/dbdg/ - Dead by Daylight General

Camping is a legit strat, deal with it: Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>What is Friday the 13th?
a upcoming slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one
f13game.com/

>Official Wikis and sites
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friday_the_13th:_The_Game
deadbydaylight.com/
f13game.com/
lastyearthegame.com/

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.3.1f)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642901285984203/

how do I counter shape

Shout out to all the innocent Jakes who get the blame for sabotaging hooks as the guilty Meg/Claudettes t-bag at the exit.

Spin your camera until he gets EW2

When EW2 treat him like any other killer.

Oh no, I got sent to the swamp, and they took all my hooks.

Including saboing my very last hook right in front of me while I was carrying a DS Jake to it.

Oh no, my cord accidentally fell out.

Oh no, I feel so bad.

>ds
>Flawless skill check
>doesn't drop me
Neato

shout out to my post in the last thread

*shitpost

doesn't he have better stats as EW2 tho?

especially when he's able to whip out his 60 second instakill bullshit mode

faggot

megafaggot

faggot idiot i'm better at dead by daylight than you so stop posting no one wants to hear your stupid fucking opinions

1v1 me on coldwind pussy, see what happens.

>Randoms add you to carry them because you're rank 1
>they have the "everyone sucks by me syndrome"
Nigger, its you, its 100% you, forever and always.

You really just gotta get better at spotting him out with your camera. At EW2 you still should be trying hard to see him coming if you can because the terror radius is still really small. EW3 you can play normally but you need to be sure to not put yourself in a position where you can't at least get to a pallet if he's coming your way due to instant downs. If you're really having trouble I'd suggest using spine chill or premonition. Spine chill if you're decent at at least knowing the general area of the map he's in and premonition if not. Eventually you should be able to get by without either.

>playing as Trapper
>early in the round I slashed at someone but she escaped me
>hear her pained moans above the rape shack
>head downstairs and catch the little bitch hiding in a locker
>hang her ass up and put a trap at the bottom of the staircase as I'm leaving
>a minute later someone sprung the trap
>make it back in time to hang her ass up too
>2 in the rape dungeon, start patrolling above around the house, lay a few traps
>catch one hiding in the wheat stalks
>chase ensues, right as I down her one survivor is rescued
>leave my kill on the ground and haul ass back to the basement
>catch one in a window beartrap and hang her ass back up again, instant kill
>at this point basically the whole round was spent in and around the basement
>go back to the survivor I downed in the wheat field, hack at someone right before they save her
>drag my third victim back underground
>last one tries to hide outside beside the doorframe
>catch her and hang her up for a grand total of 4 basement kills
>after chat: CAMPER CAMPER CAMPER CAMPER CAMPER CAMPER CAMPER

Every fucking game

I'm confused, am I supposed to let them rescue each other?

>I'm confused, am I supposed to let them rescue each other?
They think so.
Play killer however you want, let the salty cucks cry.

Can I play survivor however I want.

Sure can, but don't be a whiny bitch when it gets you camped.

This

>chasing one survivor that's been a pain in my asshole all game
>he keeps doing that thing where he waits at a barricade as I'm chasing him
>over and over and over
>finally catch him on a lunge through a barricade drop
>hang him up and taunt him for the entire duration
>post game chat the tears flow
>camp the barricade and I camp you

Yeah he should probably have just let you kill him instead.

>want to get blood on your face achievement
>finally get ebony mori in bloodweb
>only 3 people load in
>1 DCs immediately

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

or he could have ran and hid instead of being a licensed pallet tour guide

If the killer is good that doesn't really happen too much. Take it as a compliment.

There's a difference between

running constantly and using a pallet when the killer is close
and
dropping a pallet then moving 5 feet to the next pallet with 0 effort to get away.

Yeah I forgot most killers have 0 object permanence and walk the other way as soon as the survivor crouches mid-chase.

If the killer is actually decent then yeah it's valid because a good killer will almost always catch a survivor running away.

