Do you think God exists ? If yes, then why ?

Do you think God exists ? If yes, then why ?

Don't know if he exists or not, but just to stay on the safe side I will say he does.

Which God?

Not nessecary Abrahamic God or other religions. Just an Omnipotent Being

*necessary

I subscribe to the simulation theory, yes, I believe that there is an omnipotent being which is a computer. Which is probably also inside a computer. And so on.

The only logical answer anyone can come up with is 'I don't know'.

No, there is no good reason I can see to assume one does

intelligent response

I believe god exists because of how majestic and infinite space is

To conceive that something like the sun or jupiter could just be formed by chance seems ridiculous to be

Also the parallel symmetry of atoms and galaxies, micro to macro levels seems like their is a greater design to life

>To conceive that something like the sun or jupiter could just be formed by chance seems ridiculous to be
Well we pretty much know how those objects form, at least in a general sense. Their "beauty" only exists in your head

>we know

m8 we have theories that still need evidential proof

until we show how a sun forms or definitively show the layers and the internal fusion of atoms
its all speculation

Even our bodies are formations of vibrations and particles, but sit in the form of solid mass, and the particles of air into the lungs.

It is amazing how at microscopic levels and scientific explanations, how it all goes together

We also forget to really look at it, even if we process all the information of the objects, we just quickly deny anything outside of our conclusions. The idea that our live, altered in someway by higher life, over time, with knowledge on the necessary elements needed to create and sustain life, all life, it amazing.

cool point

its like how light can be photon packets and wavelengths simultaneously

>m8 we have theories that still need evidential proof
I said we "pretty much know... in a general sense" which we do

>We also forget to really look at it...
I have no idea what you are trying to say

Popsci really is cancer

Some type of superior consciousness, that programmed everything from the start (well, it's possible), but not the god of any of the religions that are presented nowadays.

Yes.

St. Thomas' five ways to start.

Even cosmic masses, are all formed in such a way. The way of things, even outside of their own observed creation, amount to even more all the time.

Science is important, and what is more important is the things it cannot explain. Science can tell us what everything that a plant is, but can never tell us everything about the plant, because they just don't actually know anything about the plant. The could say "plants are not conscious because" when really the plant is sustained by the same source of energy that keeps the human alive.

My god will not punish you for not believing him. But he will punish you for believing another god. What do you do?

>safe side
if the god you worship is nice and humble, you should fear nothing.
Im willing to accept the possiblity of deism. but it doesnt affect my life decisions.

Okay but we don't know who this god is or if he/her/it's "good" or not. I will still believe in whatever is up there, if him/her/it is real, just to be on the safe side as I said before.

I cannot necessarily be a certain atheist, which is why I am uncertain, as the former would imply that I'm somewhat "better" than this thing that created the Earth and all life.

And I don't want to displeasure it in anyway, which is why I don't understand why atheists of certainty would dismiss it/him/her. It's rather foolish to dismiss something you don't know about, which is why you cannot be certain.

Just believing is not good enough, most religions require you to go to religious assemblies, follow religious rituals, and pay a tithe. Surely you would do that to be on "the safe side".

Seen this before. it's pretty shitty