-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
↳a9lh + CFW: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-freeShop now has its own website, freeshop.pw
-soundhax.com/ replaces Browserhax as go-to entrypoint and works on 11.2 and below.
-Limited support for running DS games off the SD card. See list below. gbatemp.net/threads/454323
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M7MxYQzVhb4604esdvo57a7crSvbGzFIdotLW0bm0Co
-NDS-Bootstrap looking more promising gbatemp.net/threads/nds-bootstrap-loader-run-commercial-nds-backups-from-an-sd-card.454323/page-74#post-7042348

>Wii U
-Boot0 code execution displayed at 33c3, along with boot1 dumping.

>Vita
-New VitaShell release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-No need for a PS3/4 for Adrenaline, see this post wololo.net/2016/11/24/installing-adrenaline-without-psn-access-advanced-users/

>PS3
-4.81 Rebug CFW released
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/xyzz/f00d
twitter.com/DaveeFTW/status/825844931889655811
yifan.lu/2015/04/22/opening-up-cardboard-crafting-an-american-new-3ds-non-xl/
github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases
projectpokemon.org/forums/files/file/1-pkhex/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i cant update luma through the app, something about the configuration file not found? then it kicks me out, says An error has occurred forcing software to close then my 3DS has to restart. any help on what to do? really new to homebrew/cfw on 3DS

github.com/xyzz/f00d

When will I know to update stuff like Luma?

I only just now heard about this color correction effort for 3DS GBA games. How are GBA games from Nintendo on the Wii U? Do they also have this problem?

Also, does 300 GB sound like enough space to install games on a Wii U? Are there recommended brands or anything that won't die in a year?

So whats the deal with the vita now? People are saying CFW confirmed?

I saw on the last thread someone posted a photo of a vita with an insicion of some sort...Im assuming its sd card support?

whenever a new firmware update comes out is good, don't really have to instant update whenever a luma update releases but you can if you want

Is it fucking happening? I'm really holding out on buying a vita for a while now

Will using Soundhax to boot up Decrypt9 mess my 3DS up if I've already modded it?

no

So I assume I update luma then update the system?

twitter.com/DaveeFTW/status/825844931889655811

pretty much

yeah, but check here or 3dshacks for update notes to make sure it's safe

Reposting from last thread in case anyone wants to help:

I'm going to do the Brazilian method and vWii. Can anyone let me know if I'm making a huge mistake or missing anything?

I'm buying one 32 Gb Sandisk SD card
Then two 128 gb Sandisk Flash sticks
Then one Y adapter

The Y adapter, SD card and Flash stick will be needed for Brazil method, then the other flash stick will be needed for vWii. I don't need mocha, rednand or haxchii (right? I simply want to play games).

The question is, am I using the same SD card for both of these methods?

I was an idiot and updated to 11.3 without updating Luma

Then again, I updated to Luma/A9 around Christmas

Did I fuck up?

there is no 11.3

My N3DS wouldn't turn on anymore so I replaced the motherboard, and everything went well but I can't connect my NNID to my new console because it's signed into my old system, but I can't access that anymore.

Can Nintendo remotely disconnect it from my old system so I can log back into it on my new system?

yeah call them up

I honestly dont know what im looking at here

>twitter.com/DaveeFTW/status/825844931889655811

wtf is that

>massive flash drive just sticking out

I'd rather just pay 50 bucks for a memory card than make my vita-chan look like it has a dick honestly

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD was not worth waiting for

get microsd so you can recycle it for something else later
you can use the same sd for wiiu and vwii, everything is just a bunch of files

y cable is for hard disks cause they need to drive a motor, usb sticks shouldn't need any dicking around with cables.

mocha isnt needed yet, but if we ever get a true bootloader exploit then its likely to be the goto cfw
rednand is mostly for devs dicking about, not needed for games
haxchi is not needed but recommended, otherwise eshop/out of region titles will require you to boot up the web exploit once before playing, which sometimes freezes so you gotta cycle the power and try again

Why not? How is it?

I still have my Acekard 2i, so it doesn't really matter. How do I make it work with my hacked 3DS, anyway?

>How do I make it work
Just stick it in and launch the cartridge

3ds exploded while i was backing NAND up

how fucked am i

>nothing

>actually first public f00d hack
It could be anything though

Probably a port so he can write to his NAND

does anything include nothing?

Thanks so much man. Great advice.

how do i install maidumptool? molecularshell always throws me an error when I try to install it.

I dunno, get someone who actually knows C++ to look at it.

The last lines in main.cpp look to me like it's an arbitrary code execution exploit but fucked if I know.