Bad survivors need inifinites to live
Good survivors need pallets to live
Great survivors only need their wits to live

so the better the killer, the less effort you should put in? makes sense.

Great or not, sometimes you do NEED a pallet or window (although windows are absolute garbage) to be given a shot to lose the killer.

"Good" survivors need pallets, flashlights, sb, sc, and ds to live

This would never work without iron will 3.

>Next patch forces killers to only use one teachable
>But they can use an extra weapon/ability as their secondary from any other killer
Would you still play it?

That's why I use Iron Will 3. It also works if you haven't been hit yet, Iron Will or not obviously. If I didn't have Iron Will I wouldn't have attempted this.

Absolutely not.

I didn't say that. I'm saying it's often the only way to keep yourself alive against certain players. I myself prefer scratch baiting and then juking but I don't see anything wrong with using pallets. At the end of the day it means there\s less pallets to get used for the other survivors later.

That sounds like a mess.

Besides, we already know how that turned out.

the main problem is that the game doesn't last long enough for less pallets to matter

i refuse to play this game until they fix 90% of the bullshit or add a tittymonster

this is gonna be a tough match

I'm allergic to chainsaws

check every corner if you see him.

IF...

>All these /dbdg/s who are running into each other
Are you faggots sniping? I refuse to believe you're all this lucky

kaz got killed by a hag. how good could he be?

Why the fuck do I keep getting matches with only 3 survivors?

Does Object Of Obsession work with Sole Survivor because I really want my free wallhacks but I do not think its working.

did not see kaz the whole match
although i was busy trying to get the laurie the whole match because of a vendetta from an earlier game against her and the meg

couldn't post a post-game or anything?

who the fuck is kaz

i forgot to :^(
i only got the laurie though and almost the meg

What actually faster, swivel sockets or instructions?
Someone who posts here enough to be known by name.

I did indeed get killed by a hag. I've said it before the way I play gives killers the chance to outplay me, not just hope for a lucky hit through a pallet.

I've been in a game with 4 people from here in 1,008, one of which was a bot game, and i did snipe one. Not exactly what I'd call lucky.

Yeah 382 bold point game, 250 from the "escape" at the gate and the rest from basement time. I got trapped there for a bit while you were chasing someone. I thought the Laurie was gonna sell me out upstairs in the lodge too.

Sockets are faster, but the faster you repair the faster you go through charges. Instructions make you go through charges slower but at the same base toolbox repair speed.

To be fair. It was one of the only 3 people in the world who play hag at all seriously

Hmmm. I would have thought you'd be higher rank

wait, why did balanced landing go off?

I'm pretty slow at climbing ranks nowadays due to playing less and I do essentially try to cut out bold points entirely so getting 10K points can be a bit of a challenge depending on the killer.

Killers don't rely on perks as much as survivors do. I doubt anything would change.

Oh yeah forgot to say something about that. Balanced landing has been doing that for awhile now where it will just give you a speed boost for no reason, once about every 4 games or so. And then it appears to be available for use after that but it's not always the case, I've had it use itself like this, went to use it and I just full stumbled and ate shit. Hard. I still like the perk because it gives me more options especially on The Asylum and Lampkin Lane, ones that killers aren't used to, or at least not used to losing survivors with.

Oh shit, is Kaz exploiting :O

balanced landing procs if anybody falls off of a high ledge, not just you.

1: How can any devs, even these ones, fuck up that bad?
2: How long has this bug been present?

You know how few people actually use BL though?

1. Frog coding magic
2. Since before the hag came out for sure, I don't remember the exact patch but haddonfield was relatively new at the time

>Create perk that only works on a handful of maps
>Don't edit previous maps to make the perk useful there

So very lazy.

I've never had it happen when I was in a chase the whole time I've been using it so it pretty much only takes away my stumble resistance whenever it happens. That and I stand still a lot.

Oh, huh, I can't believe I didn't put that together..

