Why is the UK so good at building fast cars?

Why is the UK so good at building fast cars?

This piece of shit was built in a shed by a couple of middle aged men on a shoestring budget, yet it's the fastest car on earth, based on the best current means of measuring speed - a 12.9 mile circuit designed to test cornering, endurance and straight-line speed.

>But m-muh Nissan

No weebs, your shitty GTR is about 20 seconds slower.

>But muh Viper

No burgers, that piece of shit's even slower.

>But muh Porsche

lol, no

its because it only has what it needs to move fast, other than roll hoops, harnesses and a fire suppression system it has no safety equipment
no traction control, no anti-lock brakes, no active yaw control...

>it's the fastest car on earth
No it isn't. This taped-together piece of shit is, at least if you're not counting formula and sport prototype cars.

lots of motorsport companies, lots of motorsport interest, not much else for engineering types to do besides motorsport

The UK does make the best cars

No that's Italy.

>UK so good at building fast cars?
They sure can

Literally their only goal with that car was ultimate performance. It's a tube frame, open top monster they've stick blinkers on. Are you somehow surprised it's faster than vehicles that were engineered to be methods of transport that you can use everyday as well as performance monsters?

Fuck off Guido

Germans built a much faster street legal car over 30 years ago. Putting headlights on a race car is not an accomplishment. Any US Can Am car from the 70s is faster than the Radical by a large margin.

kys nigel

>Being Butthurt

> Lots of circuits because the USA swiss-cheesed britain with airfields in WW2
> Strong motorsport tradition
> Rich cultural tradition of tinkering in sheds
> Lots of twisty roads to enjoy vehicles on
> Lots of high-tech industry and education to support world-leading defence and aerospace corporations
> Cheap, lightweight engines for sports bikes being churned out in massive quantities by Japan
> Lots of middle-class men with lots of disposable income and long-repressed dreams of being a racing driver
All those factors combine to a strong industry for track day toys.

Homologated le mans car.
Also a porch.

>Homologated le mans car.
Ok? What's your point, it's a street legal car, no different than the Radical, except much older, much faster, and much better engineered.

Radicals do have TCS, ABS, and torque vectoring

NISMO gt3 gtr is faster and has a roof

are you sure the Ultima Evolution 1020C isn't?

>Lots of circuits because the USA swiss-cheesed britain with airfields in WW2
lol wat
most of the WW2 airfields in britain were british unsurprisingly

Yeah, but all the really big ones were for american bombers. The little ones that were a grass field and a fistful of hangars just got built on to replace all the housing that got wrecked in the blitz.

Mediocre at building glorified gokarts maybe. Too bad the UK has absolutely no engine building skill what so ever and has to rely on others for engines.

There's a plethora of kit cars that cost half as much and would destroy that pigfat joke.

>plethora of kit cars
90% of which are made in britain as well.

literally the most succesful engine in F1 being a cosworth

Cosworth engines aren't a thing? Also triumph makes god tier bike engines.. and Norton was also god tier
Oh and can't forget the silky smooth jag engines

Probably. Aero counts for more than weight at these levels. It's impossible to say for sure, though.

>Britain has no engine building skill

except it's not faster

U are the one with the buttpain famalam

except it is

You can call something a car when it can be registered in more than just a country that gives a fucking motorised lounge a plate, faggot.

Doesn't even have a goddamn windshield, let alone that giant sharp wing handing out the sides ready to slice a cunt in half

>I can't have this in my country so it's not a caaaaaar reeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Your mewling cucked tears sustain me

Out of the top 10 nurburgring cars, the only 2 that aren't legal in the US, aus/nz and most european countries are the radicals.

Take your pretend road cars and fuck off until they had goddamn windshields

> waa waa not legal in the us waa waa waa
> waaaaa it's not an econobox cage waa waa

>Implying any country in the world has laws against wings

So you're implying that McLaren, Aston Martin, and Lotus are good, all of which are owned and designed the British, expect Lotus which is owned by an Indian company but designed by Brits.

It'd better be fast so you can at least get to your destination in the 20 minutes between breakdowns.

It was an absolute shitpost and i felt bad about it so i removed it.

And yes, I am implying that Aston, McLaren and Lotus, and Jaguar are all britty fucking good.

Legal in the UK, Japan and the Czech Republic :)

>muh race car
The NISMO gt3 gtr is faster and has a roof :^)

not all of them, i think only the pigfat RXC does

>aren't legal in the US
Couldn't give a shit about the land of the cucked. It's legal in first world countries so shut up.

Anybody can slap forged parts in a block and tune it. Cosworth is hardly a engineering marvel. British bikes are shit.

Ahh Jag engines. The 6 liter 12 cylinder boat anchors putting out 200hp on a good day that struggle to run on all 12 cylinders.

>being wrong

917 isn't the fastest though, no downforce. The 962 is the one with the nurburgring record that still stands.

>Cosworth is hardly a engineering marvel.

What about Formula One?

>complains about engine outsourcing, yet supports kit cars despite them all having outsourced engines

nearly all kit cars are from England, and I'd say probably all of them are based on an English design (e.g. Roaringforties in aus, superformance in South Africa).

I'd take a Ford Ka over anything German anyday.

>shoestring budget
the gearbox is $10k

but TVRs dont have any of that rubbish

>But muh Viper
>No burgers, that piece of shit's even slower.
Compare a street car to a a race cars made road legal in the UK. Does it meet US crash testing or emissions? Bet it doesn't. Saged and screw you OP.

You would be offered a Porsche 918 or a brand new Ford Ka SE 1.4 petrol
And you, britfriend, would take the Ka.
Good for you

Aren't most F1 teams and factory teams based in the UK?

To be fair the Viper doesn't meet US crash testing either