/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Back to Vvardenfell Edition:

>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/01/31/the-elder-scrolls-online-morrowind--announcement-and-details
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/18/homestead-launch-dates
elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2017/01/04/crown-store-showcase--january-4th-2017

>Latest ESO Live
twitch DOT tv/videos/117763621

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307930/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-11
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>PTS patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/311708/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-0-homestead/p1
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/315794/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-3

>Builds and Guides
docs.google.com/document/d/1WsLK2mOCvIePLUxW_X7CPa7uT072x3FJEzY7yyN1hXA/edit [Begiinner's Guide]
pastebin.com/Y9vRAcwm (embed) - Alcast/Deltia Guides

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
eso-rp.com
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/
tamrieltradecentre.com/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] mail (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] mail (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

>Discord:
discord.gg/ffn6JqN

>Is this game worth playing?
Yes, no, maybe. Inquire within.

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/315794/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-3
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/317156/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-4/p1
twitch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Previous Thread:

>Warden is exclusive
>but you get Morrowind
>but it is 40 buckaroos
>but it is an expansion
>but those who didnt have the game can buy 60 bucks digital edition

I'm conflicted senpai

You get $20 off the Physical CE if you are an Amazon Prime member!

Sounds like tomorrow they are going to have a more in-depth road ahead for 2017 so maybe hold off and see that.

Just posting skeleton

What's the point of having crowns, why can't I buy everything in ESO straight from my wallet if they're going to let in game content on the in game store. The point of crowns is to be a hard currency, which is a translation of our real world money. The fact I can't spend my in game currency on in game content is ridiculous.

An entire new addition! Did you hear that goyim?

necromancy fucking when

>You think this could be fixed by by just turning each of the three skill sets of each class into some kind of tank/heal/dps focused set, or having tank/heal/dps morphs for more skills?
This is the case, it's just that some classes are plain better. If some Metamage test and finds out there's a 5% gap between NB and Sorcs under absolute optimal conditions you bet your ass people are going to play sorc even if they never ever will be good enough to notice the difference anyway.

>forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/315794/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-3
>Not forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/317156/pts-patch-notes-v2-7-4/p1

For people who didn't see it live
twitch dot tv/videos/118749355

40 bux isn't bad for an expac, and it looks like a geniunely huge amount of content considering they literally took TES: III's heightmap and tweaked it to work in ESO's engine.

New people getting a package deal that's cheaper isn't exactly unusual either. That's how every MMO does things. To the exiswting player it seems, at first, unfair, but no one, not even Blizzard, is going to be able to sell their shit to someone if they have to throw down $100+ just to get into the game.

Plus it's a viewpoint that ignores that the time you've already been playing has value. You might have thrown down sixty dollary dos two years ago and that's two years of playtime that a new player didn't get and can never get.

That's a problem with MMO communities in general is that whatever on paper is the best people flock too regardless of the fact they aren't even close to matching the simulated performance of that class.

Meta is created by the 1% players and everyone else blindly follows it.

>They keep fucking around with Backlash when the only thing that can save the class is changing the garbage passives
I'm becoming real jaded desu

>orcs will never be buffed because no one likes them
o-orc bros for life

Why is my game so hideous ? I have everything maxed but shadows, and the aliasing is out of hand, graphics are also shimmering like crazy
What do

Also google "Hook64"

What would Zennimax have to do to make Warden's healing skill tree on par to the Templar dominated healing meta? I'm very interested on making my healer into a warden

Why is this hidden in the settings? Thanks user

I want this Xpac merely to see Vvardenfell with modern graphics since its such an aesthetic area

>tfw got a little rowdy the other day because I saw guild advertisements popping up in the public chat all the time and I started mocking them
>tfw got permanently banned for hate speech and child endangerment

At least now I can buy the morrowind edition with all the dlc

>What would Zennimax have to do to make Warden's healing skill tree on par to the Templar dominated healing meta?
A class-exclusive way to return resources and a class cleanse. Shards and Ritual are the two skills making Templars such strong healers.

But user my pc will die with those settings on
I just want a "decent" anti aliasing but most of all I would want my game to stop scintillate
I'll try editing my .ini but I did not see anything regarding the graphics scintillating problem

Goddammit Ramza
It's you right?

Can the dlc not be bought with crowns?

People on Xbox got a whole shit load of free crowns so that might be why.

>a little rowdy
kek

>Permanent ban
>For that
Wew lad

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

>Can the dlc not be bought with crowns?
Nope

People seem to forget that back in the day with EQ and WoW, you had to toss down your $50 every time a new expansion came out. Sure, the price went down over time, but if you started playing EQ with planes of power, you had to buy the base game, kunark, velious, and I think one other before you could see the new content.

