How do Torque Converters work?

How do Torque Converters work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xm8EHTTNPEg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

By Youtube.. And Internet..

But they use oil and they slosh it around.. Fill your mouth with semen, the. Squirt it at something, the thing falls over.. Thats basically it..

Also QTDDTOT

how far can you spit semen, user?

ancient space magic.

There are two turbines, one is the input and spins the fluid, which spins the second turbine. At a set RPM, they lock because slippage is no longer needed.

there are two fans (essentially) immersed in liquid. When the fan connected to the engine spins, it moves the liquid, spinning the fan connected to the transmission. When you reach a certain speed, these two fans lock together so that you're getting 100% of the power transmission.

This is why you can sit at a red light with your foot on the brake and the engine won't stall, but it will creep forward when you take your foot off.

Far enough to make a complete mess of you, darling.

Input shaft (from the engine) spins a propellor. First propellor spins fluid in a casing. Fluid spins second propeller.

Without any load on the engine, the fluid doesn't get spun hard enough, and the second propeller doesn't spin - the car doesn't move. When the engine starts revving up, it spins the propellers hard enough to get moving.

Not to say you are wrong: but not all cars have Lock Up Torque Convertors.

Although they should all have them.

Why should they?

Because at "highway speeds" they connevt the gearbox and the engine together directly, so you dont have to rev the engine higher the fling more somalian semen to spin the wheels.

It just drops a few hundred rpm of your cruising speed.

my soul for a 2002

i know that feel bro

those are some gay looking cars

torque converters rely on slip to transmit power
no slip no power
but the slip means that your engine is turning faster than it should (while making just as much torque)
Power is torque multiplied by rotational speed
By engaging the lockup-clutch, you no longer need 10-20% slippage to transmit your torque, therefore your engine burns that much less fuel.

t. low test faggot

London????

Mogadishu, Somalia my love

My soul for a Fulvia, because muh V4

Imagine a bowl of pancake batter. Stirring the bowl without touching it is how it transfers power to the transmission. At a stop, put your hand on the bowl but keep stirring because that's the engine running.

They're not even expensive

nah they got boomer taxes now.

They've changed a little over time, but this is essentially how.

youtu.be/xm8EHTTNPEg

fluid coupling