I've been using the perk since I level 50'd Nea since I got BL 3 at level 50 and it's been doing it since then so Nov 25th at least. The thing is nobody uses it so I suppose they either don't know or don't care.

Reminder to always bet on A C E

>When you used a salty lips jar on ace with your ante-up and he can't unhook himself.

The SWF exploit potential on this is fucking staggering though. I doubt you made any attempt to inform the devs either.

Why do killer cucks complain about survivor perks so much? Do they really expect survivors to intentionally not take any of the good perks just so it's easier for the killers to win?

THREADLY REMINDER

Halloween>Halloween 4>Halloween 2>Halloween 3>>POWERGAP>>Halloween 5>Halloween 2 (remake)>Halloween H20>>>Halloween (remake)>shit>Halloween Resurrection>my mum's corpse> sabo claudettes>Halloween 6

I suppose, but would they give up one of their meta perks for it? They already have 5 perks in the meta as far as I can see, and they're all stronger than half of balanced landing.

As for the informing the devs part, I haven't because it's not worth the time IMO and it would be such a low priority anyway that I doubt it would happen any time remotely soon. But you know about it now, so be my guest if you'd like to report it.

It has nothing to do with the perks, it has to do with the toxic play style that people use in tandem with them.

>SB to a pallet
>Loop for 3 minutes
>get hit
>Run to a pallet and start healing yourself
>repeat until healed
>Loop for 3 more minutes
>get hit
>run to a pallet and start healing
>Gates are open, adrenaline up, full healed
>get hit
>finally get downed
>DS and run to the escape line to twerk
>Why didn't you just switch to another survivor?
>because all 4 are doing this
>why are killer cucks complaining, just git gud! XD!!!!!

Really makes one think.

>having one guy just sitting on a ledge so that he can give someone else a speed boost

doesn't seem like something that would be too useful in practice desu

>when they loot all the chests in front of you so you watch their hook progression from the exit gates
Who /petty/ here?

>But you know about it now, so be my guest if you'd like to report it.
Doing so now because, unlike you, I'd like this game to last after f13 gets released.

One shutters though to think how many other exploits you or others are aware of. Guess we'll never know!

>Don't running ante up for chest lootin' faggotry
dun goofed

Yup that's what's gonna kill the game, Balanced Landing.
Think about this for a second. If there is legit potential for something to be abused by SWF, especially if it's been out for several months, and they don't use it (because there's no way the meta players don't know about it) it's obviously not good. Having someone sit on a ledge for a whole chase just for the off chance that a 2 second sprint burst would be remotely useful (which the situation has to be right and THEN it has to be communicated to drop, and hope the drop procs it fast enough to still be valid since they said "drop)

The trinity plus adrenaline is still the best perk setup by FAR for them because it's easier to coordinate, gives a longer sprint, AND heals.

I mean sure bugs are bad, but this is literally the least harmful bug there is currently. But sure be dramatic about it.

I only spent enough points on Meg to get 4 perk slots

>always bet on ace
>see up the ante in maybe one out of 50 games

comeon, if 2 people run it in a game, it's already guaranteed self unhooks worth 1500

>trapper downs my teammate
>he gets hooked
>run over
>see 2 traps underneath him
>hear heartbeat as trapper was patrol camping the hook as well and sees me

lol?

Yeah, but there is one thing about Myers - he wastes a lot of time by starting the game with impared chasing potential. People on the high rank actively use their camera and have SB, so even if Myers spookes them, they'll just sprintburst away. Large maps are also very painful for him, so Wraith can be a better killer than Myers, especially if Wraith uses good addons.

I haven't played a single game where a successful gate escape was made with fucking shape as killer

What am I doing wrong? The son of a bitch has the most retarded kit out of all the killers. His fucking stage system really pisses me off.

Stage 1 is essentially the ultimate stealth mode, with immunity to detection perks as a slap in the face. Once he actually finds someone, stage 2 switches on to the standard killer kit, but with still a reduced terror radius, which then leads to his bullshit supersonic instakill mode.

