Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BaWA2gGEMiY
youtube.com/watch?v=kEaxgBUjfBM
youtu.be/W0OBbuLiTB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

gated is cool until your tranny wears out and the shift pattern changes

>implying anybody here has driven a gated
>implying they'd choose it if they had
It looks nice but holy fuck you do not want to own one of those.

Why not?

What car is on the left?

Never mind; it's an R8 if anyone was wondering.

Gated looked cool in older cars. But I much rather prefer functionality over looks.

What the others said. Gated looks cool but it's less practical.

gated for aesthetics

Boot, too paranoid that I'd drop stuff in the gate

>obligatory

what's the point honestly, it takes 10x the effort to be smooth with a manual compared to an automatic

>what is joy

This.

Most cars are automatic today for a reason.

Protip; its because they are better.

Dumb frogposter

What did he mean by this

Will i eventually be smooth with a manual as I am on an automatic (piss easy)

Almost week 2.

at least the +/- is correct

That better be a DSG, even though it's still slower than a real manual.

>not posting best ball

>duel clutch transmission
>slower than a traditional manual
Uh.... no

what the frick is that?

volvo

>driving sticks

This is disgusting.

youtube.com/watch?v=BaWA2gGEMiY

KEK

>snek key ring

what makes gated less functional or reliable than the other?
t. confused man

This. Spyker has it figured out.

LOL at the women on this board

>sex

What about this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=kEaxgBUjfBM

People worried about dropping things into it

>I drive a gated
>I chose it
Wow, you're batting a thousand.

Traditional unless I'm driving a 500+ RWHP car

>fuck having to put effort into enjoyment, I just want instant gratification
Americans were a mistake.

just get somebody to also steer for you and get in the back seat

>decide to see what this whole manual meme is all about
>I have a friend that's a total Veeky Forums-tist, has a riced out integra with various /osg/ and touhou stickers all over the back
>he's willing to teach me
>i bring my girlfriend along because she's curious about it too
>Me: "Hey user, how's it going?"
>Him: "y-y-you too"
>Me: "lol what??"
>he's kinda awkward but whatever I shrug it off and let my gf in the back while I get into the passenger seat
>Him: "S-s-so In order to get moving, lift your foot up from the clutch pedal until the RPMs drop slightly and apply light pressure to the accelerator. Balance the light downward pressure on the accelerator with slowly releasing pressure on the clutch pedal. You will probably have to do this several times blah blah blah...."
>me and my gf are rolling our eyes
>Me: "Holy shit man haha, we came here to learn how to drive manual, not do rocket science like Preston from Big Bang Theory lol"
>my gf giggles
>friend is getting flustered
>Me: "Haha sorry man, go on"
>Him: "S-so now you take the gear shift knob straight down from 1st gear into the bottom left..."
>Me:"Hold on, what the hell are you doing?"
>Him: "T-t-the gear shift..."
>Me: "Haha you're telling me you have to touch the car's dick to get it moving? Haha just like me, right babe?"
>my gf is now giggling uncontrollably
>friend is getting visibly red and is now starting to tremble and sweat
>I realize this is a waste of time
>Me: "Haha hey man actually you know thanks for taking the time to show us this manual thing but I think we're good, let's just meet up at the movie theatre"
>i can see his lips quivering like he's almost so angry he could cry
>Him:"o-o-ok"
>me and gf ride in my GT-R to the theatre while friend follows behind

I felt kinda bad embarrassing him like that especially since I know he has a crush on my gf so I make it up to him by buying him some popcorn

Nice pasta fag

This pasta is so stale even maggots don't want it

Gated looks like shit.

>This is what happens in one scenario of your shift cables breaking

youtu.be/W0OBbuLiTB0
Fuuuck. This arouses me.

Traditional every day of the week and twice on Sundays

What production car has this?? My dick needs to know...for science...

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Later in life when the shift patterns change, you're a bit boned

>gated or traditional

I'm sorry what now?

They are finicky to adjust and maintain. On a normal shifter if the bushings start to go the shifter feels a bit shittier. On a gate if the bushings start to go you can lose the ability to shift into some gears. Lots of gate shifted cars are also mid engine which adds even more complication because the shift shaft/rods are longer, and they need even more dampening to prevent vibration from the engine and drivetrain.

gate plates are for cars with shitty shifter feel, so I'll take a boot style and a decent shifter.

What car did you drive with shitty shifter feel and a gate?

This.
Actually, to be honest gated is a pain in the ass. It turns what would be one fluid motion selecting a diagonal gear into three movements.

Which car did you drive that had a gated shifter and you found was a "pain in the ass"?

It's a shame you're illiterate or else you'd see the filename.

>traditional vs "my shifter uses cables and mushy bushings and without a gated lever the gears would be impossible to find consistently"

Traditional

Oh shit good point. Didn't even look.

Ferrari 308.

I doubt it, even a worn out 308 shifter doesn't result in "three movements" to shift. Non gated shifters don't shift diagonally btw. Your posts reek of nonsense.

Nigga the 308 has a glorious feel to shifting gears. Stiff clutch, but the hand motion feels great

This isn't true either, the 308 shifter is pretty rough not because of the gate or the clutch pedal, the shift shaft goes through the crankcase and the gearbox resulting in a lot of resistance. Welcome to Veeky Forums, the only place on the internet where 2 people who have never driven a car get into a debate on how it drives

I didn't say it was like butter, but it feels good

I actually have driven it, one of only a few cool cars I've driven. My friend's dad owns one, along with a '69 Corvette and a Ferrari 360

The most practical shifter for daily driving, it's so comfortable using on highways

>enjoyment
Manual is such a handicap. I drove someone else's automatic car for once today and it was so braindead-easy and comfortable.

admittedly an automatic car is boring and felt more like a chore, but I can't help and feel that driving a manual car as a daily driver may have been a mistake.

I prefer when the reverse is on the far right hand side