/wpsg/ - WoW Private Server General

HG soon edition

Guilds:

TBC:
/TBA Hellground 2x Horde

>Where can I get game clients?
pastebin.com/mxjmsr3t

>How do I connect to [server]?
1. Register on a private server that hosts the same game client you have.
2. Copy their realmlist URL. This can usually be found on the main page of the website or on their registration page.
3. Look for a realmlist.wtf file in your WoW folder. This may either be in the root folder, or inside Wow/Data/enUS/
4. Open the realmlist.wtf file in a text editor such as Notepad and paste in the realmlist settings of the server. Make sure it starts with 'set realmlist' followed by the realmlist URL.

>I have set the realmlist correctly but it still connects me to XYZ server/says invalid login info.
You will need a clean wow.exe and dll files if you downloaded your WoW client from XYZ server. Check the clients section above.

>How do I stop my client from auto-updating?
• Start the game with wow.exe - not launcher.exe
• Don't use your email for logging in, use your account name.
• Find the patchlist file in your installation and remove it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hiz7bEhkNH8
hitbox.tv/video/1258592
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Atlantiss

how bugged was kara?

It was pretty decent actually but there some spells/talents that don't work properly and threat generation is a little fucked with what we assume is Undead mobs only.

Most of the problems have been in Heroics.

if you roll a memespec you're benched

>doing kara in t5

holy shit!

tfw you will literally never be as dumb as pancakes

atlantiss bump

> did in 1 attempt what took hours upon hours
heh...

Any good options to set up a private server for cata or mop for me and a few of my friends?

Would prefer MoP

atlantiss for cata

wowfreakz for mop (its already on siege of orgrimmar though, sorry.)

this desu. I know u can buy most all vendor shit even tho you shouldn't and you can use those gears for your own fun but what is the point in actually testing things in full t5 lmao.

>600 DPS in T5

LOAMO

To test readily available DPS benchmarks for certain specs and classes to see if things work how they should and to test if set bonuses work properly. Some of them don't so calm your fucking autism and let people test the server.

More interested in setting up my own server, thanks though

It'll be unplayable bad

stock core Cata/MoP just doesn't work

Bummer to hear that. Really just looking for something with working classes quests and dungeons. We don't care about raids.

Still SoL?

I don't see why you can't roll on one of those servers and just play with your friends ignoring everyone else. The populations aren't very large on either server, especially at these hours.

It's more about what the group wants to do vs what I want to do.

I don't mind, but when you've got a two people erroneously thinking these private servers are just made to steal people's e-mail addresses and credit card accounts it becomes easier just to do your own thing instead of convincing people who will never be convinced. Believe me, I've tried.

I run a 3.3.5 server for a group of friends. Its kind of like a roleplay/d&d thing, mostly people who were in my old guild before we quit after wrath. They'd like to do the same with either cata or mists.

that is unbelievably autistic

Thanks, I know, but its nice to have friends.

Anyway, still same deal? Nothing with working classes/quests/dungeons?

just use throwaway email

>hellshit annonces release will be march 5th
>Finns stop spamming thread

Finnground BTFO

Finns are practicing the content, so they can steal your players for the 2nd 25man group.

Inb4 "b-but we're rolling horde". Have fun leveling again.

>last thread was archived at

youtube.com/watch?v=hiz7bEhkNH8
Who /hype/ here? Literally right around the corner.

hg btfo

>implying Northcraft isn't coming out this year

Sounds good but
>gummy

>still wanting wotlk
Almost as bad as cata babies

What's wrong with Gummy?

>yarrick

>finns

No tests by finns have been confirmed yet. We are considering doing 25mans but nothing is set in stone yet. After all most of us are either studying or at work so schedules will be kinda hard to fit for everyone.

Normies out

cuck's honor friend

well met

Your guild leader is wagecuck. Where is your god now?

>using playtbc as proofs
truly ebin

>needing to post proof that mobs should drop items
hm..

>he's also a dirty marxist, but a nice guy nevertheless
So Finngol khan is a dirty leftist? DROPPED

So anyone have a link for a Trinity creation tool? Ever since wow-v died I don't know where the fuck to go to make custom shit. Why'd wow-v even die, it was shit but it seemed the only place to easily make custom server shit.

Who is?

meerkatz

bump

REEEEEEE massive rollback on the testserver

>tfw koostosh is fixing things 100x faster than shiro.
and it's actually important things, not minute details that only 4-5 autists in the world would notice.

Was ag_uf that were better than pitbull in tbc?

shadow unit frames is better than both of those.

hitbox.tv/video/1258592
pretty impressive

ok, thanks

>yarrick

>finns

>yarrick

cobe es una mierda

t. harmoo

>not doing it in japanese
baka

ハームーはうんちです

Cobe јe cpaњe

t. Senna

Do you guys and the vanilla guys get along?
Also does anyone here play on ascension?

