/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

Abandoned the dream: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLCjrpghCYc
bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Reiterpallasch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

PURGE

You like FromSoftware games?
Their early work was a little too clunky for my taste, but when Demon's Souls came out in '09, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically.
The whole game has a well crafted, ingenious level design, and a new dynamic combat system that really gives the encounters a big boost. It's been compared to Dark Souls, but I think Demon's has a far more grim and refined atmosphere.
In '15 From released this; Bloodborne, their most accomplished game. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Ludwig the Accursed", a boss so engaging, most people don't listen to the dialogue. But they should! Because it's not just an extremely relevant and historic character in the lore, it's also a paradigm of the theme of duality between righteous saint and bloodthirsty beast in men! Hey Paul!

>Henriett's corpse is where we find the Hunter set with no cape and Top Hat
>Brador killed Laurence
These are pretty credible and supported by in-game evidence, not necessarily headcanon.

does church pick use less stamina in tricked mode than whirligig saw in tricked mode or about the same?

Okay, everything's good to go. Booting up the game now, will be ringing shortly.

>he uses insight

>I guess i have to make my tonitrus fire.
You should have a starter weapon like Cleaver or Cane that you can convert.

It's really heard in the early game to make split-damage weapons good, since early Nourishing gems are disproportionately hard to gather as they are useful.

If you really want to stick with the Toni, go grap some Lumpy 20%s. ()

But even then you'd probably be better off putting them in a serrated weapon.

Way less

Tricked Pick uses less stam.

>Vilebloods are pompous, murderous blood-drunks, little more than Annalise's toy soldiers, willing to kill any hunter they see
>Executioners are insane zealots, ready to obliterate anyone or anything they find who has even the slightest chance of being corrupted
>HoH are holier-than-thou in every aspect, but completely susceptible to insanity as anyone else
>Confederates are the most scraggly band in Yharnam, bar none, and would likely happily turn the city to dust in pursuit of Vermin
>Beast's Embrace users are adopting a dangerous method, one which will turn them into the very beasts they seek
>Milkweed users are sentient cauliflowers, turning themselves into a host for a being who essentially caused the hunt to happen
But if you look for the bad, all you see is bad. Let's look at the good, and remember that we can always find it, no matter what.
>Vilebloods survived for countless years and are still thriving, despite a purging from the largest group of oversized wheel-brandishers since the pit crew at a monster truck rally
>Executioners found a way to utilize a wheel as an effective weapon against both man and beast
>HoH have kept all hunters safe from themselves and each other
>Confederates have done more than anyone to curb the Scourge
>Beast's Embrace users have found ways to grow stronger, while apparently keeping sane
>Milkweed users became so in-tune with the Great Ones they essentially now are Great Ones.
We're all outsiders, foreigners, and hunters, just one big family. We'll fight and bicker, but it's important that we move past it. We all have our ups and downs, but what matters is our ability.
Why, thank you

I like to think that Ludwig and Maria were partners back in the day, since they were the most skilled compared to the rest of the Old Hunters.

Anyone interested in gangbanging Ailing Loran BSB? Pass is bbg, lemme know if you're interested.

Only hemwick witches and old yharnam beastly idiots say "Kos"
All mensis scholars call her Kosm

Yeah but Vilebloods are cucks and that's why they're the worst.

Why does Kos or some say Kosm have such an attractive face?

But Micolash says Kos.

"Ah Kos, or some say Kosm"

He's saying Kos, but aknowledging that *some* (i.e not him) say Kosm.

To better steal your seed to make babies

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD

>kick BSB's ass every playthrough in lower yharnam easy

>do chalices first time

>ailing loran bsb giving me a headache

He just does so much damage. It's the grab that kills me every time.

Vilebloods recognized what the church really was. Everyone else was retarded and just took it in their asses

>getting hit by BSB
What are you doing? Just hug his right side.

>right
shouldn't that be left

His right
Your left

But Vilebloods also took it in the ass. Simon also distrusted the church and took it in the exact same place.

I do it until he backs his ass into the wall and starts shitting poison out everywhere.

His right, your left

youtube.com/watch?v=LLCjrpghCYc

I just played safer and won I just don't want to farm gems until I have to.

How did they take it? They fought against the church. How does Simon play into this?

>How did they take it?
They were massacred in their own castle, not much of a fight.
As for Simon, he was another character who opposed the church (he was a church hunter in disguies who entered the nightmare that contains the secret of the church) and got killed by a church assassin.
Everyone gets fucked up by the Church, enemies and allies alike.

You most likely will have to for the next boss, he's resistant to Bolt.

Simon's death was so fucking shitty man. I was hoping he'd make it.

They lost a battle against blood crazed zealots from a ridiculously powerful institution. I'm talking about how people followed the church and took it in the pooper. Nothing wrong with fighting the good fight and losing because you can't match the legions of tards coming at you.

