Looking for a reliablw ride to get me back and forth to school for the next few years

Looking for a reliablw ride to get me back and forth to school for the next few years.

2013 Kia Soul, 63000 miles, it was a rental car for the first 2.5 years, after that it was privately owned for a year.

One reported accident on the car fax, slight rear end damage but everything looks clean.

$8500

Seems like a solid deal to me. How about you guys?

so it has been brutally abused by a number of different people for 63K miles and they are still asking 8,5K for it...

Does not sound solid, at all.

Do you have a car already?

>one accident
>63k in 3-4 years
>RENTAL CAR

Stay away.

That was my biggest concern, anything I should pay attention to during a test drive / inspection?

Why do you want to drive a tampon, OP?

Never buy a rental car, or any Kia for that matter. And definitely don't spend $8500 for it.

Honestly, this seems like a shit deal all around.

You'd be better off with a real car.

Could you be more specific?

well first things first.

Its your money, your daily and ultimately your choice. But theres a few things that are red flags, for me at least.

>Kia
personally, i wouldnt buy one. Not sure about their reliability or quality.
>rental car
The fastest cars on earth are rental cars. Be weary of them because people dont really give a fuck about them, they get thrashed and fucked around with alot.
>owned for one year privately
Why did they only want it a year? Maybe because its shit. A year isnt long to have a new car, expecially if it cost them like 10,000 dollars or whatever.

>63,000 miles and already had an accident
personally i wouldnt buy any car that has had accident history.

>$8500
I dunno where you live but im sure you could get something better.

Dont be afraid of higher miles, it literally doesn't matter as long as the car has good service history. Infact, many cars under 100,000 miles may not have presented possible problems yet. If a car has done 100,000 miles, had its belts and whatnot replaced, with regular servicing, then its probably a pretty solid vehicle with no hidden fuckups.

Goodluck!

>Rental
>8k

nope

If you like that styling, maybe try look for a suzuki ignis instead? The new one looks pretty in my opinion.

>doesnt see the issue in buying a rental car

Yeah actually go ahead it's perfect for you.

blood and cum stains on the back seat

What do you drive now? Are you trying to pay cash or finance?

Do not get this. If you want reliable just get a Toyota or some other generic econobox. Stay away from rental cars, people abuse the fuck out of rentals because hey, they aren't theirs

They don't sell those in North America.

Never buy a rental ever.

Everyone you talk to including me who has ever rented a car will tell you stories of the time they got a rental and absolutely thrashed the bitch.

And a Kia Soul for 8500 in first place no matter the mileage is a shitty deal. Kia only recently has started to make quality cars that don't shit themselves after 50k

I can't even count on two hands the amount of rental cars I've thrashed because companies don't check anything.

It's fun to race and dother silly stuff on someone else's dime (^:

*note: only referring to rental car companies*

Does anyone have experience buying used Police Interceptors? I've been eyeing an '08 140k one. Seems solid, though I'd imagine it has been driven pretty hard. Going to go look at it tomorrow.

I'd say go for it, Police may thrash on them pretty hard but they have to keep up on maintenence and any work that needs to be done gets done so it's probably fine if not great

Holy fuck. Run, not walk, away from that deal.

>5 year old korean shitbox rental car
>current owner kept it for only 1 year for some reason
>$8500
yeah sounds like a great deal you should jump right on it

>because companies don't check anything.

They don't (*can't -- liability) let a car get rented if something is broken, and if you can't rent it, it's losing money so usually the car gets to the mechanic immediately. And because the money is coming out of a large company's bank account, the rental office don't skimp on what needs to be fixed.

worked as a rental agent for the biggest rental company

I didn't know that, thanks for the info. Does that mean after x amount of rentals they sell as is making it unknown if it's worth buying or not?

WHAT DO YOU DRIVE NOW?

I'd look for weed and oily hair stains, because niggers love the fuck out of these things. Or better yet, don't fucking test drive it, walk away.

Everything gets tracked religiously by the computer system. When the car hits X amount of miles it get's marked and the Sales division would take the car to sell it to public.

X is the amount of miles with best calculated sale value

I'm not saying rental cars don't get beat on. Because they do. They get beat to shit. I cannot stress that enough. But they also get maintained better than most people maintain their own cars.

2012 wrx. Not looking for a car.

Ahh, I see. Thanks for sharing.

OP here, Kia was a no go, but they have

> 2015 Dodge Dart
>12000 miles
>$11500

>2015 Nissan Altima
>13000 miles
> $15000

I only made it with an hour to spare tonight so I didn't get a good look at the Altima, but the Dart was outwardly very clean.

Gonna go tomorrow after class and hopefully see a car fax.

Any notes on these models?

>buying a dodge
>buying a USED dodge
so you're simply retarded, is that what I'm getting from you?

>dodgy fart

Dodges unreliable?
How many miles do they usually get with routine maintenance before they turn into a money pit?

>Dodges unreliable?
lurk more faggot

you should look for a certified pre-owned fiat

Dodge dart is shit.
They didn't stop making it already because it's not shit. They stopped making it because it is shit.

I feel like I really need to drive that point home since you're even considering one

What do you drive now?

I bum a car from family.

06 Avalanche

Are you financing? You could buy better wheels for alot less bucko

post your local craigslist. were you trying to finance or pay cash?