Ο Κόμπε είναι χάλια.

They pretend they don't like them and aren't part of the vanilla general of the month, but nearly all of them rolled on Nost, Elysium, and Kronos at some point. Not to mention half of the main "clique" is Nostfags.

Vanilla babies forgot that many of us played on Valkyrie (elysium now) and on many other vanilla servers already. So they get uppity when people want other expansions

tfw always wanted to form a group of 10+ fellas to progress through the xpacs starting from wotlk doing the content in a progressive way (naxx-sarth-maly-ulduar and such, ending in icc10h and moving to cata and so on) and never found people to do it

>ending in icc10h
10 man is not raiding. Even post WotLK.

cata 10m hcs are harder than 25m hcs.

t. not pickles

I just want to have fun doing the content, not going full hardcore raiding like i did back in the day. And cata hc was hard, while mop 10hc was lots of fun

Mythic wod drained my patience, I want to have fun, and in a big group of 20-25 you don't feel close to most of your fellow raidmates, while in a 10man you are craking jokes and doing stupid shit half the time

Cobe is stront

t. Anoka

Only pre 4.3. One tanking and one healing Ultraxxion is a joke.

At least in a Veeky Forums guild 25 mans are still fun as fuck
Even more so than 10 mans I think

Go legion and play 5 man mythics.

already done until exhaustion, over 300m+ done just unsubbed after downing nighthold hc and not having fun because my guildmates wanted to go mythic asap and no one talked during the raids, not even while farming normal on alters, I want some content diversity, not running HoV, HoV with more dmg, HoV with affixes, HoV with more affixes every day

>yarrick

One of the GMs of the guild didn't become known here until Nost release.

>over 300m+ done

wow, you fucking casual

>not overdoing content you don't enjoy
>casual

Thanks, doc.

Genuinely curious why this general exists when all you niggers do is talk between the long living clique which is perfectly servicable on discord.

No different than grinding 5 billion elementals or other boring no-skill trash mob for mats, nigga

>not as close in 25 mans
>10 mans are always fucking off

Confirmed never raided in a decent 25 man

Personally it's cause i don't have discord at work.

Probably also because most people wouldn't dare say what they want to say with their name attached to it.

and thus I didn't farm either thanks to playing wod and leveling most of the classes I had a passive income enough to buy everything I needed for a few xpacs and used my time on doing what I wanted, not what I needed to do what I wanted

99% of the 25mans are filled/going to get full on with drama one way or the other

>and thus I didn't farm either thanks to playing wod and leveling most of the classes I had a passive income enough to buy everything I needed for a few xpacs and used my time on doing what I wanted, not what I needed to do what I wanted

If you're talking about progressive vanilla, thats exactly what you would be doing. A lot.

The guild is going to go great until DST drops then every dps that could use it that doesn't get it is going to bitch and moan about corruption and nepotism because they don't understand that guild progression is more important than personal.

Play with finns.

>yarrick

what progression can i get with a 10man group on vanilla/bc? UBRS and Zul'Aman tops, not interested

that's why I want a progressive wotlk cata mop bunch, you can go do heroics, get gear, go raiding progressively without needing to overgrind like maniacs

>99% of the 25mans are filled/going to get full on with drama one way or the other

If you join some garbage Veeky Forums guild, sure

This desu, 10man heroics are perfect for private server guilds. 25man vg guilds will never last more than 1-2 months.

the only person that talks about these things is tyrannis cause hes salty that senna reserved an item in naxx 10. he was as geared as the other shadow priest in the guild but did half the dps and expected loot.

Yeah right just like the rest of us that are extremely happy with Lefrago's Grim Toll and Pancakes' Lifebinder

lasted 4 months
lasted almost a year
lasted over 6 months

yeah, Lefrago won a roll, I FRICKING LOVE THE NEPOTISM OF RNG

>do rolls because theres no lc
>somebody wins an item
>cry about it
>lifebinder drops
>none of the warlocks want it
>booth is a floormat that wouldn't put it to use
>the better resto druid didn't show up so the only option is pancakes or DE
Really makes you think

>play with finns

>tfw no raid spots

Good thing a mut rogue was allowed to roll on Grim toll

And the #2 was a mm Hunter which isn't viable in t7 and #3 was a Pole. But you were there so of course you already know this!

>yarrick

I was there and there were 2 fury warriors you lying faggot

See how deep the corruption is?

I don't get why you would want an item so bad early on? Once you have it the raid is less exciting because you have nothing to gain from it.

I'd rather be the last person in the guild to get the item.

le

I find it hilarious that people bitch about loot decisions from a year ago that were the most optimal from an objective standpoint just because they weren't the ones to get the items lol

I showed up to like a third of the raids and got the loot nobody else wanted because of it and I didn't bitch once. Get over yourselves.

cobe

poisoner