No real indication that it wasn't much of a fight either.

It's cosmos, Kosm is a confusion. What he's saying during his fight isn't all just unrelated nonsense

Why the runes are out of order?
Why do you have 7 bloodtinge?
Why are you not at full health?
This image is painful.

>theres people who still say kos or kosm
you realise her name is Bingo right?

How come Oedon was allowed to have so many kids?

fuck seriously?

>No real indication that it wasn't much of a fight either
The victims were mainly maidens. Most members of the Cainhurst family weren't even hunters, they used to sent their servants to fight (Reiterpallasch description).

It's rather easy to slip your dick into everything that moves when you're formless.

Yes, he's covered in Bolt

bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Reiterpallasch

???

why dont you have beast +100 rune?

So, Rom was a human (possibly a Hunter) that was chosen by Kos to be a new Great One. What made her so special? What kind of relationship did Ebritas and her have?

>the disposal of beasts was a discrete task left to their servants
Their hunters weren't members of the family.

I know but I didn't think that was literal he attacks you with wind.

>that was chosen by Kos to be a new Great One

No, she was artificially made a great one by the scholars.

They used Kos' umbilical cord to transform her. Kos is dead. Mensis are a sect of mad cultists.

I thought I knew suffering.

Then I tried to rush HMLS on my 43 arcane, and I have been greeted with true despair.

This is my own headcanon, but Rom was likely a scholar who was "blessed" by Kos, possibly as a result of an experiment or ritual. Since scholars researched Ebrietas in captivity, Ebrietas could have known Rom, or even favorited Rom above the others. The thing at the Altar of Despair seems to be a miniature Rom, possibly Rom's "shell," hinting at the themes of rebirth, backed by the usage of the Altar itself.

They all were at a party and when the sun came up Kos was dead at the shore, Ebby was locked up by the Church and Rom was a spider at the bottom of the lake.
Shit was like that at Burgertown.

>by the scholars
By the pthumerians, Rom can be found in the chalice dungeons

That doesn't mean they were unskilled. Titles mean nothing. Most hunters were unskilled beast fodder but participated in hunts.

I haven't gotten it yet

Not canon

Rom was a either a mentally retarded woman or a baby that was used as a test subject by Byrgenwerth for putting eyes on the inside of someone. I don't think Kos actually did anything, they just stole the Orphans Cord and fed it to Rom.

Kosm is the orphans true name, Micolash isn't debating what her name is, he's debating about which being should prayed to.

Right, and Eileen is the Wet Nurse.

Kosm is Cosmos nerd
I've had it with your shit

>naming your kid after yourself but with an extra letter on the end
>that's completely vacuous

Chalice dungeons aren't canon and should not be considered in the lore.

What's a Korean gem?

And we should consider Queen Yharnam, the Beast Claw, and materials found in the waking world as little pocket dimensions of the "separate" chalice dungeon canon?

non-meta canon.

Nope. Chalice dungeons are filler thrown in by lazy devs.

It's not though, that was commonly accepted pre-DLC, but Kos is an actual being that Byrgenwerth saw and is important to the history of the Hunters and Church. He can't be having a revalation, because he knows exactly what he's praying to.

Plus, I remember hearing something about Kos(m) sounding like Cosmos being pure coincidence and in Japanese there's 0 similarity between the words.

Well I one shot him by staying back and black sky bolting him to death. It's just like my dark souls playthrough.

A blood gem that requires intense grinding to obtain

What about the ring you find in the dungeons that you can use to propose to Vileblood Queen?

It's possible they're actually nightmare dimensions and all the story bosses you encounter in there are just projections

Why would some say Kosm then? They wouldn't. You're stark raving mad.

Vilebloods aren't canon either.

To elaborate what said. It's a jab at Korean MMO's which tend to be extremely grindy and tedious.

Well I surmised that, what gems though? The ones Amygdala drops?

So the appearance of a character who plays a decent-sized role in the story and lore as the mother of Mergo, and a weapon used by three separate hunters (Jozef, a Yahar'gul hunter, and one in the Hunter's Nightmare), two not in the dungeon are not canon?
If we throw out the dungeons, Queen Yharnam goes with them. A good amount of the game's story is built on her bearing Mergo. How exactly are they not canon?
I'd be willing to go along with this, partially because hunters down there respawn, and don't die like the others
Along with the Executioners who are hunting them, the Church which heads the Executioners, Byrgenwerth which had connections to the Church, and the Hunters who possibly once worked with Byrgenwerth? Why don't we just make the whole game non-canon? It's the nuclear option to settle all these lore fights

Nope, just Vilebloods.

Any good chalice dungeon cursed gem, especially the ones you specifically need for your build.

