/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>insurance shit edition

>ATTENTION!!
>ATTENTION!!
Collage announcement: cars with the expiration date of 2/17 will be removed when a new thread will be made in March. Renew your pics by uploading a new picture. Proof not required.

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Zee maps
zeemaps.com/map?group=2347137

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Vids:

>Hondata
youtu.be/KB_YVVgvuFo

>del's CRX
youtube.com/watch?v=Mn3weSiZmP4

>user's HAI
youtube.com/watch?v=Fu0jh05L_jU&l

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/6015078370.html
youtube.com/watch?v=imlMVVUgNeY
watracing.com/?product=wat-night-car-speciall-printed-slap
youtu.be/d6o4ooa5lyI
youtu.be/5hmYFvA0RM0
waxxon.com/en/galery.php
youtube.com/watch?v=bh-8sw87MfQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How do I join the collage?
See pic related

welp, finally got promoted, but unfortunately it means I have to move to the chicago area.

How long will before my civic is stolen at gun point?

Park it in a personal garage so it won't get stolen. They tow it they won't do it at gun point lol

Should I get a R18 Civic?

certain areas of town where this is more common? From what I know at this point, I'll be west of the city/Naperville area

You'll be fine West Chicago isn't bad. West side Chicago and south side Chicago is bad. As long as your address doesn't say Chicago, Illinois you should be OK. I recommend a quick release steering wheel regardless and bring it inside your bed room at night if you can't park inside a garage.

Sure if it's a manual and you want to use it as a daily

thanks user

8th gens don't get stolen often, they'll only steal it if you keep it running with the key inside and they're broken into more than stolen. Install a sensitive alarm. Don't keep shit in the car in plain sight. Put your GPS, radar detector, dildo, in the glove box or out of sight and you'll be fine.

But I can't racecar it like the K20 Civics?

miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/6015078370.html

this looks nice but I hate when there's so little information. Were these decent cars?

Yes but it's been riced so it's probably been abused

Not recommended. Just get an Si civic if you wanna race car it

>tfw you have an unriced car but redline the engine as a horn

You'll likely be murdered first, so don't worry about it.

any of you fags ever moved on from Hondas?
Im gonna get rid of this shitbox hopefully.

Some guy moved to a Mitsubishi eclipse, another a scion xB but he still posts here and nurses I his civic. I'll only stop owning a Honda if my car gets stolen. Besides a I have a supra for shits and giggles. If you're worried about what people think about your car, you're too insecure to own a Honda.

I know I said I'd do a mean peel, but whatever.

Here's a video of the damage and a couple 0-100+ mph pulls in the CRX

youtube.com/watch?v=imlMVVUgNeY

Also, the hood shaking at 100+ mph is why you should install hood pins like I did

looking to get into the rwd game after I finish up my current project. Want big turbo with big horsepower in a rwd or maybe even awd platform. Will always love my honda tho. what are you lookin to get into?

Misses* his civic

Besides where else can I blog fag as comfy as the hg? Tg is the slowest general on Veeky Forums and they're no fun allowed over there

Drove an Isuzu Rodeo and a Jeep Wrangler for a while between my Prelude and Integra (current), so I've come full circle.

Sounds really good breh

CRX a best

lol i was just waitin for that hood to go flyin. good thing you got the clips though.

that things pretty fast though, damn. b18 swap you said?

Yeah it's a b18c1 with gsr trans
Random free bolt ons (dc 4-1 header and blox type r manifold)

Actually if you want I could do like a little video tour unless that's too gay. I am kinda having fun with the videos

Boys i have a big ol scratch from a previous owner on my bumper. Its fairly inconspicuous, but nonetheless i want to cover it.

Is it possible to cheaply repaint over it?

Should i slap a sticker on there? Not a sticker guy, so what subtle, non offencive, non anime, non tacky stickers are out there?

My car is white. Should i just slap a white sticker over it?

