Job

I have one month to get a job. Where should I work? There are restaurants, banks, oil, gas station and grocery are the first things that come to mind. I don't have an education other than high school and some college. Btw, I live in houston, tx
Thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

houston.craigslist.org/search/jjj
houston.craigslist.org/trp/5919598784.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Retail sucks so don't do that.

Samething with Restaurants unless you either love cooking, or are a dishwasher/waiter

Gas Stations tend to have "flexible" hours, and the 24/7 ones get robbed pretty frequently, but it's an easy, abit lonely job at times.

Bank is the best out of jobs you mentioned. try for a bank, but they mostly hired women because people like starting at pretty faces.

My primary education consists of technology, business, and economics. Maybe I should just go sell newspapers!
I'm 26 years old

Yeah, I worked at a clothing store in the mall once and it sucked. And yes, gas station and security guard type jobs are starting to feel like a no-go. Where have you worked?

My first job was retail. I regret it because I was naive and they simply took advantage of me.

Then i was a brand ambassador, which was a cool job, because you didn't have anyone breathing down your back, but you have to be socialable, and the hours are not reliable. not to mention that in some seasons, the travel time can be not worth it due to how far you have to go for certain jobs.

Then i worked at a couples resort as a driver. It was honestly, the best job I ever had. Free Lunch/Dinner, the co-workers were chill as shit, I got to do whatever I wanted to do as long as my work was done beforehand, so I'd usually either chill in a corner and watch movies, or go into the nightclub for the nightly entertainment, whcih was usually bands and comedians. I only left because there as absolutely no advancement whatsoever at that point. The people who pretty much worked there, were going to work their for life. There was one guy who worked at the resort for over 42 years, and is showing no signs of retiring any time soon.

So now I'm a computer repair technician for a small business because I swore to myself to never work for a corporation ever again unless i got a very high position.

That's cool and it's funny you mention it because the same thing happened to me with a retail store. I thought I was getting a good opportunity so I invested a lot of thought into it and basically manipulated the manager to hire me but really he was just taking advantage of me.

Also working in a corporate environment can be fun especially if you know how to move up quickly a lot of the people working there get stuck.
What did you do as a brand ambassador?

For the brand ambassador job I mostly did sales promotions in stores by sampling products or services. Every once in a while, I helped out or supervised grand openings of stores or store events. Those paid a crazy amount, like $20+ an hour and the events were usually weeklong. I only stopped doing it because like I stated before, it wasn't stable, so there were times I could go an entire month without a job, and that more of these events are happening farther and farther away.

I've been doing the Computer Tech job for a few months now. It's pretty nice, I shoot the shit with the boss a lot and tinkering with technology is always something fun. I'm probably gonna be let go soon because I have too much empathy and can't really take advantage of someones ignorance or lack of knowledge in certain aspects, so I don't make the sales that I could if I just put my morals in my backpocket.

Why don't you just tell your boss the truth? Surely there's gotta be a business is where everyone's friendly.

It is, but sales are a pretty important part of his business. I don't tell the clients everything, but I do tell them just small pieces of advice and whatnot just so they don't have to spend $60+ everytime they even have the smallest issue with their devices.

But if he lets me go, then that's simply his decision and I'll respect that. I'll just do what I always do, trek along and find another job.

holy fucking shit, you are literally me, and im in houston

this feels like deja vu seeing this post what the fucki

houston.craigslist.org/search/jjj

i literally had this tab open as i was reading this OP, jeezus
yo OP meet me up nigga

What's your name?

Robert, dont dox me bro. im 19 trying to hustle right now in houston.

houston.craigslist.org/trp/5919598784.html

i found this driving one just a second ago for dry cleaners, you think it's good?

Well from experience I know that a lot of rich people get their clothes delivered you might be able to make some good contacts.

dayum not bad. i was gonna try to do uber or some amazon delivery shit, but i think i need to be above 21 for both of those. maybe not the amazon delivery. i got about a month too to find a job. I actually just moved to houston less than a month ago

It looks like that job is in River Oaks. You might be able to get an inside at the country club there which is among one of the richest places in america
I moved to houston downtown over a year ago and I'm trying to make it on my own.

I would only recommend Uber if they give you a free car but don't do Amazon delivery if you don't have an efficient vehicle or a Prius. It's simply not enough money and they try to be fascists with the time slots that they give you.
I reckon the dry cleaning will net you $20/hr with tips

>I moved to houston downtown over a year ago and I'm trying to make it on my own.
awesome, i actually went to one of the bitcoin meetups the other week in houston, it was pretty cool. i might be able to profit some from that industry. Also, is River Oaks really that nice?!?

my skype: george.bush194

>I would only recommend Uber if they give you a free car but don't do Amazon delivery if you don't have an efficient vehicle or a Prius. It's simply not enough money and they try to be fascists with the time slots that they give you.
>I reckon the dry cleaning will net you $20/hr with tips
awesome thanks! and yea, i have a ford f150 2013 at the moment, so not very fuel efficient i dont think

There are a lot of cool businesses you can do with a truck

This but in NY

can you name just a few? it would be very helpful

Well you can tow things and carry heavy equipment. Heres a golden nugget for you: pressure washing. It uses gas and you can rent one for cheap and run around rich neighborhoods and ask if they want their driveway or house pressure washed. Just attach to their water faucet.
You can move Christmas trees too
And last but not least you could move someone's furniture

Ho lee fuq, thanks! I might go get pressure washer from home depot. How do I post ads and stuff tho? Do I do just go to nice neighboods and knock on their door? xD

You can do that
You can get business cards for very cheap and run around passing them out, old people are very helpful for new entrepreneurs
And you can get a sticker to put on your truck and charge like $300 for one driveway