Tesla pledges to make 5,000 Model 3s a week by end of 2017

>Tesla has pledged to hit a production target of 5,000 Model 3s every week by the end of 2017 and even plans to increase that to 10,000 a week at some point in 2018. While a massive increase over its traditional production levels, it will be necessary, as Tesla has taken deposits for several hundred thousand Model 3s, on top of its trickle of sales for its more expensive models.

Will he be able to do it Veeky Forums?

Is he Veeky Forumsur guy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=glEvogjdEVY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Sure, why not, he's already richer than god and is landing rockets backwards. Why can't he make a few cars?

But Veeky Forums hates Elon, he doesn't make cars that go vroom vroom to show how macho you are.

because volume car production is fucking hard as fuck
its going to be a bumpy initial launch

>landing rockets backwards
What other way is there to land one? Upside-down and in a pile of it's own debris?

>implications

>Upside-down and in a pile of it's own debris?
Yeah, thats pretty much what they've been doing since the start.

>Tesla has pledged to hit a production target of 5,000 Model 3s every week

Caveat: If no unforeseen problems occur.
A pledge means very little unless it comes from someone who has backed it up with a rebate or discount. Or if their reputation is that of never lying such as Warren Buffett.

ice cuckolds btfo

When has Musk lied?

I don't know where the Veeky Forums people that said Musk would never be able to compete with the big 3 are right now....

>because volume car production is fucking hard as fuck

Pretty sure breakthrough rocket technology is harder...

Makes no sound. No afterfire.

If you don't drive an Alfa, you're driving a beta.

It looks a bit like a catfish

Battery exchange program

With production marks this high will the cost to own one of these beauties go down?

>driving cars instead of horses

How big of a fucking pussy are you?

thats what she said xd

Explain how he lied please.

Yes, prices will only go down from now on as mass production increases and battery tech gets cheaper and cheaper.

you'd be surprised
also, different companies, even though elon does the fancy stage shows for both

He got into trouble during the financing deals with the solar power company in addition to shady accounting practices. Since he is the head, when his immediate chiefs under him lie, it should be attributable to him as well. He then decided to merge the solar power company into Tesla which is good for him but not for the investors. But Elon is about taking advantage of USA taxpayers too with all those subsidies and grants in the beginning. And his car sales were subsidized by taxpayers as well.

So before you give him a lot of credit, it was GM that beat him to mass market of electric vehicles. So it's not like he was first place in anything but taking advantage of all types of subsidies by taxpayers and integrating them all together.

So... he lied because of your feelings?

He doesn't know who I am, so my feelings don't matter to him.

Then why do you post about your feelings? i asked you to show me how he has lied.

He said it would happen. It didn't

>it was GM that beat him to mass market of electric vehicles
GM FANGIRL DETECTED

>Will he be able to do it Veeky Forums?
still waiting for the super battery he promised to mass produce by 2015.

see

There is a tesla dealer near my house with a few model 3's but the front looks different from this.

Did they facelift before they even released the damn thing?

>no grip
>ugly
>cheaply made
>heavier than a dump truck
>can only go fast for three minutes
Just learn to accept progress, goyim! Stop being a luddite!

>Did they facelift before they even released the damn thing?
Model 3 will be the commonly available model. So no need to do a facelift. Save the new body design for the next generation of premium cars.

>memes
>memes
>memes
>memes
>memes
The city of (you)

he's not wrong you know
the Tesla 3 and Teslas in general being good is a meme, unlike the Giulia Quadrifoglio being good
>when you overheat at Nürburgring

>Will he be able to do it Veeky Forums?
He negotiated to build a gigafactory in China.

just give it like five more years :^)
everyone will be driving Tesla by 2̶̶0̶̶2̶̶0̶ 2025.

1.) No
2.) His rockets are not known for reliability

>breakthrough rocket technology
californian marketing at it again

His endgame is building one in each mayor continent.

>rockets are not known for reliability
FTFY

So we'll see a total of 5000 Model 3s made in 2017

because tesla owners didn't want it. They did a survey and people had emotional attachments to "their" battery

he didn't lie

>can't be driven at all in most of the country
>grotesquely overloaded with electronics
>not really that good for the environment
>very few choices in models
>huge question marks on reliability
>no aftermarket/third party support
>can't be driven at all in most of the country
tesla motors embodies the opposite of Veeky Forums's values.

>no
>lol?
>you don't buy a tesla to fight global warming, idiot
>not an argument
>nope
>no shit
>nope

shoo shoo stinky shill

>liberal arts major can't deal with reality
okay

>instead of providing evidence for your claims you assume a quality of the person criticizing you and attack that instead

Veeky Forums in a nutshell, people

I never thought that ICEtards could be so childish... :^)

You need to work on that reading comprehension.

I'm implying they're going to start production the last week of 2017

Im not implying anything, im saying that you need to work your reading comprehension because a 9 yr old understands words better than you.

If they plan to work 24/24
This is 30 cars an hour for 5000 model a week.
and 60cars / hr for 10 000 a week.

Good luck tesla. I hope they do not expect that because they made them, the cars will be sold.

uhh dude there are 375,000 pre-orders

$1,000 deposit for each one

Let me know when they production of the batteries for Tesla cars is 100% sustainable.
And also let me know when it doesn't weight more than freight train.
And also let me know when the self driving AI part is uncucked in my state.
Tesla is a meme.

so because it weighs more than a completely different type of car, and because some legislators are dumb in your area, the company is a meme?

you're a meme, buddy

Every car Tesla makes right now is already sold.
Every Model 3 that Tesla will make for 1 year will be sold before it leaves the line.

