/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #470

''I have found my home here in your arms'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11794775
strawpoll.me/11794798
strawpoll.me/11965358
strawpoll.me/12020327
strawpoll.me/12020353
strawpoll.me/12158769

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
youtube.com/watch?v=wsiIE-pACvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=z4v_L3BZRG4
youtube.com/watch?v=oClmMfPlknc
youtube.com/watch?v=h2Rk-pLgtYE
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtu.be/0ZyhB1-Yb4U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

POST YOUR LIFE IS STRANGE 2 DREAM SOUNDTRACK

Max is #1

Fuck me, out OP'd again
Syd Matters, and only Syd Matters. That's all.

Max is ______
perfect

back at ya

Wish you were here

this song legit makes me tear up every time

If set in the 80's = Tangerine Dream

Goodnight fellow dreamers.

meant to say "Obstacles"

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

You wish.

There was never been a game with Pink Floyd songs, isn't?

I think Warren's action was good there, not least because Chloe could get in trouble for it. Like this, they don't make their hands dirty, but Nathan still gets some of his own medicine. And Warren asking him whether he likes hurting people is really satisfying. It was also one of the few more interesting character-building scenes for him.

Pretty much what said. For licensed tracks, I'd love me some Dreampop.

Dream well.

Sonic Youth

BFFs, Pirates, Partners in Time & Crime & In Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

KOETHE
O
E
T
H
E

Michel did nothing wrong.

If we're going 80s, I'd like Johnny Jewel/Symmetry to take a crack at it

youtube.com/watch?v=wsiIE-pACvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=z4v_L3BZRG4
youtube.com/watch?v=oClmMfPlknc
youtube.com/watch?v=h2Rk-pLgtYE

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

Would certainly be different vibe, far less organic. As much as I love Lost River and the Refn-esque atmosphere that Johnny Jewel provides, I don't really think it would work well for longer form media, I find that once you get accustomed to the sound it loses the eeriness and becomes a little samey. It would help to make s2 feel distinct though witch is good.

It seems sort of tacky to me that they'd make gayness a common thread throughout the series. In LiS it played into the liminal themes, Max and Chloe not knowing entirely who they were was reflected in their uncertainly in how they felt about one another, it worked well but I don't think they need to re-visit it. I'd actually prefer they did away with the romantic themes altogether, explore a different kind of relationship, a platonic one even.

Better yet, I hope that they find a way to reference Max saving Arcadia Bay without saving Chloe. It would be difficult, given the physical effects she was suffering from overuse of her powers, but possible.

It's rash to decide without knowledge of the characters and themes.

I imagine Chloe would listen to these bands:
The Exploited
Cockney Rejects
The Lunachicks
Veruca Salt
L7
Throwdown
The Offspring

Max:
Slint
"Indie"-folk bands that I sneer at

While the romance is one of the most important parts of the game for me and many, I agree, they really shouldn't make "same sex" some gimmick. Because it wasn't.

I actually would love to see a platonic male/female relationship be explored. Roughly same-aged. Pretty rare.

>I'd actually prefer they did away with the romantic themes altogether, explore a different kind of relationship, a platonic one even.

Turning the series into Life is Gay: Season __ would commoditize homosexuality and damage their credibility within the indie gaming community.

It would be interesting to see two male characters of questioning sexuality in the next game. Besides whatever happens in the main quest, their choices could decide whether the main character is gay or straight. Offering a viable heterosexual alternative, e.g. not the female equivalent of Warren, would add more authenticity to that realm of player choice.

I'm pretty sure they meant to revolutionize player choice, not by having it decide the outcome of the game, but with the emotional impact of the choices.

>Roughly same-aged. Pretty rare.
Yeah. I'm tired of older dudes sleeping with young chicks. There's no reason Clara from Watch Dogs couldn't have been Aiden Pearce's age.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Boop bop if lis 2 doesn't have gay female romance plot, I'm not buying.

