Dragon's Dogma General /ddg/

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved
Hard Mode doesn't change enemy AI, it adds higher Stagger/ Knockdown resistances and increases Stamina consumption and Health damage recieved. More info about it in the wiki. Recommended for NG+

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

====================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw
gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/74291952

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj (embed)
pastebin.com/XqfsTx3G (embed)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8 (embed)
>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA (embed)
>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/mx95PT0w (embed)
reddit.com/r/dragonsdogmaonline/

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg (embed)
pastebin.com/338KVa5X (embed)
>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb (embed)

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND (embed)
>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous Thread:

This is a shame. The problem with open world games is that they become so predictable and unsurprising after playing them many times. Fallout 4 was a blast with the randomized enemy spawns. I can only hope that kind of mod will come out for DD one day.

Legendary Dark Arisen does that stuff, actually

Looks like pawn Kiryu's cousin. A really dumb cousin since he's using a dlc set at lvl50.

not really, it just triples the world spawns and causes crashes.

Also, triple Death spawns

Meant for

>Key factor: dont mod
>Dont feel guilty of over leveling (a lot of people will suggest the exp table mod)
>I have to stress, first playthrough, no mods.

I'll never understand this kind of advice (escpecially when put in such a strong manner), there is no good reason to play the game while feeling overlevelled, or to not use the exp table mod when feeling that the game got too easy.
It's also a mod that starts to really affect your character in the medium-long term, starting to use it in NG+ doesn't affect the game as using it in since the first playthrough from the point you start feeling overlevelled. Using it from the first playthrough obviously can make the NG+ more enjoynable as well.

Naturally, if he won't feel overlevelled / that the game is too easy he can obviously skip it, but in the other cases people should't feel guilty for fixing it whenever they want.

>I have to stress, first playthrough, no mods.

I'd say "first playthrough no game breaking mod shit", for the rest it shouldn't be put as a sort of (dragon's) dogma. The second mods available pastebin lacks an explicit line about avoiding the gamebreaking features of hookmod, I guess, but there is nothing wrong with using those mods for the purposes listed in it.

>triple Death spawns

Oh shit.

>HEY SENPAI!

Adorable beyond words, it's a pleasure to see her when I enter the rift. Her previous green/red fashion was cuter, but this looks more badass, so more suitable for postgame I guess. Would hire her more often If I weren't so allergic to magic and 3 pawns party.

That looks cool as fuck.

Also, her new fashion would suit my communist party even better.

She wants the BD?

How often the game crashes? The giant enemies crashes the game too?

>The problem with open world games is that they become so predictable and unsurprising after playing them many times.
The point of it is to farm items, this is common in hunting games.
You replay levels, in this case areas, to get certain items to create weapons and armour.

see what this user wrote.
Yeah, but this isn't a hunting game and those those aren't levels, it's an open world game, he's right when he says that the point is the feel of adventure.

a cute

He's stressing it because the game doesn't actually need mods on the first playthrough. The main attraction of this game is the combat style (not difficulty), exploration, and pawn system. Unless you grind out levels or do every single notice board quest and secondary quest (and even then, I'm not sure), you most likely won't be overleveled.

exploring nets you a lot of extra xp

is correct.On my first playthrough I explored a lot.I had whole map explored before doing Griffin Bane.I killed him with Mystic Knight using High Ingle.

I was very confused when read about people fighting him in Bluemoon Tower

>He's stressing it because the game doesn't actually need mods on the first playthrough
It's objectively easy to get overlevelled and finding the base game too easy in general. Some people won't get overlevelled and maybe they won't find the game too easy for some reasons, but many people did and will do. New players should know that possibility exists and that it can be fixed if they feel the need.
If there is something not needed here is that silly "no mod" dogma.

>The main attraction of this game is the combat style (not difficulty),
And a good way to enjoy the combat and its nuances is not making the game too easy. That should be obvious.

>do every single notice board quest and secondary quest you most likely won't be overleveled.
Not true at all.

>(and even then, I'm not sure),
Thanks for the laugh. Look, you can enjoy the game as easy as you want, but saying that it's a Key Factor that needs to be stressed is just plain nonsense.
If new players will find themselves overlevelled or bored by the easiness of the game they should use the mod without any worry. If the won't, they should just ignore it.
It's that simple.

