Can reach 200MPH with enough road

>can reach 200MPH with enough road
>will go from 0 to 100 to 0 in 11 seconds
>can carve up a racetrack as faster than most super cars from the last decade
>doesn't need semi-slick race tires or a stripped interior to do it
>magnetic suspension so it's still comfy on the road
>can be had for a touch over 60 grand

I agree the visibility is terrible and it looks like Hotwheels car, but damn if that's not impressive. Would you put up with those faults if it meant having such a capable car?

Probably
but if i had 60k to blow on a car it wouldnt be anything new anyway

>gm is playing catch up to a mustang from 2012
>still can't match the mustang in straight line performance or total power
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

I'm a huge mopar guy but I gotta admin the new camaros are really cool. They definetley look better than the previous gen and the performance is impressive.

Does it overheat like the corvette?

It actually went around willow faster its first run than the Z06 did its first run... guess this wouldn't be the first time the ZL1 has stepped on the toes of the Corvette. supposedly the very first ZL1 did the same thing.

Can you imagine how good of a value these will be on the used market 3-5 years from now? holy shit! that would be a crazy deal not that the MSRP isn't already a steal. i heard they will even honor your warranty if you track it.

Yep. I'm a poorfag, so I've thought about going for the V6 1LE.
>faster than a Mustang GT with the performance package on a track
It really is ugly as sin though.

The idea of having a car that is faster than (literally) 99.9% of cars on the road for 60k with no modifications sounds appealing. You couldn't really use that power and grip outside of a track though.

you could buy an used GTR for that money which is far more impressive and on its way becoming a sure classic

The GTRs you're thinking of for 60-70k will most certainly not beat that ZL1. also if they are that low in price you will probably get fucked in repairs if it was abused. the Camaro comes with a warranty so you could do a lot of hooning and even if you fuck shit up it won't be a penny out of your pocket.

>can reach 200MPH with enough road
No

>The GTRs you're thinking of for 60-70k will most certainly not beat that ZL1
they will with the same rubber. tires that caused accidents on cold roads and brakes that require two hard laps to get to operating temps, thats the only reason the z28 was so fast.
americans and fat rubber+big horsepower.. very simple

You can get a 2016 GTR with about 10k miles for ~$75k. You get two years / 36,000 miles of total factory warranty and 4 years / 50,000 miles of powertrain warranty. Not to mention the option of extended warranties for the worry worts. They're only a couple grand for a few extra years.

>I'm a huge mopar guy

Not surprising your post is littered with poor spelling. You inbred hick.

So what you're saying is that it isn't $60k?

The GTR wins again

>>can be had for a touch over 60 grand
Give me one (1) fucking reason to get this garbage over a BRZ

The current Camaro is just an ugly, ugly car. Yeah, it has performance props, but I can find all that in a much more eye catching package...

>triple the power
>quadruple the torque

Hmmm

What bullshit website did you find that on? $75k is a good price for a used 09 with 5k~ miles. There is no way brand new 2016 are going for that low.

Not from what I've heard. The issue with the corvette was they couldn't fit adequate cooling in the tiny front area they needed to hit their aerodynamic goals. As you can probably see on the camaro, aerodynamics took a back seat to engine cooling

>muh memecar
brzfags truly are the VW Camperfags of this generation of car """"enthusiasts""""

If i had 60k to drop on a car i'd be buying a maintained or restored 911 and wouldn't give two shits whay your faggotmobile's stats are.

>Can't turn
>Has to stop dead before every corner
Hmmm

If you have 60k in cash, get the BRZ for 15-20k and spend the rest on turning it into a track queen, or what the fuck ever else you want to do with it.

Or get this ugly shit with a full warranty and 0 miles and similar power.

No. You simply can't see out of the damn thing.

How the fuck would you even parallel park this thing?

>faster than R8 V10 on Nuburgring
>faster than McLaren 570S on Willow
>can't turn

Okay

does someone pay you to post this shit

This is a joke right?

>Zoe fucking Quinn

fucking this why is everything by the big three such hot trash compared to the '13 gt500

>will go from 0 to 100 to 0 in 11 seconds

0 to 100 km?

Post link for arguments sake plz.

I need to test drive the new Camaro. I never got around to it because after I sat in one I was like "this isn't practical". You literally can't see shit out of that car. It's like driving a fkn tank.
The ft86 is actually a nice vehicle. I ended up going with it after driving a bunch of cars(m3 was a comparison point). The reasoning was that the handling , interior, visibility are all superior to the stuff on the market. It's a great chassis. The power is an issue, but at the price point you get new ft86 and build it and it will still be cheaper than anything on the market.

What I am trying to convey here is that if you are to compare two vehicles at such disparate price points, then you have to up the lower price point vehicle with mods to match the performance of the higher costing vehicle.

If you see what I am trying to say here.

cars.com lol

literally my dream car. I'm a simple man

>Aftermarket mods

>thats the only reason the z28 was so fast.

But we aren't talking about a 2015 Z28. the ZL1 doesn't use Trofeo Rs and is still faster than any GTR south of a nismo. its within a second of a nismo on willow.

Yeah, I would

Besides the retarded design that makes a periscope a valuable aftermarket add-on, and it being on the heavy side for today's large mining trucks, it's still all around quite noice and I won't beat on it too much, seems like a solid sports car all-around, for the price

Would buy, if it was available here ;_;

GTRs have a brutal first year depreciation curve, there's plenty of 2016s available for $75-80k

>Isn't 60k
No but it's very close in price and way ahead in performance

A base model 2010 gtr on all seasons is faster around the ring than any camaro
Deal with it

It isn't faster with the same driver.
>and way ahead in performance
It isn't.

The corvettes issue is the cat lives next to the oil cooler on the supercharged models.

Is the visibility really that horrendous as everyone says it is? Looks no different that the last gen Camaro.

A 2010 base model gtr on all seasons is faster around the ring than a 2017 zl1 camaro
Deal with it

>look better than the previous gen
They look the same.

ok you win.

yea, it is

If you push 86 to that power level and handling you are sacrificing many things. Reliability is the major one and then utility. It will ride like shit and the frame will likely be 2 inches from the ground.

I have a dedicated weekend/track toy and I would never want to rely on that as my daily.

Holy fuck GM why

>barely matching a 50 year old car that costs $35k
Ayyy

>25% more expensive
>only a couple grand

So much this. 10 years old and hasnt aged a day.

What's it like being poor?

[spoiler]Just kidding I know I used to be poor[/spoiler]

I assume bean counters deleted a heatshield. With one installed the car is fine. With a cat relocate, even better.

Great counter point.
Douche bag

That torque number is wrong

Only thing that gives away its age is the interior screen being small and low res

Sick of BRZfags. Fuck. I had a fucking FR-S and I sold it for a 335xi that was 6 years older almost, because it was so. god damn. slow.

Loved the fuck out of it. Aftermarket was huge. Car was beautiful. I lost impromptu street races to fucking Prius's.

No, there are ELEVEN intercoolers, one more than a boogaddi

Visibility isnt that bad, just pretend to be a responsible driver and pay attention to the road.

Very good point. But I do believe you can safely get to 250 at the wheels with out any major sacrifices.
Similar stiffness of suspension, no forged internals (thou those would be very nice regardless of what u do). Etc etc.

Anything above 300hp on this platform is starting to push into the zone you described.

I would still rather have my mustang or a challenger. After some consideration, I wish I got a challenger.