Reposting

>It seems that all hope is lost
>The Dark Lord Mychel has summoned a giant tragedy tornado made up of crashed cars, humiliating photographs and bunkers far too expensive to buy for a teenage boy
>He's tied up the people of Arcadia Bay to one side of the train tracks and Chloe to the other
>He asks Max to choose who will get slammed by the tragedy tornado
>He plans to slam both sides of the train tracks anyway
>Suddenly two mysterious costumed adventurers with long fluffy ears fly to the rescue
>The superhero duo huff and they puff and they blow Mychel and his tragedy tornado back to the decadent land of baguettes and berets
>They burn away the restraints on Chloe and the people of Arcadia Bay with their heat vision and then fly away as they receive an enormous cheer
>A great big party is thrown throughout the town
>Max, Chloe, Kate, Lynn and Frank have a private picnic with their animal friends
>Lynn is still ecstatic, wondering who those mysterious saviors were
>Meanwhile Lynn's cuddly companion Dorothy winks at her sister bunny
>Then suddenly to everyone's shock, Horny the goat starts floating in the air
>He's still munching on one of Lisa's leaves as this happens

What about gay ladybois

REMEMBER ME 2 WHEN

Then they go home and celebrate.

DELETE THIS

This is a blue board, user...

Yes, my pet! DESTROY THE FORNICATORS!

My mother is not a dogmatic evangelical republican. It makes me very angry seeing someone suggest such sinful acts with my sister. But I am not your spokesbunny.

Dogma is the flaw of the papists, not our ascendant empowered way.

I am not your mother, indeed. I'm a human, created in the image of God destined for an after life of eternal salvation, whereas you are a poor creature doomed to the dust of the earth. You are the spawn of another rabbit. If you want your carrots, you will not forget that...Alice.

>they really shouldn't make "same sex" some gimmick
It would be like when Bioware was parading around Dorian as OUR FIRST FULLY GAY CHARACTER! I love Dorian but his sexuality has nothing to do with it.

>I actually would love to see a platonic male/female relationship be explored. Roughly same-aged. Pretty rare.
Yeah the whole Joel/Ellie and Booker/Elisabeth thing is getting very tired at this point. Off the top of my head I can't even think of a game that centers around a platonic male/female relationship where they're the same age. That would very interesting.

Honestly that would be pretty interesting. It would still feel a tad bit gimmicky, but you'd have to respect them for trying something new. Especially considering the whole 'Tumblr: The Game' accusation would get thrown at them ten fold. Also when I think of trans-woman in gaming I think of Brianna Wu, and I never want to think about Brianna Wu. So maybe s2 would remedy that.

>around a platonic male/female relationship

A platonic male or female relationship could be just as cool if the characters were as defined and deep as LiS.

>Dogma is the flaw of the papists, not our ascendant empowered way
>I am not your mother
>you are a poor creature doomed to the dust of the earth
STOP IMPERSONATING MY MAMA YOU BEARDED FRENCH FILTH!

mfw Michel is each character's mother and father.

Max is beautiful.

youtu.be/0ZyhB1-Yb4U

>Dad walks in

When Joyce and David are out of the house, we all know what Chloe and Max do.

[/spoiler] Hop [/spoiler] like rabbits!

...I wish I could rewind.

Hopping is fun!

Screwed it up again. Unless you're doing it ironically.

It is totally possible. But I doubt it will happen because it would be Dontnod admitting their ending dilemma was terrible.
Max could have easily found numerous ways to either save Chloe and the town entirely, or save Chloe at the start of the week and then warn people before the storm.
The options weren't presented because they just had to have their binary 'choose your tragedy' ending with no middle ground.

>Dad walks out

>Max could have easily found numerous ways to either save Chloe and the town entirely, or save Chloe at the start of the week and then warn people before the storm.

There are two problems with that assumption. The first is that Max had enough power left after the many jumps in Episode Five to complete such an act. Her power takes a physical toll on her. It's unclear if it could kill her, which would've made a better ultimatum at the end, but evidence suggests that it damages her brain.

