Regret Thread

Regret Thread
Buyer's Remorse General
Suicide Central

Did I fuck up Veeky Forums? I really hate the CVT on this car, at least the mileage is good

Can someone please assure me that I didn't make a bad purchase?

You bought a civic. It's designed to be boring and simple. if you expected any kind of fun you are not going to find it in a stock cvt civic

>inb4 autists get angry instead of just hiding thread.

I miss these threads

How much did you buy it for? It seems like a good car for commuting. The CVT makes the ride pretty smooth. Don't expect any performance out of it though.

In other news I got a Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V (pic related) with 150k miles for 3500. It runs well, but the check engine light just came on. I kind of regret buying manual, because I just learned. My shifting is alright but its not fast so its frustrating. I'm so happy with this car though, its decently fast and handles surprisingly well.

Is that the 1.5L turbo or 2.0L without? If it's the 2.0 ya dun goofed.
I really want the 2017 hatchback but won't be able to get it until next year. What's so bad about the cvt? I'm still debating between cvt and manual. Ive been driving manual for 7 years and getting kind of tired of it

sometimes i wish i had bought the FJ instead of the Tacoma

troll thread m8

Spent $2600 on an old truck to learn how to drive stick in

Turns out I don't like driving stick. Does it only get fun if you get into racing/off-roading and learn advanced techniques? I miss my automatic shitbox

I spent $31500 on a V6 Altima and on the 2 hour drive home I shit myself and the cloth interior is done for. I called my insurance company and they don't consider this vandalism or an act of God so they won't cover my claim.

No, it doesn't get fun. You're moving a stick back and forth and pushing a pedal. The overall experience of racing or offroading might be fun, but not driving a manual in isolation.

How did you shit yourself that badly??? I've done this before. Luckily I had a towel to sit on and most of it stayed in my underwear...

>Can someone please assure me that I didn't make a bad purchase?
You did not make a bad purchase. CVT just needs a different driving style. Look at all the hardcore hooners in Veeky Forums that insist on manual transmissions. That requires an even bigger change from your standard 5 speed automatic transmission. But the change from your automatic 8 speed transmission is not all that much different unless you like stomping the pedal all the time.

At least with CVT you can use cruise control on the highways and just let it CVT CVt Cvt cvt . . ... Just don't snooze.

>I shit myself and the cloth interior is done for
It looks like you have a new frontier to conquer.

There have been several past good threads with details on cleaning poop or dirty seats. One thread even described step by step the things to do in order.

I bought a 370Z like a month before the Nismo version was announced.

I probably still would have gone with the regular one but it would have been nice to have the option.

>Can someone please assure me that I didn't make a bad purchase?
Be glad you don't have to drive stick in traffic jams or stop and go traffic in the city.

Fuck off with this. So sick of seeing this. "Muh knees in traffic!"

If you can't fucking manage your clutch in traffic you should jkys.

Here's what I said in the previous thread because you're too retarded to get the hint fuckhead.

Goddamnit you fucking retard. I TOLD YOU to sell that 180k Sentra and just buy a 80-110k 7th gen Civic.
But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
That didn't seem like an upgrade to you.

So you went and financed a terrible car and came back on Veeky Forums bitching about how you're upset you bought a POS we told you not to fucking buy.

Grow a fucking pair and stop making these threads. If you're going to ignore EVERYTHING we say, why the FUCK should we bother to give you advice?

Fuck off, quit bitching, and sign up for that sexual reassignment surgery you sorely need.

I bought a B7 S4. I was car hunting and after going to 3 places looking for cars and not finding what I wanted, the used car dealership salesman tells me he has an S4 going for a low price. I didn't do the research on this car but I usually do for the cars that I look for. I didn't know about the timing chain.... Sold it for a 2k loss a month after owning it. B6-B7 Audis with the V8's timing chains have an expiration at around 200k kms and will cost an arm and a leg to replace. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Depends of the car.
Buy a Miata and redline every gear. I promise it will be fun.

>have e30
>want to get rid of rust for starters
>want to finally drive with some pride
>get new sills, outer rear arches and inner ones, new rear valance, restore the factory robot at sill front boxes (notorous rust trap)
>the car looks a shit now even more, no prep work done by the supposed E30 pros
>still need to dig out a painter and swap in a new engine
>spent 2k on some fuccboys to weld in new panels and basically nothing else
>in fucking eastern europe
>the fucking taillights now leak water, i.e. shit welding and messed up geometry
>the guys who are swapping the engine would have done the same work for 1.5k with prep work and gotten me handjob from a fancy whore

i do not want these feels. i really dont. i could have simply saved up more, sold both of my cars and gotten a really nice E46 330ci, but noooooo, future investment.

STOP ASKING FOR REASSURANCE ON YOUR STUPID CIVIC REEEEEEEE

>What's so bad about the cvt?

Uneven power delivery. Also torque is not instantaneously delivered when you hit the pedal, there is like a 0.5s gap that can get really annoying.

no

You will never get reassurance. We told you buying new was retarded on your budget. You ignored our advice and now want us to pat your hand and tell you it's alright.

Fuck that. You dug your own fucking grave. I hope that Civic blows up, you're still in debt, and you have to continue driving that old 180k Nissan Sentra you didn't trade in.

Don't even touch the CVT. Aside from being boring as shit and sounding/feeling weird, it'll explode after 50k miles. If you want an automatic econobox, get a mazda3 since it doesn't have a CVT

>Buying a coupe
>Ever

If it's not a "sports" car why would you ever get a two door?