> If you're worried about what people think about your car, you're too insecure to own a Honda.
Definitely not that, It's more like a lack of excitement now? I'm not sure how to phrase it. I'm still glad I own a car, but I feel like you can only do so much to the integra before you realise there may be better cars to invest that money into.
Looking to grab something RWD. Saving up for something in the summer hopefully.

watracing.com/?product=wat-night-car-speciall-printed-slap

why do you keep posting pictures of that half-assed half-Mari "cosplay"?

What's a cosplay? I have no idea what you're talkin aboot

Post pic

Would it be awkward if you asked her to bend over the hood so you could take a picture of her ass?

wtf is with the skin tones and the fucking ISO?

When and why did Honda stop doing those sport, premium, and whatever "packages?"

I can't just add a sunroof to a LX anymore too :(

Yea RWD is definitely more fun
I wouldn't stick to Honda's either if I was looking for a rwd car

blast it with piss instagram filter

yeah man, do a walkaround of the cars you got in your yard there. I make vids all the time and it's just another hobby as I see it. Surprised more people don't do it cause it is pretty fun

>wouldn't stick to Honda for a rwd car
>pic related

Also, add me to the collage! Because racecar.

Need proof and year of it see They're getting harder to find and price is going up. When you find a reasonable priced one it just happened to be salvaged. I really like s2ks but as far as owning one I'd rather have a coupe. Convertibles are not my cup of tea.
When I drove an s2k it was underwhelming. Favorite car I've driven is my friend's corvette and I've driven it plenty of times. In the end Id get something in between them like my supra lol. I just need a comfy cruising rwd car now.

>comfy

you mean you dont want to wear ear protection when you drive around?

Just kidding I actually love your car

naperville is very safe and pretty far away from any real danger
pic related, stay away from the boxed area and you should be fine
t. user who lives in the red box

Lol I can't wait when the gears are grinded down enough to be quiet but still function
My sis told me it's quieter than 2 years ago.

AC would also be nice

shes going deaf

That box needs to be bigger lol
How come you're not on the hg zeemaps bro?

She lives in NYC then again you generally lose hearing as you age lel

I'm all for a nice vette but they are very hard to justify. The interior is bleh, seats are tough and for the price, I'd go s2k with boost over a z06 with some left in the bank for tires.

Here's a vid before I went boost. Does his count? It's a 2006 AP2 s2k. Her name is jynx.

youtu.be/d6o4ooa5lyI

>Mishimoto rad
Shit is nice.

Thanks! It's my pride and joy and money pit. Just swapped in a new engine last month. Taking it to get retuned tomorrow. Then hopefully I can get it inspected and road legal so I can drive it to the track!

23k buys you a low mileage 2008 corvette with more n/a power than a boosted s2k.

It's also a much more modern car. S2k is dated and slow and f22 is shit

Will add your 06 fàm

Nice how much power is it making? What does your BOV skins like? Mine goes PIIIISSSSHHHHHHH

cant wait for warmth

same. What happened to yours?

nothing its just lifted super high on steelies and snow tires for winter,

Idk about all that cowboy. 475rwhp in a (conservatively) boosted s2k beats up on vettes all day, even ones with bolt ons and cams.

I like an LS as much as the next guy, but saying the F series is shit just makes you look silly, especially in a Honda thread.

>123HP per liter NA
>11:1 compression
>8900RPM Redline
>from factory
>Hand-assembled in Takenezawa/Suzuka

Try harder brah

Hahaha PSHHHHHH all day!!! It sounds like a whip crack when I'm bangin gears. It's way too loud but I wouldn't dream of quieting it down! #streetcred

ye i missed some spots to the southeast and a bit to the north but cba to change it; imo the worst of the worst is in the box

Let's see it
No need to be ashamed of your winter setup user

How's the turbo lag? Mines a huge turn off . Makes me not want to get another turbo car. I'd rather go NA or SC

Another month and a half until I can take my baby out. Front bumper is being repainted as we speak (rest of cars paint is mint tho) and then it's getting a full interior/exterior/engine bay detail with all the fluids changed. Has a cat delete and mugen headers, mostly stock though. Still only 52k miles :)

Any other S2K owners here?

You just missed one lol the other 6 seldom post here

Join the collage btw see

Hahaha PSHHHHHH all day!!! It sounds like a whip crack when I'm bangin gears. It's way too loud but I wouldn't dream of quieting it down!

