/r6g/ Rainbow Six General

The Spanish Duo Edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell Info
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=yEJtuNIW-RI
youtube.com/watch?v=jE1h-IMLefY
Upcoming Changes to Pro League
reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5odf7q/year_two_of_rainbow_six_siege_competition/
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Patch 5.3 is live.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1547228-Patch-Notes-Update-5-3
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

Friendly Mission Successful:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H_egGmoYcXE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dead game?

So how do boosters work exactly. I noticed i have 2 in my inventory, do they count down when you dont have the game launched or whatever or do they only tick down from gameplay time/game launched.

Pretty sure they count down in real time user

From the moment you activate them you have 24 hours or more depending on the booster to use it. After those 24 hours even if you didn't play during those 24 hours, its ogre

real time, add on your base renown again each time, ignores other boosters (teammates') and challenges (i.e. if you earn 300 renown from the match, 50 renown from teammates, and 150 from a challenge, the booster will add on another 300

So will we officially get Mira today?

jesus man stop asking, there's literally two days until they fully reveal them both

Uh, yeah?

why does bandit has green eyes on his pic but ingame he looks like a fucking turk?

Oh right...

cool thank you friends

'Spanish'

he has brown eyes

Apparently Jackal might have a PP19

its a big beta

>9mm GLOCK rounds

ASL?

>free weekend
>even more smurfs, hackers and other shitter coming to ranked with their lvl 200 buddy
Fucking ubishit, why is this fucking allowed
FUCK

so jackal is the attacker yes?

>more low level shitters to fuck with in casual

whats the problem here?

Mhhhhh yes

then why is he getting a sort of smg ar

maybe he'll be a 3 speed rusher

because ubisoft like being edgy

jager is the only defender with an ar, so jackal is the only attacker with an smg

seems fair

what is this 1996?

It has 50 rounds

when they are in your team

it better behave like a normal rifle, otherwise I'm gonna be pissed

Is Echo usable?
On release I sort of loved him but after a week of not playing he seems like hot garbage.
Yokai is situational and sometimes just seems to miss a vital echo before they rush in and Echos MP5SD seems shit, his shotgun is OK but it's a shotgun.
Am I wrong? I haven't used him much.

I'm trying to move out of my comfort zone of Thermite/Thatcher/Jager/Mute

Well I want to know if you're some faggot squeaker and where you from so I know if you're in a timezone that matters. The sex part is not relevant but you wouldn't understand what I was meaning if I said 'AL?'.

But do you know what, never mind I retract my offer.

we've seen mira throwing down a floor panel, so 100% confirmed now who's on what team, jack attack and mira defend, as for the odd gun choice, I guess they want things to not get stale so they're gonna go nuts in year two and give people shotgun secondaries and attacker smgs and shit, fuck who knows, we might get a shield defender

Why is Cap's lmg such shit compared to his para?

It's been me and the lvl 7s vs CLAN Don't go into ranked without 5 for the last week or so. It's bugging the shit out me, I want it to stop.

Last game I played I lost with 15 kills because the new Glaz player refused to secure the area in a 1v1. It's damaging my soul, I'm on the verge of becoming that guy who tks.

Shield defender isn't even that far-fetched, given how deployable shields were originally intended to be a viable defensive item when just held in your hands.

>shotgun secondaries
RIP Buck he's useless now

Seems you're the one that cant act like a normal human being in a social environment.

maybe it's going to be like a pump shotgun, making his key still unique in some way, might also slower to switch to

>Squeaker confirmation.

Knew it.

In the shooter Blacklight Retribution you had a 2 handed shield which could be placed down as cover

In siege it could work like this a 2 handed shield which you can deploy as a large deployable shield

Ubisoft knew in year 1 they made to much roaming defenders and with Mira being a THICC 3 speed they are making more on point defenders

I'm nearly 30, champ.

in the some of the old beta or alpha footage you can see people ADS without exposing their heads, wonder if we can get that

>shotgun secondary
>is a normal, probably weaker, shotgun you can bring instead of a pistol, makes tiny holes to shoot through
>buck
>can INSTANTLY switch from gun mode to kool aide man and punch man sized holes in walls to fly through like sledge on maple syrup
>also grenades and a dmr while jackal is rocking a pea shooter

>multiplayer is supposedly a simulation
>spawnkilling is allowed

It has some weird-ass recoil going on, especially visually, which makes it's rate of fire advantage fairly worthless. (All the "rate of fire op" guns like the smg-11 and the FAMAS are only great because they also have fairly predictable recoil to go with the high rate of fire.)
It doesn't help that it's already lackluster attachments don't seem to do much to mitigate it either.
By comparison, the para does more damage, it's recoil is actually predictable, and it's 30 round mag is more than enough for PvP usage anyway.

