/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread: Our savior edition.

>/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 01/28/2017*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2017 on PSVita and PS4.
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/dVp0Kf1H
kaibutsushidousha.tumblr.com/post/156627178849/tsumugi-shirogane-free-time-event-3
kokichiohma.tumblr.com/post/156594803860/what-was-irumas-motive-for-attempting-to-kill
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cute!

Let's face it...
She's still best girl~

I love Saihara! I love Kiibo!
I love them together!

Anyone have high quality pictures of the body discoveries?
Kinda difficult to get clear screencaps with the shaky camera and film grain.

Hey, can someone choke me a little bit?

/drg/ does not have any resources that were not located in the demo. We have not had the game dumped, but we do have a decompressor when we finally get it.

I found this on twitter but its not a clean screencap

>before setting out, the three survivors go back into the school one last time
>they're there to get some mementos of those who are no longer with them
>maki takes one of kaito's coats with her
>saihara gets one of kaede's uniforms, along with her musical hairpins
>like izuru keeping chiaki's hairclip
>himiko gets tenko's pinwheel bow and probably angie's raincoat or something but that's not the point
>saihara and maki routinely have sex, each wearing the other's dead lover's clothes
>the two try not to look at each other's faces
>saihara wears his old hat while maki is facing away from him
>they call each other their lover's names during the act as a way to cope
>himiko has to deal with that shit on a daily basis

Wrong

Why is Maki with short hair so hot?

Oh god
Pre brainwash(?) Kiibo is so cute
Perhaps even cuter than the game kiibo

Goodnight /drg/! I hope you all sleep well and have a great day tomorrow.

I love this pancake.

Because long hair makes literally no sense for her, besides using it for emotional expression. Hair down to your ankles makes no sense for an assassin.

>maki
>smiling

Me too!

p u f f y

I'll help you!

>he covered everything up to look human so he wouldn't get bullied
>The game makes him look as robot as possible and he gets bullied the entire time

All Kiibos are equally cute.

>you will never hug a crying himiko and tell her it'll all be alright

agreed

...but I'll admit, he's really cute.
(K: The truth is.. you see.... I'm actually a robot!!!)
(Kiibo is bullied by the neighborhood brats.)

Megumin?

You'll end up dead just like Tenko and Gonta.

And here is the last cute school uniform Kiibo I am posting.
I hope you liked it.

Of course. Just come a little closer and we can get started right away.

>the most popular het pairing for Himiko is with Ouma
>he gets pancaked
Himiko is truly cursed.

Is Himiko and Tenko together more popular?

I would say slightly more.

Normie Tulpaman was just an effeminate guy that loved makeup and nailpolish.

So why exactly do you like the insane shota?
Is it his complexity?
Is it his design?
Is it your fetish? You sick puppies...

Nice rebuttal, but she truly is best.

That's a cute OP image

Pre brainwash korekiyo is cute!
Cute!

Lots of people like cute two-sided characters.

Korekiyo really was something alright lol.
Everything about him is so over the top.

So if it wasn't for the brainwashing hinting that people had entirely different personalities before the game, would tuplaman still be as popular in the Japanese/ general fandom as he currently is? I have a feeling he would be more on the level of Yamada or Nidai if he was just straight up an incest fag.

THANK YOU

Hes a little cutie

I'm trying ot find scene in the Cleveland Show where the short guys gets choked the same way by Rhonda but he unzips his pants so she throws his short ass down the stairs.

right

i want to hate him, but he's so fucking ludicrous with how much crazy shit is shoved into his character (he's a guy with a humanity fetish! but also a serial killer! with a split female personality! that's his sister! that he's in love with! who he's killing 100 women for!) that he loops back around into being amazing

Everything about him is over the top. I expected him to be like Gundam, but he really exceeded all expectations.
I really wonder what's going to happen to him when they try to bring him over here.

His whole fuckedupness is what make him appealing.

Don't forget the BDSM (which is where he got a near-death experience and got his sister tulpa in the first place).

It's interesting to see a not entirely amoral but not completely moral character that wants to stop the killing game and the murders but chooses the most needlessly complicated and backwards way to do so.

Also he's cute and it's entertaining to watch his shenanigans.

Yeah, even without the brainwashing he would still be popular. Probably not as much because the normie personality gives him an out, but, yeah.
Also it's great to imagine his mindhacked self abusing scared normie Korekiyo.

how the fuck could i forget that

god, he's amazing

I don't actually like Ouma (not that I hate him, either) but I thought that was a good piece of fan art. I have a bunch of his fan art still, actually, just because of how much he gets... he gets the best.

Has anybody put all the death portraits in a collage yet? Some of them are really amusing this time around.

Himitenko happy ending!;_;

omg there's BDSM too? Man lol Korekiyo you fucking treasure trove of suprises

He's unforgivable and totally deserved what happened to him but I love him so much
I knew I was going to like him regardless because of his design, but damn I wasn't expecting half of what he gave us

>Korekiyo was actually a CIA agent on a mission by Pence to eliminate the gays

I was thinking of doing that but I was too lazy at the time.
It was also 3am and I was about to pass out.

