/ovg/ - Grand Prix Losers edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the last safe place to discuss racing vidya and vidya including cars with blatant fanboyism, intimidation, and shilling!

Previous Thread , new thread will be made at the bump limit (310 replies).

Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

>not fixing the OP
GJ

5%th for DVD Rewinders

Third for don't make mistakes.

>He drives auto

>He toggles AI

that le voldemort face when you really want forza horizon 3 but you don't want to install windows 10

>AC

Dual boot, friend.

buy an xbox one

Install Windows 10

nth for people delusional enough to consider SJ's hugbox as a threat for ovg

That's what they want you to think

>hit wall
>crash

wooooooooooooooooooooooooow i thought damage was 5%

we have you all figured out

Good try, but I have my tin foil hat on. You can't pull me in your veil of safe security.
Always #woke, all the time.

reminder that /ovg/ is a spook

Really flim flams my slim slams

>Look brother! He crashed again!
>lol what a loser, it's the third car he crashed in the weekend. What a shitter.
>I know right?

>He doesn't play with AWD,V12 swap, all assist on in online.

Why even play?

>Why even play?
Who said I'm playing anymore? The AI can do it for me.

Reminder that /ovg/ isn't properly #WOKE yet, and it is through through the power of being awoken that you can learn who controls the world.

>kunos try and make something for the weeaboo part of the community
>it turns into an 8 lane freeway with a slight incline and no tight corners

Kek

Make it 4, add the rainbow bridge and you got a part of the wangan

>8 lane
>Not 50 lane

when
h
e
n

what the fuck is this

NEVER EVER

that's called a bottleneck user

The queue to get into Magnificent Park when GT3 is in town

Dear God the pain of setting up a new PC.

Call 1-800-SJ-PCREPAIR

LET'S CHANGE THE SUBJECT!

Fuck iRacing and fuck Daytona 500

>races on a lawn chair and shitty dfgt
>years of shitting on Ian Bell
>suddenly friendly with the man to the point of having him on speed dial
>shits non stop on simbin for no real reason
>pcars2 beta tester
>proud owner of a hans device
>new pc

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Intel + nVidia or kys

Can we discuss the possibility of Ian Bell Steals Your Money In Exchange For an Unfinished Simulator 2 being a good game, /ovg/?

To be fair, bought the G29 for my birthday, the hans/helmet combo were attained with iRacing money, and ZG is the pCars 2 tester.

should've waited for RYZEN faget, return your cpu and motherboard now

***THETA WAVE DETECTED***
***BOGDABOT MK.XXVIII ACTIVATED***
***ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL***
THIS IS AN OFFICIAL MESSAGE FROM IGOR YOURIEVITCH OSTEN-SACKEN-BOGDANOFF & GRICHKA YOURIEVITCH OSTEN-SACKEN-BOGDANOFF

IN THE INTEREST OF MADNESS, THE MACAU RACE WILL BE SPLIT INTO 2 (TWO) 30 (THIRTY) MINUTE RACES. THE GRID FOR RACE 2 WILL BE THE REVERSE FINISHING ORDER OF RACE 1.
THAT IS ALL.
***END OF MESSAGE***
***DISENGAGING***
***DISPOSING OF MEAT VESSEL***

>implying the shadow gubmint can into grid order

Shadow government strikes again.

What game is this?

rFactor with the Ultimate GT3 mod

I'm okay with this.

Is this only for Macau?

>tfw if I even have the time to race it'll only be for one of the races

>tfw missing this weekend's autism altogether

Looking forward to the shitposting in the thread afterwards already

MOST LIKELY YES

>Buying AMD shit

You're just asking for shitty performance aren't you?

shoo shoo israel

>he didn't buy AMD the last time they were ahead

>(((INTERNAL BENCHMARKING)))

You should know better, remember Bulldozer?

even faildozer had its fair share of negative leaks and people ended up believing in what they wanted to

ryzen is just varying degrees of positivity

This is going to be interesting.

It's chink rush hour on one of their communist holidays or whatever

Horizon 3 M3 only series when?

BMW M3 Challenge M3 only series when?

Perhaps, we will see though.

How do we fix rFactor 2?

More good content

@16717941
Subscribed, and more daily life blogs my man?

SAY NO MORE

t. Von

/simg/ told me to come here, Is there a racing game tier list?

I really liked Sega GT 2002 on the Xbox and Forza 2 on the 360 but they both died a few years back. I saw Forza 6 is on the PC but my processor is below minspec.

