Opinions on 05 Altima?

So I'm looking to buy a car outright (sick of making payments, and high ones at that) and I found a listing for a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5s
It has 32,000 on the odometer, and clean (owned by an elderly man) with clean title in hand for $4,200

Seems like a good deal with the mileage being so low, and I've heard good things about Altimas, but apparently this generation has issues with Cat converters, and rusted floor boards??

If that's the case I may want to pass. I've only ever owned American cars (mainly GM) and I'm just curious on Veeky Forums's opinion and/or experience.

Other urls found in this thread:

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

only get it if ur black

How about do a full uncucking and go rwd V8

what do you drive now? how much do you owe? how many miles? post your local craigslist.

Not a bad deal for a LaQuan Special. Just make sure you have enough left for the 24" chrome spinners and a 40 ounce of malt liquor. Also lots of room in the trunk for watermelons. Ok, I'm done.

is there any car you don't consider a niggermobile?

orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto

2015 Chevy Cruze. Fuck, I owe 20,000 which doesn't even make sense because I've been paying it for almost two years now. But it was a super bad deal, and I was being royaly retarded. 20% APR, 72 month term. Great car, but I am paying waaaaay too much for it. And now it's been in an accident (not my fault) and I'm done struggling with it. My bank can sit and twirl for all I care. I'm planning a voluntary repossession, and to let my credit take the hit. I'm young so I can rebuild it, but this car is killing me. It has 22,000 miles on it.

not either of those people but anything that's not a 90s-mid 00s cadillac, nissan, or chrysler product.

And I've tried refinancing. No one will help.

what trim?

Base :(

For 4k dollars? Hmmm let me think. Nope. Bit you know man. There are worse things in life than driving a niggermobile. Like being a nigger. So I say, if cars are not like the most important thing in life for you, its just a commuter, its no big deal. Just buy it. Befriend the old gentleman selling it. Take him out to dinner. Visit him so he can say hi to the old Nissan. Maybe he has a hot grand daughter who you can fuck on his dusty living room couch while he is napping. GO FOR IT! Make your ancestors proud.

Do you have the $4200 cash or are you trying to finance that too?

Fuck no, If I were financing I would go for something a little newer. I have cash.

Also, I'm sorry about your position on your Cruze. You got raped for sure. 20% is fucking heart renching, over 72 months?!?!?! Jesus your payments must be killer. I mean I feel for people who have to do 72 to keep the payment down, but noloan is ever good at 20%.

But what if I'm not a nigger? I can always re-sell to some nigger in LA. Just add 20" rims, LEDs, and a carton of newports

My idea was to refinance after 6 months, not knowing what a hassle that would be.

Yes, dont forget the Fried Chicken scented Little Trees (tm) air freshener.

And you have been paying for 2 years? Is there some other credit issue like late payments or medical bills that is making banks not want to refinance you?

It's complicated. The way the loan was set up, my grandmother was the primary and I as the co-signer. Never missed a payment on that or my previous car, but I do have medical bills and a defaulted credit card (only $500). Anyway, my grandmother passed away in may of last year, and I removed her name some months later being told that would help my cause by my credit union. Then, I send death cert. go back to finance, and they said it shows I've only been paying it for a couple months (this was in november). And my current bank won't re-write the loan.

Honestly, I'm just in love with the idea of no payments even if my credit does go to shit.

Join credit karma to see what your score is. It's a good site. Why can't you refinance?

My honest advice is to just keep paying it off. A repossession, even voluntary is a major red flag that takes forever to come off your credit. Your score is important. If you pay off that Cruze your score will sky rocket from where it was. Provided you don't make any late payments or default on anything else. The CreditJews are hard core sadists and I don't recommend fucking with them. They killed Jesus, and they can kill you too. Just pay it off man. You will regret having a repo. It's not unrecoverable but, you are not a nigger or so you say, have some pride and do what has to be done.

I have. It's like 590ish. At this point I'm not even sure I want to, especially now that the car has been in an accident.

nevermind. if you did the repossession your credit would be fucked for at least 2 years. Even if you sold the car for 10k and bought a shitbox you'd still have to pay off the other 10k. If you put this 4k cash toward the loan and paid extra every month the interest wouldn't fuck you so hard.

I feel you family. I have had the same thoughts about several loans I ended up in. But i didn't do it an now I'm in the 800s. You can skip out of those little loans man. $500, dude defaulting even on a tiny amount like that just rapes your score. Just keep in mind, you are heading down a path that gets darker, much darker, for many years before it ever gets light again. And what happens if this cash car gets wrecked? Are you gonna have the cash to buy another one? Sometimes having credit is a good thing even if its not perfect. It's up to you man.

Get the cruze fixed. Put the cash on the loan and make extra payments if you have extra cash and pay it off early. Then you will end up paying less in the long run. Your credit will be much better and don't default in any more items. You will be high sixes after that. Then you can get loans for 5-6%. Pay that next car off you will be mid 700s and can get 2% loans. Just don't default any more.

I still have some time to think. My payments are still current. And I don't have one until next month.

It will be ok. Things never are as bad as they seem. Sorry about the accident and about grandma. I am honestly sure that paying it off is the best thing you can do. It will be a rough few years but it will he good thing in the end.