tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 7 (preview of Live Fire mode and more additions)
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-7/
1/23 Server patch notes
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/9811/titanfall-2-server-update-1-23-2017/

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

TERMINATED:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/f3hYCfJp
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nxDADMLQfHCO6Z-hO0Dv5FJ1HSv7JsPEdcfQpoELRkg/edit#gid=1601279539
youtube.com/watch?v=f_VL5O_IqL4
streamable.com/ygq1j
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

electricity-based titan WHEN
ronin doesn't count

SECOND FOR RONINS ARE DORKS

Similar to the "Reload Cancel" of the COD series, the addition of the Slide has allowed for this new reload animation cancel. Whatever weird effect the transition between slide and jump has on the reload states, the things that Respawn did to counter that simple cancel of COD now has a new workaround.

COD's cancel was easy enough since you just interrupted the animation after the "add time" where the ammo counter went up. Unlike COD where you could just forget about everything after the add time, you must complete the reload animations in Titanfall. Titanfall and T2's reload system breaks up the reload into several stages.

"reload_time" for the whole duration, and then "reload_time_late1" that occupies the last part of the whole time.
"reloadempty_time" "reloadempty_time_late1" and "reloadempty_time_late2" for obviously empty reloads.
The late1 times are roughly set to the point where you've removed the current mag and are bringing up another mag to load in. For empty reloads, the late2 to chamber a round by pulling the bolt/slide on guns.

If you were to interrupt the reload before you reached the late time, you would do the whole reload over.
If you interrupted after the late time, you'd replay the animation starting from the late time.

Whatever this "Slide Reload Jump Cancel" (SRJ Cancel?) is doing, it appears to cancel the reload animation and immediately move on to the Late1 time.
In the Flatline's case, it turns a 2.073 second total reload time into only its 0.6 second late1 time (plus the little bit it takes to perform the slidejump).
Or when empty, the 2.7 second empty reload is reduced to about 1.4 seconds.

that poor ronin, what was he thinking? do not do this. pic related is a pretty standard "rotation" that you can use when opening fights. reload and drop a smoke during the phase.
ronin isnt really a melee titan, hes more hit and run/pick your shots kinda thing. you only melee in very specific circumstances

>"Slide Reload Jump Cancel" (SRJ Cancel?)
IT BEGINS

it works with every gun
even stuff with segmented reloads (mastiff and softball), though you aren't going to see any real benefit in skipping one shell's loading animation; maybe for the mastiff's empty reloading into the chamber animation

we esports now

Why doesn't this work with certain guns?
Is it because they don't have a "reload_time_late1"?

>Is it because they don't have a "reload_time_late1"?
Which are the guns that do?

its definitely good but you guys are not mentioning its drawback: major energy drain. if you unload that much damage into a titan and dont kill it, or there is another enemy nearby, your entire kit is cutoff from you and you are defenseless.

Someone said it doesn't work with the CAR.

Is there a max regen for the factions? If so what is it? 10?

I'll admit my brief experience playing Ronin was pretty fun, thanks for the general advice.
I still personally think we'll get another sword Titan, the duels would be amazing.

Is there anything you really get from that?
I dont use anyone but Apex but Im considering switching.

It does work on the CAR, it's just not as blatant as the other weapons.

Every gun has a late1 (some even a late2 on partial reloads) although some do have pretty long late1 times. It does definitely work on every gun, but some aren't going to benefit as much.

For example, the Spitfire has a 2.8 second reload and a 1.8 second late1 time. The time you cut off will be minimal. Rather, the time at the end will still be pretty long so it may not look like it worked.

The CAR's times are 1.8 and 0.82, so that's slightly less than 1 second. The animation can throw you off because the animation brings up a mag before removing the other, the cancel does definitely speed it up.

For reference

In this case, what gun benefits the absolute most from SRJ cancel?

Guy who said it didn't work with the C.A.R. here. Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. I did feel it was a little quicker but I couldn't tell so I said it didn't work.

how broken would Northstar be if plasma railgun were buffed to become hitscan

Pro stunlock strats

SRJ cancel doesn't happen to work with L-Star does it?

