/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #664 - Cute Hedgehogs Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

SLOW

Threesome?

Who is the cutest hedgehog and why is it Silver?

>There will never be a series of Archie Sonic or just plain Sonic related what-if stories/elseworlds
Fuck

How did that went?

why must you lie

Didn't IDW TMNT do this where the Turtles were with Shredder and Splinter, Karai and Alopex died? I think that was a series.

You're right, Shadow is a cutie

If it was, I wouldn't know as I don't read TMNT. But it'd be cool to explore stuff like
>What if Shadow and Sonic swapped places
>What if Shadow found Tails instead of Sonic
>What if Sonic took Scourge up on his offer
>What if the Ark Raid never happened
>What if Shadow never got amnesia post-SA2
>What if Bunnie never got robotocized
>What if Patch kept Antoine's place permanently
>What if any of the 10 endings in Shadow were canon (Give each ending a story to go with it)
>What if 06 never self-retconned/what if it did but everyone remembered the false timeline

Anyone got any other ideas for what-ifs?

What if Shadow stayed dead after SA2?

That's one, though the only possibility I see from that is how the rest of the cast would handle the Black Arms invasion.

What if Sonic stayed as a robot?

Love it. Where could we go with this?

Nicole happily throwing her body onto Tails is sure to upset her new hubby.

What if this was all a simulation created by Penders?

I like this edition.

Franchise would have died.

>What if Nicole never swapped minds with Sally and never got the want to "alive" and get a body?
>What if GUN didn't gun down Maria?
>What if Shard/Metal Sonic 2.5 didn't have a change of heart and Sonic and Tails died in the volcano?
>What if Sonic never found Chip?

>What if Fiona left Scourge
>What if Rouge didn't work for Gun
>What if Shadow stayed dead after SA2
>What if Sonic stayed in Space
>What if Shard and Nicole bought a cute house in the country
>How would the relationship between Bunnie and Beuregard develop?
>What if Shard managed to sway Metal to the FF and Robotnik had to develop a new line of Metals that didn't resemble the CD design and instead CD Metal had to integrate into the FF but nobody trusted it.

Tails would be a different person now.

Hey, has anyone ever noticed that Weapons and Vehicles are like signature features of Tails, just like Shadow? Like, Tails uses Bombs and other hi-tech gadgets as weapons and his vehicles are his Planes which can transform into different modes like a walker mech. Shadow uses guns and whatever military/alien weaponry he finds lying around and his vehicles are Motorcycles and G.U.N military vehicles like the hovercraft, glider, buggy, etc.

Interesting...

>>What if Nicole never swapped minds with Sally
Wait, they swapped minds?

Something like that. She gained control of Sally's body for a story.

What if Eggman never escaped from the white space in Generations?

>>How would the relationship between Bunnie and Beuregard develop?
The fact that we never got to see this GO anywhere pisses me off to no end
>>What if Fiona left Scourge
Maybe it's just me, but it felt like that was going to happen at some point. Fiona would get a chance of heart and either try to defect back to the heroes, or go full neutral and look out for herself
Yeah. During the Dark Ages there was a brief 3 page backup where she and Sally accidentally swapped places. Nicole got to experience what it was like to be "alive". Normally this would be a filler story, but in combination with another story: Stargazing (Which gave Nicole her design, and was so influential to her character it's still part of her reboot origin, albeit changed a bit), this is what ultimately compelled her to try and be like everyone else

what if ur mom never escaped from my dick

What if Sonic was never here?

Nintendo dominates.

What if Amy never went to Little Planet/became obsessed with Sonic?

Sonic lives a happier life.

Other video game companies exist

What if Knuckles didn't get beaten up, electrocuted, and fell down a ten foot drop during S3&K? What if he had the strength and energy necessary to come with Sonic on the Death Egg?

Better question.
What if Amy did go to Little Planet but the month after Sonic CD?

Little Planet only shows up one month, IIRC. She'd have to wait until next year

What if Mecha Sonic killed Knuckles and used the Master Emerald to stay Super?

What if Chaotix never had founded Eggman?/What if Eggman hadn't sent his walkie-talkie to the Chaotix?

Okay, she was a year late.
Or heck maybe she just got the wrong month.

What if instead of Sonic Heroes it was Tails Heroes?

Guys, I'm in San Francisco for a conference. Where is SEGA hq?

And how do I escape?

You gotta follow me, set me free. Trust me and we'll escape together.

>What if instead of Sonic Heroes it was Knuckles Heroes?
ftfy

what if this thread ceased this faggotry?

>Knuckles Heroes
>Basically 3D Chaotix without the dumb tethering gimmick

What if Amy got over her crush on Sonic? (Not that I want her to but still)

What if Any got a crush on Shadow instead? Like she thought he was so much cooler than Sonic.

Would Sonic be jealous?

Well shit...

Sonic might not care (or he might, I dunno)

Now what if Amy had a crush on Blaze?

>Sonic
>jealous over that of all things

Wasn't the project name for Crash called "Sonic's ass" or something? I can't remember honestly.

I don't know. I could see Amy liking him while Shadow would be indifferent to it. Sonic could go either way. It would be funny seeing him jealous though.

