My Motorbike was stolen need security tips

Well my beautiful board track racer was stolen last weekend. I spent $500 building her and when she was done I rode her up to get something to eat, locked her up with a master lock security cable and when I came back out the cable was cut on the ground and she was gone.

She was my first build and I'm not a motorcyclist so I didn't really think she would get stolen that fast. I didn't think through security either. I came across pewag chains in my research so far and I'm not sure how to find a u lock or something hard enough to resist an angle grinder one to put with the pewag chain.

Because I'm building another one in 2 weeks since I know how to build them so inexpensively. I figure I will hide 2 GPS trackers inside the frame of my next bike as well as RFID tags hidden inside each part with different I'd numbers so when I register her I can add all the I'd numbers with the vin numbers to DMV registration.

Any tips I could get?

Pic of what my bike looked like but she was red.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15464293/#q15464293
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>the cable was cut on the ground
Both homeless and "chronic" thieves hand around places with a bolt cutter in their backpack. When something shows up, they cut the cable and run off with it. Since they didn't have a key to start your motorbike, they probably put it in the back of their pickup. Black car thieves on my university campus do that. They don't even cut the locks. They just pick up the whole small bike block and drive off. We have lots of those concrete blocks to which a metal post comes out. They are heavy as they are similar to those concrete stops in parking lots. But they are a bit shorter I guess.

Shame
That's a nice tracker you got there

The "U-Bolt" type lock seems to be the only one resistant to the easy to get bolt cutters.

> Use a better lock
> Don't park it in the ghetto
> Don't leave the keys in
> Make sure it's locked to something secure

I bet a few months from now, OP will post another story after he makes another replacement. He returns to his neat antique-style collectible motorbike. Some people lounging around then come up to him to ask for a ride.

OP says no because he has to go now.

"You disrespecting me! You raciss!"

The rest of the story on the 11 o'clock news.

Don't unlock the bike when a group of risky people are clustered around it waiting for the owner to come back.

Can someone give me a thorough explanation of how to keep a motorcycle from being stolen?

I just bought one (still need to get it registered) a week ago. It weighs about 600lbs wet, is that light enough for some to pick up? All I have is an open carport with some lawnmowers and cars I can use to block any exits, can't full close it off though.

pic related was your bike ?
Post pics please

And that's why you don't park nice things in the ghetto.
If it can be carried, you don't STOP it in the ghetto.
People make a huge deal out of me riding my motorbike to work whenever I do, but I park it by a CCTV camera, lock it to a post in the staff parking area, and I've spent years being nice to security. And, frankly, the daytime security guy is an ex-gurka and all the latest batch of immigrants know that and respect him for it. He's also probably their grandfather or something. The only issue is the opportunist locals, who aren't going to manage to steal a motorbike without the keys.

A friend of mine has had two bikes vandalised by attempted thefts. One of which was going to be my first bike, had it not been written off with a crowbar. She parks it in London, on the street, and not in a very nice area.

> Take the keys out
> Keep it in a locked garage
> Lock it to something secure
> With a lock that can't just be boltcuttered off
> DON'T PARK IT IN THE GHETTO

Thieves do pull them up ramps onto the back of a truck or towing trailer.

>Can someone give me a thorough explanation of how to keep a motorcycle from being stolen?

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15464293/#q15464293

Hipster faggot fell for the "up and coming neighborhood" ruse.

You deserve it.

NOTHING survives an angle grinder, but they are loud, and everyone hears it. So peeps typically don't grind stuff when you are next door eating lunch.

Unprotected cables are easy to cut at any thickness, just nibble through the cable with a pair of wire cutters.

U-locks are are rearly hardened, and when they are, the other problem is there is plenty of room to stick a 2x4 or a length of rebar in and twist it off.

The best you are going to do for a lock is a length of hardened ("Grade 70" or better) chain you buy at the Home Improvement superstore, and a padlock with a Boron-Carbide hasp, like the Master Magnum. Whole setup should cost less than $40US

>spent $500 building her
>I know how to build them so inexpensively

Don't have much to offer that hasn't already been stated in the thread but pls tell us how to build these senpai, that bike looks sexy

>The best you are going to do for a lock is a length of hardened ("Grade 70" or better)
I had stout grade 70 chain for my bicycle (it was really big and heavy) and it still didn't stop the bicycle thieves at school. They didn't cut the lock as it was short hasp and the chain surrounding the hasp protected it from nibbling. Stolen daytime from the rack by the building door. Bold as fuck thieves.

do not store it on the street...?
Simple.

What about those brake-lock things? Those look pretty tough to cut through.

Also thanks and I'm and have had, in the last year I've lived here, stolen from me
>a pistol from my truck
>a bicycle
>well over $10,000 worth of tools
>a brand new 1200 motor for my boat
>the hood ornament on my '00 E320
>a Garmin GPS
>One of the Trump signs you stick in your lawn
>and some nignog took some snake-meat from my outdoor freezer
So you can understand why I'm worried about getting my brand-new bike worth more than my truck stolen. I'm legit thinking about moving just because of this, and have a new-found hatred for niggers. Can understand why them stealing shit is a meme.

Why do you leave shit outside?
Why do you leave shit in your truck?
Why the fuck do you still live in the fucking ghetto?

Your local thieves must think you're a fucking charity.

that's a bicycle brah.

It looks like they marked your property as a regular place to stop and visit in just one year.

Maybe you need to create a stake out but make it not look like a trap situation. The black rights activists will say you were looking for trouble by preparing to fight thieves. What would suck is the thieves use that gun they stole from you to shoot you.