I almost want the clone theory proposed in the last thread to be true just for the sake of Korekiyo selfcest. I'm usually not into selfcest, but if there's a canon explanation for it then I'm down.

Shouldn't you be standing in front of a camera shouting "He will not divide us!" right now?

Yeah I think he gets excited during a trial when they talk about ropes and he gets red ropes from under the bed in his love hotel event so he can tie Saihara up

pastebin.com/dVp0Kf1H

I really wonder if Amami's 12 missing sisters is real or part of his fake backstory. And since they're not blood related, then their ages could be all over the place. Harem of Amami's sisters when?

Why do I love the crazy ones

Man, I wonder what sex would be like between these two and how much damage would result because of it.

That artist is really garbage.

doujins when
Also that 13 inch height difference.....whoa

Doujins of Korekiyo forcing Ouma into drag, bondage, and while choking him with rope and Ouma loving it while pretending he's his tulpa sister when.

Will Himiko have a Komaru type oh ahoge

>korekiyo asks ouma to dress as his sister
>ouma slaps him a bit, ties him up and jerks him off
>he stops right when korekiyo is about to cum and then just leaves
Doujins when

All three of that, in addition to how he's a tragic character not because he's a dindu nuffin but because no one was ever able to recognize him for who he really was, not even himself.

Ouma stands out in the prologue as the only one who's wildly out of character there and who also seems to not recognize the game show at all (People like Miu comment on talent, so she might have seen it before). Now that we know he's the exception to the cast in many ways (The other being Kiibo), we can only speculate on how this discrepancy drives him- For example, if we assume that the audition videos are true and everyone joined this killing game for various reasons, there's a possibility he somehow got caught up in this against his will and ended up being the one with a 'broken' personality, someone sold him out or it's punishment for him as he's the only criminal in the group in the real world.

We don't know how bad his twisted personality is, but perhaps the straitjacket is indication that it was enough to warp him so he becomes willing to commit evil things his normal self wouldn't do, albeit he tries to do so for a good reason to give the mastermind a middle finger. Everyone else is playing their part perfectly since they don't know they're acting in the first place, while Ouma has the unenviable task of winning the game on his own terms without causing undue harm to people just as trapped as he is even if they aren't his friends, all while questioning who he really is.

Where the tragedy really starts is that he's forced to act more and more as the person he's supposed to be but who isn't him, and people believe him when he's been trying to help before. Given the nature of lies and truth, I feel Ouma clings so much to being objective as that's the only way he can remember who he really was: A smart and resourceful boy who likes witticisms and pranks, possibly.

kaibutsushidousha.tumblr.com/post/156627178849/tsumugi-shirogane-free-time-event-3

Sadly as we know truth is rarely objective and Ouma's sole frame of reference of who he really is as a person depends on the people who see him as an actor, but the irony here is that he's the only one who knows they're but actors and actresses, unable to differentiate between the two. It's hard to say how much he loves Saihara but he definitely sees potential in Saihara recognizing who he really is given his skill, and even though Ouma knows Saihara isn't a true detective he still gives him a push towards the truth, being extremely analytical himself (Kaito by the way does so too as inspiration, so technically Kaito and Ouma are both deutergonists ala Chiaki and Komaeda).

By the end of things Ouma has done so much he can't forgive himself for and he himself can't recognize where the truth of himself ends and the lie begins. Everyone wanted so much to see him as someone bad and evil that he became that in response to them, and the side of him that genuinely wanted to do good has become so broken that the truth of who Kokichi Ouma really was has been forever lost.

Miu's motivations finally revealed. She did take the remembering light at the start of chapter 4 very hard, but she still pulled a Kirumi or Sayaka. And the poster goes on to describe how much of a bitch Miu was to pretty much everyone throughout the entire killing game.

kokichiohma.tumblr.com/post/156594803860/what-was-irumas-motive-for-attempting-to-kill

Three wrong things about this explanation:

1. I thought it was confirmed that Miu didn't program the entire VR world herself. The VR world was already there, she just modified it to change the walls/warp zones and take out all dangerous objects (except for the hammer).
2. I thought Ouma found out she was planning to kill him by talking to her directly and reading in between the lines, not snooping around her lab.
3. Even if she didn't like Ouma, she didn't hate him to the point that this post describes. She even says she feels bad about doing this and apologizes to him. And she's not as selfish as this makes her look either- she specifically creates the EMP bombs/electric hammers for Ouma because she wants to help the group get out and he convinced her he would do that.

>implying korekiyo won't be the one doing the tying up after his love hotel scene
>implying ouma doesn't want to be thrown on the bed and roughed up after his

get better taste

Oddly that post comes from someone who played the game. Which seems to indicate either their Japanese comprehension is somewhat poor, or chapter 4 is very convoluted and hard to understand even for people who know Japanese. I've heard a few people say that chapter 4's trial was a clusterfuck for some reason.