Same with wow. If you started with cataclysm, you still had to buy the base game, burning crusades, and lich king at $30 - $50 a pop.

Represent.

That doesn't make it a reasonable model

So do I get the dlc for free as an ESO subscriber or do I have to fork out more?

They want more money.

People aren't pissed due to the price but because it's "just" a big DLC and as such should be included in ESO+ unless they go ahead and update the description to only include most DLC's.

This

You're joking? I'm not paying how ever much the price is in australian dollars for a rehash from these lazy pricks.

>To see content, you had to buy the expansion pack the content is in
>When new expansions are released, older expansions are reduced in price

Still not seeing the problem. Why spend the resources making tons of new content if you can't gain the cost back with the initial sales, then make your profit on the back end with subs?

I'm expecting them to include smaller DLC for morrowind and make that fall under the ESO+ access model, which is fine by me. Buy the base game, ESO+ gives you access to that DLC.

Nope not me. I'm somebody else.

>Why spend the resources making tons of new content
It's not new if it's available as a stand alone game that's part of the actual canon and main series and only $5.

My only problem with this expansion is that I can't use my crowns. What's the point of them if I can't use it to buy in game content, I already have zennimax the money let me use it.

Where do I go to join the other autists grumbling at ZOS?

You're already there

Main forums, reddit, here.

You forget that they have to redesign everything right? You can't just copy and paste due to continuity.
Welcome

I like the design of the Telvanni stuff. Looks a lot like the original concept art.

>Vaardenfell set 700 years before the events of TES:III is the same as in Morrowind with all the same content
>and definitely not altered in any way and filled with content that reflects the times\
>just ignore that missing ghost fence and the fact that the entire reason for TES:III's plot is still asleep
wew lad

It looks so much more gross than it did in Morrowind. I love it.

>already been to morrowind and zos could never do it justice
>all those other provinces we've never been to

It looks like they've been forced to do morrowind because beth plans on doing the others. I wouldn't mind that. ESO is the red headed stepchild afterall.

>Saw stream
>Get nostalgic
>Want to replay morrowind
>Look for my install discs
>Can only find disc 2 and 3, not disc 1
>MFW

Dude piracy lmao

this

Bethesda will not make another single player game. The push for Morrowind is only there as an attempt to extract a few additional neetbux from the audience before they officially put the idea to rest early next year.

It's nostalgia. I still have my guidebook for the game of the year edition on my bookshelf.

How hard is Maelstrom arena

source?

That sucks man. Find the disc at all costs. Keep the collection together

Normal mode isn't very difficult, Veteran is soul-crushingly hard the first time, and even afterwards, because there's so much bullshit that will fuck you up even knowing the mechanics.

Autism

Yeah, have a feeling it got split up between boxes. Have boxes at my parents place, boxes that I put into storage when I moved, and more that I brought with me when the GF and I moved. Thought I kept it all together, just need to do some searching.

>zos could never do it justice
Before I played this game I would've agreed with you user. After it, I feel like ZOS is better at doing places justice than Bethesda is.

They have a lot bigger emphasis on all those little touches that help with immersion and making a place feel right. You find little scenes and stories - not even always quests - playing out all over the land, little touches like beast races having unique skeletons and even orcs getting unique skulls that have tusks.

It's funny because I know a lot of ZOS' core is former Bethsoft employees, but maybe that's why. Maybe they're all the guys who worked on Oblivion and earlier who actually gave a fuck.

>skeletons and even orcs getting unique skulls that have tusks.

Skyrim had the skeleton of a pregnant woman with the skeletal fetus still in her womb.
That was pretty cool.

Personally, I don't get a TES feeling from the game. It's missing the spark that each of the others except Arena had.

>you will never be a lady orcs one night stand and day after mistake

Also transcription error. And all the added extras that have no place in a TES game and ruin the immersion.

>people working on oblivion
>giving a fuck

Early to Mid 2000s were a wild time for 3D animation

>you'll never revert back to shotadom and proceed to dom her

Hey guys, what really ruins the immersion for you in this game. For me, it's the mounts. The storm atronach mounts, nightmare, etc.

Everything that retcons and contradicts the actual lore.

>Actual lore
Nice try

Main series lore trumps any spin-offs lore.
>redguard
>battlespire
>all the TES legends games for mobile
Heck the books weren't canon until they referenced them in the game.

bums, but still preordering anyway, i want that neat bear skin for the Warden class

any ideas whether the physical edition will contain the full game or would it only be the vanilla version and have to download every single patch?