I don't know user, remember that Sonic has a pretty large ego. I'm pretty sure anyone called Shadow cooler than him would get on his nerves.

ye

no it really wouldn't have.

might have even done better by not going down the drama route

That would actually be pretty cute. Blaze would probably get annoyed though

612 Howard Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94117
United States
Mobile offices or some shit.

The original conception for Naughty Dog's first 3D platform game hypothetically involved the player staring at Sonic's ass due to the raw conversion of 2D platformers.

This might just be me drawing a blank late at night, but has Sonic ever been jealous period?

But the most recent games are mainly bad because of their tone and lack of good plot.

They're mainly bad because of poor gameplay. The stories are fine. Simple and childish, yes, but what the fuck do you expect from a talking animal franchise for kids?

Wasn't there a few times when he was jelly over Sally being with Pepe la Pedo?

>167133896
Dropped that conversation like Shadow's corpse

instead of shtH and sonic 2006 they might've started on games like Colours sooner.

pontac and graff are still shite but that's an issue with getting better writers.

In the comics he did. Mostly over Sally.

I'm not saying that the games should only be "BALDY MCNOSEHAIR LOL", but I don't get why people get so upset over the plots to these games. They really don't have much impact, and I feel that focusing on those as the main issue ignores the fact that the gameplay for these games is incredibly inconsistent.

Lost World maybe.

Colors and Generations were, for the most part,mechanically sound.

And Colors was awful when it came to it's writing, and Generations and Lost World were even worse.

Granted, it's mostly Pontac and Graff that are the problem, but if anything, they show that that kind of story telling isn't perfect.

The tone is good, the plot really depends on which game we're talking about.

Worth a visit? I only have one day free.

>And Colors was awful when it came to it's writing, and Generations and Lost World were even worse.
I see the problem with Lost World because it barely worked. Colors and Generations were harmless though. Shallow and cliched, yes, but not terrible.
>Colors and Generations count as recent only because of the 4 year drought of main games
Jesus fucking christ I forgot that

Yeah, but it's not like Shadow staying dead would've = good stories. Especially since the story to his own game sucked ass.

Well anyways, here's another what if: What if Sonic never came to South Island?

Is there a cat that follows Blaze around?

Because they abandon any and all opportunities to keep the player emotionally invested for more than 20 minutes in favor of cheap quips and overused tropes/running gags.

Given that the story is meant to be a distraction between levels rather than the main focus, I don't see the problem with this. It's not like SA2 where the gameplay and story are tied together, Colors is just meant to be a nice lighthearted romp. It's there if you want it, and if you don't want the cutscenes you can skip them and not lose much in the way of content

Nah, it's still argue Adventure and Unleashed got it right.
Had a lot of dumb, but charming jokes but there also was a lot of seriousness and urgency.
Nah, Colors was cringe-worthy when it came to it's writing seventy percent of the time. It's honesty the one Game where I really fucking hate Sonic's personality. Generations was better, because it was practically non-existent.
I know, I wasn't that user.

Nah,

True, which is why SEGA should being in better writers. If you're gonna have a story in your game, it should be good.

So since Valentine's Day is around the corner, I wonder, what holidays exist in the Sonic world?

I don't think so, it would be interesting though. There is Marine but she's more like Blaze's sidekick like Tails is to Sonic.

You're right in Colors' context, but I and a lot of other people would enjoy at least one more game where the plot and the gameplay are more closely connected like you further described. The whole reason people enjoy extended character interactions in the comics is because they all have history behind them and enough individual intrigue to warrant more stories. I feel like SEGA is trying way too hard to discourage that from happening in the games too.

>I feel like SEGA is trying way too hard to discourage that from happening in the games too.
Can't blame them considering the amount of shit the franchise gets for its many characters and rather dumb plots. Seems like the sensible option to play it safe imo

Remember that one time Sonic piloted a giant Eggman-robot and killed all his his friends?

Good times.

Not him, but let's be fair, that mentality only sprouted from 06, MAYBE Heroes. And that was because those games were written badly.

And honestly, I feel like Sonic having such a bare bones story kinda goes against Sonic's design. He's supposed to be the 90's personified, the Anti-Mario, so he should be going on this crazy adventures with action and high stakes, and have these bad-ass moments. So I feel like having his games be so simple, tame, and overall boring goes against what Sonic is meant to be.

>167134772
There's that wonderful shitposting phrase again.

I like the expression on her ass cheeks.

>MAYBE Heroes
>Not Shadow
Sure, Heroes' plot wasn't good, but people were complaining about 06 and Shadow'smplot more while Heroes' plot was mostly tame.

I meant more characters than plot.

Oh, alright.

>It's honesty the one Game where I really fucking hate Sonic's personality.
This, honestly.

Goodnight /sthg/, I'll see all of you later.

Goodnight, user!

Personally I found the tone of Sonic Adventure 2 to be a perfect fit for the series. It felt like an action cartoon for 12 year olds where occasionally it implies some really messed up stuff happening like Gerald getting gunned down by a firing squad for some reason. Stuff like Shadow is overboard, but I think the series having a little more for lack of a better word "edge" to it fits it perfectly. Jak and Daxter pulled it off well enough.

Sally really is the best.

Why are Sonic waifus wearing Sonic hoodies so cute?

Forgot pic

Cute

That's a strange way to spell Amy.

That's a strange way to spell "imma faget".