Are DMRs good now?
I thought they were meant to be shit still?

DMRs have always been good experiment a little

Buck's DMR has ridiculously low recoil and can fire almost as fast as you can click M1.

CoD: Black Ops 2 had one of those too, I think.

Yeah, I know,
>CoD

>e3 demo
>had live helicopter rappel insertions to the roof
>removed from final game in typical ubi downgrade fashion

>God damn it Jager not again

Dont worry we dont act like reddit here the anti COD circle jerk is a meme now

Bucks still faster

I don't see the point, the mp5 is worse than the gign one (maybe not but i dont like silencers) and the shotgun is just a shotgun. I can play mute and actually jam stuff or piss about on my drone which hardly ever works.

>people discuss cawadood on /v/ or Veeky Forums
>always that one guy stuck in 2009 mode REEEEEEs to try and fit in
I mean you can't blame him for being cautious, it's a mediocre series overall and overrated and nothing has come close to WaW and its soundtrack since but simply mentioning it isn't a capital offense

DMRs have always been good if used in the right way.
That is to say, to hold long sightlines, and to assault in situations where the enemy has other distractions to worry about.
They're just shit for 1v1 peek fights since you can't prefire like you could with an automatic rifle.
1v1 peek fights are just pretty common for solo queue play, and that's why the "DMR is shit" meme came about.

shut the fuck up, do you even realise how retarded a helicopter spawn point would be?

>have to watch a gay little cutscene before every round starts
>would be the only picked location as you could spawn on top of the fucking objective and not ever get spawnkilled

theres a reason they do these things beyond muh downgrades ;-(

That wasnt a demo you know

>we should accept these awful spawn points because this better one would outshine them
>the cutscene is SO painful, and the animation couldn't happen in the background while you droned, but watching the overhead map for twice as long if you lose all your drones is fine
ubi defense force out in preparation for the spaniards I see

Quite clearly a Vector in

well they called it a """""""demo""""""" despite it being one giant scripted bullshot so I go by that
it doesn't only have to be a helo, but the point is there are options for spawnpeek proof spawns that also make perfect sense for simulated oper8in. and spawning on top of house barely matters time wise since it's 5 seconds to the wall anyway
>this spawn would be too strong
>but the obvious downside that would balance it in relation to the existing spawn points is gay

dude i hate ubisoft more than most of the circlejerking cucks in this thread but a helicopter spawn point would be retarded

seriously think about it what are you proposing? to have only one spawn point on the map?

you got memed by a shitty scripted e3 trailer get over it bucko

>implying simulations wouldn't allow all possibilities to ensure training is at the highest realistic risk level possible
Shit point

>yfw walking backwards is the ultimate counter to Jackal

Would you also like

No preplaced barricades

Entire floors getting destroyed (well this would be awesome but the balance is a fucking nightmare"

when you run outside you dont get detected

>pugs defeat jackal by sprinting everywhere constantly anyway and its just a giant mess of boot-like tentacles

can you speak like a person and not a buzzword spewing /pol/ "cuck", "bucko"?
>can only pick one to two spawns on half the maps anyway due to spawnpeeking invalidating half of them
>all possibilities
>instead of approaching from 360 degrees around the sieged location, attackers spawn in 3 pre-determined spots that the defenders are aware of ahead of time
shit point
>bringing back one cut thing means you need to bring back all the bad cut things
good arguments you have there

>when you run outside you dont get detected

Defenders would win 99% of games if they weren't retarded and this was allowed

Is Ubi even planning on giving it a buff? I mean, I can't be the only one who likes big guns?

>Don't forget that defenders could move the hostage whenever they wanted! And it was so cool how the Hostage talked and whined at the drone to give away it's position for the truly cinematic experience! Fucking ubi downgrades all of the coolest shit about their games so they're not even worth playing >:((
Seriously though the amount of dust, bloom and contrast in the e3 demo was fucking ridiculous. People complain about the lighting now, so why the hell do people want the game to look the way it did at E3? The recoil looked fucking atrocious too, but "oh well, chock it up to another Ubi downgrade! :/"

>Caveira hiding outside with no detection

what the fuck are you even suggesting cuck

Defenders should at least be able to see like normal while outside, instead of having the red horror border fuck everything up.