Here's a vid: youtu.be/5hmYFvA0RM0

better shot from inside

Word. lagging hard, i'll check this out. sorry for double post

>mfw these s2ks coming out of the woodwork

Looks awesome! Very jealous. Mine is in need of a respray but I keep spending money on track car parts!

Fortunately where we live we can drive the, year round. (If it can handle 100 degree heat, whivh mine doesn't really like :P)

>Any other S2K owners here?
Here, mine is likewise sitting in the garage until winter ends (which really means the salt washes away). Also, is that a urinal in your garage there?

>the other 6 seldom post here
I post on occasion and lurk often, just haven't had much to talk about lately. Maybe when I finally get to work on my Prelude in the spring.

HNGGGGGG THAT RED INTERIOR!!!

So minty! AP1 red is sooo buttery.

Dude sick CR! Wish I could pick one up without paying an arm and a leg. Rio looks great with the CR seats!

Nice dude I wish I had the money to do that. Not gonna front I've never tracked my S2K, I drive it like an old lady 95% of the time and the other 5% is 'messing around' of course. Costs alot more to track a car though, more money goes into that than just cruising like I do. Is yours boosted or all motor?

Man that color is awesome that was my 2nd choice with black. It was a pretty shitty dilemma. And yeah it's a urinal haha, man cave as fuck. I can't wait till my cars detailed so it looks as clean as that. Your discs look brand new too lol

It's supercharged so no noticeable lag, just doesn't build boost till higher rpms. I swapped a set of shorter final drives in (4.44 vs 4.10 stock) to compensate. With the tune the lower vetc window helps a lot too.

How's your house blogfag chronicles? Havent seen you here for a while

Boosted. SOS Kit making 425rwhp conservatively. I blew the motor at my last event though and swapped in a new motor (2009 CR motor vin 349 out of 350 :D) I'm getting it retuned tomorrow and may go a little more "conservative" lol

>How's your house blogfag chronicles?
It's coming along, the garage is actually the next big project on my list. Going to run new electrical, install new lights, re-sheetrock, and paint. Might get a small lift too, and was looking at remote air compressor setups. Once that's done, I'm getting to work on the Prelude. Been busy finishing up some of the loose ends lately, exciting things such as a new front door and a new oven.

Think you did good with the black, looks nice with the red interior. Are you going to detail it yourself, or are you taking it somewhere? I really like Griot's carnauba wax if you're looking for good stuff to use.
>Your discs look brand new too lol
Ha even the battery is still original, believe it or not.

Thanks, and I agree about the seats. The yellow stitching matches really nicely

Going to a very reputable person in my city. He's done Veyrons, Lambos, GTRs, Ford GTs etc. so I know he's more than capable.

waxxon.com/en/galery.php

That's his website with some of his work. It'll run me about $500 give or take a few dollars, but for the full package. Worth it imo, no corners cut

Also yes there's a million typos on his website including the one in the URL lol. I'm in Montreal so we have alot of French people who aren't 100% in English

Did a decent trip with the new wheel. Had the day off for a funeral. Still getting used to how snappy it is. Changing lanes takes way less effort than the stock wheel.

Got some quality issues that I'm nitpicking about too. Two of the three spoke holes weren't smoothed out so they feel kinda sharp.

Ayy EG fags

Is the horn part of the SRS wire harness? I was watching a video about connecting the horn to a wheel in an Integra and they had a whole separate plug that was easy to find. I think mine may have been deleted or something. That's gotta be it. I cut open the rubber sleeve for the other harness in the steering column and could not for the life of me find the horn wires in it.

>ten owner car life

>tfw woke up at 2am

I think I'm the only one awake right now. kek

I found what I needed in my manual. Looks like it was part of the cable reel that I ripped out so I'll have to convert it to the slip ring style.

>have SRS cable disconnected from gauge cluster to remove SRS light
Are you saying I have to plug that in if I want my horn back without modification? It's 5 in the morning I can't comprehend that diagram rn

>feels kind of sharp
Wew the top part of my supra wheel is damaged and if I grab it wrong it hurts. I really want to put electrical tape over it but I also need some kind of filling since it has a crater.