The L-Star doesn't have a conventional reload, so probably not.

POST SCORCH

What does this even do to the Softball and the Mastiff?

If it does work though it would be incredibly significant because the gun doesn't have a conventional reload system. If the long animation could be shortened to the speeds seen in webms here or even just to normal weapon reload speeds that could completely change the outcome of some extended fights.

See

Working on a little macro to hold the charge rifle at almost ready to fire, works okay so far

you cant manage to do that yourself? its not hard you know

Here, put together all of the reload and late1 times in a pastebin.
pastebin.com/f3hYCfJp

The majority of weapons will cut off about one second from the total reload time. Many weapon reloads effectively are reduced to 1 second and change.
The Flatline looks to benefit the most, foillowed by the R-97.

The L-STAR does have a emptyreload of 6.0 and a Late1 of 4.7 seconds. You can cut off a bit if you time your last shot perfectly during the SRJ (can be a real pain in the ass since the L-STAR has a 75% chance of firing an extra shot when it overheats). Otherwise, it is fucked to its horribly slow cooldown/reload.

The Mastiff is one of two weapons that lacks a late time. You can't SRJ it. Every shell will take 1.03 seconds to reload.
The Softball however has a "reloadsegment_time_end" which may be a functional late time.
It's possible neither of them would benefit at all from a reload cancel.

effortless kills with scorch

will frothyfags ever learn

Jeez nothing triggers me like faggots saying the Softball is OP. Like holy shit, how can one person be that dumb.

i had someone screaming in another match about how "nobody aims" and they just run around too much, is this really what shooters are now

>softball
>cheese

Damn son. I know the grenadier weapons are 10x more powerful on KB+M but it still takes a lot of skill to thrash people with them.

buuuurn

If a pilot's rodeoing you, will shielding straight up as Scorch kill them as soon as they jump off, or do they not get high enough.

Woops, ignore that quote.

>use bumper jumper
>Can't aim titan defensives
>use pilot only bumper jumper
>can't get used to LB for jump

>join losing game late
>get entire enemy team mad at me
>get MVP by the end of the game with 8 titan kills
It is a pleasant feel

I tried that before, it does work if you have your back to a wall. Crouching may help.
If they jump off into the open, you may only nick them but not enough to kill them.

anyone using projectiles deserves respect tbqh

hitscan is so absurd in this game

Which guns have hitscan?

jesus, i never realized just how far the sparks from an amped mastiff fly
i kind of want to use it just to see them exploding off and around people as i dunk them

Practice my dude. I just switched over a week ago and I'm still having trouble hitting my tactical and my slide hops.

like every gun except:
Grenadiers
Wingman Elite
Lstar
Kraber
DoubleTake
EPG
Thunderbolt

Wingman Elite isn't hitscan? But standard Wingman is? This confuses me

That's why it is elite

i hate automantle so much
i cannot express it enough
i wish respawn wasn't retarded

got a table for ya
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nxDADMLQfHCO6Z-hO0Dv5FJ1HSv7JsPEdcfQpoELRkg/edit#gid=1601279539

What's your music for going FAST?

youtube.com/watch?v=f_VL5O_IqL4

how the hell did this happen? i actually use cold war full time now, just regened it. how can it possibly be my most efficient gun? before it was the mastiff because i used it for like 1 minute and got a kill without dying.
as you can see from my k/d ratio, im not the best player so this seems pretty weird

Wingman Elite is for all intents and purposes it's own gun. It's a projectile weapon, and all its stats are different. The Wingman E is just a Wingman because iunno Respawn is lazy I guess.

time for humblebrag
I've been using grenadier weapons almost exclusively since I've picked this game up, the playstyle that goes with them makes my dick hard.

Can someone give me a quick description of gameplay for this game? Is it a lot like COD? Because I can't say I'm a fan of the more recent ones.

Ever since I picked up the game, I have used hitscan for maybe a grand total of an hour of playtime. I quickly graduated into the wild world of Grenadiers and never looked back.

Changed my Wingman to the Wingman E when that released, and I never play Legion, so I have essentially entirely sworn off of hitscan. I have no regrets.

