(I'm new, what mods should I get?)
pastebin.com/GFj7rxKK (embed)

(/rwg/ mods)
pastebin.com/zyLvxHb1 (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=846414777&searchtext=neko
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845431906
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thank you user, though I do prefer more rimworld pictures for later threads.

>was going to make a thread
>forgot to put in a subject
Oh well

2nd for mortar shelling

I keep forgetting to save the Russian arts for the OP, if anyone has them please dump.

That is some shitty building, hope they fix it in later updates.

>reddit in the other thread
this one it is, then.

Can someone beso nice and dropbox or mega the lamia and nekko mods from the steam workshop please?

Not a bad candidate for next OP.

We let that happen, the other OP didn't even want to do it but his hand was forced.

>have shooting range up
>visitors
>starts shooting my targets with an incendiary launcher
wow fucking rude

Neko mod? How do they look? If they look cute I do hope some kind user helps us out.

Sure would be cool if they "upgraded AI settlements

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=846414777&searchtext=neko

this and

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=845431906

are both steam exclusive sadly, not on the forum.

Give me a list of mod's people want from the steam workshit. I'll download them and upload them while I'm at work tomorrow morning.

those two i think and the cowgirls one, i don't know about others.

That's kawaii!

Though like I said, hope some user makes a mega, google doc, or dropbox download.

Better that they let us design them, like prison sharing in prison architect. It would be dangerous, borderline evil, and highly impractical to assault no matter what the rewards might be. But of course actually doing it would leave you in control of a badass player designed fortress with probably 12 more hidden IEDs in some corner waiting to blow your legs off weeks later

except for the people who just make prisons that are super easy to escape for the achievement

Do I lose standing with a faction if they die to hostile mobs on my territory?

Like I said, people reply to this post with what mod you want, and I'll work on making some kind of pastebin with link's to mediafire/mega uploads so we have some kind of mod database. I'm going to sleep now.

They said in the roaming update video that they want to expand on the base generation as soon as possible

fuck, i kinda wanted them now but ok.

Sure, and whoever wanted that kind of player designed stronghold in their game could choose to download those, and randomly encounter one. And hardcore players could choose to download the craziest forts into their factions.

Modderfaggot user here, how does this look? It's going to be a sidegrade assault rifle - Slightly longer ranger, better accuracy and damage, but slower to fire and it only fires one shot. Basically between the sniper and the AR.

So an FN FAL?

I based it loosely on the FN FAL and the M14, didn't realize how much it looked like the FAL zoomed out since I was zoomed in while working on it the whole time.

It looks like more of a M1A to me. So good jobu dess.

oh yeah wans't there a tiberium mod? i forgot it that was on steam or the forum.

>tfw mod out penalties for harvesting prisoners organs
>tfw running an organ farm

anyone else accidentally burned a fuckton of medicine because its listed as drugs?

>he doesn't feed the drugs to his dogs to make them strong

>Not micromanaging important shit like that

Next thing you are going to tell me is you send lone hunters to hunt big game animals.

You mean a cheating farm?

>tfw installed 3 billion mods
>tfw still generating characters and map
>tfw no motivation to actually play

halp :(

Why should I grow devilstrand?

sure
it's fun though

made coffee mod but it doomed the colony because both the colonists and animals got addicted and I made the mistake of adding violence a symptom of withdrawal so when I ran out of coffee beans both the animals and people went on a free for all attacking each other

hold on, let me fall for this bait
i do think it is kind of stupid that colonists get upset when you harvest the organs of people that just tried to kill you
especially when you can sell the organs to improve life in the colony

Do all the storytellers have the same chance of giving you a new colonist or does Randy have more?

It doesn't matter what you think idiot, it matters what I think and I think it's cheating.

Pretty sure they all try to make it so you have 5 colonist minimum.

Though I'm sure Randy could have more colonist events.

People get upset when terrorists are tortured, because it's wrong. Just because you're a psychopathic 4channer doesn't mean that it's an unreasonable depiction of normies.

That's sociopathic.

>tfw to intelligent for /rwg/

>People get upset when terrorists are tortured

Said no one ever.

Back on topic, just got a strange sinkhole from the cthulhu mod. How do I deal with it?

>strange sinkhole

You better start setting up turrets and sandbag RIGHT NOW

>to

>tfw got a nice map with mountains on 3 sides
>tfw a bunch of good stuff dropped from the ship
>tfw radioactive reactor fell RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE and covered all of the free building space

Oh no, can I shoot the sinkhole to death, how bad does it get? Its so far from my colony. Its going to take me so many days to get build a working gun turret.

Think poison ship but it's a hole. Bombs are good too.

Oh, and it's on a timer. Enjoy.

Sounds like a good time to me.

>when you finally get a sniper squad

>when none of your colonists have a passion for shooting

I've seen that in the Rimsenal.

>there are people that genuinely think y is vertical and make all their cad shit in sideways land

I'd be wary of how thin the stock gets.

I fucking hate the needle-guns that seem to dominate the k-esque 'realism' gun mods.
Make that shit thicker & use other distinguishing characteristics of the rifle to set it apart.

So there's already at least 2 riot shields into the game, any of you make mods? would be nice to have anti-riot armor.

How's the glittertech mod? I've been using rimarsenal and stuff, is it worth installing or is it kinda bullshit?

It's kinda bullshit IMO, but watch me get dogpiled for saying that

Are there really? Good lord.

