Does this gear stick feel funny to use?

Does this gear stick feel funny to use?

Does the stick really move vertically?

No it feels and moves like every other gear stick but with a slight vertical aspect.

It feels normal but it's just closer to your hand.

Not OP but I was looking at civic yesterday aswell, $2500 80K miles 1.4i first owner and full service history, has some options aswell. Would make for a nice car for my GF and for me to hoon about economically, i just cant get over that gearstick placement, it just looks like it's a complete pain and not well placed for regular driving.

Try it before you knock it. It looks retarded, but it's actually in a nice position to drop your hand from the wheel onto it quick and then bring it back up

It's perfectly placed for all types of driving. It's really easy to live with day to day.

im going to look at it and probably buy it aswell, I want something robust and reliable and there is nothing that comes close to that car in the same price range.
to me it actually makes sense as an agressive driving position, but yes, like user said it looks mighty retarded.

It looks retarded but that doesn't mean it isn't fucking fantastic

Honda apparently have some of the best transmissions. Everyone raved about the S2000's gearbox, I'm sure they know what they're doing.

I had a civic sport a couple of years back. It was only the 1.6 vtec but it was a great little engine/gearbox combo

They do good ones but s2000 is still best out there

Except their CVTs are mechanical aids and the death of all good things

I had one in my Euro Type R EP3.

The gearbox was the best thing about the car and I can assure you, its real comfy to use it so close to the wheel

Probably shifts similar to a column shifter

>1.4i
As in the engine is 1.4 liters?
Did you mean 2.4?
I don't think an engine smaller than my morning soda could move a car

I heard that it feels just like a regular shifter, except easier since its really close to the steering wheel.

0.7L i3's are popular in japan
1.0L i3's are common in econoboxes here.

Holy Crap I thought my 2.4 was tiny

>2.4
>tiny
It's not big, but not tiny by far.

You drink a 2 liter every morning?

Hahahaha
Europe is so poor lol.
Over here in the US especially the south if you drive anything less than 4 litres
>"who's gotdang toy is that?"

Fucking yanks

>more displacement is more expensive
Yeah retard, because that's how it works.

>americans need 8 litres to move their land barges

OP i learned to drive in one of those, it feels no different to a normal shifter except like everyone else has said, it's closer to the wheel for DAT VTEC THO

honda didn't develop the transmission for the s2000.

It's an aisin az6, same transmission used in the rx8. s15 silvia spec r, lexus is200/altezza, 6 speed miatas, and frs/brz.

mad yuropoor detected

Except for the fact that it isn't. Go look it up. But I'm surprised the 86 is using such an ancient transmission.

youre dumb.

Amerilard mongoloid sister-fucker spotted

>a nice car for my GF
No problem then, she won't feel like a fag when handling it.

>Stupid Amerifat detected

>Muh engine displacement, 7 litre V8
>190 bhp

It sort of is. It's an AZ6 modified to meet Honda's specs. Nothing actually interchanges though, except for maybe a couple of the gear pairs. The synchros, forks, bearings, and case won't interchange with any other AZ6.

>lives in backwater
>hurr biggur is bettur lol
>cars have shit quarter miles that can't even turn let alone run for long periods of time before exploding or overheating or both
>shucks dang garnit at least I bought American so it's cheap to fix allatime! hyuk hyuk hyuk who dat

>Does this gear stick feel funny to use?
Only if you do this.

My driving instructor's car had this. It looks silly but it's a great idea actually, closer to the steering wheel and frees up space between the seats where you can put shit

>my morning soda

rip teeth

Nice maymays ;))))

OHHH SAYY CANN YOU SEEEEEEEE

I drive an Element with a similar shifter location and it's pretty comfy actually.

I got to try one out, they're actually very nice.

>butthurt trying to hide the fact
hyuk hyuk boi