/owg/ - Overwatch General

Chinese New Year event lasts until February 13.

>When does Season 3 end?
Probably late February / early March.

>Live Patch Notes
us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752795395#post-1

>Overwatch Dev Tracker
overstalk.io/

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Discord:
discord.gg/Mzpx4Yh

>Permalink
owg.pleb.pl

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/z5y0kb5c
clyp.it/orh5fi1p
clyp.it/fv1cashl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pharah a thicc.

A cup of justice

Guess what he picked

honzo

Genji?

How long to we want to guess the remade version of First Strike will come out?

How long until the next shit storm?

>bother to set up a new OP and include new information
>have it ready to go
>someone else posts first
That's fine, it happens--
>they went early
ree

Why is healing as Mercy simply the most fun? I don't enjoy playing Hanzo and Widowmaker as much as everyone else seems to, but healing is just so much fun with Mercy.

memes

They want to force their discord link into the OP

They do it all the time. People take it back out, then they post early to put it back in

Is Reaper's end game to finally die and not regenerate

No he wants the pain to stop. Honestly, I think it would be more in character for him to be afraid of death.
He wants the pain to stop and at the same time doesn't want to take the option that would really be the answer to that problem. And he wants others to suffer for his suffering.

Bad players are matched against bad players by their MMR.
It's been months since Sombra was released and her winrate indicates she's comparable to standing around in the spawn point for the whole match.

>Discord

Since fucking when?

We must support Michael Chu and his relationship preferences against the hateful lesbian mob

is it still in maintenance

Angela REALLY likes Amelie

>caring about shipping bullshit

They better gibe free boxes for this downtime

>mfw the roadhog tries to do the hook-cliff-suicide thing but fucks up the hook and just jumps off a cliff

This. I can't believe our biggest discussion in the last month was on this shit.

there's an art to flying about between teammates and keeping them alive while also keeping yourself alive desu
once you've managed to git gud at mercy she's actually pretty fun and viable

clyp.it/z5y0kb5c
clyp.it/orh5fi1p

Who doesn't?

>Hitting multiple pipes in a row

did they fug????

>You must really like me

who the fuck even cares theres a junkrat in the team

clyp.it/fv1cashl

I have like 10x more time on her than any other character. I know she's the girlfriend character but I am gay and enjoy healing but not even the flying, just simply seeing that yellow beam and someone's health pool go right back up.

I always feel like I've failed someone if they die, even if it's from an instant kill like a headshot Widowmaker.

>"A most impressive display."

What does she mean by this?

Sure thing Chu, how about some lore first?

my enemies emp'd is top 8%
my crits per min is top 3%
my damage per min is top 5%

but i still lose 60% of my games with sombra

Sure thing buddy

Not enough follow up on your hacks/emp?

Don't touch me miss Amelie pls

>YOU'RE POWERED UP, GET IN THERE
What do you do?

How much of a big deal with Blizz make of the conclusion of this reconcile arc whenever it happens?

Nah, as someone who isn't even a shipperfag, just a straight up Mercy waifufag, Michael Chu can go hang himself for pulling this kind of bullshit. As soon as Metzen left Chu started shoving his horse shit into the game. Chu is nothing more than a waifufag with too much power and is abusing his station. He is far, far more concerned with making sure that Mercy is his girlfriend than actually writing anything. The story hasn't progressed a single day, Mercy is not even a character at this point, she just exists to acknowledge Genji. What the fuck is the point of this fucking nonsense? Why? Why waste the time and resources for something like this? Only a total retards cannot see what he's trying to do, and I'm at least glad people are voicing their disdain over it even if I don't agree with what they want instead. The story is suffering but oh man gotta make sure Mercy acts ambiguously like Genji's girlfriend because fucking why not?

Chu is the worst fucking thing that has happened to this game's writing without Metzen there to keep his stupid ass in line, and I would literally buy everyone on /owg/ 100 Lootboxes if they fired him.

you bet

Wow, what a response.

I jacked off to young Pharrah photos.

>be american
>move to Europe
>play Overwatch
>encounter crybabbies, trolls, 12y/os, flammers
>Do not encounter people with microphones, people who care about comp, people willing to play healer
>uninstall Overwatch

>using the incorrect translation

i dunno i just think sombra is simply not good enough

one thing i've noticed when playing her is that god damn do i die a lot as her compared to other dps heroes

with all the other typical dps heroes my kdr is like 3-4 but on sombra it's just a bit above 2

i think all the flaws in translocator are the big reason why she sucks. people who haven't played sombra that much complain about her lack of damage but her damage would be fine if translocator got fixed since then you wouldn't die so much

I think that doesn't work anymore. The hook breaks as you fall into your doom.

SPEED BOOST

>nearly a year since recall came out
>tracer still the only one shown to respond

At least I didn't expect anything from the story going in

You think that's impressive?
Check out this grade A character development!

Was Reaper, Reyes' alternate persona while he was in Blackwatch?

>no fucking mention of bastion changes in thread

i fucking hate all of you. every. single. one.

Why do female snipers have lewd fantasies?

What can we do about it?

Now that I think about it, he has been writing more and more of the comics himself instead of leaving it to other writers. Is he trying to make sure only he writes the lore?

It's the only way for the bio to make sense

>being Gold

who cares they are old news the blue post was like what 2 or 3 days ago

talk about them when they are actually testable on PTR

That wouldn't make any sense if that was the case and I don't think that's what Chu's saying. He's just telling him that Overwatch was disbanded 5 years ago.

