/mmog/ - MMO General

Ding! edition
This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like Diablo, ARK, and Dark and Light.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
Ashes of Creation:
ashesofcreation.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S5n8PMV6ejY
pastebin.com
clubpenguin.com/whats-new/important-announcement-regarding-club-penguin-desktop-and-mobile-devices?linkId=33944509
youtu.be/PluTUY2JYjk
youtube.com/watch?v=PSvMXxnydgA
youtube.com/watch?v=0EMMOrzOqO8
youtube.com/watch?v=V3YxgBrnorI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=S5n8PMV6ejY
Elsword is such a shit game that when someone created a video of the entire experience and posted it on the forums the guy got permanently banned from the entire game. Pretty fucking sad, the video is harmless. It does hit deep, however.

any good sites to check which new MMOs are coming out anyway?

Damn, I couldn't even read the OP. I think I need some sleep.

Anything running a newer engine like UE4?

>mfw playing on CBS and CrA's releases and not stopping for half a year each time
Was fun

Yeah, unfortunately, they are for mobiles.

RevPasta

>What is Revelation Online?
Fuck off. It's shit.

>Current News
None, it's dead.

>Official Links
F
U
C
K

O
F
F

>FAQ - INFORMATIVE! READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com

>Resources
F
U
C
K

O
F
F

>Can I play now?
Never

>/revog/ Guilds
There is none

>Steam Group
Steam is a meme

What MMOs are you playing?

Wakfu
I'd actually give other mmos a try but wakfu has comfy housing system and autistic crafting timesinks.

GE2RB.

I know it's not an MMO but I'm having fun.

Does it have multiplayer or are you an AI waifu kinda guy?

I't does have a multi, I'm playing with friend.

Atlantica online.

WoW private servers (Wotlk and Burning Crusade soon hopefully).
Might hop back to Dofus cause got a bunch of friends playing. I can't get hooked enough tho.
I like the game, the style and everything. Can't help but think how much this game has wasted potential.
Just hating the fact that money means absolutely everything ingame. It lets little to no room for actual player skill or atleast cap it too quickly.

Fact: Pinoys are the most powerful race in K-MMOs.

The Secret World.

God help me.

Anyone actually playing on talonRO?

I was playing there for a year, got any questions or just looking for someone to play with?

Looking for a guild to chill with while I grind or at least some friends.

Tbh with you people on this server are really helpful and nice, any random guild will do. I got invited to my old guild by random dude while farming sleepers, no regrets.

TSW is a perfectly fine game
It's just that endgame isn't all that amazing and combat is mediocre. Not bad by any stretch, just mediocre.

Ya, I figured I would check here first, but ill probably join a casual guild soon.

ESO. It's okay.
Also waiting for HG.

Too many pinoys.

All they do is leech each other.

I love the game's writing. I'm trying to hurry and do all the game's main missions and stuff before it gets shut down or something.

I don't actually know if/when it will, but I'm getting a funny feeling about it.

I'd be pretty shocked if it does. They've been consistently putting out content lately and I think they've just finished up the tokyo business, so there should be new storylines starting soon

Interesting.

I mean playing the game again has really gotten me kind of appreciative towards it. I think it's pretty cool they have all this great story and writing. I love the idea behind the secret societies, how you phone in missions and can just interact with things in the world to get more missions. I love that the game designers designed the maps so you can kind of go in a big circle and complete all the missions efficiently if you're grinding. I like how the money is called Pax Romana; obviously implying the secret societies have been using the currency of the Roman empire because they've been around for thousands and thousands of years. How great.

But then my problem comes in; why the FUCK do I already have Tier level 6 for my weapons/trinkets at Blue Mountain? I thought Egypt and Transylvania were further leveling zones. Seems kind of fast to be getting gear at that rate.

They are, I dunno where you pulled t6 from in blue mountain. I remember it going up to like 4. Trans needs like t8 at least to do anything, I wanna say, but I don't remember much about egypt

SWTOR
Class stories are breddy gud, Wouldn't play it without subbing though.

Club Penguin is closing on March 29.
clubpenguin.com/whats-new/important-announcement-regarding-club-penguin-desktop-and-mobile-devices?linkId=33944509

They're making a new game so they're closing this one down.

There's still 4 classes right; two gun guys and two jedi?

I think it's kind of cool to play a non-jedi in a star wars game but I'm secretly worried the game is shit.

each faction has 4 base classes yeah. the base classes determine your story that you play.
Each base class also has 2 advanced classes which determine how you play.

So the different factions actually have differences in their mirror classes? Interesting.

The reason why I'm interesting in SWTOR anyway is because, funny story, this kid in my computer class in High School always talked about how great this game is and how much he liked it, and he practically fucking Reee'd at me when I told him I predict it will go free to play.

And then it did after I graduated. Lel

I think thats an old Image.
the mirrored classes play the same, the abilites and stuff are just flavored differently and called different things depending on faction. A Jedi Consular plays the same as a Sith Sorcerer, a Vangaurd plays the same as a Powertech etc etc.

Tera and a little bit of RevOnline. Going to move fully to Rev when it comes out with no wipe. I forgot how un-fun Tera's endgame was.

Alright.

