/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Forcibly searched for eyes on the inside: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

How high can you level with a bloodtinge build while still remaining in the 98-117 range before you're just an asshole?

PURGE FILTH

>find out I can have my female hunter walk around barefoot
>cant stop jacking off to screenshots of her soles

help

___, ____

Also, is there a generally agreed on optimal bloodtinge build?

wew, lad

14/15/50 Str/Skl/Blt is all you need. 28 Str for big guns, 30 for normal Cannon, 40-50 Vit, base-20 End. Anywhere within 98-117 is fine.

The doll is mine

still looking for someone to help on my Ludwig+Church Pick discovery adventure ;_;

pw is govikes

See, that's what I mean, I was looking for exact values generally agreed to be the best, I know the general ranges. Are the big guns even worth it? They seem impractical and unnecessary.

I'll join ya

Ok guys, how do i Befriending Djura ? i want that brush off dust gesture.

Where are you ringing at, user?

Big guns are fun, Cannons for burst and AoE, Gat for chipping down stuff. It's whatever dude, just go with what you want. The main thing you just gotta have is 50 Blt and min requirements for your weapons with decent Vit.

hold up, im a retard. didnt have Online on. one sec

ringing now in Hunters Nightmare. have shortcuts opened

Cool, I'll be there in a moment m8

I just beat Ludwig with two other anons people. What the fuck?

>Big guns are fun, Cannons for burst and AoE, Gat for chipping down stuff.
Sounds like worthless trash you're never going to hit anyone with. Why would you bother with that instead of just getting more vit?

In that case don't level STR to use them. When your build is done you'll want us to play it for you?

>run past him
>kill bloodstarved
>get kidnapped by baglords
>kill hypogean gaol boss
>open shortcut after boss
>casually stroll through shitsville, doesn't matter if you kill beasts or not, mad cunt can't see you
>climb up ladder and have a chat
>befriend, get shit
>murder him for his clothes which are useful later on
>and nothing of value was lost

do you remember how to get to Ludwig from here? i forgot

I didn't say that, it's just that the lack of respecs means that I'm really wary about putting any points into anything beyond the bare minimum, lest hundreds of hours of playtime go down the drain.
I've deleted 10 characters with 100+ hours played so far because I messed up their builds at some point, so.

Kek, yeah. We have the return to the river where we fought that trio of Bloodlickers. Just follow me

I take that back. 95.

You'd be surprised at how often people get hit by stupid stuff, like a fully charged Kirk R2 or Amy Arm follow up for exemple.

Banking on your opponent being stupid sounds like a poor gameplan. If something isn't necessary to win, it's not worth using and you're better off bolstering your more consistent and reliable options.

Where else would you put the points after getting fiddy Vit? Don't knock them till you've tried them, shooting with the Gat makes everyone spam dodges and if they get up close a cannon shot to the ground is almost guaranteed to hit them.

You can't have 50 vit and 28 strength.

You sound like you'd use the Saif.

what if they shoot you out of your gat

Within the 109-117 range you can.

What's wrong with that?
You sound like a whiny baby, regardless.

yeah ok dude just use the most optimal build in the world with perfect everything. just go to 150, the true meta
you wouldn't even be using a blt build if that was the case. what's the point of you posting

Dodge

Cheap and anti-fun
also dif. user.

so why use the gat if you have to dodge out of it, why not just gunspam

>being this much of a try hard
You'll be right at home with Bloodtinge.

This is not "your opponent being stupid" is "leading them to be stupid", baiting and punishing is a valid strategy. Besides, having variety is never a bad thing given that 50 Vit will give up at most one extra hit to survive, you have to choose between attack and defense. Levels matter nothing when facing a good or bad player.

Alright before I go full austimo
Does some have a pic of % arc/flat arc radial gems
I need to know if these even exist

Shoot after dodging, Gat is quicker than any gun once the bullets start rolling. You don't need to keep shooting with the Gat either, it's mostly for pressure and not as obvious as gun spamming with an Evelyn unless you're holding for more than 5 seconds.

kek, Hibiki you motherfucker

>saif
>anti-fun
>when saws exist
wew

The gat sucks, user. All you have to do is strafe right or hold up the Locke shield to completely neutralize it.

Ebrietas, technically. You can get 24.8% Arc with a +15 Flat secondary.
Or, Brainsuckers for whatever primary and plenty of a Flat Arc secondary.

They are fairly common rate 16-17 9.1% +67.5 with roaming brainsuckers in some layer 1 pthumeru. I didn't bother looking for better ones.

but you can't parry with it and you're just hoping someone will get antsy, strafing easily makes it a joke

Those are tempering
I'm farming them now for arc primary with flat arc

>Ebrietas
>Radial

I don't know if he wants to go THAT autistic.

>Radial
Ignore me, I'm a silly sausage. Can't get Eb in Isz. But you can get Brainsuckers in Ihyll anyways
Don't think you can get that in Ihyll. Try an offshape.