>On my first playthrough I explored a lot. I had whole map explored before doing Griffin Bane.

That's actually a pretty common point to have the whole map explored, it's just that the game tosses you so many exp that shit can happen. It's not an amount of exp that suits an open world game for sure.

Alright folks, sice Neroanon didn't show up, let's talk bout how to prune the pawn list.
I'm thinking about
5 threads with no reply to the list (doesn't need to be a level update, just a reply to say that the pawn is still active) the pawn name is in square brackets [pawn X]
10 threads with no reply to the list the pawn name gets deleted.

I don't know if I'm blind, but I'm not seeing any "attributes" tab where I can force anything under "main". Gonna try updating the mod in case my version is old or something.

Thanks a bunch! She tries her hardest

I was kinda considering going back to the red/green actually.. I was fond of the green leaf swirl ancient robe had

Plus its festive!

i noticed that all lvl200 pawns in the rift are offline pawns, does that mean my lvl200 pawn will never get hired?

part of the problem is there are so many players at level 200

but to answer
>my lvl200 pawn will never get hired?

Likely not due to RC cost alone

never ever
respec to a lower level

Searching 199 also shows the real 200s. It's a longtime bug from the console days that capcom never cared about fixing. Your pawn is still never getting hired though because people at 200 don't need pawns as helpers any more, they just hire friends or help out people they know need rift crystals.

>Likely not due to RC cost alone
No one hires anything that has a cost. Free only from even level or lower.

>go to bed early

>wake up and check pawn

>no one hired it

t-thanks frustrates me how dead this game is becoming

this game would have been better with mods

>like snakebite a lot
>check poison damage
>20HP every 6 seconds
TWENTY
POINTS OF DAMAGE
EVERY SIX
(6)
SECONDS

JUST

>Putting pawns on roof top
What the fuck capcom

>not sitting on the arch of a rooftop

It can't be helped. At least until a sale or, god forbid, a sequel happens. You can only replay the same game so many times and the unfinished nature of it doesn't do it any favors.

Agreed. But its a japanese game so there's only so much modders can do unlike Bethesda trash that's built from the ground up to be moddable. Its still a shame that there hasn't been any more efforts though, with the only real gameplay altering mod being Legendary Dark Arisen.

>Cant think of a third ability for bow
>Take the one that inflicts torpor
>"High chance" yeah why not
>Takes like 10+ shots for it to actually work

>firthy gaijin didn't take the augment that increase damage of percentaging whire infricting five non-archmagick debiritation!!

just get rusted meme bow

>finally installed nude mod
This is like a whole new game now.

>tfw asses are still flat

>no reply.

N-nobody cares?

>kill a bunch of mobs
>pawn stands near a ded one
>pawn puts right hand over chest
>bows head in a prayer like state
Since when do they do this?

around 10 shots isn't that much for a freaking strong debiliation like torpor. Also, different points have different resistance.

Depends on their personality too, my arrogant pawn tends to do the bro flex after a fight, whereas my timid hireling likes do a little prayer.

Perhaps a little later in the evening or at the weekend, famalam.

Pawns have different idle animations and victory poses depending on their inclinations. You rarely see the victory poses though since any movement at all from the arisen (and various other minor factors) will cause the pawn to move, cancelling the animation. The idle poses are also rarely noticed since they only do the unique ones when their health is in the red.

>Perhaps a little later in the evening or at the weekend, famalam.

I mean nobody has said yet if they like that idea about how to purge the list or not. not even you

It's a wise idea, at least that way people will be there to collect the rewards and feedback.

Would you like co-op in Dragons Dogma ?

might be cool

Of course, both arisen-arisen or an arisen/main pawn - arisen/main pawn full party.

DDO man, another user recently started it.

Yes, my friend and his pawn will finally create my long desire of an orc war party.

You cucks kept asking for this and then they gave us Dragon's Dogma Online.

Thanks a lot.

user who recently started it here.
I'm level 26 by now. So far I could solo everything just fine, though I needed to hire some pawns for certain bosses.

I learned that you need to use weapons whose minimum level requirement is at or above the level of the enemies you're fighting, or else you do barely any damage. This means constantly crafting new items and farming materials.

Anyone who's got experience with the game know which crafting skills are best on your pawn in the long run?

