6 page essay due tomorrow

I need help finding good statistics and facts on why electric vehicles are good. Any ideas?

if you were assigned a 6 page essay on why electric vehicles are better than ICE you should drop out of that class/school as it is shit. Honestly you could do it with a few paragraphs.
1 efficiency. The amount of fuel consume to do x work. Include the cost of maintaining the electric grid vs fuel stations and fuel delivery.
2 energy used in production of the vehicle.

I have no idea how you are supposed to bloat that into 6 pages.. and anybody that suggest doing so should be fired or expelled.

Thanks kind sir right now I've managed to spew shit barely reaching the 3rd page and I kinda ran out of ideas

throw in the economic impact of retraining works to assemble electric cars and the loss of employment for mechanics. Sight some luddite stuff, that will get you another page.

Aye that's a good idea I've just talked about how the middle east will rot to shit.

wont the middle east rotting to shit just worsen the discord there?

i mean, i guess at least then they wont have the money to get their hands on anything dangerous.

Yes I briefly talked about the good and the bad of the middle east.

Good? In comparison to what? Gas vehicles?

i mean, they're not really, unless you never plan to go further than 115-something miles away from your house, they're just as good as any other gas vehicle.

the main drawbacks of electric vehicles are infrastructure and refueling speed. they're also apparently pretty fucking expensive to repair (teslas at least)

the positives are what? They've got better torque/acceleration? They're cheaper to refuel? they're silent?

You can always use the typical liberal argument of "MUH ENVIROMANT" or something, because global warming is, of course, unquestionably caused by humans and nothing else.

Maybe you can say big-daddy government will provide you with gibsmedats for buying an electric vehicle.
The main reason i personally think electric vehicles are good is because its creating a demand for better batteries, more capacity, shorter charge times, ect. which will inevitably carry over to phones and other mobile devices

Which means, in the future, i might be able to play my switch for 10 hours with 20 minute recharge times.

They are not really that great from an environmental standpoint.
It runs off of electricity made by coal and the batteries are shit for the environment.

>Actually plays the shwitz
The range they can go is 200-300 miles
The refueling speed is really slow about an hour at the shortest
But electric cars aren't as green as some people think because most people get their electricity from fossils fuels
Yeah electric cars do have instant torque which is all I care about to blast someone on a red light

Some random ideas: Pollution becoming more centralized instead of so widespread everywhere.

Not having to dispose of engine oil, brimming with 3000+ miles of combustion toxicants. Seriously, that shit is obnoxious. You could probably do six pages just on that.

Less platinum and rare earth mining for use in catalytic converters, right? That might be a trade-off for copper motor windings, though.

Those motors are smaller and easier to fit, right? I don't know much about electric. But a smaller powerplant can be positioned to have a more advantageous center of gravity, more room for luggage, smaller overall dimensions, etc.

I'm scraping at this point. You don't have to wait for VTEC to kick in..? Unfunny joke aside, lowest-end torque is what pleases most normie drivers so that is a point. Because really, through gearing, ICE powerplants could be more efficient if we were willing to more patiently wait for them to reach higher RPM.

>i need to find stats to fit my current opinion

It's supposed to go the other fucking way around. No wonder my country is going to fucking shit. The tail wags the dog.

>The range they can go is 200-300 miles
i said 115 miles because im assuming you'd be going somewhere and then returning to your house without refueling.

>The refueling speed is really slow about an hour at the shortest
this is the biggest thing for me, i go on 300+ mile trips quite often, i dont think i could stand waiting that long to refuel

>But electric cars aren't as green as some people think because most people get their electricity from fossils fuels
No, the fact electric vehicles are completely clean is a meme, though i dont know if they're better or worse (in terms of pollution) than gas vehicles.

>Yeah electric cars do have instant torque which is all I care about to blast someone on a red light
Hybrid sports cars are the future man, electric engines for torque, gas for speed.

Consider throwing a wrench in your paper and talk about hydrogen power instead?

TOYOTA MIRAI OUTTA FUCKEN NOWHERE

>Encourages investments in innovation
This is usually a plus. Turning gov't handout and venture capitalist monies into long-term human acheivements.

>Hybrid sports cars are the future man, electric engines for torque, gas for speed.
This. I patiently waited for Toyota's "possibly hybrid Supra model" and all I got was a flat-four econobox with fender flares and a water-powered Prius with a "urinate" button.

Okay, those are pretty neat, but my body is ready for the hybrid sports car.

Thanks I haven't thought about where we dispose oil

A electric cars doesn't sound good for your needs but people in the city or suburban areas would be beneficial

We have been talking about both sides but I need to focus on the good

It's called devil's advocating and it's not a useless concept in both debate, brainstorming and reasearch.

faster than ice cars.

here's a good idea, use Google you fuckin idiot we aren't here to write a paper for you

You're looking in the wrong place, this place is full of luddites who still think every car should be carbureted with no ABS, traction control, manual transmission, and will deny obvious evidence of the electric car's increasing presence on the world's roads

>Thanks I haven't thought about where we dispose oil
it gets burned or turned into another kind of oil/ oil fuel.