Yes, I misread that. Unfortunately I only got triangles, so the only ones I'd know would be off-shapes.

I use it with the Best Cuter so they get close enough. The problem with the Gat is it's range.

Nah, shields are pretty bad against the Gat since it'll drain your stamina fairly quick. Strafing is really the only problem but like I said it's mainly for pressure.

Then switch to a secondary gun that can parry. Or get enough Arc for Augur.

Arcane is technically part of the Ihyll pool, so Brainsuckers actually CAN drop Arcane primaries. It's incredibly rare, though.

Fuck I don't know what's worse
Farming radial with low chance of arc
Or
Farming boss for oos

Oh well thanks guys

The Saif does everything the saws do but to a whole new level. And the fuckin cancerous dash attacks

>someone strafes around you
>nice now I still have to walk forward to get in range but now I'm doing it in a way that limits my options
sasuga

>pressure.
Yeah really pressuring making me list lazily to the right.

Awesome thanks user

I had a double take when he popped in. Right during the opening cutscene, yeah? Kek, love the guy.

When you're shooting up close its harder to strafe out of it.

If I'm doing a SKL build the reiter is better untricked, right? It seems to be doing more damage that way, at least when testing on random mobs.

Sounds like you haven't dealt with saw spear meta.

Reiter is always skill except the bullet. You shoot with L1 untricked, R2 tricked.

Untricked is mostly Thrust and I'm guessing has more range so I suppose so. Tricked is still pretty good and quick, I don't think the dash r1 untricked is Thrust while tricked is.

Suppose deciding is moveset then. I don't much like losing the ability to charge attack without needing to untrick first.

Untricked does more damage and has more range, but it's slower. Both are affected by skill, the only part that is not is the gun. However with 27.2% gems even the gun will deal ok damage.

Skill/tinge or pure tinge for my next build? I just want to shoot some niggas.

>tfw gehrman is the hardest boss for you

Tricked R1 is pretty good for stun locking humanoid enemies, especially if you get them into a wall. It's also useful if you're focusing on parrying the enemy (on PvP it will make your intentions obvious though). The issue is that the sidestep attack has a pretty weird tracking, so I'm usually untricked unless I'm aiming for those two situations.

Only good Skilltinge is 50/50, so if you aren't going that high go Pure.

I got 37 str and 25 skl right now and I'm thinking about trying out something that isn't the LHB. How much damage would I lose if went with the whirligig?

>this bitch in the church where Amelia was

Pump Str to 50, what do you mean how much damage would you lose? Tricked Whirly isn't Blunt, it's serrated, stunlocks good and has a nice L2. It's primarily a Str weapon.

>tfw going to the research hall for the first time

this place isnt going to be comfy, is it?

so i made a 25/50 str/arc build but i get often memed on it. how is converted stake driver on an arc build?

Sorry if off topic, but how many Hoonters are gonna be playing Nioh next week?

I couldn't find a general for it.

yeah it will
no it wont
>thinking a nioh general will be a thing
>even if it is itll only take afew days for nioh fags to crawl back to bloodborne
:^)

I

>how is converted stake driver on an arc build?
Great.

Fire stake drivers work well with oil urn for the fireworks. And damage should be close to the quality build with two cold abyssals and one fire abyssal. It doesn't lose much without physical since it doesn't have very convenient thrust attacks.

get out with your gay ass webms

:'(

>Making a Parasite twink
>Living Failures are giving me more trouble than Ludwig

What the fuck

Why do you have to try and spread hate? Can't we just all enjoy a new even faster paced soul's game?

Man I can't wait to kusari Gama shit... Wonder how many more weapon types will be in the final game.

Oh and did you nigga see the bit about armor changing or whatever that lets you wear any armor piece while taking the stats of another? Truly fashion is all that matters now...

>he got eileen instead of crowsteel

das more like it m9

Its like you're speaking another language, literally makes no sense.

I'm just assuming that I'm currently dealing more with the LHB due to its B skill scaling and my skill would kinda go to waste on the whirligig making my damage suffer until I can get the str higher

Not a Souls games.

Not even a From game.

He posts that webm every chance he gets. Don't mind it

>playing BB on my new PS4 for about a week
>go back for some casual DaS3
>every boss feels like it's made of paper
I know it's because of the whole gun parry->visceral thing but jesus

This is only my second playthrough, I'm not really familiar with all the NPC's/questlines etc. yet.

What is the deal with these screaming bighead monsters in the Research hall? are they humans who got transformed and mutated?

You're in for a fuckin giggle with him in NG+, trust me

What BL should I go into the DLC at?

>tfw I realized Gehrman wasn't actually the first hunter

Those guys ARE the research. They were trying to make Celestial Emissaries, and the Living Failures are the first step towards perfecting them. But yeah, they used to be people, mutated and transformed through blood.

Remember the ayys in Upper Cathedral? These are the prototypes.