Salary/bonus caps on CEOs?

Had to do a debate in business class in Chicago tonight on whether or not we should put salary caps on CEOs or not.

>forced to be the leader of the team debating that we should have salary/bonus caps on CEOs
>clarify that my real position is that we shouldn't have bonuses, and that CEOs can do whatever the fuck they want
>told the class that if you don't like it, go start your own business and stop whining.
>triggered entire class
>girl looked like she was going to cry
>professor's eyes pop open wide and he looked like he was going to yell at me, but stopped
>kinda feel bad
>do the debate
>purposely make my side lose, because suck my dick liberal faggots
>the debate team who is against putting a salary/bonus cap on CEOs wins after explaining that if the CEO's bonus were distrubted among all of the employees, their hourly wage wouldn't even raise by $1.00
>I declare my team losers and chuckle at them

What's your opinion? Should CEOs have salary/bonus limits?

Of course not. A CEO is paid what he's worth. A company exists for the sole reason of making money. The board of directors would not be paying a CEO $100 million if he was not adding > $100 million worth of value to the company.

OP here

I meant to say that my position is that a CEO's salary should not be capped, and the entire class got triggered. I fucking hate Chicago.

Is wanting a cap on CEO's bonuses a liberal stance or something? Holy fuck, I didn't even know this was a thing that people were campaigning for.

The rest of the country cannot be this cucked.

>liberal stance or something
yes... liberal...

That's what i was trying to tell them, that it isn't a capitalist ideal. Yet they all say "I love America!".

Fucking retards.

Don't worry about salary caps for CEO's because you will never become one at your rate.

Yeah, laughable.
Legislation like this exists to serve political ends, nothing more. Those with the expertise in the given field quickly find a work around that accomplishes the same thing, making said legislation worthless. Politicians are the only beneficiaries, as they can point to this kind of shit as justification for their wages.
Oh, and I guess lawyers benefit too, as usual.

>professor's eyes pop open wide and he looked like he was going to yell at me, but stopped
>>kinda feel bad
>>do the debate
>>purposely make my side lose, because suck my dick liberal faggots
>>the debate team who is against putting a salary/bonus cap on CEOs wins after explaining that if the CEO's bonus were distrubted among all of the employees, their hourly wage wouldn't even raise by $1.00
>>I declare my team losers and chuckle at them
And then when your professor fails you, you're going to whine on the internet about how you failed because you refused to be some liberal cuck, and how college is just leftist brainwashing.

Come back after you've spent seven years as a wageslave

Nearly every member of my family is self-employed. I kinda sympathize with the CEO making too much, but holy fuck get over it. They have a higher position than you do. You're not as good as them. It's not your business. They're worth more than you are.

Go home and fucking cry about it. I worked for $10 an hour for like 4 years straight before I started my own business. I taught myself computer coding and started teaching guitar lessons.

These sad sack pieces of shit want to sit around on their whiny asses and bitch about the CEO? Then go home AND LEARN A FUCKING SKILL. Start doing your service on the side until you get enough business and you can quit.

Maybe I'm an ignorant 24 year old who doesn't know what he's talking about, but holy fuck I hate the bitching.

He won't fail me, my work is solid. I've been getting consistent A's/B's. It's funny because I'm three classes from graduating and I've kept my mouth shut this long, but I can't anymore. These people need to suck a big fat cock.

I don't want to be one, but I know somebody who is one, and I have respect for them. I don't want to take their wages because I'm jealous. Even when I was making minimum wage for years on end. They put in the years of education and hard work, and I didn't. So they get the fucking money.

>seven years as a wageslave
Wasn't that a movie?

Man I wanted to speak up in class all the time but I held it in. People literally study economics in classes they paid huge sums of cash to attend and then they read some shit in the daily mail about >muh corporate greed and then immediately fucking disregard all the academic shit they learned and spew Bernie crap.