Don't think so as my SRS stuff is mostly gone anyway. They sold these cars without SRS overseas so it just has to be changed to the slip ring style where there's a metal contact touching the copper part on the back of the wheel hub.

youtube.com/watch?v=bh-8sw87MfQ

They use a bepis can as the contact but you can get an OEM one from an EF Civic. Part number is 35259-SH3-A02.

Hopefully I can find that connector under my dash. I might go to the junkyard and get the stock horn wiring from a car because I'm fairly sure mine was all ripped out. There's supposed to be OEM connections for horns at both the bottom corners of this front end but there ain't shit.

Fuck it I don't have horns on either cars anyways lol

I think I need it with these crazy drivers for my survival. I don't *need* it until my next inspection though. Doesn't seem too hard to wire up. Might put a set of Hellas in the OEM positions. That little black horn isn't loud enough. Doesn't fit under my bumper either. Got it mounted next to the driver side engine mount.

I deleted my cruise control so if I disconnect the cruise control wires from the cruise control button, use a quick splice to connect the horn wire to a wire that connects to the cruise control button, would it work?
I don't wanna take off my wheel. I'm too lazy

Maybe, not sure. My old horn setup was like this. Needed something for my brake tag.

>Two wires hooked to horn, one grounded
>Add-a-fuse under the dash to something that's always hot
>Run that wire to one prong on a Radio Shack button
>Other wire from the horn connected to the other prong
>Mount to empty spot on dash
>Push button, completes connection and honk honk

It was crude and simple but it passed inspection. Lel

I just noticed the chassis code meme is still on these threads lmao

I'll update my shit when I get a decent pic of both Integras.

Man I want an old school plate on my car. Current Louisiana plates are terrible. Wish I could get this one at least.

Wow f22 is so good

This all coming from a guy that blew up his last one

How do you not understand?

Also if you really want to get into it, making a lot of power in s2k is stupid because of garbage Mazda differential

Also having a high redline to make your cited horsepower figure means that your torque is quite low.

Hp = (torque*rpm)/5252

You seem like a fierce loyalist that doesn't actually know anything.

There's a reason why people k swap s2ks and it's not because they are bored

Fuck it, I really want a CR-Z as a daily. As soon as I get enough for a down payment I'll look for a decent one.

Has anybody else had much experience with one? I test drove one a while back and really liked it.

It's slow and gets only average mpg

Looks pretty good though

Source: friend owns one

Good daily driver, but very cold weather may fuck with it. My buddy with the supercharged one had trouble with his on a very cold morning one day.

It may just be an isolated incident so I'd ask around first.

Highly considering picking up a used GoPro Hero3+ Silver.

>sub $200 with a bunch of accessories included
>1080p 60fps

Seems like the best choice for what I want to do.

It's probably just as slow as my stock CRX, or maybe a hair faster with that Sport+ thing. What year is the one he owns?
I'll check that CR-Z forum for it.

Yeah, looks like he's not the only one with that problem. The cold probably fucks with the batteries and the starter motor.

Yeah I checked my conversation history with him about it.

>dipped just below 40F
>killed battery
>fucks up the wheel speed sensors too, need to recalibrate them
>apparently putting a paper clip in the obd2 port is a fix

I still wanna drive it sometime. I imagine a stock one would be slightly slower than my EG. 130hp and around 2700lbs vs my 120~hp (need dyno pls) and 2000-2100lbs.

His is supercharged though so it's like 190ish hp.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Supercharging may be in the future if I get one, but probably not soon. That is if I manage to find one of these things with how picky I am.
>2013-2016 for bigger battery and powerful electric motor
>manual
>under 40k miles
>no nav screen
Will probably resort to a car broker because the only four that are in the state are CVT or salvage title.

Yeah I think the manual models are hard to find. Buddy said CVT owners reported slipping when they got them new.

That's weird. Why would that be?

The only time I've seen a CVT slip was on a Mini Cooper that came into the shop, which are known to have shit transmissions.