>northstar uses core
>flame shield eats it
>tone uses core
>flameshield does nothing
they're LITERALLY the same core wtf.

Quake but with robots.

Legion is my most used titan by far, I feel like I shouldn't enjoy using a hitscan aimbot every match, but I do.

sticking people right on the heels of their feet before they can get away is too satisfying

Tone is fucking busted. What else is new.
>WOW Tone you killed those 2 mechs 1v2, you're so skilled
>Here's another free kill to just barf out right as you die, wouldn't want you to go negative :^)

>this game has quirky secret reload animations

well fuck cant wait to see when more of these start cropping up

Why the FUCK do my teammates NEVER melee me when I get rodeo'd but the enemies can pick me off their friendly titans when I'm a fucking speck in the distance and they're spazzing out?

I guess this is why I'm enjoying Ronin. Basically a hard counter.

>arc on shields
>phase through missiles
>fuck it just dodge the missiles
>Tonefags can't aim against quick targets
>sit still dribbling as I phase behind and nuke eject

Nothing personel pilot. :3

yo what the FUCK?!?

Odd question.
What do you think the exchange rate for credits is? I'm assuming a lot, you can earn hundreds of dollars in BH but this somehow this only converts into a credit amount you can count on one hand.

tone and northstar's cores should do the same amount of damage. i mean fuck how different could "a billion missiles" perform in real life? why northstar's missiles are like firecrackers and tone's are like anime missiles escapes me.

i mean fuck viper wrecks an entire squadron with his missiles in campaign

stim is loud

If any xboners are looking to play, add/message me:
Mustard Goon

>be on Kodai
>LTS
>trying Ion out, trying to warm up to her
>2v1
>Tone abusing a nearly fucked Legion on my team
>drop through the hole in the middle of the fight
>use my back to shield the Legion
>Legion mag dumps into Vortex
>turn and fastball the Legions full man at Tones feet
>give the laser stare

Hate mail received from Tone. Love mail from Legion.

Shield is topkek. Makes me wish Ronin had a parry reflect rather than a straight block.

Join the Network. Generally activity is high on Happy Hour (9pm EST/2am GMT). Can't wait to be off work for happy hour the next two days. Need to rock with you fastboyz.

Ever since I first saw that I'm just waiting for my 1:100,000 chance of seeing one so I can record it.

Once instance is dumb teammates, and the other is either shitty luck or, more likely, the opposing team talking to each other.

It is good times. Shoot messages and invites to anyone idling in the network and you should get some bites, if not a full stack to roll with.

Yeah, most of us are on between 6 and 10 PST.

You know the drill

Who runs the Xbox club? My request hasn't been accepted yet.

Isn't there a way to manually trigger these? i know there are some in BF1 but no one ever made a video showcasing all of them

stuff like this is why i can't play with music.

Also: Reminder to use stealth kid

>people who eject in last titan standing then don't anything

>people who eject when they're the last Titan alive on your team

i play with music, actually, and had music playing there, it was just quiet enough to hear him coming
streamable.com/ygq1j

PS4 fag here.

How the hell do you aim proficiently with analog sticks?

don't be bad

i don't know what you're lookin for man there's no one easy tip to make your aim not shit. just practice nigga like fuck

Practice
Or just use an assault rifle and let the obscene aim assist aim for you

You aim them.

aim better

Wait tone shield can eat friendly shots as well?

I got these.
I've been playing a bit better but could be placebo effect.

Also pratice

Forgot pic?

Whoops forgot pic

>Nuke eject
Lost my respect for you right there

lol

Make liberal use of the aim assist mechanics. Get the enemy somewhere close to the center of your screen and sight up.

Just as you ADS, your weapon has a very strong "adspull" which pretty much locks on to enemies that are moving. Most of the time, they'll end up dead in your sights for about a half second
When your sights are on target, your recoil is also heavily reduced (the camera kick is automatically compensated for to some degree) compared to the unfiltered, harder kick that PC users have the manage manually.

current favorites

I've been using these for a while now and I've never gone back. Regular analog sticks don't give you the reach you need.