>finally

>implying they can't switch things up and do both
You know nothing

Reminder that pre-brainwash Saihara is a slut

>got the overbearing lust for sticking it in everyone and everything mindhacc'd away

wtf i hate team danganronpa now

Yes

>she specifically creates the EMP bombs/electric hammers for Ouma because she wants to help the group get out and he convinced her he would do that.
Which begs the question that if she wanted out so much, then why not encourage him to put his plan into action instead? I find it very strange that the 3 key players in chapter 4 are Miu, Ouma, and Gonta. Ouma was collaborating with both of them. If I didn't know better, I'd say there was some kind of ruse going on behind the scenes. Miu's avatar also had a different setting than the others. I feel like there's going to be a twist where both Ouma and Miu survived somehow and are secretly drinking Champagne on a beach somewhere now that their elaborate keikaku worked.

Where on their blog does it say they played the game? From the few posts I've seen it looks like they're following the common spoilers around here + tumblr.

But I think chapter 4 is supposed to be confusing because of the 4d chess iruma and ouma are playing and that ouma lies about 50% of it.

>chapter 4 is supposed to be confusing
Sounds like bad writing to me.

>Ouma and Miu both survived
This is wishful thinking. I love both of them, and I want for them to live, but Ouma got pancaked. It would take a serious asspull to bring one of them back, let alone both.

Again, this is coming from Ouma who is a lying liar who lies, but he says she didn't trust her friends to not betray her before she could betray them. She made the bombs/hammers and did encourage him to go through with using them against monokuma (with the promise of fucking him afterward, even), but apparently fell victim to her own paranoia and insecurity. Or so we're told.

Ouma didn't start actually collaborating with Gonta until he learned Miu was trying to kill him within the VR. That was a more spur of the moment/desperation thing. I don't think Ouma was planning to use Gonta to kill anyone in the VR were Miu not trying to kill them.

I like this idea. Somewhere they're getting insanely high off the drugs Miu made from cough medicine in the storage room and surrounded by money Ouma stole using one of her inventions.

It's not that complex. Miu trusted Ouma's plan, but then the reveal of the outside world happened and she decided that she'd better betray rather than be betrayed, which convinced her to take action on her own, and Ouma was the best victim because, in theory, she could approach him without him suspecting, since they already had a deal.

Just because they agreed to a plan once doesn't mean things couldn't go to hell, and that's what happened to Ouma twice, first with Miu and then with Gonta.

I'm pretty sure Ouma and Gonta were collaborating somewhat from earlier chapters. They started spending alot of time together and the others noticed, including Miu who assumed they were having sex.

How to bring Ouma back using SHSL bullshit:

1. Body replacing shenanigans under the press (so it's not actually him under the press but another dead body) that he somehow did without Kaito noticing, somehow also remaining hidden for the rest of the game, and then not dying when Kiibo BTFOs the school.

2. Everyone who entered the VR program has a AI back up, as proved by Gonta's Alter Ego talking after the 4th trial. Therefore, everyone who entered that program has one, so theoretically you could stick Ouma, Miu, Gonta, Kaito and Kiibo into robot bodies. But again, the school is BTFO so it's unlikely (but not impossible, looking at you AI Junko) that the data survived.

Yeah, they hung out together since chapter 2 and were often around each other. However just because they were friends it doesn't mean that they had a plan beforehand, I don't think Ouma wanted to involve Gonta in this particular trick until the very end when he was out of options.

>Everyone who entered the VR program has a AI back up
This would be the most likely thing if Kodaka really wanted to bring people back. Kiibo's already an insanely human robot.

juicedup20 finally made it to Chapter 6. His thoughts on the survivors:

Saihara: Emo Kid
Kiibo: A Ruined Robot
Himiko: My Daughter
Maki: Tsundere without her dere
Tsumugi: (skips her)

How will he react to Chapter 6? Can we finally understand this trial?

Were the AI backups Monokuma's doing or die Miu know about them? Maybe her plan to "save" everyone was to cause them all to die, but use the AIs to build everyone robot bodies that she learned how to do from tinkering with Kiibo.

That's a good headcanon but that's it, there is no evidence whatsoever that Miu was even thinking of rescuing them.

Can you hear me Major Kaito?
Can you hear me Major Kaito?

>Miu thought they were having sex

Hah. Even in game characters see that Ouma's a giant twink.

Yeah, even if Ouma used Gonta and backstabbed him in an excessively cruel way, I don't think his intention was to use Gonta from the beginning (aka from when they started hanging out) to commit murder. He was basically (and I use that loosely, he did have other options) given no choice but to die or use Gonta and chose the latter while committing to the EVIL ruse until the end. It isn't justified, but I don't think he necessarily wanted do this. There's quite a bit of evidence in his pre trial breakdown and post trial speech that he regretted doing what he did to Gonta and truly felt guilt and sadness over him dying.

Again, this does not justify any of what he does, but I do think he saw Gonta as more than just a murder tool.