What's the next meme car?

What's the next meme car?

Back in 2008ish it seemed like e30s were the car of choice for Veeky Forumss. Now it seems to be miatas.

what's the next meme?

Guilias

toyobaru

now that 3k civics = early 2000s civic = tranny failures, people will jump to Toyota

But Toyota is too common so people will start memeing Lexus instead. Lexus IS and ES from early 2000s can run on regular gas... both run a non turbo 2JZ too...A luxury car, soft ride, with regular gas and a 2JZ?? let's the memes commence

>toyota fag

lexus ES never had a 2JZ, they're all V6

The ES is a V6, you are thinking about the GS which uses the 2JZ

I think ES can run straight on regular, but the Lexus 2JZs premium is ""suggested"" but not required

mustang gt

The Renault Twingo, because it's starting to be available for import into the US.

Crown vics/Panthers

Pretty much the single last dirt cheap & reliable RWD platforms left on the used
market.

I emphasise DIRT cheap. I dont expect Mopar LX cars, Nissan 350s or any other rwd car to hit sub 2k prices for dailt drivable examples anytime in the near or distant future.

MR2's, kinda easy to work on, they take hella boost, mid engine RWD, they are fairly cheap, light, and fun. Gotta pick one up soon before they appreciate like the NA MX5 did.

Is the NB hit by meme appreciation? I'm thinking of picking one of those up.

No, it's hit by chassis frame rust.

don't forget the fedora straight 6 layout and muh rwd in IS

it has always been miata's

one of the first Veeky Forums memes was frolo & his deadly roll bar. in fact, Veeky Forums was into miata's before automotive journalists started worshiping it as a cheap fun car

>prht version of the portliest miata
ew

Frolo old fag place go. Also kill me on your way out why am I still here.

Veeky Forums hasn't existed long enough for your statement to be true

Not many people are retarded enough to import them though

rip frolo

>Guilias
fpbp
Giulia isn't a meme tho, it's actually excellent

>fedora straight 6 layout
Straight 6 and V12 are the objectively superior layouts pleb. They are the quietest engines in terms of vibrations. That's why they were used so much in luxury cars before dampening and counterbalancing were as developed as they are now.

>non turbo 2JZ

dropped