I don't want an arcade racer, I want a nice simulator with car customization

>nice simulator with car customization

Doesn't exist

>I want a nice simulator with car customization
Forza is your only choice. None of the other sims have car customization like Forza does

>sim

Don't forget that Forza 6 on PC doesn't have any of that

fug :DDDDD

seriously?

Yeah sadly, it's called Forza 6 Apex for a reason

I really don't see why they won't implement livery design or online multiplayer for Apex.

because microsoft is full of a bunch of dicklicking knuckledragging faggot retards. what else is new?

Doesn't exist and if you knew anything about sims you'd know why you don't really want one/how impractical it is to be accurate.

so you're saying the only way to get what I want is to shell out for Mr Shekelstein's Magic DirectX Box?

Forza and Gran Turismo are simlike games. You can probably emulate GT3 and GT4 on your computer. I wouldn't recommend and Xbox.

>simulator
rf1/2, ac, iracing
>simlike
gran turismo, forza
>simcade
some need for speeds, burnouts, forza horizon

well, you can make your own cars for rfactor or assetto corsa or whatever. that's pretty much best you can get when you want to mix simulation with customizable rides.

just play gran turismo. it's okay, it's fun game

Change simlike to simcade and simcade to arcade, then you'd be right

>rf1/2, ac
>simulators

I couldn't think of the right simcade titles but I think GT and Forza fit a niche closer to sim than plain old simcade. And there can be a big difference between simcade and arcade.

...what

all the NFS games are arcade racers, that's the entire point of the series.
Shift series don't count because SMS deliberately made them wrong, as a joke.

GT and Forza are still simulators, their flaws arise from the focus on a large car roster instead of dead-on physics fidelity, but both games use real-world data to replicate real cars as realistically as possible. You can make a basically undrivable 1000-horsepower AWD Nascar V8 Ford Focus in Forza, but from a practical standpoint such a car isn't outside the realm of possibility-- iirc an Australian company actually builds RWD V8 Ford Focuses, there was one at the Dubai 24h last year and I think they were at Bathurst this year.

You wouldn't call MS Flight Simulator an "arcade" flight game because it doesn't appropriately simulate crashing into buildings, would you? Nor would you doubt the simulation authenticity of X-Plane even if you managed to put an X-15 in orbit with infinite fuel. Just because the game lets you do shit that's neva' been done befo' doesn't make it an arcade game.

pic related, this is an actual arcade racer.
Note the impossible clutchless gearshift that's required to send the car into a slide that would send any real stock car into the wall, the AI that moves slower and behaves physically different from the player's car, the massive flipping crash with canned animation and of course the car is capable of its usual top speed afterwards even though it's gone 30 feet in the air and the back end is twerking like its name is Shaniqua. Key to the arcade racer concept is that gameplay is primarily visual and mistakes are not fatal. Anyone whose played Forza or GT knows you have a much smaller margin of error than in an arcade racer, and there are enough raw simulator aspects to keep them from being lumped in with actual Simcade like the TOCA Race Driver games, World Racing, Flatout, etc.

>When everyone here forgot about his birthday and one bored user has to acknowledge it

There is a massive difference. Simcade games generally offer realistically-handling vehicles but don't let you tweak settings, or if they do they are usually very basic sliders for traits, such as over/understeer, suspension stiffness, or gear ratio. Good examples of this are the Tokyo Extreme Racer games, 4X4 Evo, Monster Truck Madness, and F-Zero.

I personally consider the San Francisco Rush games to be simcade, as they present a rather realistic handling and suspension model (for the time), customization of driving dynamics, and a highly detailed physics engine that rewards good driving technique while also allowing you to barrel-roll your car off the top of Lombard Street at 200 MPH with a pair of retractable thruster-wings (fuck you it's the future).

>forza horizon
>simcade

fh3 offers the best simulation on the market right now

How do we fix /OVG/?

by typing it correctly you knucklehead

How do we fix /ovg/?

by merging it with pretendracecars.net and making series paid only
you bet people are going to be careful on the track when they have to pay $30 for two hours of racing

Adding more mtf drivers. Seriously, I need some ass.

>iirc an Australian company actually builds RWD V8 Ford Focuses
No, they build RWD race cars with Focus bodies.

I can be your gf (male)

Is online for this thing still available?

17 hours till skin deadline for round 5

>Forza and Gran Turismo are simlike games
they are sims

How do i become the shitter in racing games?

Okay, you know how you drive when hotlapping? Do that regardless of whether or not there are other cars around.

Participating in SJ's latest entry to take down the shadow government