IDGAF about being detected, I just need to be able to see my kill.

>listening to shitters saying going outside should kill you in 2 seconds
What

>it was so cool how the Hostage talked and whined at the drone to give away it's position
>Was
Nigger that happened to me just a couple days ago.

You're right, attackers should be allowed to win every round as they approach the building in complete safety. Peekers should get instantly sniped by ai if a pixel of them is exposed to the outside because it's realistic. Attackers should be able to spawn on top of the building because getting retaliated against as I beeline towards the first entrance I see is unfair :(

Its more of an argument of

Realistic coolness and balance

Breaching anywhere on a floor is awesome as fuck as an attacker but is it fun for defenders?

Moving the hostage constantly is cool for a defender but is it for an attacker?

Defenders not getting detected when they run outside seems cool but then the game turns into cod

A Helicopter dropping you off or even spawning on the roof is cool but whats the fucking point with the other spawns then?

why can't attackers piggy back a breacher to let them breach from the floor up?

She literally crouched down and talked to the drone, that doesn't happen anymore.
Now all the Hostages do is face the drone and reach their hands out slighlty if you stick by them for a few seconds.

full floor destruction sounds great until you destroy the floor around all the doors and just sit on the floor above. Top floor guaranteed win.

Is it possible to out peak and shoot people using Holo and reflex against ACOG when playing against good shooters?

I feel like using ACOG has been fucking me over at any distance that isn't across map or peaking in Windows..

I haven't seen the female hostage for awhile.

Did they remove her?

She was sexy and thick as fuck.

Super dead

Literally kys

I haven't seen any hostage in a long time.

better spawns that discourage the instant flavor of spawn peeking (not necessarily the memecopter from the e3 video) you killing yourself
you're right, defenders should be able to move freely around the entire map and pick a firing point on one of three preset locations the attackers have to choose from, some of which have literally zero (0) cover and prefire on them killing attackers the second they materialize or cover the only path they can take because having to think and cover multiple paths with my acog jager carbine is unfair :(

Miras gadget sounds so fucking retarded when you 1st hear about it but ingame is actually pretty fucking awesome

Shes like the bandit trick but better

ok so better spawns = put one on the roof which will be objectively superior to all others.

the maps were clearly designed with the spawns in mind so they arent going to add anymore.

cuck

Yeah pretty much. It'd be cool for there to be a lot of features in the game, but only for the person who could utilize the feature. Coolness is 50% how fun, or at least interesing it'd be for a feature or mechanic to be played against. If you ignore that you start to get into killstreak and Tonefall 2 territory.

>this angry about fucking nothing
You made my day user, have a good one yourself

In the Alpha (the real alpha not E3 shit) some hatches were large fucking rectangles

>adding/changing one spawn means you must leave all other spawns and the map exactly how it is
or, and hear me out, improve all of them
>designed with the spawns in mind
oh, clearly, plopping you down behind random cover (2/3 times) so you can run at the building and climb up any access point is so sacred, I'm sure moving, say, kafe back alley away from that bustable wall or that one kanal spawn you can directly see from control would RUIN the map as a whole, and putting them on the roof they were headed for anyway, that you can hear where they walk and shoot as they hop down if they're careless, is completely game breaking, sure showed me mr. game designer

> mira on favela

If any maps have legitimate issues with spawn peeking, and I mean actual spawn peeking and instant runout spraydowns, then all they need is more cover. Reuse truck models as a last resort, but instant roof access would push attacker win rate way out of proportion

So I was going though the older Rainbow 6 games and I found Lockdown

Now Lockdown might have been shit but I noticed something.

Lockdown is literally Siege

youtube.com/watch?v=H_egGmoYcXE

Probably more interesting than nothing but square hatches. More interesting vertical geometry seems way more fun to play with than even the current non-hatch floor destruction we have now. Shooting through those metal struts aint fun, especially from below.

So a medic Attacker with healing grenades?

and an attacker who can hack cameras

confirmed?

I can give out 1 invite to the Wildlands beta PC if anyone wants it, first reply with Uplay name getsit.