CEO's do so much fucking work it's insane. Even my boss does like 3x more work than me, and he does it better with less errors. I can't even imagine what the people 5 more levels up do

It's just a complete lack of respect and a high level of self entitlement with these fucktards. and they are ALL women spewing this garbage. Fat, ugly, unskilled women bitching about this shit.

>Held it in

Was it worth it? I know I should just shut the fuck up, but after watching the election cycle occur in Chicago, I realized that people actually have strong opinions without having a clue what they're talking about, and very often too.

It's like I get tourettes when I see these people flapping their fat ugly faces, so arrogantly too.

I only brought it up because they started saying that "anybody who doesn't want a cap on CEO bonuses is an idiot!"

It was never that bad in the Finance classes because the professors weren't idiots, but the international business and HR classes that everyone has to take were so painful. You had to just like, completely block all senses for the 2 hours you were in there. Probably worth it, they won't change their minds anyways--or get real jobs.

My big time boss owned supermarkets. Kenny Family ShopRites. Rich as a motherfucker.

I've met him a couple times since he came into my work and he was respectful and courteous. Gave us all free fountain drinks.

But could I ever reach his level of success? No. Not even close. This man had such balls that his landlord said to him "nah, your lease doesn't allow renovations" so he bought the entire fucking shopping center and told the landlord to kiss his Irish ass.

>He won't fail me, my work is solid. I've been getting consistent A's/B's. It's funny because I'm three classes from graduating and I've kept my mouth shut this long, but I can't anymore.
You failed the assignment though.

>These people need to suck a big fat cock.
You're such a smug little cunt, You're acting like you're so much smarter than everyone around you, like you're the enlightened one, even though the groups were ASSIGNED. Yes, drag everyone else down that agrees with you, simply because they're doing what they're supposed to do in debates! I'd be mad but I can tell with your attitude you're never going to hold a job for more than a year at a time, so I'm ok.

You think that's bad? Try sitting through some real estate classes. My instructors were fucking morons. Especially the main one. We had a guy come there who was a mortgage broker and I asked him about the subprime mortgage crisis and he looked at me like I had three heads. Only one that seemed to know anything was the home inspector. That dude was chill.

As a taxbro I can imagine dozens of way to circumvent such regulations.

Such as paying in special stocks and dividends.
Hiring the CEO and paying a business owned by the ceo.
Lobbyists often pay politicians by offering them high paying jobs after they are done.
But you can also just have multiple jobs. You can offer the guy a second job every year with a salary based on his performance the year before.
There are endless ways to obfuscate money trails through businesses or foundations, especially if you need certain services done.

And if you finally manage to get the CEOs the business just goes abroad.

He reminds me of those little asswipe kids I went to school with that were in Business Professionals of America.

High School sure is an exciting time in a young mans life.

>The rest of the country cannot be this cucked.

>advocates the cucking of the working class because he thinks he will one day become a ceo.

protip for success: just let your dad give you a small loan of 10 million dollars. Anybody can do it :^)

I also own my own business and the great thing about it is the freedom and flexibility that it brings.

Just let the politicians talk. As long as you arent dependent on them it doesnt have to influence you in any way.

And from a moral perspective its really none of their business what the owner or stock holders do with their money.

CEOs are just puppets to their shareholders. The real problem lies not with how much they earn but what they are allowed to spend it on.

I was perfectly fine until both sides were laughing and bashing on anybody who thinks CEOs don't need a bonus cap before the debate even began. All smugly laughing and jerking each other off for reciting NPR talking points they heard on the way to class. I sat there and created 10 arguments for why we need a pay cap for a half an hour, and they helped me with some stats/ideas and figures. Then I lead the debate. They needed a smug piece of shit to ruin the whole thing for them, they can suck a fat cock.

They weren't interested in achieving anything, just doing a big fat libtard circle jerk. They had no idea that anybody on planet earth disagreed with a pay cap, maybe just rednecks in the "big mean racist trump states".