Anything else you can tell me? Is leveling and question fun? Can you solo most of the content? How much of the trashy Star Wars prequel cancer is in it?

If you are a big fan of anything Star Wars it's a nice game to just sub to and play the storylines. Can't speak about how the end game is because I just played it like it was a single player game.

>Anything else you can tell me? Is leveling and question fun?

They streamlined leveling to where you only need to do your class quests and the main planet quest. Basically only the quests with a purple Icon. So it's super quick and easy now as long as you are subbed.

>Can you solo most of the content?
You can solo all of the PVE content that doesnt actually require a group like dungeons.

>How much of the trashy Star Wars prequel cancer is in it?
It takes place during the Old Republic era, so maybe depending on your definition of "prequel cancer"

Post the a bgm to the 1st dungeon of a game you played.
youtu.be/PluTUY2JYjk

Well you could just post good BGM you dummies...

>1st dungeon
No
youtube.com/watch?v=PSvMXxnydgA

Who is this semen demon?

youtube.com/watch?v=0EMMOrzOqO8
I consider this to be CBS's theme

I just defeated a rank 294 Cra with my Cra. Feels good man.

Also, eniripsas coney transform card is BULLSHIT. Sheesh. Nah, forget that, the issue is the curse cards. Goddamn it, when are they going to replace them for draw cards like they said a million years ago? Also, WHERE IS MY GODDAMN FECA WAIFU ANKAMA, WHERE IS SHE? orz

Born just in time to play MMOs.

Or have I missed out on Ultima and Everquest?

You're late m8.

Post neckbeard or I call bs.

Sorry, me and my brother have no beard at all. He always wanted big bushy one but I'm happy I don't have to shave every day.

I WANNA PLAY ELSWORD BUT IT'S SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME

I can't post a good picture without posting my face but will ladybugs make up for it? Also who here is playing RevOnline now?

>install wakfu based on recommendations from here
>get to character select screen
>want to play male cus I'm a guy
>all the female characters are hot af though
>Can't make a good looking male Cra for the life of me after experimenting with character customization for half an hour

M or F guys?

go female, if you're going to play the game for awhile might as well look at something "attractive".

Just remembered I almost got banned for posting ladybugs.

How do I erp with girls then though

>erping at all

Actually I don't erp at all but I do flirt with girls in my guilds. I'm too scared to erp ever since a few years ago. I was 19 playing maplestory and it turned out I had erped with a 14 y-old girl who then sent me her facebook and wanted to be my girlfriend.

Fucking deleted my account that day

tfw too shy for roleplaying

So what isn't cross-faction in wildstar?

If I gathered right
not crossfaction:
>cities
>quests
>adventurers

cross-faction:
>groups
>arena
>guilds
>circles
>housing/neighbours
>friends
>chat

oh and raids/dungeons are crossfaction too apparently

and world stories not

World events are cross-faction. Except for r12, which has requirements for factions separately, and also is never done. Put that shit in the contracts wheel already, carbino

So I can't really think of any disadvantage of going dominion other than a lower faction population that doesn't affect anything other than feeling like the game is even more dead

well, you get associated with bazingarats

that's fine

I'm going to play bazingarat and ERP with it

how do I get costumes?

>tfw you are only attracted to very effeminate, petite, girly boys
>tfw there is no MMO that lets you caters to your Waifu (Male) needs

Can you go die of AIDS somewhere else?

kill yourself, pedo

gotta draw the line somewhere, it's already bad enough MMOs cater to furryfags and pedos

It's really only a blessing that these people have an outlet for their needs.

I'd prefer if they act out their needs in public so they get gunned down in the streets like the degenerates that they are. Or arrested and jailed, w/e works.

aurin males in wildstar
they're furshits though
alternatively male lyn in blade and soul, but they're more just shota

Just be glad you're not one of them.

An outlet is the worst thing these people need. They will just act out once their outlet isn't enough.

What they need is proper mental help.

>have the ability to choose an extremely twink looking male
>have the ability to choose a somewhat tomboyish girl
>or a girl that you could pretend is a boy
>instead whine
My hoof and your ass have an appointment.

no

youtube.com/watch?v=V3YxgBrnorI

Join our mmo guild on Horde on Zeth'Kur.

Wow vanilla.

>Hord

>playing horde

e

>tfw too tall for the character select screen

you're a big guy

Ayy lets fug, nerd

is ELOA any good?

no

Why would you play Horde on a Vanilla server? Seriously curious

pvp racials and shammies, also its comfy

Is it even possible to make an MMO with good combat?

Yes, and I would say it's been done but you presumably don't agree. In that case, what non-mmo games have had good combat? Or what makes combat good to you?

Yep

>nost is so ded they have to recruit in here

While I was asking to find out what MMOs have good combat.

>What makes good combat for you?
I don't know man, I mostly just play MMOs. That's why I'm asking!

Tera combat is really good. Tanking in it feels like your really being a tank and blocking well gives you a buff that makes it so you attack faster and do more dmg. As a lancer anyways.

Ragnarok Online has my favorite type of combat
its simple, easy and fun, but has complexity and difficulty

parry best skill

>parry
Irrelevant skill. Play Dead is OP.