videogameinterfaces.com/
clyp.it/5x5adaqo
clyp.it/2oe4xcsi
itch.io/jam/godotjam122016/entries
i.imgur.com/wKEQkRp.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I find this useful.
videogameinterfaces.com/

How do you design your UI for your game?

There's no reason to make a game in C.

to the guy who posted this what kind of game are you making. i was planning on a similiar artstyle.

Rust is much better in every way.

Agreed.

nice machinarium clone

Well, did you do it?

How long or short does an rpg need to be to be comfy?

Someone, quick, put me out of my misery.

Repost. By nature, grids are constrictive so the more basic a grid's shape is the more it serves its purpose. for example, every shaped grid over squares is going to lose out on the benefits of the strategies of a grid based game.

I think total lenght itself doesn't really matter, but you need to accomplish goals in shorts amount of time so it feels comfy.

I think the best length should be on average somewhere between 15 and 30 hours. Most RPG's I've played that are longer than that just feel dragged out.

Consult the OP image.

how long should an agdg demo be

>A game that's a series of minigames ala mario party but there are 3 winners and 1 loser

Thoughts?

Why do we even dev? Just to suffer?

true, but an all-text shitpost is more elegant.

Long enough to not be broken.

So how's... how's the progress going, user?

>Making a game about ganging up and bullying people

Could work desu

The poon

When you work on a sprite under 100x100 px, do you bother detailing toes on feet?

What's the point of only having one loser

a good shitpost

mml clone dev here, thinking of abandoning game maker and going back to Unity. there are just too many things I have to do/work around just to get the game to function. In the long run, making a game with my """engine""" would be far too time consuming/difficult.

Are you trying to do orbits? How can you be failing?

Just like MonoGame.

I don't recall which one MonoGame was.

Does the loser have to suck the winner's dicks?

MonoGame is a framework in C#.

Nah, the orbits are working just fine. I'm just trying to draw the planets in 3d using game maker with no prior experience using game maker's 3d functions. I'm getting closer though.

No but the game would track how many times you were the loser

So retards would be encouarged to make a new account to play again.

Here it is in 2d working as intended.

So little to no grinding then.
A lot of quests? Better detailed quests I guess?

How does agdg feel about crafting?

Anyone have some reading on how farming works

t. thinking about making a farming simulator

Til soil
Fertilize
Plant
Water
Care / Sun
Harvest
Crossbreed

Woah....

Make a farming simulator where you grow babies by jizzing in the ground

Need some opinions on this forest theme.

clyp.it/5x5adaqo

too fast. reverb

no really?

guys I need suggestion for arms' position., I'm currently doing pixel by pixel with black color sprites like some gb/nes game in black/white, but I plan to add color later on.

creation myth simulator where you play as zeus / odin / yahweh / etc etc and fuck everything into existence

>26 bugs reported in one week
so this... is the power... of ideas....

Was hoping for a bit more, on specific soil and weather conditions for certain crops

And things like how much certain livestock need to eat and how much food they can produce

that head is off center, there's no spine.

I don't know if it needs reverb specifically, but the notes definitely need to flow more. There's no way a person could play that melody on a flute with a new note every time - they'd keep blowing and change the pitch.

Or he's just a prolific programmer and leaves bugs for the peons to clean up while he powers on to the next thing

HoMM's battle mode was made better by choosing hex over square.
>the benefits of the strategies of a grid based game
Mind explaining yourself there, fella? What are the "strategies of a grid based game"? What are the "benefits" a hex-grid would lose compared to a square-grid?

I did it. I don't want to die anymore.

Here's betting he hasn't considered hexes

TFW girl I am seeing wont stop texting me with her bullshit trivial problems and I am getting no work done.

Did you tell her you are a gamedev?

Ignore her and she'll respect you more in return.

Made the HUD less intrusive and generally more readable

i think this really puts into perspective just how big the universe really is.

>not burning all bridges
Solitude and crippling depression are the only way to make game.

did that for two years
I will do this

>worst
RIP English

You're gonna have fun animating that bro.