>hold a job

I have a web design business and I teach guitar lessons. Maybe I'll shoot for a salary job after I graduate, but I'm great with people when I need their money. I'm fine with work and I've held management positions for 2 years at a time.

I'm from the working class.

My father was a construction worker and my mother was a prviate music teacher. That's why people need to shut their little faggoty mouths. My father never had a fucking CEO over him, because he wasn't a faggot.

Don't like your CEO? Start a landscaping business. Oh, you don't like that because you want to sit in your office cubicle and do administration work? Okay, shut your disgusting face then.

>b-b-b-but I want paid vacation, a $5 raise, health insurance, and weekends off for my job where I sit at a computer and organize papers!

KYS DUMBFUCKS

wink.scr

My opposition to CEO pay is more about how Wall Street pressure to raise stock prices incentivizes CEOs to go for short-term profits, and not go for investments and strategy that will benefit the company in the long run.

>but holy fuck I hate the bitching.
You know what you're doing in this thread?

Because your dad was a drop out loser. Construction workers are the lowest tiered tradesman ever and your mother likely made more than he did

Find a fucking bridge and jump off of it.

Also coding and teaching guitar lessons isn't a business, faggot.

I've done eCommerce sales since 2011.

You're just some hack who learned some code from Codecademy

he grew his business and made a long string of smart investments.

20 more years of blowing your boss down at the office! Keep dreaming of retirement pussy!

I work for myself, pussy.

Ever since 2011. Just sold a watch to a person in Fresno. Before that, sold an iPhone to a person in NY.

What the fuck are you doing besides bitching like you've got a pair of tits and a vagina between your legs, bitch?

Oh, forgot that I sold a broken MacBook Air to someone as well. All within a couple of months.

If if can be sold, I can fucking sell it. Meanwhile, you're teaching autistic kids how to play Wonderwall.

People give me money to do things. Sounds like a fucking business, moron.

>just some hack

I make money 100% on my own merit on my own time at an age where most people don't have a clue what they're doing.

You sound pretty obnoxious OP. It's just a stupid debate for school, you sound about as bad as a leftist who is strongly opposed to conservatives. Before you jump to conclusions I don't support a salary cap on CEOs.

We can agree that generally CEOs work very hard to do their job. But I think it's important to understand where the every day man's frustration stems from when it comes to CEOs and the amount they're paid.

I think after American taxpayers bailed out the banking sector in 2008 and then heard about the bonuses banking executives received for the same year it annoyed people, to say the least. I can empathize with that frustration.

I think that's what really built the contempt many people have for corporate executives today. The notion that people in positions of huge authority and influence can be absolved of their responsibility because they're well-connected/have money.

Like others have pointed out, a salary cap is a stupid knee-jerk reaction to attempt to address a problem that will easily be circumvented in numerous ways.

So you count that as a business?

Do you have a business license?

An LLC?

How do you process your payments? If cash, are you a 1099?

Come on, asswipe. Answer some hard questions.

You're a college kid in Chiraq and I guarantee that you're some liberal bitch that would get squashed like an ant.

Now shut the fuck up and get off of this site.

>bitching about bitching
Sounds like you're bitching about me bitching, bitch

>I sell broken shit
Sounds like you're a fat Romanian in a pawn shop

>you teach Wonderwall
I just released an album that has been a #2 best seller on a certain website.
Also, I like teaching kids and I like making $30 cash an hour doing it

I can name a list of CEOs that have taken little if any salary at all. Most CEOs make their money in stock options

>hurr I've never sold anything in my life before
You're not rich, never going to be rich, and never were rich. You think like a poor person

Oh and the MacBook Air? Needed a new LCD, faggot. I sold it for $500. Not too bad considering it was useless to me and I got another computer right after it.

Stick to being a liberal arts major punk, nigga.

