Give me reasons why I should or shouldn't buy a corolla

Give me reasons why I should or shouldn't buy a corolla.

I'm by no means a car enthusiast so all I'm looking for is a fuel efficient reliable car and from what I've read the corolla is arguably the most reliable car in the world. I'm thinking about getting a 2014 one with ~30-40k miles because those are the ones that are in my area and in my price range

The only downside I see in this car is that it only has 132hp so it's pretty "boring", but is it really that boring? It's not like I'm gunna be racing this thing

mpg or power
corollas handle great
30-40k miles is not many

Buy a mazda 3

Yes it is boring. My mom has one and its great for just going A-B or DDing to work but you mash the gas and nothing happens. If you drive aggressively dont even fucking bother cause this thing is a fucking gas hog if you beat on it. Im thinking about getting one for a second car. Just driving around the city I get 35-ish mpg. Thats great for me cause I like to just cruise around when I get bored.

Just get an the last gen
Probably same powertrain
No reason to spend money on that

Steering feels like it's cushioned compared to a Mazda3 but at least the engine's okay compared to say a korean econobox.

you don't have to be a racer to appreciate sporty steering/suspension unless of course you specifically want a sterile smooth drive (definitely better for your passengers at least).

just a heads up, it has a 4speed auto that makes this car sluggish as fuck. you might want to consider the manual.

I drive a 2015 LE. It's good for DD. The new 2017 models come standard with a load of tech that everybody else offers for extra. So if you are getting this to commute, get it.

Complaints:
Pickup could be better
Plastic... Plastic everywhere
Entune Audio

You sound like a boring person, so this should be the perfect car for you.
-it's boringly reliable
-it's boringly durable
-easy to drive/park/pick up you boring GF from her boring work
-it will still be boring 7 years from now when you sell it for $1000 to some other boring person

Enjoy.

Just get a camry instead. It's far better for only a bit more. Why you ask? Go to the dealer and test drive both. You'll immediately see what I'm talking about. If you got the guap get an Avalon

what do you drive now?

Yup, 2017 Camry SE (wit dem SWANGIN 17 INCH RIMZ YO) can be had for $17,500 before tax/fees. Srs. I bought one for 18,500 months ago when it wasn't as much of a clearance deal. Go fukkan get one, price of a Corolla and much better

For bay area fags:
Elk Grove Toyota
Concord Toyota
Fremont Toyota
Livermore Toyota

These places have good deals, have them negotiate prices off each other

That year has the continuously vibrating transmission. Toyota started introducing them round 2012

Get an FRS with a standard transmission. It will be much more fun, just as reliable and durable with slightly less mpg.

The plus side to this is you will actually enjoy it and therefore won't mind paying for it every month.

well the 4speed and cvt are both lame

How the fuck are you getting $6000 off MSRP? You're talking about a brand new SE for $17,500 after destination and it's not a loaner or a demo or a CPO or a trade-in?

Not him sedans are selling well though.. MSRP doesn't mean that's what you should pay after all the fees and junk especially

Camry's have been selling DEEP below MSRP in the past year or so

December Toyota did horribilay. Also their Black Friday deal was a $2500 factory rebate on the Camry, and dealers have the room to discount ~$4500 or more if they want. A brand new Camry w/MSRP of 25k can go for 17.5 before fees/tax these days, if the rebate is still similar.

Srs brah, no dealer will admit it but you got nothing to lose, go negotiate a deal

By all means, buy a Corolla.
But buy the right one.
Avoid the normal Corolla sedan. Go for the Corolla iM. It's literally better in almost every single way.

>buying a 4-cyl camry
kill yourself

>tfw that's my DD

doesn't matter. the only camry worth buying is the v6.

This. If you're going to buy the most basic motor vehicle one can own, at least get the hatchback instead. Much more cargo room and looks cooler. More like a rally car than an fwd econobox

I test drove the 2017 corolla SE with all the upgrades. It was BORING drive. The CVT did normal calm driving fine. The "SPORT" button made the engine rev alot more but it didn't get you much power even if you floor it. The paddle shifter don't really work since it's CVT it changes the rev count but you can't actually go into "6th" it limits the gear type and if you are in 4th and stop at a red it drops you to 1st on its own and 1st isn't first it shifts up. The fuel economy is good but the corolla always has been good but the competition even nissan have caught up.

I feels really heavy for a car but the electric steering is very light. The reverse camera looks like it's a 0.5MP webcam from the late 90s. It has very very firm seat and after 45 mins of test driving I was already sore which is dumb since the LE seats are super comfy compared to the sporty version. The color screen between the analog dials is meh really.

There's a reason I bought he 2016 Honda Civic EX-T which is better in every way.

Nah, I got a 2017 WRX back in December and I'm still loving it - I'm just surprised that the discount was so steep.

I had an offer from a Ford dealer with $5000 off MSRP on a Fiesta ST, but I assumed that it was something unique to Ford and that car. I never would've thought that a Camry would go below thousands below $20,000 even if it's a base SE.

This would've been good to know back in 2014 though lol - my parents bought a 2015 Corolla for $17k ish. If they could've gotten a Camry for $1000 more I'm sure they would've done it.

The Civic is currently much better, but I think a big part of that is because it's a lot newer than the current Corolla. With the Sentra, the Civic, the Impreza, and even the Lancer getting redesigns as of late I expect that Toyota is going to be rolling out a new Corolla soon.

That's the thing you can get a camry for not much more. In fact the top corolla trim is 6K more than a camry with similar mid range trim.

>reverse camera looks like it's a 0.5MP webcam from the late 90s
Are you shooting 4k flashy music videos with it or just parking a car?

Well I own the 1.5 turbo engine civic. Nissan have a turbo with less power, Mazda have a turbo mazda somehow but corolla does not yet.

I'm guessing the 2018 corolla S or SE maybe even the iM hatch will have a turbo engine. They've been making the same engine for 13 years which is great engine that can't die but it's functional and nothing else. But Toyota focus alot more on economy and reliability. It still not intensive to get one.

My civic is ridiculously good, comfy everything, good economy if you're gentle on the gas. Obviously it's not a sports car but if you want some nice torque and accel it's great for that in Sport mode. I'm not a transmission hater the CVT on my 10th gen civic is the best CVT i've driven.

Oh then you have not seen it then. You need a clear screen if you want to see over the tall trunk line. It's really bad and suffers from alot of glare and the screen you watch it from is pretty poor quality.

Get a focus, 160hp, great handling and similar empeegees

So what are you suggesting? That they mount an ARRI camera for a true kinomatographic experience on a 18000€ car?

It's not just the practicality of the hatch that makes it better nor the looks.
The hatch also gets a double wishbone IRS while the sedan gets a twist beam rear axle.
The hatch also comes completely loaded with everything. To load the sedan up to the same spec, you're looking at 3-5 grand more.
And the hatch comes standard with rear disc brakes which, iirc, are only available on the sedan's upper trims.