Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/wY7zM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCORE_Class_5
orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5996910939.html
bakersfield.craigslist.org/cto/5988610435.html
russianspares.com/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Little cold in the back, Taynger?

Is there a current production car that is suited for offroading? Off the top of my head I think for offroading you want a solid drive axle (or is it independent?)

>I think for offroading you want a solid drive axle (or is it independent?)
Depends on what exactly you're doing with it. "offroading" is very general.

Nah. I have a few bags of insulation

Do you sleep in the back surrounded by the insulation?

No you dub cuck. He sleeps in your wife's bed.

o

I sleep in the cab like a civilised trucclodyte.

Is a 4runner just a tacoma with a topper or are there mechanical differences?

ok huys im going to college up north (on lake superior) this fall and i want to make my stock xj (4.0, 4x4, auto) better in the snow/ light trails
ibe never offroaded it before which is why im so hesitant to mod the fuck out of it, theres pretty much zero trails within an hour of my house ;_;
i have a couple grand saved up but i dont want to spend more that 1500
so far im thinking:
new alternator (bought not installed yet)
new ball joints upper and lower
new rear brake drums/shoes
block heater
full coolant/heater core flush
snow tires? (235/75/r15)

Talk me out of buying a Montero

What the fuck. Why not take it up before Autumn? Also. Confederation College?

Where are you located? There have to be some trails if you live in North America. Or a forest.

im driving it up there in august butim spending all winter up there
currently live in detroit metro, college is northern michigan university

If you cross the border into Onterrible, I can show you a few trails near London. But it'll have to be past May.
Bring Scotch and Founders Beer and that Suburban guy.

Anyway. The most important part for your XJ is a lift (coil upgrade is good) and larger tyres / wheels. Since its bone stock right now and you have time, I would strongly recommend waiting for an offroad ready XJ to come on the market and buy it for $3500-$5000 instead. This would save you money and add-on time for your upgrades.

>mitsu be shit

Seems like a 4runner minus tax

The Ford Raptor does quite well offroad.

It's also 50k new.

Fuck... these threads move so fast nowadays I have trouble keeping up haha. Work has gone from a shit show to a downright fanfuckingtastic Clusterfuck. Between a bank audit, computer problems, short staffing, a new very problematic customer, and contractors going rogue I can handle one, maybe 2 NOT ALL FUCKING 5!

I think I may just say fuck it and bite the bullet and take Murph to a mechanic instead of fixing everything myself and dealing with distractions with work all the time.

For anything in Michigan a stock XJ is fine when it comes to snow/light trails. It looks like the biggest thing you are focusing on is maintenance which is what I would be doing too if I were in your shoes. As far as tires go I would recommend the KO2s. Meme tire I know but they last, which is good for students haha. Biggest thing to work on is getting experience driving off road and you should do well.

You on the map user?

Why have him bring founders when I LIVE 10 MINUTES AWAY FROM THE BREWERY!!!!!!!!!!

Why did you take the tint off your back window Tay?

Because you didn't answer me last thread, who the fuck owns Herby, I want to buy him and race score 5 class

>not class 11

What do you think I have, a death wish?

>buying a beetle to race class 5 unlimited

you do realize that class 5's are basically ecotec powered tubeframes with fodrill suspension, mendeola trans, and half of a fiberglass bug shell right?

im the purple maker in 48098

Anyone interested in an /org discord server?
discord.gg/wY7zM

Also Map wasn't posted in first post. I am disappoint in burb bretheren...
www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619

Not sure yet. The 4 cars are parked in front of a building I frequently pass by, but nobody ever seems to be there. I'm trying to find it out myself as I have been tempted many times to pickup a first gen Cougar. I'd snatch it up if my LTD LX project was done. Bug #2 looks pretty neat as well.

Fuck the link didn't work

www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619

No, not quite, they're still very limited vehicles.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCORE_Class_5

isn't that class 4? I thought class 5 had to be VW engine

Not just VW engines, but any manufactured engine that was originally air cooled, or late model VW 4 cyls.

