/r6g/ Rainbow Six General

Engineer QT Edition

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Velvet Shell Info
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/updates/velvetshell/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=yEJtuNIW-RI
youtube.com/watch?v=jE1h-IMLefY
Upcoming Changes to Pro League
reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/5odf7q/year_two_of_rainbow_six_siege_competition/
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Patch 5.3 is live.
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1547228-Patch-Notes-Update-5-3
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-1-4-2017

Friendly Mission Successful:

First for Stair Glitches

First for Thermite Killer Mira

She can also nuke the gook when Hibana has her nerf gun out

stop making threads early

>when you're having a shitty awful game and you're starting to get pissed but you get a ridiculous kill and everything goes back to normal

Calling it right now. Glaz's elite uniform, when it comes, will be VMF.

how about we post on the last fucking thread until it hits the limit

You first.

Veeky Forums always gets ass blasted at the dumbest shit a new thread is nice

anyone got the recent competitive operator usage + guns chart please

I had no idea Pulse was a gourmet chef

why would any thermite/hibana player breach the wall they can see you through?

I'm also hoping we can deploy her thing on windows, making castle even more useless

I wanna rub my face all over Mira's greasy face!

Add onto the fact she and Ash hare a "fierce" rivalry so she should possibly break the mirror early

but as for Thermite+Hibana place the window on regularly breached walls and that is a perfect deterrent already

So wait, is Mira the attacker or Defender?

If you're in House Garage or other defense spots, you don't much have a choice but to breach where the windows are going to be.

Defender.

Post yfw Mira is an attacker

She'd be the worst attacker in the game.

First for spain ops are gonna be trash

If it isn't a ghillie suit I'm gonna scream.

mira has a laser gun, so there's that

>get into a match with /r6g/
>cuck memes and anime avatars
J-join the Teamspeak guys!

You have been visited by the Doc of friendliness and no shitposting
Nice threads and drugs will come to you but only if you reply to this post with "merci, docteur"

Friendly reminder that if you want to avoid cancer in the general, simply employ 4chanx's handy Filter tool to filter the typical shitposting starters. Or at the very least, do not reply to them! It's that simple.

Do your part. Do not fan the flames of shitposters. Only you can prevent bad generals.

Better than solo queue.

t. cuck

Really proving him wrong there.

Merci, docteur

why do people suspect hacker always if you have a 10+ w/l ratio. I'm getting tired of being tk'd because of it.

t. other cuck

Anyone else on Xbone only ever crash in Ranked?

This game is stable in casual but crashes irregularly in Ranked.

Pretty fucking annoying desu.

>reach diamond finally
>decide one more game
>get disconnected at match point
>rejoin
>lose
>back to Plat 3
>mfw

>3 Armor
Every smg in the game is a laser guns if hers doesn't have an Acog its dead in the water

Merci, docteur

>doesn't have an Acog its dead in the water

is this what shitters truly believe?

charm is based on highest rank, you're fine kiddo

Its what the meta and disgusting angles belive

>3 armour

nice meme, she's 2/2.
at least from the build I played

>taking a gun that has no benefit over a shotgun

There are very few maps where I would take the MPX over the SPAS-12, using Valk as an example. Same with Pulse and the UMP.

Hell sometimes I take the 1014 with Thermite and rape shit

Thank God.

I can finally end my Autistic obsession to get that fucking charm.

is the kriss vector really a 1200rpm laser gun?

>meta fags
love it.
Demolishing people as they strictly adhere to muh meta is the best feeling

It had famas tier ROF shit damage and kinda wobbly recoil.

>wobbly recoil on my fucking vector

Meta niggers are annoying as fuck

You say you like Echo some fucking asshole types a paragraph at why Echo is shit

Is this in game or IRL?

I don't mind them adding now meta charathers i just dont want them to add shit charathers

Like I mostly play by the meta because I do like winning but fucking experiment a litte. Run some angle grips, suppressors and holos sometimes, open shit up instead of reinforcing or some shit.

>being a cuck
>complaining about anime on Veeky Forums

wew

since when does IRL guns have damage stats

>You say you like Echo some fucking asshole types a paragraph at why Echo is shit
But isn't he actually bretty gud tho?