Pollution

Social benefits from less pollution and ICE noise. Could mention people living by major roads

Crossover to other industries. mention Tesla powerwall/that new energy storage project in CA

Battery improvements plays in to above as well, could be another section too

Forces innovation from generally stagnant mainstream automakers

Reduction of fuel refinery plants. Plays into pollution but is also a health effect for locals

Reduced maintenance

Less petrodollar income, could write a entire paper on how oil is at the root of the current middle east turmoil.

Economic impacts of lithium mining, generally in areas that had little economy before (nevada)

>I need help finding good statistics and facts on why electric vehicles are good.

Regenerative braking
No transmission loss as with ICE
Direct coupling
Useful inside large buildings where emissions create breathing hazards for people or can damage items being stored.
Centralized weight distribution unlike ICE where the weight is up front.
Lowered weight distribution since batteries are low to the ground compared to ICE. This allows for entire car chassis not needing to be inches off the ground just to get an ICE lower to the ground.

>I need help finding good statistics and facts on why electric vehicles are good
lol, there not, they're shit.

>I've managed to spew shit barely reaching the 3rd page and I kinda ran out of ideas

>Change font size
>???

>though i dont know if they're better or worse (in terms of pollution) than gas vehicles
I don't have a link but the conclusion I saw was "it depends". If you live in a rural area, for example, it would increase pollution as the cars put more workloads onto power plants. In urban regions, it reduces pollution as the power production is offloaded somewhere else.

That said, solar has gotten substantially cheaper, to the point that it's began to rival natural gas. That's just one form of the "alternatives", too.

>I've managed to spew shit barely reaching the 3rd page and I kinda ran out of ideas

I'm gonna be a brain surgeon and randomly make cuts until I run out of ideas.

I'm gonna be an engineer and make spew out designs until one of them works.

I'm gonna become an automotive tech and make lots of random repairs to your car and make you pay for them. You also need a new air filter for $40 and engine flush too. And your cat is bad.

>That said, solar has gotten substantially cheaper, to the point that it's began to rival natural gas. That's just one form of the "alternatives", too.

Solar can work if all the electric car companies standardize on a common system of replaceable electric packs instead of one single massive pack that only the manufacturer can winch out and replace. Then packs can be recharging at home while the car is out driving. When the owner gets home, he replaces packs with the charged ones and the combination solar and commercial power charge controller finishes charging both the car and any external packs using solar first.

Generally, solar arrays would resell the power to the electric grid for credits to offset the cost the homeowner incurs to charge the electric car. That would also benefit from green subsidies. Tesla owns a large solar power company, so it could be a one-stop shop to also sell solar power arrays.

The only problem is that chinese copycatting makes all the companies not want to spend much on research. The chinese simply wait and steal the tech and then create products to sell at a low price thus cutting out all value of intellectual property research and development.

Easiest and least-political answer:
DC motors have fewer vibrations and fewer moving parts than ICE engines meaning that when properly engineered, they are more rugged and low-maintenance

LOW END TORQUE

ONLY ADVANTAGE OVER PETROL CARS

I found some great stats on the Micronesia Wikipedia page about Electric cars. You can use them to make your paper A+ double good €£¥$

34% of Teslas are used for Traveling Door-to-Door Dildo Sales.
95% of Prius owners wish to become Traveling Dildo Salesmen.
19% of Volt owners are unladen African Swallows.
12% of the energy used by Teslas could be produced by recycling 60% of the Nissan Leafs on the road.
8% of the Prius vehicles contain 97% of the escaped mental patients of the Island of Aruba.
15% of Chevy Volts weigh more than 67% of the worlds population of Vietnamese Spider Falcons.
If you stacked every Prius end to end, it would be taller than every Chevy volt stacked up with every blue whale in the ocean.
71% of the batteries of Teslas will end up recycled into personal sex robot batteries.
61% of Nissan Leaf owners are unconcvicted sex offenders.
44% of Prius owners accidently relieve themselves in thier car at least 3 times a year.
The volume setting of a Tesla radio goes 12% higher than the Ford GT, and 33% higher than the Bugatti Veyron.
Drivers of electric cars are 89% more likely to die in an electric car crash than drivers who do not drive electric cars who only die in electric cars 54% more than people die from rider horses per mile in 1873 in Westphalia.
The moon is not made of cheese (77% certainty)
Abe Lincoln was shot in Fords Theater. John Kennedy was shot in a Lincoln. Your mom was shot in my Tesla.
38% of these stats have been proven to a 81% scientific certitude.
Japan spelt backwards is Napaj. Your mom bent over backwards sucks my dick.
Elon Musk stole Roswell tech from Area 51.
48% of the earths electric vehicles are gay, 12% are normal, and 40% haven't decided thier sexual orientation.
If you crashed 10^37 Nissan Leafs into the sun simultaneously, it would do something.

Please use these facts and stats wisely OP.

>cheap as fuck to run
>reliable, assuming it isn't a tesla
>very very little maintenance (which feeds into the above two)
>the ceiling on range and efficiency and power is WAY higher in the long run, since it's mostly down to battery chemistry

big disadvantage
>Really annoying tesla fanbase mades the whole segment look bad and gets Veeky Forums panty punished

>I need help finding good statistics and facts on why electric vehicles are good.

How are you going to learn when you only put in the minimal effort? And then you just sort of shit out insincere words just to fill up pages to turn in?

tesla could have make the ultimate mememachine but they made ipads with wheels.

That's like 99% of school (to include college) here. Goes hand in hand with worthless degrees and the drive for free tuition.