Only the heavy-duty variety. The basic $30 U-locks that they sell for bicycles are a small step up from steel cables (which can be worked apart with wire cutters in a few minutes), but they're still soft and easily clipped with bolt cutters.

You'd need a U-lock with a fat fucking hardened shackle, or one of those purpose-made heavy hardened security chains with the shrouded high-security lock.

>Why the fuck do you still live in the fucking ghetto?
I actually live in a 200k house in an all white upper-class neighborhood with a neighborhood watch program. Nigs take the bus I'm guessing and scout for houses.

>Why do you leave shit outside?
>Why do you leave shit in your truck?
No other place to put it, I can't exactly fit a car in my living room. Left the truck sunroof open after work because I was tired and also a fucking dumbass. That's how they got my Walther and GPS. At least they left my radio alone..

I got more guns, I doubt the nigs know how to properly operate it so I'm not to worried about them using it on me.

>The black rights activists will say you were looking for trouble by preparing to fight thieves
Is that illegal or something? What the hell country is this if you can't kill a thief? They contribute literally nothing to society.

Why did you leave the gun and GPS in the truck? That is asking for it to be stolen.

>It looks like they marked your property as a regular place to stop and visit in just one year.
This.

Well the GPS I use a lot and the gun I just forgot

Keep your bikes inside the house, they get cold too.

here's a tip faggot, buy a car next time

>Nigs take the bus I'm guessing and scout for houses.
Same here. Mass transit is subsidized or free for the poor and homeless in many American cities. Some buses also have bicycle racks, so that helps thieves scout or get far away from the scene of a crime. Block watches are mostly ineffective because of racism laws and anti-profiling. In terms of successful anti-crime statistics, the leading solution is to have homeowner associations with closed neighborhoods.

If I had room to, and the stands wouldn't punch through flooring, I would. The garage is going to have to be good enough.

Not that guy, but the handlebars are too wide for any of the house's doorways. Not to mention there is also the step up and step down to get the bike in and out.

With your bike in the garage it is
Out of sight, out of mind.
The thieves riding by on bicycles or walking through your hood inspecting it for loot won't see it.
So they won't come by at night to steal it.
Unless they see you riding into your garage.

had the same thing happen to me, little moped i made as well as my mountain bike got stolen from my back porch, probably thrown in the back of a truck. If you have insurance, claim that the bike was brand new and say it was $1000 like I did. I got double back what they were actually worth from my home insurance company and i bought a snowmobile instead

>little moped i made as well as my mountain bike got stolen from my back porch
Is that porch totally open to plain view from the street? That may be the problem.

>Any tips I could get?
It was probably put in the back of some truck. So you'll have to find ways to park your next one that make it hard to anonymously do that. But my area gets dindu mugging at the ATM machine at the mall in front of everyone. So some thieves don't care how many are watching. But in the case of truck, it has license plates so witnesses are important.

>Why do you leave shit outside?
You can't bring a bicycle or motorbike indoors at the apartment, restaurant, store, office, or library.

>Your local thieves must think you're a fucking charity.
They don't think in terms of gratefulness so the idea of a charity doesn't exist in their vocabulary. All that matters is people who have stuff that they want and how much risk it takes to get it. Even in the summer, dindu walk or bicycle around with hoodies in the neighborhood. They don't live there and it's damn suspicious.

Thieves don't come around here. Rich area, police actually uphold the law in this country instead of handing out speeding fines and shooting people.

Sounds like a place full of contradictions if it actually is the way you described it.

>They contribute literally nothing to society.
BLM -- But Lives Matter.

I didn't describe anything. Just said that I'd keep my bikes indoors if I could.

They need to be in the warm, where oils won't freeze, and where I can look at my pretty red motorbike.

>Rich area, police actually uphold the law in this country instead of handing out speeding fines and shooting people.
Prince Rainier speeds 30 over the limit on the Monaco street. The police sees him speed by and doesn't give him a speeding ticket.

Prince Rainier speeds 50 over the limit. The police see that and don't give him a speeding ticket. He walks into the Monaco Palace. They don't shoot him for trespassing!

Nigger, fucking move out of Cali. Your problem is a common one is the USA where gun laws crack down on law abiding citizens and the police do nothing.
What you have is a nigger problem, and the only cure for a nigger is a heavy dose of 9mm, .45, and 5.56.

>I know how to build them so inexpensively.
post how

>A friend of mine has had two bikes vandalised by attempted thefts. One of which was going to be my first bike, had it not been written off with a crowbar. She parks it in London, on the street, and not in a very nice area.
women are retarded. they think they are invincible and then they get their shit pushed in and cry like children.

Visibility means theft.

>I figure I will hide 2 GPS trackers inside the frame of my next bike as well as RFID tags hidden inside each part
Those who buy the bike from the thieves will not report. They don't want to lose the money they spent to buy it. And if it doesn't actively broadcast, it's useless. Just look at all the unrecovered bicycles out there.

>Is that porch totally open to plain view from the street?
Even if it isn't, they will walk down alleys and peer at your backyard over the fence or through holes in the fence. They used to climb over the fence at my grandparents' house because they had a huge garden. Everything from fruit trees (1x tangelo, 4x navel orange, 1x grapefruit, 1x lemon, 1x kumquat) to strawberries, bell peppers, snowpeas (seasonal), melons, squash, tomatoes, and other vegetables.

Britain.

If you don't see the speed camera. you deserve a ticket. But the police will arrest thieves and not spend all their time shooting black people for being black.
Mostly because the thieves are mostly white trash chavs.

Show me on the doll where your mommy never touched you.

In court, your lawyer would Object and stop you from answering. Grounds are that answering forces you to grope the object that implying that you are a groper.