Warning people before the storm would require the town to believe her. That's a level of suspension of disbelief unlikely in such a realistic game world.

>Screwed it up again. Unless you're doing it ironically.
I wish.

Nicely done.

I see that the power was harming Max, which is why she should stop its use immediately. Never using it again or only using it once she has a full understanding of it.
For all we know that one last photo jump to the bathroom may have killed her as well. Just another reason to NOT take that choice.

But had Max waited a day or two, letting her power build up and herself heal, she could have gone back using another photo and told Chloe they have to warn people before Friday. While it's true they will never convince the entire town, getting a few people to believe them could start a chain reaction. Everyone is trusted by somebody. Max and Chloe tell people that trust them, those people tell others, the word spreads.
It would take only one photojump and then Max can evaluate the results once she rejoins the present after the storm. If things turned out worse then she goes back one final time, knowing she tried what she could, and doesn't make any changes. Settling for the timeline where she saved Chloe and where Arcadia Bay did not get a full warning.

>getting a few people to believe them could start a chain reaction.

The only way she could do that would be to reveal her time travel powers. Best case scenario she convinces Joyce, David and a few of the kids at school to leave.

Still, the homeless woman, the fisherman and plenty of other people are at risk. There's no telling what will happen if others learn of her time traveling power. Say she tried to convince others without the power, she could wake up in a mental institution.

Judging by the damage in the Bae ending, it wasn't that bad. As long as she succeeded in drawing the town out of the business district, they'd be safe. The main people at risk are the homeless woman and the fisherman. She could convince the homeless woman to leave because she trusts Max for whatever reason. The fisherman...Chloe could fuck with his boat and keep him off the water that day and out of the town center.

It's possible, but difficult to play out the more I think about it.

I don't think she needs to reveal her powers to anyone else.
Just saying "Listen, there's a really big storm coming on Friday and you really need to either be somewhere safe of leave town" and some people would believe her. Kate, Warren, maybe Dana and a few others.
Chloe would just need to show actual sincerity to Joyce and David when she tells them, and they would see she is being dead serious.

I've seen some people saying Max can convince the Mayor of Police Chief to order an evacuation (By proving she can see the future) but I don't think that would be possible or beneficial. That would just bring her attention and make her a target for people.

>470 threads

When will you stop memeing about a shit game

She could convince Chloe to leave town, but Joyce, David and the rest are a stretch. They'd think she was crazy.

For the sake of argument, how would she convince them?

The only way I could see her doing it would be to use her powers to prove to the Mayor or Chief of Police through a letter or anonymous email and warn them at the same time.

Thanks for the bump. Helping /lisg/ live that much longer.
It's hella appreciated.

This would be using the photograph from Episode 3, the one Max took of her and Chloe in bed. She enters the photo, tells Chloe they need to warn people (And also about the Dark Room and Jefferson) and she writes down what she knows in her journal so she and Chloe have the info needed.

If Chloe looked at Joyce and David with tears in her eyes, and told them they need to leave, they would believe her. Because she is being serious. Joyce would quickly see Chloe is not joking around about this.
Max would warn the few that would believe her, because some already are firmly on her side. She convinces those few people and then they can convince others.

An anonymous letter might work but she would need to prove that she could see into the future. Maybe offering the Mayor or Chief that night's (A night before Friday, obviously) lottery numbers or something. But even then it's still just a letter which may go unheeded.
They will never be able to warn or save everyone, but they can ensure the safety of those close to them and hope it spreads from there.

Y'all know that she could just tell everyone about the weather omens right?

No need for anyone to believe her powers, just jump back to the bathroom, pull the alarm, quickly jot down the 5 omens in her notebook and tell herself to tell everyone about them every single day (also that Jeffie killed Rachel).

If people won't believe her after day 4, when there are TWO MOONS in the sky, that dumbass town deserves to be demolished.

