Mid Engined Viper?

What if Dodge is actually pulling the Viper off for now and is gonna pop out a mid-engined Viper after a while?

>If that happens, would you buy a mid-engined Viper over a C8 mid engined Corvette?

I never felt this sad for a car going out of production and I'm not even American and I love this car to death.

Other urls found in this thread:

allpar.com/cars/me412.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You can't have a Viper shaped mid-engined car.

>turbo I3 in rear
>whole front is now a big frunk for your groceries

>turbo I3
>in a Dodge Viper

Who cares? Even if they did it'd be a poorly built piece of shit.

Mid engined cars are overrated.

jokes on you, the viper is already mid-engine

retards

>2017
>still poisoning the planet with 10 whole cylinders
You don't really NEED that power, do you?

Put the V10 at the back and do it Dodge!

>an attempted imagination by me

>You can't have a Viper shaped mid-engined car.
Sure but you could give it the present Viper design elements and make it a whole new car.

Wow

I'd drive it

You won't believe but Dodge in the mid 90s actually planned of a mid-engined Viper and then for some reason they went with the FR layout from there on.

Here are some pics I put together that I found over the net.

it's not called the bill of needs

That actually looks really sexy. i struggled to imagine what a mid-engine viper what even look like but that'd be it.

Now i'm wondering how much faster it could've been had they gone that route.

Fuck, what pisses me off even more is that it probably would've forced GM to make a mid-engine corvette a lot sooner.

I suddenly like the idea of a mid-engined Viper. That first pic is just too sexy.

People forget Carroll Shelby was heavily involved with Chrysler in the 80's and subsequently the Viper in the 90's, it was supposed to be the modern Shelby Cobra (and it was) and this could have been his attempt at a modern GT40.

Here's another fun fact on the original Viper; they had experimented with a 5.9L V8 version on the original concept but Shelby decided it wasn't enough power, so Chrysler essentially chopped two cylinders off a 5.9 and more or less grafted them onto another to make a V10. Lamborghini helped design the intake manifold; Chrysler at the time owned them. There is an immense amount of history on the development of the first Viper, it was conceived while Bob Lutz was running the show, the same guy responsible for the Prowler and a host of impressive Chrysler concepts, then later the Chevy HHR.

>still pulls off side pipes in a mid engine
MUH DICK

And here I said I wasn't gonna jerk off today.

V8 FAGS BTFO

holy fuck

Eww that looks terrible.

If Porsche can get away with a top-side exhaust on the 918, sidepipes would probably work on a midengined Viper.

>Lamborghini helped design the intake manifold
They didn't just do the intake, they also did the aluminium casting of that massive V10 block. It actually was overbuilt like hell, which has allowed the Dodge engineers to cut more and more weight out of it during the subsequent Viper generations.

Get the hell out you hippie

They won't, because it would require a bottom up redesign of absolutely everything with no tangible benefit. MR isn't "better" than FR, it's just a different set of design constraints. Right now the fastest production car around Willow Springs is the Viper ACR, beating the Porsche 918 by over 2 seconds, and the fastest production-based car around the track is a modified first generation WRX.

Looks a lot more like a Supra than the new Supra does.

Neither Dodge or Chevy will ever make a mid engine sport vehicle, it'll never ever happen get it out of your heads.

If that mid-engine prototype corvette they were driving around turns out to be leading up to an April fools joke i'm going to throw a brick through GM's HQ windows.

>ferd being the only one to attempt a modern MR car twice
>GM and Chrysler won't
(although to be fair Chrysler tried with the ME4-12 but Daimler weren't having any of that)
>Ferd won't make any kind of sports car above the mustang
>but GM and Chrysler have
JUST!

GM did try with the Cien too

don't see that happening viper was my favorite car had a good run

now if they can get back to the ME Four Twelve that would be cool

allpar.com/cars/me412.html

it's not sad. if dodge made a mid engined supercar that outperformed previous Vipers that would be fucking sick. and guess what. vipers are still around and you still can't afford one. so dont be sad.

Yeah and the cabin is rearward and the front axle is frontward

Kek

jesus that looks like a viper had a baby with a porsche 918 and it came out sexy as hell

>Who cares? Even if they did it'd be the fastest production race car in the world.

Just realized the rims look like a bunch of forked snek tongues in a circle.

>race car

mid engine viper

>ME FOUR TWELVE 2017
>made with two Alpha V6s twin turbos fused together

Yes

>daddy dodge, i can be a corvette too!

the bill of rights doesn't say shit about cars dummy

the exhaust goes forward then out the sides, nice

The viper is already mid engine dumbo.
Some yurofag tried to build a rear mid and it turned out like shit

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

THIS!!!!!