He fell for the toyota meme

>he fell for the toyota meme
BAHAHAHAHA the frame saga continues
toyotaframesettlement.com

>people who type out BAHAHAHA

guaranteed underage b&

I thought this was a problem for the Tacoma only.

t. tacoma/tundra/sequoia owner

reminder the only reason Toyota is associated with rust frame is because they actually fixed the problem via the recall and the associated publicity, while the rest of manufacturers ignored their own rusty frame problems

This is for the newer gen tacomas then the last frame rust debacle and now includes the sequoia and tundra too

This

This kind of backwards logic damage control is why it'll keep happening.

>Search frame rust
>1st four vehicle specific search reccomendations are for toyotas
Totally a non toyota specific problem

Ok?

Nice come back.

Yeah, had frame rust issues from an old Ford Ranger of mine.

he literally told you why you would see toyotas talked about in frame rust pictures and why they no longer rust anymore because of it???

/thread

Frames rust. It happens.
Toyota was forced into the recall due to frequency of these problems happening in places they usually don't and at an accelerated rate in areas where they do.

Obviously there are cases of truck frames from other manufacturers rusting out. That does not mean the issue is equal across the board. If you drive a truck on a salt water beach every day for 27 years, you expect the frame to be gone. You don't expect it to be gone from getting groceries and taking you to work for 15 years in a place that has the roads salted an average of two days a year.

How many fords do you see folding in half?Except they do still rust, according to this lawsuit that extends to newer gen tacomas/sequoias/tundras

Silverado

Lots of rangers fold in half
Chevys do it too.

Where are the lawsuits?

That and the fact that their frames are known for rusting prematurely.

Like chevy would pay out.
They still havent paid out for the failing oil pumps on silverados.
Kek

This is probably true, but only partially. I think is more correct

>toyota meme

So I guess my options are replacing the frame if I own a Toyota truck, or replacing the entire fucking vehicle piecemeal 150,000 miles if I own anything American made that doesn't have the name Cummins, starting with the drive train around 80,000.

Well, fuck. I guess I've got some tough decisions to make.

Wait, no, I really don't. Even with the frame issues, the Toyota is a better vehicle.

not even

Be extra careful (ie don't be a fucking retard) with a Toyota if you live in a place where they salt the roads. Undercoat it at a reputable place every other year, wash it after a big snow storm and/or when the temp gets above 0

t. owner of a 2001 Tundra in southern Ontario, with a mint condition frame.

yota will replace the rusted frames for free afik

>my GM is at 190k miles, runs like new with original drivetrain

Domestic trucks are great vehicles and much more advanced than the equivalent Toyota. Just look at the half ton mpg numbers of chevy, ford and ram vs the new tundra and it's clear. Sorry, you fell for the meme.

Lol no
>GM
Low oil pressure causes knock
Transmission blow up
>ferd
You name it, It breaks.
Spark plug gun
>dodge
Dont need coolant anyway right?

still mad I see

Find one from the south where cars aren't eaten alive by salt, make sure the timing belt and ball joints have been done, and you're going to have a good truck

>toyota
Folds in half, leaf springs break from rust.

Not a Hilux. There's your problem.

Itll still last the longest

Whether the engine runs or not makes no difference if everything around it has rusted to dust before the truck reaches 25 years old and you can afford one.

It makes a HUGE difference you moron
Toyota will replace the frame FOR FREE.
So i can keep on going to a million miles

And what of the fenders? Hood? Body panels?

>Toyota will replace the frame FOR FREE.
*Only on certain model years. Customers have reported having to take Toyota to court to replace the frame, and there have been numerous class action lawsuits to expand the frame rust recall because it doesn't cover enough trucks.

Toyota also will not replace the rusting cab, bed, doors, fenders, hood, or other body panels

my trip triggered you I see :^)

>And what of the fenders? Hood? Body panels?
>Toyota also will not replace the rusting cab, bed, doors, fenders, hood, or other body panels

stop living in shitty states where cars are eaten alive

>stop living in shitty states where cars are eaten alive
That's the point. The Toyotas are eaten alive outside of the rust belt.

223k miles on my DD '98 tacoma and there is no frame rust at all except some patches of surface rust. my 3mo old unpainted bumper is rustier than anything but the rear axle

>stop living in shitty states where cars are eaten alive
I'll deal with the rust and salt happily to neighbors telling me I'm going to hell because an atheist gay man moved down south. Find me a liberal southern state that isn't California, and I'll go.

cars dont rust much in Montana

probably because we dont salt the roads

>Find me a liberal southern state
Texas, it always goes red because of the rural white trash, but besides Forth Worth all the major cities went to Obama/Hillary

What's wrong with California?