>trying to climb a hill in your 2WD Tacoma

K

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5996910939.html

About to give up looking for a Montero. 9001 listings for montero sports, only full size Montero that isn't salvage, 200k miles, blown engine, or all three wants for 4000 more than it's worth.

So much for avoiding toyota tax.

>tfw my aunt had one of those with 4x4 and they traded it in for some value towards a dodge avenger

parts availability and durability
they are decent trucks though especially for the price

Was also thinking about an XJ if I can find one in decent condition.
bakersfield.craigslist.org/cto/5988610435.html
Might check this one out and offer 2k if it's still up this weekend
>and if it actually shifts into 4WD
>mfw "never used"

Can't do both beer and scotch for free.

this one reeks of bullshit
all flags are up

>grandma daily driven
>slime all over tires
Yep, it's only 20 minutes from my parents house though, I've got a couple to check out near there this weekend anyway.

Try your best to find a 96 and up, they have better unibody strengthening. It's not crucial, but something to consider.

if im totally honest, personally id buy a monte over an xj. but the xj is the more logical choice in nearly every way

>mfw my rtic cooler just came
time to camp it up this weekend friendos

That pic makes me kek every time

2wd tacoma reporting in!

....i reallu need to get more pics...

>Tfw no limb risers or comfy awning
...or anyone to oberland with nearby

Aight so those LED floods on my bumper actually kinda kick ass compared to my "stock" fog lights

>grandfather has a 1999 Nissan Pathfinder he is getting rid of, wants $2k for it
>180k miles but engine doesn't burn a drop of oil and has been maintained
>has put 7k miles on it in 7 years
>go to look at it since I was pretty sure I was gonna buy it
>2WD

All these people on craigslist that don't understand CA law

So I did some research and found a surprising plethora of trails in my area and a lot of them seem really awesome so I know what I'm doing this weekend

LEDs are great for cheap lighting, this 32" bar was like $45 and it lights everything up real nice

>planning on limb risers, awning, and fender guards for mine

LED floods and fogs shouldn't even be compared. They serve very different purposes.

thats not my rig but awning was one of the best investments ive ever made
limb risers look too try hard for me even though im sure theyre incredibly useful

nigga lets overland this summer

Yeah they don't do well in fog and rain and all that, but luckily in SoCal we don't get too much of that

By "fog lights" I meant my old turn signal housings that I converted into fog lights. They kinda worked but they made better DRLs than actual foglights (not that I use DRLs in the first place)

>They kinda worked but they made better DRLs than actual foglights
Well of course. That's like saying a Prius makes a better sedan than it does a box van. It doesn't matter how you use it, it's still not a box van. Fog light refers to the pattern created by the light. If it doesn't create a fog beam, then it's not a fog light. Fog light doesn't just refer to an extra pair of lights in the bumper that you turn on when you have trouble seeing.

Nice I'm druncc. Taytay is actually so cute sometimes I can't even handle.

Good. What about buying those modded XJs?
Check they're not protected against winter rocking, though.

Because if he's starting university next year, he's probably still in high school right now, heh.

Also yes. Bls Founders when we meet in the spring.

personal supplier =/= importing
YOU come to Canada bae

Then I never had foglights in the first place, don't have foglights now, and these are just a vast improvement over my previous floodlights.

My point being these lights were a good upgrade

Its San Diego. Not only do I not need fogs, but CHP would get me for using auxiliary lights on the street

>Nobody to overland with

Nigga you serious? Look at the fuckin map you got 3 guys close by one of em in the same city quit your bitching

Colorado meet when?

Anybody know of some trails in SoCal? More specifically LA and OC

I've been trying to see if YJ wants to do a meet at a trail in Lake Elsinore (technically not LA but whatever) that's pretty fun, albeit a bit short

El Cariso Truck Trail. Gives you a good view of the lake and it takes you right back up to Ortega Highway

If I buy a truck I'll go with you, I'm in Murrieta. Don't think my spectra will make it through the trail.