I also don't know if it's for 3.60 or an older firmware.

My Vita is 3.60 but I'm pretty sure it downloaded the next update, what do I do to prevent it updating?

pray

Don't know about your first question. You won't fit literally every game on 300gb, but you'd need to intentionally install shit to get close. Any hard drive with good amazon reviews and mains power / a y-cable will be ideal

The pastebin doesn't give me a direct answer.

I have a Vita at 3.60. I want to put PS1 and PSP games that aren't on PSN on it.

What exploits, etc. do I want to use? Does Henmaku help with that? Also how do I make sure my Vita hasn't downloaded an update file?

>f00d hype
>Davee doing some weird shit with a USB port
>Adrenaline updates supposedly this month

Is the Vita alive again??

Only when it gets some games.

Adrenaline/ARK and Retroarch.

The USB is probably a NAND mod.

>Screen type: Upper: TN | Lower: TN

Thank you.

but user i am not into religion

Thanks for finally fixing the OP.

>Upper: TN, Lower: IPS

That's honestly somehow worse than mine since the inconsistency would drive me fucking insane.

Yep, it's there as a constant reminder of what you wish your top screen was like.

I wonder how top IPS and bottom TN looks like, if it's super inconsistent or decent enough.

But your combo truly has gotta be the worst one.

Fuck Nintendo and their jewery.

>tfw you can't actually check what screen the 3DS is before you buy one
I wish there was a way so I could try hunting down double IPS or at least top IPS.

A whole lot of people have a top IPS in their special edition XLs, I think bottom IPS was only ever somewhat frequently appearing in the small n3DS. For a bit there a bunch of people did get dual IPS small ones.

To make matters worse, apparently there's actually two qualities of IPS. The ones manufactured by Japan Display are superior, while I got my GF a Zelda edition XL which had some backlight bleedthrough and did not look as good. Fuck you, Nintendo.

At least the Switch is said to initially be using all Japan Display panels.

Couple questions:

>Are there cia/homebrew apps similar to PKSM to hack my Pokémon NDS games? PKSM only allows for Wondercard injections

>Is there anything similar to HANS for NDS games, so I can trick it into running a hackrom, or something? Are flashcarts the only way to pirate NDS games right now?

Anyone knows what user meant by this? >Although I heard Triforce Heroes can give some trouble.
in answer to :
>I can still play online against/with others although I'm running a game I haven't bought? Let's say I hack Triforce Heroes [...]

Got a question:

My old 3ds XL died and I bought a New 3ds XL.

I have the NANDmind_emu.bin from a previous back up of my dead 3ds and I was planning to use it to make a SysNAND Restore in my "new" New 3ds XL using Hourglass 9...Is it safe to do this or it will brick because it comes from another console? Not quite sure how that works. Thanks in advance.

Is there an uncensored fatal frame V

brick, never do that

>To make matters worse, apparently there's actually two qualities of IPS. The ones manufactured by Japan Display are superior, while I got my GF a Zelda edition XL which had some backlight bleedthrough and did not look as good. Fuck you, Nintendo.

Jesus christ how horrifying.

Say whatever the fuck you want about Sony and Microsoft but at least they're consistent and don't have bullshit like various displays being used in same line of models. When you buy a model (1000/2000/3000 etc) you know exactly what you will get.

With Nintendo you're playing ruskie roulette.

Never EVER flash NAND from another console.
Brickus Guarantimus.

TWLSaveTool dumps saves from real carts so you can use PKHex or whatever.

nds-bootstrap exists but is shit. You want a flashcard.

If I hack my 2DS, can I then put the games I hack from it into my N3DSXL (that is not hacked)?

I played Triforce Heroes before launch and nothing bad happened. I don't know what this user is talking about.
I've heard that Nintendo only cares about save file hacking and pre-release online.

Is PKHex compatible with SuMo yet?

No because each console has a different eShop ID. If you have titles in your 2DS you cant port them to your other account. At least not without contacting Nintendo, but they wont allow it.

pirated games never transfer regardless of hacked or not

So you could play it online without problems? Or do you mean solo?

I see. I'm just worried to brick a 200€ console.

Also, to hack, do you absolutely need a game (cartridge)? Does it have to be a 3DS game or can I insert a DS game?

Got it, thanks for answering guys. There is no way to recover the data from the previous emunand of the dead 3ds?

>SuMo
fuck off and die

Does anybody actually know why that is?

You can play online without problems.

Problems come if, say, you get some hacked Pokemon and try to take them offline. Or sometimes, like with Pokemon SM, they ban you if you go online before release. You could also get banned if you pirate 3DS games with a flashcard, but those are out of date and nobody uses them amy more.

