/nintyg/ - Nintendo General: Mobage Edition

This is a general for discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them.

Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/

>Important News
「!」Pokemon Bank is now live: twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/824061163814219776
「!」New Nintendo Selects - Kirby Triple Deluxe and Mario & Luigi Dream Team: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/823998827166318592
「!」12 Minutes of Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment for Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=IevcjoOFAUc
「!」Fire Emblem Switch (name not final) Announced: gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-getting-new-fire-emblem-game/1100-6447052/
「!」Fire Emblem Warriors Confirmed for 3DS: polygon.com/2017/1/18/14315934/fire-emblem-warriors-release-date-3ds-nintendo-switch
「!」Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Announced for 3DS: gematsu.com/2017/01/fire-emblem-echoes-shadows-valentia-announced-3ds
「!」Zelda confirmed to be Wii U's Last Title: nintendoeverything.com/reggie-confirms-zelda-is-nintendos-last-wii-u-title-games-will-still-be-sold-and-online-will-continue/
「!」Dragon Ball Heroes: Ultimate Mission X Announced for 3DS: gematsu.com/2017/01/dragon-ball-heroes-ultimate-mission-x-announced-3ds
「!」ARMS Playable Without Motion Controls: gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-fighting-game-arms-playable-withou/1100-6446968/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/Su4aQCkT
Switch - pastebin.com/wzAnAzng

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/BBBqvaT

Other urls found in this thread:

mynintendonews.com/2017/01/31/nintendo-increasing-nintendo-switch-production-due-to-healthy-pre-orders/
3ds.guide
nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-wii-u-production-has-ended-globally/
strawpoll.me/12244393
youtube.com/watch?v=o21DgUPD2RQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fire Emblem is trash.

I heard this is the Nintendo General. For those who don't know, I'm the owner of this general.

If you any Nintendo related questions just ask me.

If you want hackin advice fuck off m8 to /hbg/.

Also Kunio Kun is a cool series and I hope to see more translations of it soon for 3DS.

kys gor

Sleep tight gogger

>Kisses you softly right back

what action RPG 3ds games do you guys recommend

also is the maple story game good?

Swords and Darkness.

>fire up brawl a bit
>scrolling stage
>just walk and jump over obstacles
>"You have been disconnected for idling"
>turn off WiiU

Now I remember why I got pissed at this shit.

>fire up brawl
>disconnected of idling
>Wii U

Mind clarifying this?

EX Troopers.

Smash brawl anti-griefing bullshit system.

You can get disconnected for idling.
You can get disconnect for targeting the same player.
You can get disconnect for self-destructing too much.

Oh yeah. Sakurai is a fucking idiot.

WOAH WOW WATCH OUT I'M TRIPPING. HOW ZANY. WHAT A WAY TO FUCK UP EVERY MATCH.

mynintendonews.com/2017/01/31/nintendo-increasing-nintendo-switch-production-due-to-healthy-pre-orders/
AYYYY

Rune Factory 4

Not really an rpg but Monster hunter

Congrats to Nintendo, maybe by 2019 they'll have managed to sell more than 8 million total.

I just don't see the point of the Switch. If you want a mobile gaming device why not just make another cheap handheld?
>Muh console market
Nintendo has no console market, I don't know why they're even trying to appeal to this market when said market doesn't like them.

Drop the Switch and just make a slightly more powerful DS kind of system and they'd be rolling in dough. I don't get it.

Neat dragon.

What are all the Nintendo Discords?
There's /nintyg/, /mii/, the swapdoodle one, the splatoon one, where else are you guys?

>Veeky Forums - Video Game Generals
>mobagarbage
??????????????????????????
Did you mean to post this on /trash/ or are you just new?

thanks for updating the news

gor none of us like you

none
arpg is a shit genre and has no good games

this tee bee h
only ninty handhelds have sold decently since the snes (not including the wii of course)

also this

Nah gor, hacking questions are fine. I'm the owner of /hbg/ and I come here, so there's no problem

should i play Bravely Default?