Examples? They have a clean slate to work with here, everything they do will probably be referenced in some way by the future games just to solidify it's legitimacy.

*erects the spine of pleasure*

Best example is the "transcription error" garbage.
Cyrodiil was a tropical jungle that Talos turned into what we see in Oblivion.
ESO comes out and changes all that. Apparently it was never a jungle, and the books saying so were a "transcription error".

Another is the architecture of the Altmer. It's meant to be reminiscent of butterfly wings with spires of glass and shit. What is it in ESO? Shitty imperial looking structures.

Someone must have the image that talks about most of the incorrect implementations of the lore into the game.

None of the editions available (digital and physical) currently contain everything so if they stick with this sort of day to day operations then no, they won't.

I never thought that the jungle part made sense to me, looking at where this place is located and the climate patterns in Oblivion, the jungle molded into a flat land by Talos' dragon sound like baloney.

Talos achieved Chim which makes sense.
He can shape the world to his design and nothing can stop him.

What cracks me up is that the player housing contains a Cyrodilic Jungle House.

Everything in ESO is canon, and predating the rest of the series in the timeline, trumps the rest.

Sorry famalam.

Where's Howards comment stating such?

Ok, I actually never knew this. I thought it was his Dragon that personally reshaped the land, but still having Cyrodiil a jungle doesn't make sense geographically. And the jungle house is placed in a Imperial town in Malabar Tor.

hi /tesog/, long time fan of tes series since daggerfall when i was younger, saw the news of morrowind expansion pack and got hyped for new content based on it, so i want to try eso

ive heard its basically a single player game that plays like an mmo, is this true? i'm super casual and can't commit 60 hours a week to do anything interesting like in Legion for WoW

is this a good time to jump in and would I lose anything significant in being mostly solo with sparse/random hours to log in?

and which version to buy? there are 100 different versions seemingly with dlc packs and season passes and all sorts of shit

>and which version to buy? there are 100 different versions seemingly with dlc packs and season passes and all sorts of shit

Buy the base game and then buy a subscription. That way you get everything available as none of the versions comes complete. The over $120 version is missing one of the dlc.

This is a mmo that plays like a mmo.
Star Trek Online is a mmo that plays like a sigleplayer.

You'll need to run around and do group activities if you want to really enjoy everything the game has to offer, but casual play won't hinder/limit you at all

It plays pretty well for a single player game. The game is pretty forgiving for someone who wants to play it casually. If you ever want to get serious, the game gives you a lot of ways to change up your skills and builds, so you really can't screw anything up.

I would recommend checking out the game for sure, and you can just start with the basic version. After you get through hundreds of hours of content and want more, you can then buy the DLCs.

what is the gold edition ($59 aud) missing? i understand that morrowind will be a seperate buy 6 months from now but thats completely fine

Gold edition has all of the DLC except for the Hist dungeons, which you wouldn't get into until the 40's at earliest on your first run. Gold comes with the base game, dark brotherhood, thieves guild, orsinium, and cyrodil.

>Base game
>Imperial City
>Orsinium
>Thieves Guild
>Dark Brotherhood
>Palomino horse mount
>500 crowns to spend in the in-game Crown Store (for new accounts only)

Still missing the Hist DLC. Same as every other edition we have available in Aus.

I bought the base game for $15 from EB games, then bought the sub which gave me access to everything on-top of 2000 crowns.
All that for $30.

They have sales from time to time on the gold edition. Picked mine up during the holiday sale for $30 USD.

doesn't the sub only allow access to the dlcs/other content during the time you're subscribed?

shitty names

Yeah and 1500 crowns free a month.
If you don't like the dlc or don't like the game then you didn't waste any money, all you need is to end the sub.

Morrowind release trailer has piqued my interest.

Before I buy, I need to know, is it worth it? Or am I essentially paying for standard run of the mill MMO fare that I can get playing a free one?

Be honest

well gold edition is like $5 extra over standard+1 mo sub and always can come back to it without ever paying again
feels good man

buy cheapo base game and find out for yourself

You miss out on the infinite storage space for crafting mats which is arguably the best bonus from a sub.

It all really depends if you have the money and feel it's worth the price.
I know so far I haven't enjoyed the DB dlc but the others might just warrant a purchase.

>Is this worth buying
>Buy it and find out user!

I think you might be selling the game to him wrong kek.

A prawn pizza from Dominoes is more expensive than the base game.

Now tell me is $18 for something you'll poop out i a few hours worth more than $15 that you can enjoy for months?

For Bone-lad

Also approved Addons list :^)