>Tesla is a meme.
Yeah Tesla is such a meme that every car manufacturer is scrambling to compete with them.

Gonna need some source on that buddy. Tesla is wrecking havoc on the environment with pollution and Elon Musk participates in shady business practices. I get it you, you're a very sensitive Hillary supporter liberal arts vegan feminist but Tesla is a shit company.

How does one company trigger so many Veeky Forumstists?

Who?

>can just barely make it between stations or to a station and back if there are no complications whatsoever; any time you go out of town you have to memorize recharging locations instead of just pulling over wherever you want
>there's no accounting for taste, but the fact is that more electronics mean a less physical and tactile driving experience
>environmentalism is the entire selling point of the electric segment, and it's largely a false promise
>entirely and straightforwardly an argument
>it's a very new brand with innovation in everything and the inherent durability issues of batteries; there is no affirmative evidence of reliability and no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt
>acting unsurprised by an important drawback is not a counterargument
>it's a major hassle at best

Just imagine that someone came up with a technology that far surpasses everything you learned and claim to love since you were a kid.

textbook willful blindness here

>But Elon said it's not true so it must be so

STATION TO STATION

Neither one has to do with each other.

Have you not seen any news about the Gigafactory? Or do you expect everything at the instant you ask for them?

I think you underestimate what makes this such a big deal.

youtube.com/watch?v=glEvogjdEVY

Previously, booster rockets get discarded over the ocean and that's why all launch sites are coastal. The reusable shuttle glides down like an airplane. With the rocket-landing tech he's created, neither of those have to happen anymore, which saves the money on constructing new booster rockets every time we launch something (a shit-ton of money), and allows weirder shuttle designs that don't need to be aerodynamic like a plane.

stale meme

Read the post again, you retard

Electric motors are great and all for dat torque but they'll be faggotry until battery tech advances to match. Currently, electric cars have limited range, immense weight, and charge too slowly compared to pumping gas. If you want to drive spiritedly, you'll also drain the batteries that much faster, which wouldn't be a problem in a gas car because you can just fill up. But in an electric?
>hey man you ready to go?
>nah my car is still charging, I stop-light-raced someone earlier to prove how superior electric motors are, and now I'm at 5%. It'll be about four hours until I'm full.

Can you imagine cross country road trips in an electric? No such thing as "making good time." You make as much distance as possible in a day, milking your batteries by driving like a grandma because you know that as soon as it's empty, you may as well stop for the night and plug in at a hotel.

>far surpasses everything you learned and claim to love since you were a kid.
I'd be all over it. Too bad the Teslas can't complete a Nürburgring lap without overheating.
Now the NextEV Nio EP9, that's an electric car I'd love to have.
>imagine that someone came up
>implying Tesla invented anything
kek, they're the Apple of the car world

too bad his rockets explode on a regular basis
>trusting elon
>at all
lol
enjoy the people who are good with cyber hijacking your car remotely

Oh no, he was late. He's a liar forever and an evil meanie face.

I never said I trusted him, I'm explaining to an apparent idiot why recovering a booster rocket or landing vertically is something people want to do.

And failures and explosions are par for the course in rocket science advancements.

>elon is always right!

I never knew how common it was to make a rocket land again

>Elon missed a deadline so now he's an evil poopy butthole

>elon can never be wrong!

>when you have to use the burgerkingring to validate two cars that you'll never buy

And you'll use the "ludicrus" acceleration?

>he needs anything besides his 2 god-given legs to get around
fucking millennial pussies

Battery tech is advancing at lighting speed, it already went down in price like 500% in less than a decade.

it's the sort of thing that builds on itself.

Each advancement allows for more advancements - at least for the short term.

>and that's why all launch sites are coastal.
Negative shitlick
launch sites are coastal because flying an ENORMOUS BOMB THAT HAS A SIGNIFICANT STATISTICAL PROBABILITY OF FAILING OVER AN INHABITED AREA is not a good idea

>Battery tech is advancing at lighting speed
Actually no, battery tech has pretty much stagnated at the moment. Lithium batteries are pretty much 99% as good as they'll ever be right now. There is no silver bullet imminent, there are no more "huge advances just around the corner" the next huge step forward will be in a totally different type of battery, probably something involving nano-shit, and it's at least 10 years away.

I know why it's important, I'm just questioning someone's use of language.

>His rockets are not known for reliability
Rockets in general are hard to make so they don't explode. The Soyuz sets a high standard because it's basically the VW beetle of rockets. When you're using the same design since you lofted Sputnik, you can make it reliable. And even then, they occasionally explode or go off-course and explode.

I'm waiting for the used market on the model 3, myself. If they're viable as a DD and still reliable at three years old, then I'm going to get one.

Actually yes.

Prove it

All the telsla chargers here are always full. Especially after work hours, when the people who live nearby charge for free instead of at home.

Thats not how burden of proof works.

You talk like you know stuff, but it's obvious you've got no fucking clue.

All the cutting edge stuff it behind NDAs and only published in scientific journals because the average person wouldn't understand it. The average American even less so.
How do I know that? My sister does electron microscopy for a living, and what she IS allowed to talk about, you need a BA in physics to understand the principles of.
There's a very small amount of people qualified to understand that shit, let alone do it.

It is now

>The average American
kek I'm a part of the industry nigga

fuck 1000 dollars a month payments.

asian massages add up even if your good looking

No, you are just retarded and can't make a proper argument that isn't based on pure opinion.

k

>emotional attachments to their battery
what the fuck?

That's like developing an emotional attachment to a cell phone battery, or a tank of gas.

Surely you jest.

See