Probably not. If we do a meet though before you have a truck I can let you ride in the Taco for sure, though! Don't want anyone to miss out

They have have stopped us from uploading pics, BUT THEY WILL NEVER STOP /ORG FROM BIRBPOSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/"' ̄フ/) 、
,/ ,--、  ̄、__フ //
,ヘl⌒ノ > ,/ /_
( _l_"_ニ_ く_ /) / /
゛ ,> フ、 、、>

Yeah what's up with the images refusing to upload? Is it because of all the avatarfagging?

We can't avatarfag anymore?

Maybe the mods are punishing us for reaching image limit before bump limit 3 threads in a row

>BUT THEY WILL NEVER STOP /ORG FROM BIRBPOSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they did.

Yea... I think they stopped you

wait why cant we upload pics anymore
was it the shitposting?
thats what makes this place great mods BLS

birb test

I haven't had time to figure it out yet taco bro, I don't have plans this coming weekend but that's too short of planning for me, then the weekend after i'm going to TDS, and after that valley of the moon trail with a taco bro with 1tons and 40's. So basically I can't do a meet up for another month.

On another note, fuck phones and planned obsolescence. That shit pisses me off, I've had an s4 for years, and just about 3 months ago I've had to get a new one every month because every single one of them would stop charging. Also fuck apple.

As for you, I know a ton of trails now, but most are closer to SD and all 4wd rated. Are you 4wd or foolish 2wd

Taytest

I still have my BlackBerry from 2013. Planning to get the Priv or Mercury next year.

Hey the only issue with 2wd is occasionally stopping to unstuck them. I wouldn't mind that if I knew the person and if they had a front winch.

Hey do you know if there are modified Jeep rentals in Socal like they have in Iceland?

I don't think so, but there are in moab utah haha. You could just rent a utv out in ocotillo wells if you really wanted to.

>MOAB
Oh lawd. I've heard stories about that and if you think Buckid and his parents are annoying, you gotta try out these designated offroad competition meets.
>MUH 10psi PUTS ME IN 40s SENPAI
>I SWEAR

I mean, I love a frat parties, watching men drive 3m in 2 minutes, and Florida Georgia Line's shitty music as much as the next guy. But there's a certain point... I know, I know. Normies ree.

Maybe I'll try sand jumping from Utah to California one day. we're still planning that Iceland 3day tour with Arctic Trucks' Defender / Hilux rental.

I'll be out at TDS on Saturday afternoon once I get off work, but yeah all my weekends are booked until mid-March anyways so an Elsinore meet would still be a ways off.

>foolish 2wd
:^)

2wd is pretty capable with a locker until you hit low-grip terrain like sand, mud, or snow. Otherwise I've gotten away with some stupid (foolish 2wd) shit just because I'm locked

I concur with the notion that a lot of people really underestimate the ability of 2wd. I bring back my old case of one of my old Burbs where I busted my 4wd after I may or may not have gotten carried away and may or may not jumped it. Even with no 4wd and bald street tires I could get it pretty far, EVEN in low traction stuff like mid and sand. It all comes down to the driver, and knowing where and when to build/conserve your momentum.

I think the problem happened across the whole site. Whatever it was it's fixed now.

>Someone in the same town as me.
Haha you're right. I actually met up with that guy for the first /org meetup haha. He hasn't been around here though, and I'm not autistic enough to track him down.

I'm down for oberlanding! You ever been to Silver lake? It's a bit of a drive for you since it's up north on Lake Michigan, but it's DEFINITELY WORTH IT!

Gonna look kickass! Limb risers would actually be super easy for me. I could just run cables up from the brush guard to the mounds on the roof for the old emergency lightbar.

An awning is in the works, I just need to figure out how to mount it. It looks like they mount on the roof rack cross rails but I don't have any and getting them may be complicated due to the AC unit up top.

Jury is still out on fender guards. Leaning towards them but i would do it after replacing the front bumper which isn't happening for a while.