Exactly. She doesn't need to mention her power or anything. She just needs to tell a few people about the weather and say it's hinting towards a storm (Which doesn't even end up being that bad)

>but she would need to prove that she could see into the future. Maybe offering the Mayor or Chief that night's (A night before Friday, obviously) lottery numbers or something. But even then it's still just a letter which may go unheeded.
She could predict, in detail, what they'd find in The Dark Room or the police blotter from Thursday.

The weather omens may not occur as planned if predicted. The kids were taking selfies with the two moons. Didn't the tornado occur that night?

Two moons was Thursday night. That night Jefferson shot Chloe and kidnapped Max, who stayed in the Dark Room until sometime Friday afternoon.

Somehow I didn't think she was there as long...

Yeah. She must have been out for a while before waking up or at least sobering up from whatever she was injected with.
I think someone looked at the times and said the storm happened at like 1pm on Friday afternoon. But it seemed much later than that, I thought the storm happened at night.

>She must have been out for a while before waking up or at least sobering up from whatever she was injected with.
That didn't have to be that long. A couple hours, maybe three or four.

>But it seemed much later than that, I thought the storm happened at night.
That's what I thought, but the darkness could be a byproduct of the storm...

So I walked into the haze

>The homeless woman
You can warn her. And it actually works too, which makes Max not warning anyone else even more stupid

She was different from the rest. There was something weird about her to. Samuel would believe; the homeless woman would believe; but most townsfolk would think Max crazy.

Correct answer's already been established
>Catch police chief guy alone
>demonstrate powers
>demonstrate future knowledge
>get him to order an evacuation on Friday
Of course, you'll inevitably get a few retards who don't obey, the sort of people who go down to the beach to watch every time there's a tsunami warning.

It seems that way. I really thought that the storm was like around midnight or something and Saturday morning we see the sunrise when Chloe and Max drive away to do whatever.

There's also some theories that are more optimistic that say they left Arcadia Bay a day or two after the storm when they've already seen their friends and Chloe's family. That they're all already in tent shelters or getting the care they need.
Even though there's nothing to disclaim this, it seems a little far-fetched. But hey, the ending was vague so anyone can make up stuff to make it better/happier.

Max and Chloe are good enough people to check on David and Joyce before their departure. The blanket over the dead body indicates that it's no more than some hours since the storm stopped. Otherwise, they would've picked it up.

That's kind of what my thoughts were.
The covered bodies, the mostly cleared roads, no fires burning. That suggests to me that some time has passed since the storm and cleanup/rescue efforts were underway.
It really wouldn't surprise me if they left on Sunday or Monday morning.

Leaving a covered body in the middle of the street for multiple days isn't realistic though. Deer in the streets and some wreckage makes sense. It's a small town. Bringing in resources to repair the damage will take time, especially for damage to a non-residential area. Dead bodies on the streets for multiple days, though, are a bio-hazard.

>Tfw you don't get sad from this song cus you're not a baycuck

Feels hella good

>Feels hella good
>Feels hella good killing an entire town
>Feels hella good knowing you killed your girlfriend's mom
>Feels hella good knowing you abandoned her for five years
>Feels hella good

Maybe it was pulled out of some rubble recently.

>killing an entire town
Stopped reading there. Over a year later and people still post that unoriginal crap.
Shame on you for that and for posting an image of Chloe while trying to bully Max.

>Maybe it was pulled out of some rubble recently.
That would imply a much more devastating storm. There would also be more street activity if fixing the place up was underway.

>Shame on you for that and for posting an image of Chloe while trying to bully Max.
>Shame on you for insulting me when I insulted someone else
>Shame on you for pointing out the flaws in my logic when I mocked someone else's opinion
>Shame on you because you-you-you suck!
Please...Tell me more. I'm listening.

