Are small Jeeps the coziest, kawaii vehicles ever made?

Are small Jeeps the coziest, kawaii vehicles ever made?

Twingo are for fags.

Can't get enough of my '87 YJ

nah

I would buy one if it got 25 MPG. Not sure how much diesel Jeeps get.

Pre-2002 sure. Then they're actually AMC vehicles disguised as Jeeps.

yeller wew jay gal?

I'd buy one if they were sold in the USA

What?

>kawaii

Bitch pls

mmmm some Jurassic park shit.

You could import an older one?

Now that you mention that makes me wonder how much it'll cost

bretty chep bro. they beat em around like they do with TJ's here though

My dad was going to give me his 92 Wrangler Renegade until my mom parked it up a streetlight after she came home clubbing. All is good since i bought my own. But it's a 07, which was built during the "shit years" of Jeep/Chrysler according to you people.

Never imported a car. How does one go about doing that senpai?

There's nothing cozy about short wheelbase and bouncy offroad suspension, and lots and lots and lots of noise from the offroad tires as well as the flat windshield and the glorified sunshade Jeepfags call roof.

JK's are fat m8. You have the 3.8?

Similar story for me, my dad let my mom borrow my future 99 wj for ONE day and she totaled it by rear ending a civic. Decided to rebuild it, pic related is with all broken parts off. I have more pics if people care.

oh but of course, I don't daily it as much as I used too though. now it's just a workhorse/offroader at this point.
ouch, well good luck on your rebuild.. Thought about doing it with my father's but it was fucked beyond repair. He had no choice but to send it to a scrapyard. sucked too because it was in immaculate shape for a near 23 year old Jeep around the time the accident occurred.

Wait 25 years since its sell date.
Talk to DOT
File paperwork and check emissions depending on state
It's yours

Wow I've never seen the front entire piece off. I'm going to save whatever you post on. Is that one of those shitty Chrysler Powertechs? ):?

Also, who wrote "Gay" on your windshield?

hahah. i thought it was g24 at first, good eyes.

>Are small Jeeps the coziest, kawaii vehicles ever made?

No

>tfw '89 MJ is a pile of shit with rust in the floor
Fuck me sideways, man. Why did they have to make Cherokees look so fucking cool?

>89 MJ
>rusted to no end
Get an XJ and do a back scoop / reinforcement.

What about the newest gen wranglers, as in post 2015?

The YouTube vids look pretty good for capability, and I don't here as many complaints about durability/reliability.

Can't get enough of my shit box 91 yj with a stripped interior

Jeeps are not cozy by any stretch of that word. Going highway speed in one sounds like sitting on the wing of a 747 during takeoff. Probably as bad for your health too.

Look. Modern vehicles in general no longer have to be as reliable as old vehicles anymore. They're shoved with so many gadgets and whatever. Get whatever you want since you're probably going to lease it anyway.

Chrysler does have a bad reputation with engines and computer regulators. But that doesn't stop the Ram or anything else.

Hey there yeller beller.

Holy shit it's like a modern FJ Cruiser and the new Jeep Renegade got drunk together one night in Ichibahara

Lol, it actually does say G24, not the first time people have said that though. As for the engine it is the bulletproof AMC i6, it has 214000 miles on it. Since we've owned since it was new we've always kept up on service and such, and generally treated it great. In fact both my dad and I learned how to wrench with this car, all service has been done by us since around 06. Pic related is interior. ( Also I'm working on adding an audio jack to the stock radio so I can get rid of the rivet thing in there now)

Bost more biccs, bls.

Also nice. Those pentastars and powertechs really went downhill fast. I didn't know the AMCs extended into the ZJs, though. Plus I've never seen the front on one of those I-6 AMCs which is super cool.

Have a Laredo tank.

SAVED.

Actually the AMC i6 was produced until 06 on tj's and was an option on both the zj grand Cherokee as well as the later wj (which I own). The wj also retained it's solid front and rear axles (last GC to do so) and got the selec-trac transfer case so it was still quite capable off road especially with the i6's great low end torque. Pic related is her mechanically complete before the hood, right fender and plastic fascia went on. It had sat in an insurance lot for a year so when it started on the first crank I was ecstatic.

I actually have a soft spot for old Jeep interiors in this era.

former wj owner here
post away

Oh that's good to know. Do you mean the standard Wranglers, though? TJs only went to 2002, eh? I suppose they became more rare as those Chrysler engines started taking over more and more. Sad!

They have soft spots everywhere...
>WEBER SWAP TIME
>PREPARE YOUR MANIFOLDS

I don't have that much left to post but I did forget one thing. Unlike the xj the wj is unibody so I either had to learn to weld or hire someone to put on the lower radiator support and front crossmember. We didn't want to tow it again because when we brought it back from the insurance lot we had to have the whole family and neighbors help push it off of the trailer and into the garage, the trailer slipped out from under the car and very nearly severely hurt my younger sis. So we managed to find a local mobile welder and he came by and did pic related in less than an hour, he only wanted $250 for the work but we gave him $300 for his trouble. Crazy thing is that the welder was swapping a dead i6 out for a new one in his wj, and he had a parts car on his property that he gave us free access to. I managed to find all kinds of little things I needed for free.

Nah.

>TJs only went to 2002, eh?
I'm almost positive that the TJ went to 2006, my uncle owns an 06 TJ. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong tho

TJs did go to 06

Yes. I finally looked this shit up. I've been telling people 2002-2004 for the discontinuation of AMC parts but thank God someone finally corrected me.

Post last WJ picc pls (:

This has worse suspension than any Jeep and their wheelwells need to be modified to fit tyres larger than 33s.
They are smaller and light as a result, though.

I don't now, there's something about the 80s utilitarian look of a Lada Niva that makes me think otherwise.

As a plus if we could import them to the US, they're apparently still in production and are fairly cheap.

Here is the last pic, and current state of the vehicle. Project temporarily on hold because I'm back at school. The only things left to be done are the fender and hood though, both of which are sitting in my garage already painted and ready to be put on. Plan is to finish the car over spring break and drive 18 hours back to campus ( out of state )

Thankfully, the rust on the floor of the MJ is confined to the driver's side pan. But the rest of the truck is generally just beat to hell. I's been a pain in the ass since I got it but I should hopefully be able to get it back on the road soon.

On and one last thing, once the whole Jeep thing is done I plan on finding an mr2 aw11 to fix up. Pic related is my last pic for real this time. (Yes I know oil reads 80 psi, it's a bad sensor that I've never gotten around to replacing; been like that for years. The check engine light is solved, was a bad electric cooling fan relay.)

>tfw i unironically want one

ayyyyyyyyyy

i had a mk1

i miss it