I am 4wd m8

Only 225 miles from 48428, not too much of a drive for me assuming I get this job and can afford parts.

Keep me in mind.

Sarnia's only 300 klicks from Toronto and 100klicks to Flint. 800km round trip is something I do every month for work so as long as I have Taytay's discography, I'll be good

Come along. But I promise you 2WD lockers aren't going to get you out of these Southern Ontario mud ruts.

We'll just weld the winch hook on your front bumper. It'll save us the hassle (;

I've been looking more and more into these Heep restoration projects now that the weather has reached above 5 degrees.

I wonder if you can get an old rutted out Heep and put an aluminium body on it to save weight.
>$2000 for rotten jeep
>$4000 for new cast aluminium shell
>inb4 just get a suzuki samurai
Well I might be hated and want to kill myself. But at least I'm not a poorfag.

How much do the I-6 YJ softop weigh? That's also a really comfy picture user. Have you pinned yourself on the /ORG/ map?

They make fiberglass tubs for under $2000

discoveryfag checking in

> How much do the I-6 YJ softop weigh?

Not sure desu. Stock jeep with stock sized tires, half doors and a soft top.

And I have not pinned myself on the map

Take the inch, go the mile. Fibreglass is really fucking annoying to work with the second it has a crack. I wouldn't trust the body with it especially when you're being pelted with rocks.
Iunno user. What do you see as the advantage of fibreglass over metal workings?

It's gotten to the point where I would love to buy an old Land Rover just because of the stock aluminium posted Pin yourself, white YJ guy www.zeemaps.com/map?group=2389619

Le wikibaedia says it weighs around 3.2tonnes with the hardtop I*6, 4.2L. Hmm. I wonder if my Taynger Ranger can tow this comfortably for 200+km.

U fakkin wot m8

(Yeah mud is probably my worst enemy besides snow, which I never see anyways)

>>inb4 just get a suzuki samurai

Just get a Geo Trackalacka.

Pic related in its natural habitat (Yankee Boy Basin, Ouray CO)

Anyone else here with some Soviet machinery?

TRACKIE PAL! YOU'RE BACK!! What's Trackalalacking!? Also seems like you missed the samurai copypasta. Does anyone have it to share with the goatherd?

I would actually get a tracker since the thing's like one tonne but they're not very common up here. Also the weird issue of having too small of a wheelbase, heh.
What a nice picture, though. Here's one for you.

Weld a permanent hook from Taynger to Taco. Together forever.

Parts are too annoying to source outside of Eastern Europe and Northern Asia.

Awesome location. I'm just waiting for an opportunity to go back there for a week weeks again.

>Parts are too annoying to source outside of Eastern Europe and Northern Asia.

Yeah i can see that, i get all my parts directly from the military.

But they have quite alot on this site aswell russianspares.com/index.php

I'm pinned m8

Fiberglass doesn't rust, and that's about it.

Oh otay... Aluminium it is.

I wonder how much a titanium body would be. It's my second favourite transition metal right after osmium.

Oh otay! I don't see anyone around you except maybe that guy with the 8th gen corolla. Go meet him.

Oh! Otay! They're really neat to see. I just wish that they had such support outside of those areas.
I mean, with the pricing and import fees, I might as well just get two (if I were buying one in the first place) and use the second one to supplement broken parts off the first. Are they aluminium framed?

Taynger/Taco OTP

>Are they aluminium framed?

Only soviet steel here buddy

>suburban offroading
what engine/tranny combo?
I love the shit out of subbies as they are the ultimate highway eaters but I dont have a clue if they're any good offroad when stock.
I figure they still would since
>yuge V8s
>AWD
>live axles

Touch noses.
Fags.

>Jury is still out on fender guards. Leaning towards them but i would do it after replacing the front bumper which isn't happening for a while.
Yeah I'm not doing fender guards until I build my own bumper and rock sliders, and I'm not doing limb risers until I build my own bumper and roof basket.

>AWD

fug, I mean 4WD
I'm not from the anglosphere so we just use 4x4 all the time for both things anyway