>LLC
>DID YOU FILE UR PAPERZ WIF DA STATE

No, I didn't faggot. Fuck LLC it's pointless

>HOW U PROCESS TEH PAYMENTZ
>HARD QUESTIONS

Haha dude kill yourself holy shit

I'm from rural Michigan, not liberal

I'm 24. Of course I'm not rich.

>sold a macbook air
uh..alright. I had a commission sales job for 2 years and had the highest sales numbers in the region for 3 months straight. Now I have a best selling album at a time when music doesn't even sell. As well as getting paid to make websites, which is literally a sale. I'm also getting a business degree

F A T ROMANIAN P A W N S H O P

You go to school in Chicago. I'm surprised your ass isn't a statistic. I hope you're a nigger because no White man should be this stupid. Unless you're a White girl than you can kindly fuck off.

But seriously, how do you process a payment if someone gets a lesson from your idiotic ass? Through Square? PayPal? Tell me, genius. I wanna know. Tell a guy that's been in sales for six fucking years how it all works.

>commission sales
I worked in real estate. You don't impress me nor does your little Soundcloud bullshit either.

>HE'S GETTING A BUSINESS DEGREE
Holy fuck, you can't write this shit.

You can't even handle a fucking class that was debating salary caps on CEOs and corporate executives. Goddamn, kid. Please off yourself.

Guitar: physical cash
Web Design: PP

even niggers use PP. Not sure what that has to do with anything.

>soundcloud
It's not soundcloud.

I didn't need to handle it.

So you took the F like the bitch you are.

And if you're making physical cash, you have to file taxes on it, pal. Especially if you're advertising a service.

t. tax preparer also

Probably get an A or a B. Don't be mad because I got to say whatever I wanted and not suffer the consequences

>T-T-TAXES OKAY

Dude what is your point. There is absolutely nothing complicated legally about having a small business/service

Then why the fuck are you going to college? You're 24. Should be done already, you goddamn loser.

>LLC?
>P-PAYMENT METHOD
>o-ok..TAXES THO?
>well..YOU'RE 2 YEARS LATE

Dude horrible trolling geez

Well you obviously don't know what an LLC is and just for that, shouldn't be on here.

You don't say how you take payments at all or how much taxes you pay whatsoever so I kinda think you're a fucking liar right off the bat.

You clearly know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about how the BUSINESS world works and all you know is your loser ass philosophical bullshit that your libarts college has taught you as well as your fuck-up parents who have never been successful in their lives.

If you wanna prove everyone wrong, show me a fucking tax return, boy. Show me what you made last quarter. OH WAIT YOU CAN'T. Because you have NO CLUE what the FUCK I'm even saying.

nigger/10

Sage this shit thread to page fucking 10.

LLC is as good as nothing. If you get sued, it won't do shit. It's just an extra couple hundred dollars to make your business sound more "legit".

I told you how I take payments. There's nothing to it.

Okay let me post my tax returns on here brb

OP, here's something to think about.

If you can't argue both sides of a debate effectively, you don't understand the issue.

CEOs should not be allowed to serve on each other's compensation committees.

> purposely made my team lose
Sure thing you stupid faggot.

YES!!! PLS do it you fucking commie retards. More jobs and more money to Texas is all im hearing!!

This. You're classmates probably have no respect for your opinion after seeing your poor debating skills. You didn't help your cause if you let the other side win with shitty arguments.

Absolutely not. But we should tax any income gain over $2,000,000 at 75%.

I love bait like this.

>>purposely make my side lose, because suck my dick liberal faggots
>>I declare my team losers and chuckle at them
If you are really this autistic you are the kind of person who deserves cancer

Chicagofag here. It sucks that success is looked down upon. Almost every student that doesn't study business thinks we're all scum and that we have no value.

I like to feed on their hate.

Business degrees are one of the few bachelor's degrees that will actually help get you a job. Every other field requires a masters or PhD to get a fucking job.

People who talk shit on business degrees are plebs. yeah I get it, engineering is cool. But business is good too.