Ultimate 4x4

Help me out Veeky Forums, should I get an ICON4x4 FJ44 or should I get the Mercedes G wagon 4x4^2 ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tb5WFXoxB0Q
youtube.com/watch?v=3mr_pCrhTkk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

memes aside the G-wagon is 100x the vehicle an old FJ will ever be.

>inb4 it's a restomod so it runs/drive like my 3k civic
no it doesn't.

Both.

G-wagon. The FJ44 looks as bad as the 4-door Wrangler.

Here's the ICON guy shitting all over the G-wagon 4x4^2.

youtube.com/watch?v=tb5WFXoxB0Q

> Portal axels are so heavy, very little upward room
> With all the computers, it only makes sense in for a 5 year lease

why 4x4 when you can 6x6?
why stick to land when you can also water?

ALVIS STALWART

youtube.com/watch?v=3mr_pCrhTkk

Sadly the G-wagon 6x6 is out of production

Get the Maybach G-Wagon.

Old FJ's were real fucking offroader at the time before they were turned into a gay mom wagon, G-wagon was too, and still kinda is but now it's just a dressed up mommy wagon for rich mother that want to show off their hubby's money.

There's a reason why /ORG/ ignored your question on the Maybach "offroader". Thank you for making a separate containment thread for this, OP.

As a luxury "off roader", the G wagon always seemed like a more expensive less drivable less functional range rover.

But reviews say the drive on the 4x4^2 is smooth...

Bentley Bentayaga.

Get the Toyota

First all, going to need a citation on your claim.
Second of all, there is literally nothing Toyota Landcruiser on the Icon FJ44. Absolutely nothing.

Ah, about that, the J40's current successor is just as, if not more capable that it ever has been.

They might as well just come out and say these are strictly made for the Russian and Armenian mafias

The only reason USA went with the Hummer was because the Gwag was too expensive. It'll always be the most capable off road production vehicle

One of those arab patrols with >1000whp

No yuppy shit.
Pinzgauer

That's completely wrong though. The HMMWV was designed to complement the Bradley and Abrams.
Also the Marines have G wagons
Also the US military concerned about "cost".

The Icon FJ is a glorified golf cart for rich old people at the beach.

Just buy a 90s box Jeep Grand Cherokee and put in $35k and it will rape either of those.

You have the extended wheelbase you're looking for, seats four comfortable with luggage space. Very reliable engines and power train (especially manual). Get an adequate lift, transmission cooler, some proper tires, and an aftermarket locking differential and you'll be set. If you need real power you can supercharge the V8 and have plenty of power and torque.

Or just get the 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.9L V8 and the heavy duty automatic tranny. Makes 245hp stock and you figure with a supercharger making 8psi you'd be around 360hp+ and 450+lbft. Which is all you need for offroading when your vehicle weighs around 3200lbs.

Seriously though, the 212 and 318 are unkillable.

>unibody jeep
no

Just don't ram it into a tree or roll down a cliff and expect it to be easy to fix.

It would still be cheaper to fix than a G-wagon or FJ44 that did the same thing lol

only dumb westerner with more money than sense spends hundreds of thousands of american dollars on car for going off the road.

sensible proletarian man buy lada niva for price of one month labour in kholhoz. can do same thing as fancy land cruiser built for california beach party girls or mercedes g-wagon built for arabic housewives.

I doubt you can afford even a base model G-Class.

I could really go for a 3 door offroader just about now. We have Jeep, but i'm tired of buying Jeeps. We have no open variety and importing is a big no-no here.

i doubt he can afford a used 460

Is that IFS with the lower control arms BELOW HALF WAY DOWN THE TIRES?

What is the point? You get neither the off-road ruggedness and travel of solid axle nor the clearance of IFS.

>wheelbase bigger than the boats in the background

shit that's kawaii as FUCK

>tfw the only person selling new Nivas in the UK has gone out of business
feels bad
it means if I ever want to own a new one I'll have to learn Russian

That's not a citation.
Good news is SWB Bunderas and J74 Landcruisers are old enough to import!
Where the fuck would you think the lower control arms are going to be mounted? Considering the axles ARE half way down, there's always a control arm below it. Irrelevant anyway, as there's no diff pumpkin to content with, and the penalty of clearance is greatly reduced the closer to the wheels you get.

>lower control arms BELOW HALF WAY DOWN THE TIRES?

Like this?

Instead of this?

i'm so happy now.

>portal axles
There's your answer strawman dipshit. Literally nothing to do with an arbitrary control arm layout.

SAVE US FORD

Careful, you'll get a bunch of asshurt domestitards whinging that it's built on an SUV they're not used to.

nivas are extremely shit cars. Its like the proto-crossover. Underpowered, underperforming and unreliable.
Niva was built for "the people" in mind so that it could have maximum interchangeable parts with other lada sedans in production.

>not getting a defender

Ford's not gonna save shit.

>Very little upward room

That has to do with the design of the vehicle and not the portals.

The portals don't take away from upward articulation, how could they?

I wish Land Rover was still making the defender for the US. Who is the best refurbisher? East coast defenders? Arkonik?

Couldn't say, I got mine from the military

Why would you choose a Defender over a G or a Landcruiser?

Wonder what class the new Bronco would be. A three door CUV, midsize, fullsize like a truck, or in-between midsize and fullsize like people rumored it to be... Anticipation is really killing me here.

Well seeing as though it's based on the global Ranger/Everest platform, logic would say it's going to be a midsize SUV in a similar vein to the FJ Cruiser. Body specifics like door count are a guess though, but I'd wager a "freestyle" type side entry.

In fact, any patrol for that matter.

Bump for Ronny Dahl

why wouldnt anyone want either one?

Fuck that.

The only good ones were the ones manufactured by USSR for export, to try to save their face. Still, they were sold with the slogan "new for the price of old" and were shitty.

Today, they're junk.

>should I get
THE COCK REMOVED FROM YOUR MOUTH?
YES.

over-priced af though,

Nope. They're valued accordingly.

If you're posting Russian offroaders, then at least post ones that's not total crap.

Niva is only good as a cheap base for mudding mods etc.