Nobody gets banned for CFW pirating alone.

dont need a game anymore just follow the guide
nope only thing would be system transferring everything but games and dlc would transfer over

What kind of PS3 should I get if I want to play free games? Is 3.55 still required or can I use a newer fw yet?

You don't need any game cartridge to hack your console. Just a microSD card, pref a bigger one (32-64gb) that the one the console comes with (4gb).

Honestly, after hacking your console, you could just pirate the games you cannot transfer.

Yes, also compatible with the bank update from a week ago. Its nice.

That was a bug in an old version of safehax. It has been fixed since forever.

Illegitimate tickets.

you're fucked unless you have decrypted the backup (if you haven't done anything special after dumping, then no) or unless you have made and kept your ctrnand xorpad

so yes you're fucked

yifan.lu/2015/04/22/opening-up-cardboard-crafting-an-american-new-3ds-non-xl/

>The receiving console creates an empty shared extdata (0xe0000000) and reboots. Home menu sees this extdata and loads up CARDBOARD. It connects to ECS and sees the account status is ‘P’ and gets the new account details. As part of the GetAccountStatus response, a list of all tickets associated with the account is returned (and all tickets are downloaded).

It's because your pirated games are not associated with your NNID.

transfers tickets if you don't buy it legit it won't transfer legit cias transfer though of course

>Problems come if, say, you get some hacked Pokemon and try to take them offline.
I don't understand this part in particular. Do you mean a Pokémon within the Pokémon games? Please explain like I'm retarded.
>before release
Not possible anymore then.
Got it thanks.

I'm talking about fucking with your save file to make superpowered mons.
Nintendo don't care if you pirate but they do care if you cheat online.

Gotcha, nah I don't do these sorts of things, cheers.

Use Tapehax

>still spreading this bullshit
You cannot get banned for hacked pokemon
There is no such thing as a "superpowered mon", if you think there is you don't know how the game works.
The closest thing is pokemon with unobtainable moves/abilities/etc, and if you try to take them online you'll get an error until you remove them from your party, no bans.

no u

>Yes, also compatible with the bank update from a week ago. Its nice.
thx

Slim preferably, 3.55 required if you wanna put CFW on it. Otherwise you're stuck soldering and using e3flasher to downgrade (not all models are downgradeable, google it) or buyin used one with CFW already on it.

E3 flasher does not need soldering, get your facts straight

Use moleculeshell to install vitashell, then use vitashell to install maidumptool. Yeah I know its weird

github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases

>E3 flasher does not need soldering, get your facts straight
It does actually except for one model compatible with the nor clip.

Just about all PS3 models are compatible with the nor clip.
I had a launch slim that had the nor chip in an odd orientation and yet I was still able to fold the clip into a shape that fit.

>then use maidumptool to install the games
Will it ever end

Is it possible to transfer from ORAS to Moon without a pokebank subscription?

projectpokemon.org/forums/files/file/1-pkhex/

PKSM I guess

So no then, got it.
I'm looking to transfer things I already have, not inject and get b& for it

@167145441
not even worth a (You)
be more subtle next time

If you don't fuck with the movesets or anything it's safe

I have a bit of extra cash finally so I'm thinking of hacking my Wii U, it's a 32gb console.

What's the best/most recent method to use at the moment? What do I need to buy? (I assume a hard drive and SD card) Can I install my physical copies onto the console? Can you run Wii and Wii U games off the same hard drive?

Thanks in advance, been meaning to do this for ages

As long as your Pokemon look legit (being caught in a route they actually appear in, having abilities they can obtain in legit ways, legitimate stats, exp matching the level and so on) then they're literally undetectable.

>two 128 gb Sandisk Flash sticks
The Wii U doesn't give a shit about limiting writes at all, so running off of USB sticks may be a bad idea unless you don't care if you kill it and lose all the data on there after a relatively short period of time.

>What's the best/most recent method to use at the moment?
Haxchi + Brazilian Title Install Method
>What do I need to buy? (I assume a hard drive and SD card)
Brain training DS game from the eshop for Haxchi and maybe a y-cable for the hard drive
>Can I install my physical copies onto the console?
you can dump your games but it takes a while I think? it might be faster to download with nusgrabber/uTikDownloadHelper and install that way
>Can you run Wii and Wii U games off the same hard drive?
no, or maybe something new happened that I missed

>Use moleculeshell to install vitashell
No need to install VitaShell any more because MolecularShell does all of VitaShell and more. Unless there's a thing that doesn't work in MolecularShell that I don't know of.

MolecularShell isn't being updated anymore