>when all your melee frontline men die

>melee
>frontmen
You're doing it wrong

>he doesn't keep a few pet tribals to do the sweeping before they throw their bodies in front of bullets

So what do you do with melee guys then?

i don't recruit them

Different guy, I rarely use melee but I'll either use them to flank suppressed enemies or stand next to my shooters and attack any enemy melee units that get too close.

Won't one of those turrets explode and make a chain reaction?

No. There are walls between them.

>tfw fighting two thrumbos at once

>tfw finally started that underground tundra base
>tfw first thing my main dude did after crashing was finding and promptly wearing the antipope hat

That bodes well.

How long is this timer? I've had a sinkhole sitting next to my base for 30 days now and it seems pretty harmless, apart from the sanity loss if you get too close, but that's not been a big deal.

>colonist keeps trying to get out of bed when they have malaria

you don't have the flu you FUCK
get back in bed

put their bed rest at 1 jabroni

thank

I hate making killboxes. They look hideous, and break away my immersion of trying to create a village.Plus I never make my village one big autismbox

Then do the same thing, just leave your melee units in a box flanking them until they break and mop 'em up.

>Have to make a big clumped together fort in order to survive in RW
>Can make big sprawling cozy bases in DF
>Get to know your colonists and what they look like
>Can find all about your dorfs but it's hard to access and impossible to tell them apart from a glance
>In RW you're never, ever safe no matter what even if you kill every last faction on the map there are still gigantic manhunter packs and fallout and volcanic winters
>In DF you can make an impenetrable fortress impervious to humans and elves and kobolds and goblins and fun, or a cozy little hamlet that has no need for a military if goblins just don't exist
>RW is limited to a handful of colonists before it starts chugging
>DF gets into the hundreds before the FPS takes a hit
There are things I love about RW and there are things I love about DF and I wish there was a happy medium, but I really think that DF's gameplay is only able to exist with how it currently is.

this thread is so shit

space issue will be fixed with z-levels!

>or a cozy little hamlet that has no need for a military if goblins just don't exist
titans
bronze men
hydras
etc.

>Wow, that's a lot of recommended mods!
>6
>one of them is vegetable bloat

Honestly I'm not that big a fan of z-levels. Wears out my keys and makes it less simple/intuitive to build the base and keep track of shit.

Simple XY made for a nice, streamlined, casual base-building experience that really contributed to RW getting popular (96% on steam now?).

>neurotic industrious cook
>wont do violence
>can't make her hold a meat cleaver to boost her butcher efficiency and cook speed

I suppose that's true. I tend to keep my forts simple and not dig too deep. Any nobles asking for retarded shit have fun accidents.

Mod that lets me turn silver and gold into bars/coins when?

>tfw started on another map again

Do you think I can do a semi-mountain base in this? Mountain extends to the right and to the top to the borders of the screen. Where should I put what? I can't plan for shit.

I just want one z-level up/down. I want to build lightning rods to power my batteries and sniper towers, I want to build cooled wine cellars and trenches. I want birds, I want sappers to dig under your wall, I want caves, I want underground bunkers.
The possibilities are endless.

>colonist is starving
>they have like a 100 pounds of fat on their body

Seems a bit big, (2x as much as what I'd aim for), but yeah you could do it.
Just set up defenses at the necks, farms in the middle, and dig into the thickest mountain for shelter from arty fire.

Worth knowing: is that slate or granite?
Slate's better (slate & marble are top-tier)- you can buy granite when you need it, and otherwise using it as your primary rock is a nightmare- twice the health (mining time) of other rock-types, and carved-out fortifications will have to be rebuilt eventually anyway.

You can slap a wood wall with some door along an entrance you want to block and most raiders will go for the only opening like a bunch of retards.

It's granite, fuck me, now I have to reroll again.

I see the potential too, but if they implement a limited system like that everyone will migrate to the 'unlimited' mods- they'd make vanilla constructions look piddly in comparison & create a huge rift between vanilla players & mod-users. (moreso than what we've got now)

Hm, I wonder: does the old trick for mountains+ocean still apply?
Only way to get it before the whole spherical world thing hit was to make a small world map, so the mountains didn't have enough time to erode down to the sea.

Which merchant brings prosthetic arms?

>install laser gun mod
>start up tribal permadeath playthrough
>about 10 hours in, lost about 5 colonists, have 4 left
>get 2 miracle colonists out of no where, things looking good
>having losts of fun
>pirate raid
>one pirate has one of the laser weapons
>proceeds to one shot every single one of my colonists with a puny fucking laser pistol
>check stats, pistol does 50 fucking damage and has insane accuracy
>close game, uninstall mod, lose all progress
How the fuck do you expect that kind of shit to be balanced? It doesn't even state the weapon stats on the mod page. Thanks a lot jackoff, now I have to start all over again.

>Hm, I wonder: does the old trick for mountains+ocean still apply?
What is it?

Getting a colony with 1 ocean border & 1 mountain border, (a tile on the world map with mountains touching a body of water).

>create a huge rift between vanilla players & mod-users.

U wot m8.
This is a single-player game. The rift is already there, and the only bridge across this rift is this shitty, reddit-tier general on a Korean porcelain-painting forum.
>having concerns about how other people play their single-player games
Don't do this. If people want z-levels, they should get them. If z-levels get added, you can still choose not to dig downwards or build upwards.

How long do "X cheated on me" "My husband/lover died" penalties last?