Those 10 beats your heart skips when you're speeding over 120 mph on a dead highway at 2:32 AM in the morning and...

>those 10 beats your heart skips when you're speeding over 120 mph on a dead highway at 2:32 AM in the morning and suddenly your radar detector starts going crazy when the cruiser's headlights merge from that junction you just passed 3 seconds ago

Other urls found in this thread:

transportation.ky.gov/Highway-Safety/Documents/PointSystem.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

FUCK

>using a radar detector
It's like you want to get in trouble with the law

LISTEN TO HEARTBEAT

>Slow down to the speed limit
>chuck valentine in the glove box
>are you sure it was me officer
>yeah but are you sure
>a couple of cars passed me earlier
>are you sure it was me

>>are you sure it was me
Yes, sir. I have you on my dash cam and I can show it in court if you would like to see it so bad.

>dash cam
>2:30 am
>car flies past at 200kmh-1
>are you sure that was me tho officer

>being this retarded

there are street lamps on the highway user and your car most likely had enough lights illuminated to be recognized...

>230am
And it's winter in the states at the moment so dark as fuck
>120mph
200kmh-1 past a stationary trooper on a county funded 720p 30fps dash cam
>street lamps, bumper plate lights
>ever being enough to overcome tail light glow on a moving car at an angle to the viewer

Unless OP was the only car visible anywhere and the trooper was able to keep line of sight the whole time, creating reasonable doubt would be easy.

Nothing illegal about them officer

AM I BEING DETAINED

>having any vehicle slower than a police cruiser

Get back on the throttle and hit the nearest exit. Good fuckin luck even getting sight of the plate

You are already travelling at 120 mph he has a lot of speed to gain to even get near you

>wanting cops to hate you

>Implying they don't already hate me for no reason

>You are already travelling at 120 mph he has a lot of speed to gain to even get near you
aren't police cars stupid fast tho? like sleepers

If you can do better than 155 you're safe. Police aren't going to chase you over 130-140, they don't want the risk. They will call in other officers but if you can get enough distance you'll be fine.

crown vics are slow, and most of the cop chargers are V6

the officers around here don't actually have dash cams.

dash cams are a meme for inter-city police officers

>Police aren't going to chase you over 130-140, they don't want the risk. They will call in other officers but if you can get enough distance you'll be fine.
It reads so simple but in reality you'll be fucked

Are you allowed to pretty much just speed perpetually in America and keep your license?

Here in Australia we have a demerit point system. So if you get caught speeding too much within a 3 year period, you lose your license for 3 months, or you can nominate to go on a good behaviour bond for 1 year, but if you get caught again within that year, you lose your license for double the amount of time you would have (6 months.)
Also if you get caught exceeding the speed limit by over 40KPH in Australia, it's immediate loss of license for 6 months.

I hear that in America you just have to pay the fines, and there aren't any other consequences.

There is a point system that will eventually result in license suspension or it could get revoked. The points also become visible to insurance which jacks your rates up.

The rules vary state by state so it might not be the same everywhere.

at 2:00 am there are not enough units out to commit to a single speeder. As soon as they lose sight of you and your vehicle they have cause for reasonable doubt unless they can identify you via video evidence.

>I hear that in America you just have to pay the fines, and there aren't any other consequences.
Nope. Our system, at least in Kentucky, sounds pretty similar to your's.

I got pulled over for reckless driving and had to go to traffic school and as long as I don't get charged with another road violation within the year since I got pulled over, the original charge, reckless driving, is scrubbed from my record and I don't get any points on my license.

Read more about it here: transportation.ky.gov/Highway-Safety/Documents/PointSystem.pdf

I was lucky enough to only be charged with reckless driving and not reckless driving combined with 26+mph over the limit, improper passing, etc. all kinds of charges the cop could have given me but the fat fuck was just fat enough to only be interested in writing up a quick reckless driving charge then to get back to the donut shop. Fucking fat faggot still pisses me off when I think about him.

Man I live in Kentucky and september before last I got pulled over doing 85 in a 55 and they gave me reckless driving but they did bump my speed down to 80 when I went to court. So I went to Drivers Class and now it's gone.

Well, recently I got clocked by a cop. He caught me doing 122KPH in a 100 zone. I was overtaking this car that was going slow as fuck, but there was a car coming towards me from the other lane, so I had to do it quickly in order to cleanly get through without getting too close to the car that was coming towards me. Anyway, it turns out that there was an unmarked police car sitting on the side of the road that had hit me with the radar. I look in my rearview mirror and I'm being lit the fuck up. So I pull over, and get lectured for it. The dude asks me how fast I was going (I say I have no idea, because they try to get you to admit to a higher speed than what you were doing before they reveal the actual speed they have, in order to try and bust you for more than they can.) Anyway, he eventually reveals he got me at 122. I apologise and say I know there isn't any real excuse, but that I was simply trying to get around the car in front of me without letting the car from the opposing lane get too close. (My argument being that it was safer to go around the car quickly rather than go slowly, and leave a smaller window of time before the other car came too close.) Anyway, the cop isn't interested in my story at all, and he tells me he's going to write me a ticket. I'm on my green P's, which means that I only have four demerit points, and exceeding the speed limit by over 20 is four points in Australia. (Meaning that I have to go on good behaviour for a year, or lose my license for three months. I ended up choosing good behaviour.) Anyway, I say to the officer "Fair enough, I acknowledge that I was speeding. I'm aware that is against the law. I understand." The cop just kind of grunts. Anyway, I'm like "Please though, will you PLEASE just write me a ticket for 120 instead. You'd only be taking 2 kilometres off my speed, and it means I won't have to lose my license/ go on good behaviour.