California is okay if you don't mind the shitty gun laws and overpopulation.
t. Californian

everything.
>Republicans in charge of state
nope. Not going.

No it's a japanese truck it's supposed to be folded for strength.

Frame is still intact though

kek
I was talking with a swordsmithing weeb the other day, turns out folded steel is actually much weaker than solid ones. lmao

>Wants a liberal state
>Liberal state too shitty to live in

stop being gay you homo

no.

That's why I said I'll deal with the salt. Better than dealing with morons thinking "Trickle down economics" works. Just look at Kansas' budget deficit.

It seems like the thing too salty to deal with is you, faggot.

Memeing and shitposting aside, I actually had a pretty lengthy discussion with my bud who owns a body shop.

He said lots of manufacturers are slipping in the rust proofing section- except for VW/Audi, because of the shitloads of wax sealant they use.

He called out Nissans as the worst for body rust, actually. But yeah he said he does see piles of Toyota frames rotting.

However, he did say that Toyota trucks are probably one of the easier ones to keep clean & rust free, through regular rinsing off of the undercarriage.

>wahhh wahhh nobody likes my shitty state
looks like the cuckservative got triggered

>propaganda
here's my evidence your honor, a propaganda fluff piece publicity stunt intended for broadcast television

Soooooo..........

What does California have that your state doesn't, making your state better to live in than California? Isn't California supposed to be some sort of Mecca for liberals to aspire to? Last time I checked all Blue states are adopting the same emission standards as the Califags. That's why I don't move back

Not him but LA culture is fucked. Orange County and San Diego aren't as bad but still are overpopulated. Inland empire is really just trashy and full of Mexicans. Even if I were a libtard I could see why you'd want to stay away from here. Can't speak for NorCal but it would probably suit your average libtard well.

Why is a fine conservacunt like you in commiefornia?

>What does California have that your state doesn't, making your state better to live in than California?
less strict emissions laws. Connecticut emissions laws are in the top 5 strictest nationwide, but unlike Cali, once a car reaches 25 here, it becomes exempt from emission. There's also the overcrowding Connecticut doesn't have.

Born here and not much of a desire to leave

your destiny lies in Alabama or Mississippi or something

But Connecticut has the third highest debt to GDP of any state

Those are 10 times the shithole than comfy traditionally conservative Orange County

>politics
>bus rider discussion forum
plz exit

Orange County is a shithole. San Diego also. And Southern California in general is hell to commute in.

If it's got to do with roads and cars it's relevant

Newport beach, Irvine, Eastside Costa Mesa are all safe, sterile places to live with great weather. My main gripes are that there's too many fucking people so commuting is terrible like you said, and lots of people are fucking fake and flaky as fuck. Never lived anywhere else but I've got family in Mass and it doesn't seem like that there.

Lake Forest, Laguna Beach are also nice, basically anything in south OC is good.

If you have the money. There's places that are cheaper and don't have the absurd taxes/regulations along with them.

10 yen have been deposited into your account.

As a former Connectican you're crazy if you think that state isn't overcrowded. It was bad 20 years ago! I'll give you the exemption of 25 year old and older cars though... But isn't that more of a Conservative stance on the issue?

Why paint with broad brushes? I'm a liberal too, but with the direction the Democratic party and the left in general is going I feel more and more alienated and the conservative side is starting to make more and more sense. It's a crazy world we live in nowadays.....

>As a former Connectican you're crazy if you think that state isn't overcrowded. It was bad 20 years ago!
It's not as bad as other states. My biggest complaint about Connecticut is the Economy. I wish our economy was as self-sufficient as California's
>I'll give you the exemption of 25 year old and older cars though... But isn't that more of a Conservative stance on the issue?
Depends on how you look at it. Do I think emissions regulations are retarded?
Fuck no. In fact I often think they should be more stringent.
However, I also can not stand that California hates people who modify cars. It is so hard to get a modified car to pass inspection there, even if it passes emissions. It's beyond retarded. I agree with the 25 year exemption. On the whole 90% of surviving cars that are 25 or older are generally collectors items shoved in a garage and driven rarely.

Emissions regulations are good in my opinion. Legislating modifying cars to be illegal, even if it passes emissions is beyond retarded though. So long as the car passes emissions without cheat devices like VW used that turn off emissions controls while driving, who gives a flying fuck if it's modified?

that looks so rad
10/10 would daily

CT's Economy is too heavily reliant on the defense Industry. If we're not at war, the big players don't get contracts and the whole state suffers. That's why I left, ironically just before 9/11.

As far as emissions go, trying to keep the thread jacking to a minimum in what ways do you feel the emissions requirements need to be beefed up?

