/sgg/ Space Games General

Ship-fu edition

This general is for sharing your space game experiences and celebrating our favorite setting for a game. 2d and 3d space games are welcome.

If you don't see your game, reply to the thread and tell us about it. Please post screenshots of what you are playing, especially if you don't see it being discussed.

This thread is meant to be as comfy as possible to enjoy the best of games set in space. Please no baggage from other generals or shitposts about incomplete alphas.

There are three requirements for a game here.

>The game happens substantially in space, that is the main thrust of the game is travel and activity in space. Using space as a loading screen is not good enough, a single level of a campaign is not good enough.
>The game must be playable in some form. Pre alpha release discussion is fine, however we want to avoid endless shitposts and theorycrafting about games that are months and years away.
>There is not a general already for it. Mentioning a feature from a game with it's own general for comparison sake is fine. This is not a refuge thread for dads and goons.

Not a requirement, but as a courtesy, please identify which game you are talking about, either the filename, watermark or text in the pic, or in your post. Please don't make us ask.

>Pastebin of space games(thx /scg/edg/ for the list. we will improve and lengthen it):
pastebin.com/cugkem8w

Post your ship-fu, your most reliable and trusted captain, your entire fleet, or the most scenic place you have been.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lCgwlcbK4wM
blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=87588
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for dads

I'd talk about Star Trek Online but I'm so bored of it I don't even want to talk about it.

I hate grind so much.

Don't mind me, just posting the best space RPG game.

Includes:
>Rocketships
>Turn-based Ship-to-Ship battles
>Boarding
>Turn-based combat
>Spooky as fuck derelict spaceship with "aliens"
>Exploring the Inner solar system
>6 Man party ala D&D

>Story:
The game centers around a longstanding war between Earth and Mars, more specifically between two organizations, the Earth-based New Earth Organization (NEO), and the Mars-based Russo-American Mercantile (RAM). The militaristic and dictatorial RAM, backed by a powerful army of genetically engineered soldiers, has been laying siege to Earth for years. NEO, effectively an organized resistance movement, is forced to operate out of secret bases on the surface of Earth and in orbit in its uphill battle for human freedom.

The game begins as the player-created party joins the ranks of a desperate NEO. After an introductory briefing, the NEO facility is discovered and attacked by RAM rocketships and troop transports. The actual gameplay begins and the player's first goal is to repel the RAM attack.

I'm doing the event right now. It's still ok. Are you getting the Lukari ship?

>1990
Very eclectic. Does that game still run?

I got like 520 tokens so far, it's just annoying.

My favourite RPG as a kid. I saw some guy making a HD remake not long ago but I can't find any details on it.

I don't disagree that the events are annoying. Risa can be fun if there are lots of people at the event.

I'm ok with a STO general if that's what more people want to talk about.

>post crews

I just can't be arsed. The only reason I grind is to not fall behind. I don't even use the ships except for admiralty system.

Get behind on what? I'm just a casualfag at STO. Is it really worth going 10/10 to have it all? What am I missing?

youtube.com/watch?v=lCgwlcbK4wM

Nah but I don't want to be a noob without epics.

>tfw you're a noob without epics.

Also, Buck Rogers runs in DosBox, I think. The title screen does anyway.

The music must be something of a guilty pleasure of mine, I know it sucks, but I still kind of like it. Especially that battle music, if you could call it that.

Any genesis emulator or Dosbox depending on which version.

It's amazing what they were able to do back then. This is a good time to be into space games for sure.

blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=87588

Space is fun
Kerbal is fun
Squad is fun

a

Post comfy probes

holy fuck that is comfy

Nice. How bad is the learning curve on that? The videos I watch looked like a lot of experiments went into making that work.

its a roleplaying game mostly

>looks like a pretty peaceful place.
What game?

How so? Do you have to work up to what you have?

they tried to implement something like that and failed

It's not hard, just sort of time consuming. Buggy too, which can directly increase the time spent playing exponentially.

Kerbal Space Program, in orbit of Minmus. There's a career mode where you do contracts to get money to launch rockets to do more contracts.

The contracts are extremely arbitrary, ranging from testing a jet engine on the surface of the moon, seeing what a landing gear does when it's flying past something or sending a tourist on a 50 year journey to visit every planet.

KSP is deep as fuck. I know nothing.

>post more senpai

Pirate ksp if you really want to play it. It's not worth the money.

The mods are what make the game worth visiting

I'll buy it when it goes on sale. I would pay half what they are asking.

Is there any combat?

There's a mod that adds ai enemies but I've never tried it. You are alone in the ksp universe.

>

Who else Rebel Galaxy?

Not from a specific game, but pic related is somehow what I want in spess game, but I don't know why.

Playing vidya in my spaceship waiting for whatever just seems so incredible.