I just remember everyone saying they quit it like halfway through because theres a false ending or something and the last half of the game is ass.

It's a nice RPG but yeah, it gets boring because after a certain point you have to replay the game several times.

>you have to replay the game several times.
No you fucking don't, it's just a few repeated boss battles.

>the last half of the game is ass
More like the last quarter before the final dungeon.
It's a good game, but everybody overreacts when it comes to the repeated bosses.

2DS or NEW 3DS XL?

Regular New 3DS.

Why not XL?

2DS is only really worth buying if you don't have a lot of money.

Regular N3DS is for people with baby hands

I have "normal" hands I guess, I don't think XL would be a problem for me.

I heard the sound output for the 2DS was mono, is it true? Can't I even get proper stereo audio output by putting on headsets?

The only speaker the 2DS has is in the top left corner. So yes, it is mono. You can get sterio with a headset, but as someone who owns a 2DS I don't recommend them at all.

It stabs the shit out of your hands while you play. Only real pro to it is that its cheap.

When do you think the Switch will be restocked?

Ah right, I get what you mean. Thanks for the input.

hbg_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, cheers.

ok

>I'm looking into whether hacking a 3DS is easy or not
It's easy

>and if it's a risky procedure or not
It's only risky if you're dumb or if you use bad guides instead of 3ds.guide

>Surely the same thing is possible on a 3DS as shouldn't be rocket science.
Yeah, but you don't need a flashcard. If you see a 3DS flashcard, it's a scam.

>I remember a year ago or so people talking about the OoT hacking thing which still seemed like kind of a pain to do. How is it today? Have 3DS hacks advanced so far?
Right now all you need is an SD card.

Stop.

You're right, he should stay away from the general filled with resources and guides made to help beginners.

No, I'm telling you to make this kind of shitposts

*to stop making

Is there a Big Brian Academy on 3DS?

I farted and link came out.

Just a short question, anons!

has the 3ds been hacked/jailbroken so that I can download games and play them as I would have on the old NDS? I would like to relive some NDS games, and was looking at the 3DS due to some newer titles. However, I can't be arsed to shill out the money for each individual games.

Also, i would like to fuck around with the console and unity development.

h________________________________________________________________________b________________________________________________________________________g

>has the 3ds been hacked/jailbroken so that I can download games and play them as I would have on the old NDS?
Yes, you can play any GBA and 3DS game natively and other games with emulators. You only need a DS flashcard if you want DS games.

>I would like to relive some NDS games
For DS games you either have to buy them or use a flashcard
Well, an alternative is in development, but only a few games work and loadings are slow

nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-wii-u-production-has-ended-globally/

F

a lot of mario mods look better than any mario game nintendo has done since like 2010 if we exclude odyssey

>a slightly more powerful DS kind of system
Agreed, but let's drop the silly two-screen gimmick. It's rarely utilized well. Just give it one nice 720p screen and a good amount of power. Also, it'd be nice to have TV-out for when you're at home so you can play on a bigger screen; I often wish I had that option with my Vita. You could even clock the CPU/GPU up when you have access to mains power, and maybe make the controller part detachable so you're not physically cabled to your TV in that case. Then you'd basically have the perfect handheld.

Yeah, I think I'm on to something with this idea. What should we call it, /nintyg/? I'm having trouble coming up with a name.

Quick question, I don't have a 3ds yet, but is the latest mario party game playable online with people over the world or do we need to be near each other?

Tried looking for it but it seems to be extremely vague.

Incorrect. 2ds lite + supercard +ez3in1 is only ds

3ds can't do 256mbit games. Eat a dick false flagger

thank god

3ds is really fucking bad. do not buy.

Okay... Thanks.

No online.

Wheres the Wii U Recommended games list?

lol

There are none reccomended.

botw looks like a wii game

its the other way around. wii games look like botw because wii games used the limited resources they had in a great way. botw doesn't use its resources well so it loks like shet

Switch is shit sir. Only cheeseburgers would buy launch day

nice multiplatfomr games

Reminder that while you wait three years for the Shitch to get games you could buy a PS4 to support the better gaming companies.
More than Shitch. Sorry I picked the winning team

this is why sony is better than nintendo
nintendo only has platformers, sony has multiplatformers

R.I.P. Switch
2017-2017

>b-but it's a handheld!
>th-the 3DS is dead!!

