I have tried to ask this before, but haven't gotten any serious or informed responses...

I have tried to ask this before, but haven't gotten any serious or informed responses. Where the FUCK did the turks come from? Were they asians? Were they mongolians?

native anatolian tribe.

Central asia or eastern anatolia. They were turks

does osman look central asian?

stop talkin shit m8

turks are from the steppes of central asia. like the germanic tribes, they fucked theier neighborhood in the middle ages. india got some ruling turkish dynasties. after the battle of manzikert in east anatolia turkish people migrated to anatolia. theyre origins are in asia, but the turks in anatolia had a lot of interaction with europe and the balkans. and they were/are not mongolians.turkic languages are related to mongolian languages.

Osman was a native anatolian, the Ottoman Empire was an anatolian Empire, Anatolia was one of the most populous places on earth and one of the most civilized.

the only possible way for Empires to exist is for a core providing the pillars, the pillars were native anatolian people who conquered and united everything in anatolia and then conquered the rest, you can not find turkish people outside anatolia, they aren't central asians.

turkish people ofc mixed with the native people of anatolia. still turkish culture and language came from centralasia.

idk if osman was nativa anatolian, nor anyone can claim it finally.

Turks are unique and Hitttite, I know because I've seen a Turk.

modern turks are anatolians/arabs larping as tengri-turanian mastterrace nomads.

guys, i´m new on this board. is this a fucking meme? i mean are u kidding me? what is with the turkmen, the uzbecs, the kyrgyz people?

what is with the orchon runes in central asia, the oldest source of turkic language?

Arabs aren't liked in Turkish society, they were just another millet conquered by the Turkish Osman tribe.

You asked where the turks came from, not the ottomans

the history of the middle east is one of invaders routinely pouring in from the steppes and once from arabia, turks were just another group

Anatolia was in the middle of Arabs, Caucasians, and the Greek Empire, they simply joined Turkish tribes rather than be subjects to Greece.

Turks are mainly Anatolian natives with minor steppe ancestry.

Central Asian Turkics are descended from the original Turks of the Altai and Iranic speaking nomads.

Fucking memes everywhere. Turks are from Central Asia, google Turkestan and you'll understand. It's called "Land of the Turks" for a reason. If they were native Anatolians, they'd be Hittites, Greeks or Kurds. They aren't.

I once stayed in a low end Cuban resort and I can confirm that Turks come out from under the furniture at night.

>Turks are from Central Asia
proto Turkics came from the Altai/Western Mongolia(part of the Northern Xiongnu,Dingling,Tiele) they subjugated Central Asian Iranic speakers(Kangju/Sogdia,Saka,Wusun,Yuezhi/Kushan etc.)

>If they were native Anatolians, they'd be Hittites, Greeks or Kurds. They aren't.
Seljuk Turks were already mixed with Persians prior to their conquest of Anatolia.

Autosomal studies show that Anatolian Turks cluster with natives.

Osman's tribe arrived anatolia after the mongol invasion, so he was probably not an anatolian.

>Seljuk Turks were already mixed with Persians prior to their conquest of Anatolia.

This guy doesn't look like a Persian if you ask me.

Underrated post
There are many meme responses ITT, could I ask you to post a source?

Turks were always mixed.

The Turkic Khanate spanned over from Caspian sea to China, it covered an area that had Indo-Europeans, Indo-Iranians, Central Asians and East Asians. When Southwestern Turks, which would become Seljuks moved west to Arabian peninsula, they were already very mixed with Iranians as well, some were described as having fair features and others dark and looking like Asians.

After that they took control of Iran and moved westwards and a branch of Seljuks took Anatolia from Byzantines but at the time they were an overwhelming minority of ruling class soldier caste. When Mongol invasion came to be, even more Turkish tribes from east moved to Anatolia, some from east of Caspian sea, others from Iran and even some Circassians, this trend would continue for centuries, where Circassians, some Muslim Central Asians and other Muslims would move to Ottoman Empire to settle in. They mixed in with local populations and Turkified great deal of them, after Ottomans came to be and conquered Balkans, a lot of Balkans also converted, during Balkan wars all these Muslims from Balkans moved to Anatolia as Ottoman Empire lost.

So modern day Turks are a mix of Turkics, Iranians, Greco-Anatolians, Greeks, Armenians, Circassians, Balkans.

Persian art, especially miniature was heavily influenced by Chinese art, they often depicted themselves with small eyes and oval faces as a result.

This is pretty accurate.

anything west of the mountain passes

pic related
It‘s a clue

what does a picture of an Englishman have anything to do with the Turks?

>Turkic migrations
The Huns (Peoples of the Ancient World)

The Xiongnu had a heavy Yenesian influence(see Pulleyblank,Vovin etc.) while the Huns were influenced by Oghur Turkics.

>DNA
Don't have the studies saved. If you compare the autosomal components of Yakuts,Tuvans and Anatolian Turks they are worlds apart.

You realize that area used to be known as Parthia during the Roman period, right?

Are you going to claim the Parthians were Turks?

bump

>You realize that area used to be known as Parthia during the Roman period, right?
>Are you going to claim the Parthians were Turks?

I never implied that, just that there are turks living in central asia to do this day, hence why it is a "clue" that supports what people have already said in this thread.

That's not exclusive to Persians. That was a Far Eastern trend imported from China since the 1000s during the Samanid period that because more or less the vogue fashion for miniatures and artwork in the Middle East for like the next 500 years.

The parthian empire didnt encompass that area, only marginally and forever in conflict with the local tribes. That place is mostly desert and steppes anyway.

You won't get any "informed" responses on this board, Hans.