Also I messed up and spent some of my Riftstone Shards instead of collecting 10 of them and unlocking a second Main Pawn, so now I'm one short and need to hope that the RNG gives me one as a weekly area reward.

>So far I could solo everything just fine,

It's a mmo, go find someone to play with.

B-but everyone speaks Japanese and I don't think anyone in the English Discord is in my level range though I never thought to ask, please understand

>telling people on Veeky Forums to have social interactions with other people.

One of the appeal of dragons dogma is the simulation of having a party, which then breaks when the AI tards out.

Why do people hate loli pawns so much?

> though I never thought to ask,

Do it faggot, it's time to enjoy the essence of an MMO.

>finish DDDA 100%
>get excited to start DDO
>character creation is shit - can't recreate main pawn or arisen from DDDA
>vocations are shit and lock you to a single weapon type unless you're fighter or shield sage
>don't know what's going on because the translation patch doesn't fully translate cutscenes
>getting only 30 FPS despite having 120 in DDDA
>controls feel like shit and there is no way to change them
Maybe I expected too much from an MMO.

Too common and not everyone likes children.

I want to fuck a giant black woman with dreadlockes with a fucked up accent, covered in leopard skin clothing and tribal tattoos. Not 10 year old anorexic dressed in slutty clothing that may or may not have a funny hat.

In ancient time they ruled over the rift, so people who don't like loli got butthurt. Now loli are almost a dying specie and THICC is the rift overlord of this era, but the butthurt never stopped, and will never stop until the rift exists.

Eh, most did. Everyone wants DD2 and it doesnt seem like it's ever going to happen. There was a news release about it a while back hinting that they might localize DDO but its still very unlikely given the way they treated monster hunter series.

I wish there was another game that I could do the whole "pawn thing" with. like what he said
>One of the appeal of dragons dogma is the simulation of having a party

There needs to be more games that use this function. I know I can load up skyrim and mod the shit out of it but it's just not the same, and the AI is even more retarded

>but this isn't a hunting game
It's actually very similar. Different enemy body parts break off into different items, exactly how a hunting game works.

>and those those aren't levels
Semantics. They went for a unique way of doing it but your autism obviously blinds you to seeing anything besides established routine.

> he's right when he says that the point is the feel of adventure.
This is a Japanese RPG, so not really adventure in the Western sense. The Japnese love hunting games a farming items. You can even bring 4 pawns in replacement of the usual 4 players of hunting games, there's even a post-game mode which resembles hunting games.

You trade control over the thiccness of arms and legs for a larger selection of decent-looking female haircuts. Some of the fine-tuning options for the face are also welcome.

>vocations are shit and lock you to a single weapon type unless you're fighter or shield sage
pretty much

>don't know what's going on because the translation patch doesn't fully translate cutscenes
Given how the setting is generic high fantasy with canon elf lolis rather than DDDA's very tasteful Gransys with its low fantasy aesthetics and memorable landscapes, do you care?

I expected little and am content with what I got desu.

The biggest issue with that arguement is that "USE THE MOD!!!!" comes up in basically every discussion involving a new player being confused about anything. For fucks sake, someone blurted it out when someone asked if Salomet was supposed to die in one hit.

That cavalier "they can just ignore it" argument would work if the rest of the post didn't essentially consist of "this game is too easy and you're a fool if you don't believe me, and this is the only solution."

W-whoa. Cool story user.

I have yet to see a thicc pawn, despite everybody saying they are the new thing.

That is one of the reasons why I like overlord so much. His entire faction are basically pawns made by his guildmates which then become fucking sentient and he becomes the lord of death into this new fucked world of fantasy.

Creating a companion that follows you, and you can rent out to other people to get you shit, and rent others to create your own ideal part is a perfect mechanic for rpg's. And im not talking about isometric rpg's. This is fucking perfect for a free form rpg.

I'll be streaming if anyone's interested

twitch tv/illholdthemoff

What mods are you using?

>twitch tv/illholdthemoff
>jump mod

BOOOOOORING.

dll input

I've been fiddling with the numbers to change it back, wish I saved them

Here, friendo

Precisely the reason I can't continue playing it. I have two male characters who are impossible to replicate in it, and I don't feel like continuing on to make my daughteru.
>getting only 30 FPS despite having 120 in DDDA
This too. It feels really bad.
>controls feel like shit and there is no way to change them
I thought this was actually fine other than double tapping a direction to dash. I got used to it a few minutes after the tutorial and the dagger class was actually really fun.