I mean, it would be A.O.K. if I limited my vision to simple environments like ruins and noncomplex towns but I don't want to let that stunt my vision.

Never finishing will also stunt your vision.

is the problem that they're not matching the orbit lines? because they look like they're moving as they should be and your camera's just at a weird angle

nevermind i scrolled down and saw you figured it out \o/

Yeah, that's essentially what the problem was (just instead of the camera being in the wrong position, I was rotating the 3D models incorrectly). Got it fixed now, though: Thanks

>solution to a problem i started 7 months ago dropped imedietly because it seemed completely ridiculous and not worth doing

>totally out of ideas

>decide to open up old version and try it anyway

>it works perfectly

>wasted 7 months with stupid duct tape work around solutions because i didn't believe the 10 minutes or so of messing around was worth it.

Show me ONE (1) example of a good game made by a single person with Unity 3D.

well I'm a dirty leaf frog

guy who is making this started it out in cry engine then moved to unity

incremental zbrush progress

So I want to maybe make a classic FPS like Doom with sprites and pixel walls n shit.

What's a good engine for that that I can use and someday publish with? Like I want it to be a game, not a .wad file or a Doom Modification.

Unity.

About 3 years back I watched a livestream of someone making exactly what you're talking about. Which was neat as fuck because that was the first time I got to see that you can manipulate your .psd files mid game test and it would take immediate effect after hitting save.

Name a gimmicky idea for a game to make quick cash.

make a block pushing type game for mobile

Block pushing?

sokoban

>Is an ideaguy
>His ideas are trash

lmao

>sokoban
Oh hahahaha, no I meant like a gimmicky PC game.

You play Mad Libs to discover your sexual identity

something about trump since he's the talk of town right now

Half assed an ambient track out of a two second chord strum. Does it almost kind of work?
clyp.it/2oe4xcsi

That won't make money, sorry to say

Well Peter is honestly a brilliant idea guy, he probably codes fast and sloppy because he's always trying to do so much. If he had somebody capable of keeping his head out of his own ass, I bet he'd still be making great games.

Made a 100% original inventory screen. I definitely didn't rip off parts of the diablo 3 inventory screen, so don't even bother checking.

At least steal from good games you retarded nigger.

where's recap guy?

I've never played diablo 3, but Blizzard make some good UIs. I'm not copying gameplay off them.

>CryEngine
And I thought Unreal's UI looked clunky and retarded.

>Mixes a photo-realistic frame with cartoon-y icons
Please have a consistent style by the time you ship.

Godot game jam just finished by the way, and there are lots of submissions with source provided since it's a FLOSS engine. Could be useful if anyone is using / is thinking of using Godot: itch.io/jam/godotjam122016/entries

It's going well, I'm doing small stuff after the three long hauls I did over the last several months, and it's stuff that needed to get done eventually.

It only gets worse, user. Without booze or drugs, women are incapable of relaxing. They always have to be doing something, and they usually want to drag you into it. They """relax""" by pretending they want to relax, when in reality they are just making up tasks for themselves under the guise of relaxing.

>I want to relax tonight, maybe I'll make me and user some nice drinks and we can watch a movie together :)
>but I'll need to go to the store to get the ingredients
>and I'll probably need a new blender, too
>look at all this old stuff in the refrigerator, I have get rid this
>actually, the whole kitchen should be organized

Then you go to the kitchen to see what she is doing, and she is scrubbing the floor or some shit. Strange fucking creatures, RIP your progress.

dead
like crystal gun girl
like charlotte
like fruitdev
like sugar
like any waifu games
they're all dead
DEAD

Made a transition effect between screens.
Now I'll start testing how big should the forest be.

>Want to mix two very different battle systems
>No clue what the hell to do with the UI

what an interesting creature

i.imgur.com/wKEQkRp.png
gosh it's taking way too much time on a single sprite

Hair Groomer (title not final)
You need to keep Commissar Frump's hairdo under control, lest he get too mad and start WWIII!

>LITERAL forced loading screens

not unless you can be the next Farmville or similar