>Feels hella good you know that Max couldn't possibly know going back will stop the storm
>Feels hella good you knew about the storm BEFORE getting your powers
>Feels hella good you didn't jump back to a photo you took AFTER getting your powers
>Feels hella good chaos theory is bullshit because the storm is a constant in every single timeline
>Feels hella good the Prescotts absolutely had something to do with the storm
>Feels hella good you didn't listen to a high school stalker about the causes of the storm despite all the evidence saying you can't stop it
>Feels hella good you didn't metagame the endings by picking the one that goes against all logic in the game
>Feels hella good you saved Chloe
>Feels hella good

Damn right it does

>Feels hella good to ignore foreshadowing and basic storytelling techniques in favor of what you want to see
>Feels hella good to pick endings that affirm the teenage romance you never had and pretended you didn't want
>Feels hella good to pretend Chloe wouldn't dump Max because she wasn't the good person you thought she was
>Feels hella good to ignore Chloe's muted response to Max choosing her and pretend she wasn't disappointed by the choice

>Damn right it does
It must.

>Feels hella good to know most people were alright during the storm
>Feels hella good to know Kate is alright and her family came together to support her after learning the truth
>Feels hella good to know Rachel, Kate, and all of Jefferson's and Nathan's other victims got justice
>Feels hella good to know Chloe, Joyce, and David really stepped up to try to be a family
>Feels hella good to finally have confidence
>Feels hella good to have someone to talk with, laugh with, cuddle with, and even cry with
>Feels hella good to be in love and living out your dreams

(u)

>Feels hella bad to know most of that was erased because saving Chloe in the bathroom summoned a storm

This brings up an odd dilemma. As far as we know Max can only travel through photographs for a brief amount of time. It would also seem that she can't move that far from the space photographed. The only way she could warn people is by leaving herself a note instructing herself about the storm and to warn people. This raises the question. At what point would auto-pilot Max believe her own warning?

If she traveled back to the start of the week I don't think auto-pilot Max would believe her own warning. Just like she doesn't believe her own vision of the storm. Keep in mind that a lot happens to Max in this week so the warning wouldn't be getting her full attention. If the warning included notes about Jefferson and Nathan would she believe those too?

Ideally she could combine the two things. Go back to the first photo before she saves Chloe, prove to herself that her information is reliable by texting David about Jefferson (the text will be saved on the phone), using that as proof instruct herself to evacuate the town. The police chief or mayor might be swayed if Max can prove that she busted Jefferson.

That doesn't even make sense. Put some effort into your trolling.

>Feels hella bad that you're straight up not even trying

Cmon bro put some effort into this

Another thing about photo travel, doesn't auto-Max basically die when real Max takes over?

Say Max goes back to the bathroom and leaves herself a note, and auto-max realizes it's from the future, if she discovers photo traveling by herself during the week, won't she realize that she's on autopilot mode and her consciousness will basically be overwritten and ended? Granted, I'm sure she'll push on to save Chloe, but the sudden existential crisis might shake up real Max's plan a bit.

The timeline continues on and rewrites itself. Max's power alters the universe and only she realizes it once she's able to catch back up to the present point (where she jumped from) and can realize any alterations.
Max does not die, her body/mind just revert back to the point she's in to prevent anyone from noticing she's different. Chloe is close enough to Max to notice whatever subtle changes there are between Max and her auto-pilot.

But auto-pilot Max is still Max, she's just no longer knowing what's coming in the future since that future she came from has been erased and will be over-written by whatever happens until time reaches the point where Max initiated the photojump, which is when Max regains control/consciousness.

So say Max writes down a bunch of info for herself and Chloe to use. Once auto-pilot Max assumes control, Chloe will inform her that she was acting weird and when Max asks something or acts confused, Chloe will inform her that she wrote something down. Max reads her own writing talking about the future and the instructions of how to fix or avert some things.
They follow these directions until the point where Max regains control and notices if they worked or not.

That didn't stop Max from focusing on the investigation when she photo-jumped the first time.