I also really hate the direction they went for with the world. It looks way too much like a Final Fantasy clone.

Updated pawn back to warrior since there was someone asking for male warriors in the last thread, and also because one can only tolerate so much dragon's maw spam.
The hireable version has no fashion and no shield because fun is not allowed.

Trying challenger/pio/mit for inclinations, so far it seems to work well although I've only run it in BBI.

I just ended up turning off the mod and respeccing my character as a pure fighter

>100000000 exp to next level

did you do this using hook mod? I want to lock my level and im tired of going back and changing my exp to 0 every 2 minutes

Ill hire him for some bbi in a bit

Yeah, although the game resets it whenever you start up the game, I might look into the arctool to change it permanently later.

Cool

>walking down random corridor
>pawn starts laughing like a maniac
>HA HA HA, TIS SO SMALL, IT'S NO THREAT TO US
>there's some goblin standing in a corner
my sides
fucking manlets when will they learn

I think list-fag is rip in pieces

can someone update it and repost it please?

>The biggest issue with that arguement is that "USE THE MOD!!!!" comes up in basically every discussion involving a new player being confused about anything
Which is false and it's nothing more than a convenient excuse to hide your complete lack of argument.
First, the guy who asked was just talking about how was the game in general, nobody talked about mods until an user come out to stress that "no mod" dogma as hard he could with a made up "key factor" and "dont feel guilty of over leveling ". So, yeah, good job at telling a story which is the exact opposite of what happened.
Second, generally it gets recommended when people complain about getting overlevelled and the easiness, and yeah, people complain about that a lot. Guess why. For the rest, letting people known that exists a way to fix a common problem is not useless. Trying to start a shitposting war like you are trying to do is utterly useless instead.
Third, I love how you are trying to resort to things that have nothing to do with this discussion only to try to save face. It really says everything.

>That cavalier "they can just ignore it" argument would work if the rest of the post didn't essentially consist of "this game is too easy and you're a fool if you don't believe me, and this is the only solution."
So much effort into twisting my words, it’s pretty cute. Since you are playing dumb, let me be explicit: the last part of my post was about your hyperbole and your unresonable attitude, not about all the people who don’t find the base game easy. It was all about you, and that’s clearly why you got so mad. Now, please, try to get mad without using new players to vent your frustation.

I'm here , I'm waiting for opinions about that prune method before using it, but nobody gives a shit about it you included.. I'm not the original one (Nerodamus' Arisen), though.

well for what it's worth, reddit updates their list every sunday, but I'm not sure how they monitor "activity" on their spreadsheet (rated with stars)

I'll poke around /r/dragonsdogma and see what I can find out. A large amount on our list is indeed inactive so something needs to change, I can agree with you there. I just don't know exactly what. Your idea of "10 threads without reply = removal" sounds reasonable. We go through generals relatively fast here given the age of this game.

I just use the google doc pawn sheet.
Just add your pawn and put an active on the sheet to tell if the person is gone or not.

Also an easier more indepth way of looking up pawns.

…she definitely looked better in the editor than in-game.

>changing the looks would cost IRL money
oy vey

Oh, yeah, that's pretty different. Maybe it's the light. Still not bad, though.

lets talk about DDO
is it fun assuming you love ddda?

It's basically DDDA lite. Shallower, more grindy, more bland (generic high fantasy world).

The vocations are consolidated and very limited (archers don't have daggers any more, there's no hybrid vocations), and you gain levels separately in each class—which means that on one hand you can start over and play with low-level players again when you switch vocations, but you can't mix it up freely and still make progress like you could in DDDA.

If you're starved for more Dragon's Dogma after playing through DDDA multiple times, it will do the job well, but that's about it.

christ fuck capcom and fuck video games
this series still has potential. but god damn ddo sounds awful

>she definitely looked better in the editor than in-game

Every game ever.

>STILL no hires

I totally understand why classes are more boxed into certain roles (so no archer/rogue combo like the yellow vocations), so I can live with that, even if it will feel pretty limited at first.

The real crime is the "generic high fantasy world" setting. Dragon's Dogma was never this. Guess it had to appeal to Japs more or something.