>Shotty with best kill-range in the game
>Based machine pistol sidearm with TWENTY-SIX BOOOLETS
>Can also take no-recoil primary with acog if you want to pick fights long range
>Invisible valk camera that can be moved at will and can even deny plants or halt/slow down aggressive pushes

Might not be meta pick but it works-for-me (tm)

I guess I meant more the controlability of the weapons but yeah

probably from that slomo webm of the vector that gets posted on /k/ from time to time when it wobbles all over the place while firing full auto.

programmers base all their shit on memes

I like Echo

inb4

>LOL SAT look like shit
>MP5SD sucks man
>3 speed
>His nova sucks if you cant aim for shit
>blah blah blah
>You see here 1 speeds are this this this this

I fucking HATE meta niggers

That's not the SG-CQB

I'm most excited to play Mira with two shotguns just for the novelty of it.

>Used to follow thermite and thatcher meta religiously
>Actually found out you dont need to breach reinforced walls all the time in order to win

This is why I like Siege

/r6g/ making shit up again

Gracias, doctor!

Whos ready to sit though boring esports that will surely fuck up the schedule for like 2 hours while all the interesting Velvet Shell and Dev panels are moved back due to ESL/esport incompetence

when's it starting?

I would have liked if the meta incorporated a way in making Thermite essentially useless

>different characters have different wall reinforcement #'s
>Most have 2, some good ones, like Jager, only have 1, and some might have 3
>Can have a team of 3x reinforcements and seal up the objective and even adjacent rooms
>Sometimes you can seal up one wall and fuck everything up around the objective

It would be good, but I think that meta would be too complex even for Ubi... but they still only give Def Recruit 1 wall so I don't get it?

Friday

The "Conception of Siege" panel is the most interesting panel of that day

I sure love watching PC """"Pros""""

I am not the fucking greatest but I am plat and during the Red Crow tournament matches I saw alot of players made fucking questionable choices on PC.

A console player also said all "High level" console players apparently all use KMB adapters at home.

Ill warn this when the "legit" well known Esport organizations latch onto Siege this is when the community becomes un bearable

You see I dont hate the idea of esports but its just the entire i dunno attitude and presentation of it that makes me sick to my stomach. but the well known esports organizations are fucking cancer im talking shit like Navi or Fnatic.

I think what makes eSports so cancerous is they hail it as "everyone" can participate. It's somehow not like a SF tournament where 5,000 people show up then the last matches on Sunday are all 10/10 pros that is left over but we all know who they are and what they do

But it's also not like the Superbowl or NFL where it's only these "known" teams that everyone knows exists even if you don't religiously follow sports.

eSports is a weird thing. If it was filled more with people and personalities like Destiny or Youtube streamers like LevelCap it'd actually be interesting to follow, but they are essentially "Pro" nobodies who just play whatever game they are best at, and move on when the money dries up

Honestly I would rather watch a shitball tournament where Youtube personalities participate and there is a huge discussion surrounding the event than watch these nobody "Pros" do anything

The amount of purely mean spirited faggots has gone through the roof in the last few months.
Every game starts with people yelling at each other about potatoes, gloating over kills and ends with shameless shittalking. I'm all for a bit of banter, but keep it sporting. Why do people not have any respect anymore? I haven't played an IRL sport in years, is sportsmanship dead IRL too? Do people just gloat and call each other faggots on the football field?
Why can't people just act like adults?

I hope you're not an upset child out to accomplish nothing but being a vindictive cunt during a supposed leisure activity.

Why is Esports allowed to foster this attitude?

another problem with esports is that it creates an overall cancerous community obsessed with nothing but winning. It creates autistic personalities that will just flame and troll and feed if they don't get everything their way. And they're the first ones to bitch and moan for fucking ever if anything is slightly overpowered or underpowered.

>he didn't play competitive games before 2010

People IRL are fairly sporting.

I think it's just the whole anonymity and that you aren't face to face with these people so they justify shit talking because there's really nothing you can do in response to it.

To be honest MLG Esports was unironically fucking hype back in the day.

Shit like Halo 2 or other old school games was awesome as fuck better environment and more optimism

I fucking hate Esports, it causes the meta to solidify and stagnate, faggots will scream "that's not what the pros are doing" and instead of playing the fucking game they turn into copy cats

The thing I actually question the most is if Ubisoft is restarting the clancy-verse

GRAW 2 had you call in mission for H.A.W.X

Splinter Cell Sam ran into a squad of Ghosts

End War had characters from Rainbow 6

I did tho

This problem is exclusive to Siege because it's reaching niche player size while also having no server browser. Unlike virtually any era of CS where you can just play on one of a few servers that you know always has cool people, you don't have a choice on here.