The point you make on the 25 year exemption clearly shows you understand how the laws can get out of hand. Another argument to support that notion would be the VW scandal you brought up. One could argue if a manufacturer resorts to cheating the bar may be on the verge of being set too high.

Weird, i have a 12 year old Volvo in the upper midwest with no rust on the frame. Did i get lucky?

American trucks only work in America, Toyota is global
Americans will always be beased towards the Domestic market, so let the rest of the world decide wich is better
>Toyota

>propaganda
They are not paid to convince the audience to buy a 30 year old Toyota pick up.
The meme of old toyotas reliability already existed world wide, they just exploited that meme.

They built a shitty vehicle for a shitty market

>As far as emissions go, trying to keep the thread jacking to a minimum in what ways do you feel the emissions requirements need to be beefed up?
As I mentioned, current emissions test test the car while it's stationary. Add a provision for the test to include a half hour test drive with portable emissions testing equipment in the tailpipe.

>One could argue if a manufacturer resorts to cheating the bar may be on the verge of being set too high.
Or that the manufacturer is trying to save a few shekels as they're know to do. Cutting costs and cheating to increase profit margins is standard practice among many companies.

And believe me. I know how reliant on defense Connecticut's economy is. My father works for Sikorsky Aircraft.

pff i wish i could buy a spanking new land cruiser for $3k

anyone know if the toyota t100s suffered from this? I own one and it looks good underneath. I live in texas so I guess its not a victim of most conditions that cause it.

If they don't salt the roads where you live I wouldn't worry about it.

In the South there is no frame rail rust issue unless you live on the coast where everything is gonna die. In the Rust Belt, expect to replace whateever you drive for your deliberate choice to live in frozen salted hell.

All frames should be C-channel (even military HMMWVs had their early box frames replaced with C-channel, box frames are water traps) and owners should rustproof and maintain rustproofing if they live in corrosion bath states.

>I feel more and more alienated and the conservative side is starting to make more and more sense

>I live in texas
haven't heard of it being an issue with those, but unless you live on the coast and spend a lot of time on the beach, rust shouldn't be an issue

Daily reminder that the toyota hilux STILL doesn't pass the moose test.

Even Jeep fixed that issue on the grand cherokee

how does one clean underneath their truck at a shitty pay quarters to spray car wash?

My buddy dumped the clutch in his 05 tacoma once and the frame tore at the motor mount. Apparently it's pretty common

>1/2 hour drive emissions test
This can also cut down the number of people who simply clear our their codes right before the test if a CEL means auto fail.

>VW cheated to save $$$
One could also argue they were trying to satisfy customer demands...

Fuel Economy
Good Performance
Low emissions

If you can only choose two of those choices, and the customers want dem MPGs and don't want to wait 1 minute to accelerate to 60mph what do you do?

Now I don't know how much customer demand, or how much saving money were taken into account, but VW knew the consequences of what would happen if they were caught, and decided to blatantly disregard the law regardless.

When major global companies and customers alike flaunt a major law (VW by selling the cars, consumers by refusing to turn them in or fix them), it really sends out red flags on the law in question. As far as solutions go, how would you go about solving it out of curiosity?

>Dad works for Sikorsky
Nice! I worked for United Technologies before the layoffs. Can't comment much on the department. But I know Sikorsky very well. If your dad's been there a while there's a chance I met him!

What part of CT you in user? My best guess would be along the sound, probably between Stamford and New Haven. Bridgeport is/was too much of a shithole...... Norwalk perhaps?

Who cares, they sell a ton of units, net massive profit on each one and enjoy a radical fan base due to high dollar, long-term conditioning. Is there anything else to care about?

True, Toyota has many faults, but is still the best one out there

> Is there anything else to care about?

Quality? I've personally seen enough questionable shit from Toyota trucks that I won't consider buying one either used or new.

>still the best one out there
The best 4x4? No.
The best at developing an overly obsessive and delusional fanbase? Yes.

>What part of CT you in user? My best guess would be along the sound, probably between Stamford and New Haven. Bridgeport is/was too much of a shithole...... Norwalk perhaps?
Shelton. He works in O & R.

>As far as solutions go, how would you go about solving it out of curiosity?
A global alliance with the goal of standardising emissions regulations and safety regulations throughout the world. If every country has the same emissions regulations and the same safety regulations, it will drastically reduce the cost of development, which means less manufacturers would have a reason to cheat anything. As a benefit, this would effectively destroy America's 25 year import law by way of making it obsolete without ever repealing it which would take too much lobbying money anyways.

Keep talking out you ass. I ran my 1999 Sierra to 260K miles before selling it to my cousin. It's over 300K now and still going.

Also, you don't just replace a frame like a head gasket or transmission, you dunce. At that point, the vehicle is totaled.