It's both.
The DS was also a handheld and they did the same thing

vita can play snes
3ds struggles

Sony plays nintendo better than nintendo does

Yeah, how dare they expect people to play the game?

>tripping
>smash for wii u

And yes, he was talking about smash 4. Brawl's online is no longer functional, and did not have any rules to kick away griefers.

This makes me kind of happy, I like my 3DS

I have a friend with a spare Switch preorder. Only problem is that he's not local. How exactly does someone sell a preorder?

Nabbed a 3DS xl off eBay. Super stoked.

Which Pokémon & Fire Emblem games are worth getting?

>recommended games list

Haha the one year anniversary of me being the listanon passed and I forgot.
Would you listanons recommend the following?

>River City Tokyo Rumble 【Is it worth the $30?, apparently it's really short】
>Punch Club
>Maplestory 3DS: The Girl of Destiny 【Recently got a fan translation and I don't know if it's actually a good game】

>Dasshutsu Adventure Zetsubou Yousai 【JP】
>MEGAMI MEGURI 【JP】
>Miitopia 【JP】
>Puyo Puyo Chronicle 【JP】 (can it be played without JP knowledge?)
>Momotaro Dentetsu 2017 【JP】
>RPG Maker FES 【JP】

Birthright and Conquest/Awakening for Fire Emblem

Rad, this helps!

birthright and awakening are shit

sun/moon and conquest are the only good 3ds entries of those franchises

>opinions

yeah, the opinions of literally anybody who's played literally any non-3ds pokemon or fire emblem game

Stop antagonizing anons. Someone literally asked a question and you responded with an answer to that literally didnt need to be said. Don't be a dick.

>Which games are worth getting?
>user suggests games that aren't worth getting
>WOW! don't be a dick!

>forgetting that they said the same thing about the DS and GBA
They're just hedging their bets. If the Switch is a success, they will drop the 3DS like a hot turd.

And let's be real; all they need to make the Switch a moderate success is a mainline Pokemon game. That's literally it. Splatoon, Monster Hunter, and Yokai Watch will seal the deal for Japan; I expect it to do extremely well there. America is trickier, but having Activision, EA, and Bethesda on board in some capacity is a good sign. At the very least, it's going to be a lot better off than the Wii U.

He's got a sort of a point, there was literally only one person you needed to respond to, instead you decided to shit on one persons response to say your own

Cant fit switch in your pocket.
/discussion

Can't fit an iPad in your pocket, either. And you'd have to be awfully fat to fit a 3DS XL in your pocket comfortably, yet those did pretty darn well.

apple is a meme desu, overpriced shit that other brands can do.

And idk, fits in pockets just fine if you dont wear little sister jeans. All the pants I own have deep pockets/cargo shorts/pants so it isnt really an issue.

We're talking about the mainstream audience, not the type of people who wear cargo pants.

>apple is a meme desu, overpriced shit that other brands can do.
You've clearly missed the point.

Sun and moon and wait for the new fire emblem. You don't want to touch the waifu emblem games on 3ds.

Heck off my general, kid.

Not every straight male wears girl jeans.

shut the fuck up

strawpoll.me/12244393
strawpoll.me/12244393
strawpoll.me/12244393

Are they that 'uguuu kawaii desu' weeb?

The gameplay is still alright but yeah kinda. Just wait for the new one.

zelda rox

So I've heard that for Bravely Second, in addition to the general censorship, NoA cut out the multiple possible endings from a bunch of side quests? Is this true? Is the game even worth picking up?

It wasn't NoA but SE+the localization company the game was outsorced to, it's a weird situation where they followed the """feedback""" from JP players or something.

But the content HAS been cut? That's quite a red flag.

youtube.com/watch?v=o21DgUPD2RQ

>mfw Japanese pixelshit