And back then you had shit like Game Battles and tournaments nobody gave a fuck about, or STREAM THE FINALS TODAY without any of the build up fluff. Right now it always feels like Siege is in some pro league season or build up to it or some shit and it never goes away.

To imply the 2017 era of pro gaming is the same as 2007 MLG shit just shows how out of touch you are

Yeah I think if matchmaking was more indicative of not just win/loss it would be alot better. It fosters this win at all costs fuck anyone that you perceive as holding you back. Imagine if the amount of points you got at the end of a game were based on the quality of your calls, your accuracy, your time spent observing enemies on the camera, your kills/assists, your damage and what your team mates thought of you. It would be so hard to gauge and measure but imagine a world were you could lose rank for being an childish asshole or gain rank for playing a stellar game and working well with your team.

>I fucking hate Esports, it causes the meta to solidify and stagnate
Esports actually causes the meta to change faster cause everyone copies when the pros do something different

Without esports everyone is doing literally nothing. There is no meta. Groups of people stagnate for far longer because they don't even understand what they need to change.

Like when people used to play DotA and CS 1.6, unless you were using IRC to set up cal games literally every game was a stomp or you got stomped because no one had any clue on what they were doing.

>faggots will scream "that's not what the pros are doing" and instead of playing the fucking game they turn into copy cats

>implying the meta never changed organically

Wow it's almost like Valk and Blackbeard weren't 10/10 picks since day 1 and it required the game to shift to Cops and Roamers naturally because of it

or shields became progressively more useless as people realized they were shit and more nitros were added to the game

But I guess we all watch esports and copy the pros :^)

>Cops and Roamers

NOT AGAIN user

NOT AGAIN

I remember when GG meant good game and it didnt have to be followed by 'EZ'.

People weren't as bad back in the day. There was always shittalking but it was never purely mean spirited like it is today. It was banter, now it's just vicious. It's not really "esports" as much as it is MMR/Ranked game modes causing this. If you lost it wasn't a big deal, you know you played well and that was usually enough, sometimes you got thrashed, sometimes not. At the end of the day though it didn't really matter, now you keep telling people MUH RANK MUH MMR and suddenly it starts to matter to people because their virtual number goes down and it really brings out the worst of people.

xbox kiddies grew up

The internet as a whole is more mean and closed

if you think that halo 3 and cs 1.6/source competitive servers back in the day are the same level of cancer as csgo/league/dota are now, you're very much wrong
esports and the players who worship and try to copy the players have gotten worse and worse over the years

I considered my self pretty level headed until I started playing ranked in this game. I get so angry at myself and the game more than any other I have ever played.

Who here also gonna turn off the cancer that is twitch chat when the stream comes

Twitch chat makes me want to kill myself at what gaming has become

going to fullscreen it, mute it and then put it on the second screen until the good parts come

Is anyone going at the event?

Tournaments and esports back in the day were more "closer" if thats the word for it now its just commercialized bullshit back in the day you could get in a crowd behind a dude who was fucking destroying while you and other nerds all scream and squint at his monitor.

Now its just BUY A SEAT TO SIT IN A ARENA AND WATCH ON OUT FANCY LARGE SCREEN BUT TM. GAYMER GEAR SPONSORED BY HYPERXD.

Yeah back in the day sponsors were a thing but not as fucking bad as now

Yeah because if you lose, you lose your special number. I bet your mad at your team too. Because they sometimes cost you that number. Its natural.

I've been plat for the last 3 seasons and I've barely touched ranked in red crow. The - for want of a better word - toxicity is leaking into casual too. I genuinely think some people are just shitty people.

I don't like to lose and I do everything I can to win, but I don't rub it in the face of my opponent, I don't try to take backhanded jabs at my team. If I'm talking to the team, I'm trying to help. I know myself sometimes I'll tell them to do XYS when really I should just give them the info and let them make the decision themselves. But I'm trying to get my team to be the best they can.

Is there any big differences between the pump-action shotguns?

I wish they'd just give me an option to mute ALLCHAT in game. It's never anything by twitch chat tier.

what do you mean?

F A T

Not him, but I think it's also because everyone is supposed to be switched on and at their A game, and people make constant mistakes or refuse to communicate.

Which sucks because in ranked you should be playing to win, and a lot of people only play ranked because in casual you can't pick spawns

I wanna sniff her scarf

I mean besides the different damage listings, are there any unseen attributes like one fire a few extra pellets or something?

kappa