Anyway long story short the police officer basically politely tells me to get fucked, and that he's going to write me a ticket for 122 (and refused to take the two kilometres off) I try to tell him that I wasn't trying to hoon around, or endanger anyone, that I was just doing an overtaking manoeuvre. But yeah, he won't budge, and now I get to spend the next fucking year driving like a grandma, constantly worried about fucking up and losing my license for half a year.

>september before last
true kentucky bro phrasing right there m8

I was doing like 90 on I-264 W and speeded right pass a cop I didn't even see because I wasn't paying attention. I was just zooming through evening 7 o' clock traffic like it was nothing. Since I got that charge I've calmed down a lot though.

That sounds like something an American cop would too. But your system is pretty similar to our's also, except plenty of people here drive illegally so it doesn't matter for them anyway

Oh yeah, and then after he writes me up, he leaves, and then I leave a few minutes later. As I'm driving down the road a bit further, I see him parked behind a bush again with his speed camera out. Basically he just sits there all day (on a rural country road) handing out fines to people at about half a grand per pop, one after the other. Probably one of the most miserable police officers I've ever encountered in my life. It was like he was taking joy in the process of fining me.

Hey KYbro. 502 here

>be in boi racer car meet train
>entire train of 100+ cars gets pulled up
>4-5 cop cars with radar on
>I turn the volume of my valentine to max
>cop gets to my window and asks for my licence
>DER DER DER DER DER
>ok you are good it's probably best if you all head home
>DER DER DER DER
>sure thing officer have a nice night :)
>DER DER DER DER DER

Fuck the po-lice

same

Yeah man, it's not like I'm one of those people that thinks cops are big fucking scumbags and that they shouldn't exist in society. It's just that the way Australia handles its traffic laws and stuff I find is really overzealous and draconian. Some pretty big revenue raising if you ask me. Like, they MUST be making at LEAST half a million dollars in fines every single god damn day. I'm pretty sure that the money they make from speeding tickets is literally built into the government budget for road expenditure. I'm more than happy to acknowledge that I'm wrong and when I make a mistake, but seriously, when a cop refuses to cut me any slack or show me any sort of leniency, and happily insists on issuing me a citation for 122 instead of shaving 2 kilometres off for me, it just kind of rubs me the wrong way.

I think saying September before last was easier than stopping to think what year it was.

Also, 270 checking in

sorry op I don't know that feel I ride a sportbike. where I live the cops dont even bother with crotch rockets because so many of them run. They can just wait a little longer and get a car for their quota

Not really.
Anything that's double or more the speed limit OR 60+ over the speed limit = automatic suspension/revocation (there isn't a difference here). So 20 in a 10, or 125 in a 65 for example.
Tickets increase in cost based off how far over you were going.
On top of that Reckless Driving and Drag Racing usually get tagged on if you're in triple digits.
The good news is that unless you're drunk or high (DUI/DWI) you can't be arrested. You can also argue your ticket in court, which due to the overburdened prosecutor's office (at least here in Hamilton county) they'll usually shorten the suspension or drop it in favor of your cold hard cash.

Ohio, btw. Every state's different.

>turn off headlights and go off-roading.

>speeding over 120 mph on a dead highway
>120mph ever
my shitbox can't do this

feelsbadman

cuck detected

That's when you double down and go into avoidance mode. Nearest exit and gtfo from sight.

If you want to drive like an idiot and endanger others peoples lives go to a circuit. Just stick to the rules or move to germany.

>the endangering people's lives meme
Miserable way to go through life desu, circuits are boring as fuck compared to the open road.

270 4 lyfe

Anyways OP, any radar detector worth buying will usually pick up radar ~4-5 miles ahead. If the cop just happened to be cruising around there and saw you fly past, it's a different story, but if you've already got that much of a speed advantage, he'll never catch up to you in time.

Since you're going 120, I assume it's more than just casual speeding, and you're probably equipped to be running at such speeds. Switch off all rear lights, push it to 140, and hop off the next exit to hide. I'd suggest a hotel parking lot, but chances are he'll assume you kept going. You could also hit the exit, pull onto the shoulder for the on-ramp going the opposite way, and just drive normally onto the highway once you see him keep going or take the exit.

>if you even think about driving in excess of the law you're E N D A N G E R I N G PEOPLE'S LIVES
>statistically speaking, more car crashes happen under 50 clicks and during the day, but if you happen to be doing 160 at night when nobody's around YOU'RE A MENACE TO SOCIETY

I don't give a FUCK about other people's lives

AM I FREE TO GO?