Reaper's bio suggests there was an evil ghost shifting through battlefields and eating sucking the life his victims for a decade which can't be true.

Reread the first posts retaed

Well it's not really a surprise since he's been *re*writing the lore after Metzen left

How do you practice your fundamentals with some heroes? Do you risk getting bitched at by others in QP or do some of you actually play against AI?

I just had a Hanzo in team in 3vs3 who soloed entire enemy team.Twice in a row
Really made me revaluate my valuates

The sad thing is, is that everyone will just ignore these type of complaints, because, "you are just upset because your ship was ruined" instead of realizing how cringeworthy those lines are.

As a lorefag, I see these lines as putting us on life support. We have gotten shit for story, and the only lore discussion anywhere has been about this fucking shipping. I can't believe I even though there was a story.

Then again the Sombra ARG perfectly summarized it.

>Who is "Anyone in Overwatch"
>You'll never know.

>How do you practice your fundamentals with some heroes?
I sleep with Mercy

What is it with chinese cartoons and nosebleeds?

Nothing other than voicing your hate for it. I don't care for shipping but this is just fucking stupid and he needs to be stopped. This is the most obvious case of self-insert shit I've seen in a long time. It's completely unprofessional and down-right pathetic because it's completely obvious what he's doing. All of this started as soon as Metzen was out of the picture.

>Do you risk getting bitched at by others in QP
yes also i find it laughable that you even consider what other people think of what you're playing in fucking QP

i pick sombra in GM ranked and i CHERISH all the bitching and whine from my teammates

QP with chat off. Even with hard ai they just move too predictably

I can't play since the Dva nerf. Guess I was a shitter all along.

The guy asked a follow up question. If Chu decides to be vague about the answer I hope he tells him that the conflicts between Reaper's bio and Morrison lore are stupidly confusing. Just fix the fucking bio. Admit that it's left over from early development like pic related.

That's what I am thinking. I asked him the follow up question that if this was true but he hasn't responded.

I just noticed that on the wiki bio page they list his first appearance as 6 years ago, not decades. But on their timeline they list 20 years ago. Basically no one knows or gives a shit besides autists like me?

>Not enough spice in this thread
Lets fix that

It's even more obvious because as soon as you say you don't like it and think it's terrible you are automatically labeled a "butthurt pharmacyfag". Chu is the worst type of writer and no one should be defending this type of shit, especially with how blatant and unsubtle it is.

>that bloo
>that voice
>those *dinks*
I can't stop loving/playing blueberry.

That dude was me, I don't think its worth adding to the compilation. I'll tweet him a few days later about further questions and bio irregularities, just to tell him that lorefags aren't dead.

I don't know, I think alot of people on the Blizzard forums don't like it. Granted I don't actually go there.

Nobody knows because Blizzard never hands out actual dates. Everything is decades or "more than x years ago" and things like that. Even the omnic crisis went from 30+ years ago to "around 25 years ago give or take a few". I mean they've said before that they're generally making it up as they go along.

Chu's got no time to write an actual story, he needs to make sure we all know his ship exists.

yeah you were

why not just play another hero, dva was boring anyway

Because Morrison's backstory and what Reaper says in Old Soldiers suggests he was changed into Reaper after the explosion and in his bio it says the Reaper, the one sucking life and ghosting around, has been a threat for decades. It's not even 20 years, it could be suggesting that it's over 20 years for all we know.

Also Reaper has never, in any lore outside his bio, sucked life from anyone. Hell, it says he's systematically eliminating Overwatch agents when one of his shorts shows him being unable to get the list of agents to kill. Not only that, it's shown him only working for Talon thus far, not even exploring his own desires.

Reaper's bio is such a confusing mess.

was a reply to oops

This is the shit that gets me. Once Metzen was gone Overwatch became Chu's fucking fantasy land, things being rewritten, suddenly Genji x Mercy shit starts appearing in the game even when he tries to act like a retard saying it's a "random ship". He fully admitted Genji is his favorite character in the game and was outed as a shipperfag before Metzen. Who unironically defends this kind of behavior.

I went to the forum, the first day there were a lot of good complaints. There was this huge thread which hit the point that they should focus on other things, but it was locked and unlocked and then had its title changed. The title was "On Overwatch Lore and Michael Chu". It was actually pretty civil, but all it came to the conclusion was that there isn't enough lore to explain anything.

Now on the forums someone will just post some shipping art to incite ship wars. No one gives a shit about the lore on the forums.

I wasn't really sure of Sombra's appearance at first but she's really grown on me for whatever reason.

to be honest, it's not a bad idea. Bastion at the moment is incredibly situational and useless without a pocket mercy/rein unless the enemy DPS is completely retarded.

The idea of having him capable of roving around and setting up in a flanking position will make him a damn sight more viable in competitive.

I feel like a huge cock for unironically picking a hero I'm bad at, though.

This was a mistake.

finally someone said it

>Main all of the healers
>will never know that feel

We talked about it before.

It's pretty shit unless the damage reduction is significant.

Otherwise Bastion will just have to retreat immediately upon talking fire, as it is now, only with more chance of getting away.

QP doesn't matter worth of shit (and neither really does ranked to be fair)

it's just a video game

no bully tracer

>ywn get a warm, loving embrace from Satya

>highlight says play of the game instead of play of the match

Wasn't that fixed months ago?

Match is for competitive.

buckle up this gunslingers loaded