It's like hillbilly and wraith had an ugly fucking child.

>oh god! just let it end!

>survivors complain about gen camping
ho boy, new patch is gonna be good. I can already imagine steam forums threads about killers camping gens and how there is no counterplay to it.

No, but they plan on changing it so it does.

>fifth game, first time it doesn't crash mid-match
>but a guy lags out or something
>I can't even pick him up
>oh well, let him bleed out
>he does
>three dead, let last survivor escape
>game simply doesn't end because it thinks the lagged out guy is still alive or something
>forced to leave match
Great experience so far.

Why didn't you wait for Jenny's game?

The actual fuck is wrong with these people?

I was talking about how the game will die because its community refuses to report game breaking bugs. How can the devs fix their game when some of their data is skewed because of exploiters such as yourself? Whats more important is that this is NOT the only problem this game has, but it does add fuel to the fire.

Seriously Kaz, this is some pretty sketchy behavior, even for you. The more you try to frantically defend yourself, the more guilty you look. Whether you want to admit it or not; you are a part of this game's community and your actions/inactions possibly have long lasting consequences.

Lastly, just because a perk is not a part of the meta does not mean that the perk should be ignored if it is bugged. This game has ISSUES and they cannot be fixed if people like you try to keep this shit to yourselves.

Do you really think there is a single bug in this game that the devs don't know about? All it takes is one guy mentioning it.

Anyone notice the massive surge in faggot killers disconnecting just as the last generator pops?

>Do you really think there is a single bug in this game that the devs don't know about?
> All it takes is one guy mentioning it.
Indeed, but Kaz said it her/himself; This perk is not used by many players....so whose going to report it?

All of this being said, I still place most the blame on the Devs for rushing this game out like they did.

>How can the devs fix their game when some of their data is skewed because of exploiters such as yourself?
>Seriously Kaz, this is some pretty sketchy behavior, even for you. The more you try to frantically defend yourself, the more guilty you look.
>This game has ISSUES and they cannot be fixed if people like you try to keep this shit to yourselves.

read:
(user)
(Kaz)
(Myself)
(user)
(Myself)
(Kaz)

He didn't know what was causing the issue, and what would the devs do with a bug report that says "My balanced landing sometimes goes off randomly."? Chuck it out the window cuz it would've been fucking useless. I don't know why you're trying to crucify him but it's fucking weird. It's also worth noting a chunk of the community already knew about the bug and what caused it. Devs should already be aware of it and if they aren't it's not anybody here's fault.

I thought it was common knowledge that Balance Landing goes off when other people drop? Every streamer mentions it that uses it.

I think people here who watch streamers are in the minority.

I don't see how it's sketchy for me. I use the perk for it's intended use. I don't exploit anything. I didn't even know what was causing BL to go off seemingly randomly until a couple hours ago. I suppose I'll submit a bug report though if that helps at all. Although I don't think this is game breaking. I don't want it ignored, it was more a view of the action of reporting it having little headway in fixing it anyway for the reasons I previously stated. I was treating it kinda like Iron Will back in the day when it just didn't work sometimes. I can see how this one is a little different though because it CAN give you a temporary unintended edge on the killer. However uncommon it may be.

This board is about all I get for outside of the game info. I like playing the game not watching someone else play (mostly) so I kinda kept myself uninformed it seems.

>watching streamers

There couldn't be a more useless and pathetic group of people in existence. These are people who will abuse game-breaking bugs, laugh and share it everywhere and then complain that survivors are "too hard" on them

Jenny's game?

what if angrypug was actually a saintpug?

how much would it affect the community?

>angrypug was actually a saintpug?

Who are you even talking about

Is there any way to get exclusives without paying a fortune? Like with cheat engine or something

What do I do when all the survivors are dead or escaped and I'm stuck on the map

It's not ending send help do I get punished for quitting?