 games

[–]Error_X 15 points 7 hours ago

wow I cant describe how true this is.

But then the open beta was leaked and the picture just went vice versa.

(cry, realize that there is an open beta, be happy, dream about For Honor)

permalinkembedsavereportgive goldreply

>Implying sticking their weapon into the ground and doing a mock pole dance wouldn't be funny as shit

What exactly do you think is OP about the Peacekeeper.
I'll be able to tell if you're good or not by your answer.

>Tfw main the peacekeeper and shitters cry for her to be nerfed
Seriously, the classes are fairly well balanced, try not being shit.

I kinda wanna make some webms of some Xbone clips I took from the beta, but I'm pretty sure I'm shit...

their white female privelage

I've been posting youtube videos of my xbone gameplay. I'll show you mine if you show me yours

What's broken about PK?
Is it the damage on their grab stab?

>peacekeeper main
stopped reading there

>PS4 is full of Weebs
>PC is mixed
>XBOX is Deus Vult 24/7

Fuck it, looking for a converter/editor now. What's the max file size again?

>What is reading comprehension ?

Not sure, I've yet to actually convert my clips into webms. Been lazy and just put them on youtube

The only criticism I have of her is that her dodge is too strong considering she can used it when exhausted.
That and perhaps being able to dodge cancel her heavy attacks but not even 1% of Peacekeepers were doing that because she didn't need to against mediocre players.

You want pk to be nerfed because you don't want people using her. Some people just like the playstyle, not that she's a broken character

insanely fast high damage attacks that are almost impossible to parry because of p2p. guard break that takes off near half your health

she's just unpredictable and a very unforgiving character if you fuck up just once she can take you down to 30% health in 5 seconds. and worst of all she's way too easy to play so every shitter is using her right now.

Do you guys think there's a chance they'll actually balance the game around the people who complain and ask for the characters they hate to be nerfed?

I sure hope not.

I have no problem with that if people like her playstyle they can keep playing her after the nerf and the game is no longer easy mode while playing her.

Sadly that is the course of almost every single game, majority vote even if majority is shitters always wins. Just pick a character thats mediocre and stick with it and pray.

t. peacekeeper main
usually if everyone is complaining about a single character there is a problem, which there is, peacekeeper is far too easy to play for such fast and easy damage

Characters exist like that in every game. But at higher levels of play they fall off pretty hard, i shit on pk players cause they have only two ways of approach and depend on being aggro, and cant deal well with people going aggro on them.

That's a part of it, although not for the grab-spam reasons people think.
The fact is that she has the hardest punish off of grab in the game, ignoring environmental kills etc, and Parry, which is the strongest tool in the game guarantees her a grab, therefor she has the strongest punish off of parry in the game.
Combined with a great dodge/deflect for a safer option when you aren't confident to parry an attack, and the ability to interupt her heavies with an attack as effectively a damaging slightly riskier feint, she seems like she has the best tools to abuse the game's systems.
In the last thread people were posting that kensai vs warden match with endless feinting. Every time the kensai landed a parry or grab he had to choose between safe low damage or a high damage mixup with his helmsplitter but risk getting nothing.
PK just gets huge damage for free. Its like a warden top light, but actually a little more damage I think, and you can't just not attack her high to avoid it.

Of course, this is all mostly theory. It seemed to be developing that was from my matches, but I didn't get nearly enough time to get that far, and I spent most of my time playing Berserker instead of PK, who arguably has the weakest punish off of a grab in the game so my perspective is a bit flawed.

Her only fast attack is overhead light, and it is good don't get me wrong.
That is what actually makes her a strong character, her up close light game.

Her guard break however is not OP, you need to learn how to tech.
Bleed however should not kill.

>>PC is mixed
PC is Vallhalla

Can you counter guard break while stunned after a parry?

There is a difference between everyone, and shitskin majority.
On the other hand balancing a game around metafags is even worse since they stick to one thing and think that anything that works contradictory to that thing needs nerfing, leading to stagnation.

Characters that get better punishes off of parry:
Warden
Warlord
Nobushi
Berserker*

*If opponenet is out of stamina or near a wall.

Except she's not easy mode, if you weren't bad at the game you wouldn't have such a hard time

No.

Exceptions being Kensei, Nobushi and some Conqueror attacks as they have larger pushback when parried which makes guard break whiff.

what should a warden do after parry?

no orochi have you tried his heavy punish off his parry its fucking disgusting half a health bar easily. Not hard at all to parry on him either.

side lights or grab.

Top Light > Auto-Light

>warden
How? PK triple stab does ~30% more damage than a warden top heavy.

>Warlord
Also how? I never played him but I don't think he had any ridiulous damage attacks.

>Nobushi
You get a free medium damage heavy, or a free light and probably but not guaranteed a followup light with poison that together deal around the same damage.

>Berserker
His top heavy does pretty crazy damage, but his throw is pretty short range, and its still roughly equal if not slightly less than the full 3 stabs and poison PK gets, and if you don't have a wall to throw them into you don't even get a side heavy.

side light*2 xx shoulder for mixup
side heavy for damage + execution
throw for ledge kill

FemConq is my waifu