Oh right.

fire saw spear

How do you figure that? They're specifically mentioned through Maria, Alfred's lore bits, Yamamura uses the Chikage, they're real

Non-canon segments. Vilebloods don't exist.

>If we throw out the dungeons, Queen Yharnam goes with them
No she doesn't. She shows up plenty in-game. Her boss battle is non-canon fanservice.

>Tfw arc would have been viable from start if you could have stared with a blacksky eye.
Holy shit this thing is insane.

>getting nothing but vials and bullets from chests in FRC now
help

If chalice dungeons aren't canon then how did Byrgenwerth discover all that arcane shit?

Please tell me you're shitting, I refuse to believe anyone could believe this
The dungeons are her technical residence, an area built below Yharnam according to some chalice descriptions. If they're non-canon in the sense that they don't exist, we have to scrap Queen Yharnam, because she and the rest of the Pthumerians would therefore never exist. If they never existed, we never would have had Mergo, and would need to scrap a huge chunk of the game.
According to the Yharnam Stone, her consciousness stirs in unsettling motions, despite being dead, the dungeons her tomb. She can still appear during those unsettling motions.
We understand very little about the dungeons, but it's unreasonable to declare them unanimously non-canon. If we remove the dungeons, we also remove the Loran dungeon, leading to the removal of a good amount of the Nightmare Frontier. Amygdala drops the Loran chalice, should we declare Amy non-canon, too?

The dungeons exist in canon, but our exploits within them are pure game. Unless you wanna explain how we can fight the same bosses a billion times?

>Plus, I remember hearing something about Kos(m) sounding like Cosmos being pure coincidence and in Japanese there's 0 similarity between the words.

Kosm: ゴスム (gosumu)
Cosmos: コスモス (kosumosu)

>he thinks he can comprehend the true nature of the universe in a cosmic horror story

>it was just the cosmos don't have to explain shit
not
canon

>Unless you wanna explain how we can fight the same bosses a billion times?
Just like how Laurence is dead in the waking world but alive in the nightmare. Chalice dungeons function exactly like the dream, and all the enemies you find inside make sense. They reused Rom because that's where she comes from, otherwise they would have used a different boss that's more appropriate gameplay wise.

Not nesisarily.

Korean gems are anythibg that takes an obscene amount of effort to get,

- All offshape gems are Korean because it's basically multiplying the droprate for what you want by 0.01. The most common useage of "Korean" is for 31.5% BLT gems. Super powerful on Chikage/Bloodletter/Bowblade, but only drop as Circle. So you need offshapes (1% droprate) to fill other slots. If you want perfect curses and enough to fill all 3 weapons it's probably going to take 2000 kills.

- rare drops from the Watchers, EG 23.6% nourishing gems. Or perfect poison gems. Those are often rarer than Offshapes

- matching rare secondary effects, EG a 21% fire + 10.9% VS Beasts is the best Beasthunting gem in the game. But getting a madman to actually drop those effects takes forever. And they only come in Waning as well, so if you want another you need offshapes.

- super rare world drop effects, Radial Arcane + flat ARC Brainsucket gems can drop in Pthumeru. But it's extremly rare.

Most Korean thing I've ever seen was a guy on Reddit with a Kos Parasite using three Eribritas Abyysals with +15 flat Arcane secondary all with decent curses. Abyysals are 1/3, decent curses are 2/3 at best, 1/6 if you care a lot, Flat arc is one of the rarest secondaries and two of the gems were Radial, which is 1/3 possible shapes that can happen in the 1% of the time they don't drop triangle.

Not him, but the dungeon changes form multiple times through Root Dungeons. There's more than one Amygdala, given all the lesser ones we find. Ebrietas appears to be a mature Celestial Child. The Celestial Emissary, same thing. Rom could be a result from the little Roms maturing. Fighting Queen Yharnam multiple times, her consciousness stirs despite her death. Everything else, there's multiples of them, easily.
So if I go to Loran, equip the Beast Claw, and imprint gems on it from the dungeon, do I just have a hole in the timeline and universe strapped to my arm?

>chalice dungeons are canon except for a very specific selection of things

You have non-canon elements in a canon element.

Christ Almighty, user.

Is Amygdala non-canon for possessing the chalice of Loran? Ebrietas was found in the dungeon is Isz, is she non-canon? Along with the Choir, and by a stretch, the Church? Are the Tomb Prospectors all false, the Radiant Sword Hunter Badge a simple prop?

They're canon but their representation through the dungeons isn't canon since chalice dungeons aren't canon.

You guys are seriously overthinking this.

>chalices and dungeons exist

>they lead to an infinite warren of alternate realities

>we shouldn't take what happens inside as reflective of canon of the actual real world.

>decide to try Laurence

>feeling pretty confident because overleveled

>die in one hit

oh geez